PDA

View Full Version : Contest (Closed) D&D 5e Subclass Contest XXXIII: Bigger is Better

Psyche
2022-10-01, 09:42 AM
It's time for our next subclass contest! Subclass Contest XXXIII: Bigger is Better

The class must fit the theme of the contest. For our thirty-third contest, Bigger is Better. It could be a subclass that is based around myths of titans, a subclass that can transform into great beasts of old, a subclass that fights fists of giants, anything dealing with massive creatures in some way.
Your class must be posted in this thread. If you wish, you can use external formatting, such as Google Docs or Homebrewery, though I recommend sharing it as a PDF to ensure that it works on most computers.
You may only create one subclass, which must follow the normal progression for the class it belongs to. Please specify what class it is for. You can use any published base class (including the Unearthed Arcana posts), or any existing homebrew class (don't make a whole base class just for your submission). If you are going to use a homebrew base class, make sure you get permission from its original creator and post a link so we know where to find it! Failure to get permission will be grounds for disqualification.
Until the contest is finished, do not publicly post your subclass anywhere else, other than the discussion thread for these contests. If you are found to have done so, that subclass will be disqualified (though you will be allowed to post a new one if you wish, within reason). Privately sharing your work is acceptable.
Your subclass must be complete by the end of the day on October 19th. The next day, I will put up a voting thread. Any submissions or edits after that point will be considered invalid. A two-week extension will be implemented if at least three requests are made in the chat thread.
A single extension of two weeks is available if at least three people request it in the chat thread.
Have fun, be respectful.

Chat thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...ming-Frequency
Voting Thread:

Old Harry MTX
2022-10-01, 12:29 PM
Ranger Conclave: Kaiju Tamer

Also called the guardians of the seas, kaiju tamers dedicate their lives to protecting ships and coastal towns from the terrifying monsters that live in the depths of the oceans. No kraken, scylla, charybdis or leviathan are safe under their watch!

By emulating this archetype, you will form a strong bond with these terrifying and majestic creatures, until you become together as unstoppable as a tidal wave.

https://i.ibb.co/YfQszRK/Kaiju-Tamer-w900.jpg

NOTE: I decided to take back this subclass that I created for a class of an old base class contest, adapting it to the ranger class. In some ways it's a reinterpretation of the beastmaster, a subclass that in my opinion deserves a lot more love.

NOTE: I merged several 3rd level features into one, called Seaborn. It is still quite front-loaded, but at least now it seems not... Everything has the purpose of giving a maritime flavor to the subclass.

Seaborn

When you choose this conclave at 3rd level, your mystical connection to the depths of the oceans infuses you with special abilities.

You gain a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.
You learn the shape water cantrip. This cantrip doesn’t count against the number of ranger cantrips you know.
You learn the create or destroy water spell. Also at 5th, 9th, 13th and 17th level you learn additional spells, as shown in the Kaiju Tamer Conclave Spells table. These spells don't count against the number of spells known. If you gain access to a spell that doesn't appear on the ranger spell list, the spell is nonetheless a ranger spell for you.
Kaiju Tamer Conclave Spells

Ranger
LevelSpells
3rdCreate or Destroy Water
5thMisty Step
9thWater Breathing
13thControl Water
17thMaelstrom

NOTE: Abyssal Recall is the core feature of the subclass. It's a sort of "Ranger's Companion", but the beast's CR increases dramatically, its maximum hitpoints don't change, has a slower walking speed, and a different flavor.

Abyssal Recall

Additionally from 3rd level, you can call the aid of a sea monster, a grotesque creature that inhabits the abyss, which seems to have been born from the nightmares of a drunken sailor.

Summon and Dismiss

NOTE: You need to "allocate" a spell slot to keep the bond with the beast.

At the end of a long rest you can spend one of your spell slots to forge a bond with a beast of the depths. The spell slot must be of a level equal to or greater than half the beast's CR (rounded up), and you can't recover it as long as the bond remains active. You can then summon the beast in an unoccupied space within 30 ft of you with a ritual of 10 minutes, or using an action and a spell slot of 1st level or higher, after which it can act immediately. You can also dismiss it at any time as an action, causing it to disappear. When dismissed, the beast keeps the damage taken, but can take short or long rests if it has the time.

If the beast has died within the last hour, you can use your action to touch it and expend a spell slot of 1st level or higher. The beast returns to life after 1 minute with a number of hit points equal to your ranger level x the level of the spell slot. When you finish a long rest, you can break the bond and recover the spell slot, or forge a bond with a different beast. If you already have a beast from this feature, it vanishes when you forge the new bond. The beast also vanishes if you die.

Template

Choose a beast as template that is no smaller than Medium and that has a challenge rating equal to or lower then the number shown in the Kaiju Tamer Challenge Rating table for your level. The beast gains the Amphibious trait, loses any flying speed and, if it does not have a swimming speed, its walking speed becomes its swimming speed. It also gains a new walking speed of 20 ft.

Kaiju Tamer Challenge Rating

Ranger
LevelChallenge
Rating
3rd1
5th2
7th3
9th4
11th5
13th6
15th7
17th8

Appearance

NOTE: This one is mainly flavor, but I preferred to make it a part of the feature and not relegate it in a textbox to give it more emphasis.

The beast has the appearance of a sea creature, mutated to such an extent that it can survive even out of water. For example, if the original template is a killer whale, it could move on webbed legs and arms similar to those of a gorilla, a spider or a scorpion could look like a crab or a lobster, a shark could have the legs of a crocodile, a tyrannosaurus could sprout tritonic gills on the sides of the head and fins on its back, tail and forelegs.

Statistics

NOTE: The main differences with Ranger's Companion is that the beast does not add your PB to its AC and that its Hit Point maximum remains unchanged.

Your sea monster uses your proficiency bonus rather than its own. It gains proficiency in two saving throws: Strength, plus one between Dexterity or Constitution, whichever has the highest ability score. In case of a tie, you choose. It also gains proficiency in two skills, chosen from Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidation, Perception and Stealth. Its Hit Point maximum remains unchanged. Like any creature, the beast can spend Hit Dice during a short rest.

Behavior

NOTE: While the latest errata corrige allow a Battlemaster ranger to use a bonus action to send orders to the companion, this feature requires an action to attack, in order to balance the highest beast's CR.

The beast is friendly to you and your companions and obeys your commands as best as it can. In combat, the beast acts during your turn, and you can verbally command it where to move (no action required by you).
Once per turn you can verbally issue one of the following orders to your beast.

You can use your bonus action to command it to take the Dash, Disengage or Help action.
You can sacrifice one of your attacks when you take the Attack action to command the beast to perform an attack.
You can use your action to command it to take any action in the statblock of its original template. You must be at least 5th level to order it to take the Multiattack action.

If you don’t issue a command, the beast takes the Dodge action.
If you are incapacitated or absent, the beast acts on its own, focusing on protecting you and itself. The beast never requires your command to use its reaction, such as when making an opportunity attack.

NOTE: Marine Affinity is a standard upgrade. Again, the profciency bonus part is intended more to give the right "seaman" feeling.

Marine Affinity

Beginning at 7th level, your bond with your sea monster becomes so strong that some of your energies begin to flow into it. The beast’s attacks now count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.
Additionally, you become proficient in any Wisdom (Animal Handling) and Wisdom (Survival) checks you make on sea creatures or marine environments, or double your proficiency bonus on those checks if you already were.

NOTE: Release the Cryptid is the second part of the core of the subclass. I'm not a huge fun of such a large set of options introduced at high level, but this compensates for the low number of beasts with high CR. Also, this is where the things start to get seriously BIG.

Release the Cryptid

At 11th level, your domain of the depths allows you to reach creatures deemed inexistent. When you forge a bond with a sea monster using your Abyssal Recall feature, you can choose a special specimen with unique traits, chosen from the options below. All these options are applied to the beast template before applying the changes of Abyssal Recall. When you apply one of these options to the beast, its CR increases (before increasing, a CR of 1/2 counts as 0, a CR of 1/4 or less counts as -1).

NOTE: Hybrid adds a nice set of possibilities.

Hybrid (CR +1). The beast gains a trait or a non-lair non-legendary action of your choice from those of any other beast, dragon or bestial-looking monstrosity with a CR equal to or less than its own. The DM must approve your choice in case of a non-beast creature. If the action or trait refers to one or more other actions or traits, it acts as if the beast knows all of them. The DM may also decide not to increase the CR of the beast if you choose an utility trait, such as Keen Senses or Echolocation.

NOTE: Slippery compensate the slow walking speed and adds some slimy flavor.

Slippery (CR +1). The beast's walking speed increases by 10 ft. if it is not on difficult terrain, and gains advantage on saving throws against being Restrained and Grappled. You can apply this option only one time on the same creature.

NOTE: Dire was created "subtracting" the wolf from the dire wolf.

Dire (CR +2). You can apply this option on a Medium beast. The beast's size becomes Large, and its Hit Die increases accordingly, from d8 to d10. Its Strength ability score increases by 5, Constitution by 3, and Charisma by 1. In addition, its number of Hit Dice increases by 3, its natural armor increases by 1 (maximum of 14), and its damage dice increase by one step, for example, from d4 to d6.

NOTE: Giant was created "subtracting" from several "giant" beasts their "normal" counterparts, and then taking the average values.

Giant (CR +3). You can apply this option on a Large beast. The beast's size becomes Huge, and its Hit Die increases accordingly, from d10 to d12. Its Strength ability score increases by 5, Constitution by 3, and Charisma by 1, while its Dexterity ability score decreases by 1. In addition, its number of Hit Dice increases by 5, all its damage rolls increase by one die and one step, for example, from 2d6 to 3d8, and the reach of its melee attacks increases by 5 ft. (reach +5 ft.).

NOTE: Mastodontic was created using brontosaurus and sperm whale as references.

Mastodontic (CR +2). You can apply this option on a Huge beast. The beast's size becomes Gargantuan, and its Hit Die increases accordingly, from d12 to d20. In addition, all its damage rolls increase by one die, for example, from 3d10 to 4d10, and the reach of its melee attacks increases by 5 ft. (reach +5 ft.).

NOTE: Share Spells is actually the same from the Beastmaster subclass.

Share Spells

Beginning at 15th level, when you cast a spell targeting yourself, you can also affect your beast companion with the spell if the beast is within 30 feet of you.

animorte
2022-10-01, 12:37 PM
This is a subclass for my recent homebrew base class entry, The Cleaner. (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25553561&postcount=6)
It still needs to be polished up a bit itself, but there's the link for reference. Thank you!

Field Technician
You've decided to take on a heavy duty and dangerous career. The type of hardware you work with would leave most people scratching their heads, and the rest losing their heads... literally. You know the ins and outs of this heavy equipment such that you can modify the technology to accomplish various effects. These appliances can be controlled from a distance and ridden on as well as being able to process autonomous decision-making.

Bonus Proficiency
When you accept the Walk of Field Technician at level 3, you know how to repair and operate every piece of equipment you might find yourself working with. You gain proficiency with Smith's tools and Vehicles (land).

Safety First!
Also at 3rd level, you keep all of your personal protective equipment nearby. Anything could happen at any time when you're working with machinery and you need to stay safe. You gain proficiency with medium armor and shields.

Burst of Productivity: Powered Industrial Truck (P.I.T.)
At 3rd level, you have learned how to create a Powered Industrial Truck. Using smith's tools, you can take an action to magically create a Medium P.I.T. in an unoccupied space on a horizontal surface within 5 feet of you. It completely occupies its space. Once you create a P.I.T. you can't do so again until you finish a short or long rest. You can have only one at a time and can't create one while your P.I.T. is present. It disappears after one hour.

You can program it to be friendly to you and your companions, and it obeys your commands. See its game statistics in the Powered Industrial Truck stat block, which uses your proficiency bonus (PB) in several places. You determine its appearance and whether it has four wheels or four legs. You or a friendly companion may ride the P.I.T. without affecting any of its movement or actions. While riding on it, you benefit from half cover and don’t need to make a saving throw against any of the P.I.T.’s effects (except Malfunction). When the P.I.T. forces a creature to make a saving throw, the DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier.

In combat, the P.I.T. does not take any actions of its own. On each of your turns, you can take a bonus action to cause the P.I.T. to activate if you are within 1000 feet of it. As a part of this bonus action, the P.I.T. can move up to its speed and take an action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. However, it can use its reaction on its own.

You know a number of effects that your P.I.T. can be programmed with. The effect is automatically available for the P.I.T. once you have created it with your Burst of Productivity. Upon completing a short or long rest, you choose which one of the following effects to program ahead of time:

Auto-Pilot (Passive): The P.I.T. will automatically move to and attack the most recent target of your attacks without requiring the use of your bonus action. It shares your initiative count, but it takes its turn immediately after yours. If you are incapacitated, the P.I.T. will continue to move and attack on its own, but can take no other actions.
Discharge: The P.I.T. launches a luminescent spray. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, creatures shed dim light in a 10-foot-radius for 1 minute. Any attack roll against an affected creature has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature can’t benefit from being invisible.
Electromagnetic Pulse: The P.I.T. releases a shockwave. Each other creature within a 10-foot-radius sphere must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn’t pushed. A creature made of inorganic material has disadvantage on this saving throw. This effect’s damage increases by 1d8 when you reach 6th level, 11th level, and 17th level.
Nullify: The P.I.T. creates and maintains a 10-foot-radius of complete silence centered on itself for the rest of its duration. No sound can be created within or pass through the area. Casting a spell that includes a verbal component is impossible there. You can end it at any time (requires no action).
Overheat: The P.I.T. creates a 20-foot-radius sphere of smoke centered on the P.I.T. The sphere spreads around corners, and its area is heavily obscured. It lasts for 10 minutes or until a wind of moderate or greater speed disperses it.
Shipment (Passive): The P.I.T. can hold up to 500 pounds for its full duration. If more weight is placed on, it takes 1d6 damage for each additional 10 pounds. It takes this damage each turn.
Vibration: The P.I.T. causes a tremor in the ground in a 10-foot-radius. Each other creature in the area must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d6 bludgeoning damage and is knocked prone. If the ground in that area is loose earth or stone, it becomes difficult terrain until cleared. This effect’s damage increases by 1d6 when you reach 6th level, 11th level, and 17th level.

Observation
At 6th level, you have learned to program your P.I.T. with a surveillance system. This is often used for transporting equipment through hazardous areas. As an action, you can see and hear from the location of your P.I.T. with a radius of 60 feet as long as you are within 1000 feet of it. During this time, you are deafened and blinded. You can activate this effect as many times as you like during the P.I.T.'s duration, and you can end the effect at any time (requires no action).

Manufacturing Upgrade
At 10th level, you have improved your equipment to allow for more powerful and much faster production. Your P.I.T. now has an increased speed of 40 feet. You can also choose to make it Large and, if you do so, it has a reach of 10 feet.

In addition, you can use your smith’s tools as an action to repair it, provided you are within 5 feet of it and haven’t exceeded its initial hour. At the beginning of your next turn, the P.I.T. returns to life with all its hit points. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a long rest.

Operating System
At 14th level, you have developed a greater understanding of your P.I.T.’s internal systems. After completing a short or long rest, you can now choose two effects to program.

In addition, you and any allies within 10 feet of your P.I.T. benefit from half cover, as long as it is still active. This does not include the P.I.T. itself.

POWERED INDUSTRIAL TRUCK
Medium Construct (Large)
Armor Class 14 + PB (natural armor)
Hit Points 5 + five times your cleaner level (the P.I.T. has a number of Hit Dice [d8s] equal to your cleaner level)
Speed 20 ft. (40ft.)
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
16 (+3) 10 (+0) 16 (+3) 4 (-3) 10 (0) 6 (-2)
Saving Throws Str + 3 plus PB, Con + 3 plus PB
Skills Athletics + 3 plus PB, Perception + PB
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, paralysis, poisoned, sleep
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10 + PB
Languages understands the languages you speak
Challenge -- Proficiency Bonus (PB) equals your bonusAll Terrain Vehicle. Moving through nonmagical difficult terrain costs the P.I.T. no extra movement.

Arcane Aura. The magical and electrical design of the P.I.T. allows it to gain the benefit of the detect magic spell at all times centered on the P.I.T. with a 10-foot-radius.

Overrun. If the P.I.T. moves at least 20 feet straight toward a creature and then hits it with a collision attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.ACTIONS
Collision. Melee Weapon Attack: your attack modifier to hit, reach 5 ft. (10 ft.), one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 + PB piercing or bludgeoning damage (your choice).

Reconstruction (once). The P.I.T. can rapidly restore most of its physical form. After taking this action, the P.I.T. regains a number of hit points equal to three times your cleaner level.

Programmed Effect (once). Activate the effect that you programmed for the P.I.T. at the end of your most recent rest. When you are able to program two effects at 14th level, each one can be used once.REACTION
Malfunction (once). Upon taking damage that would reduce the P.I.T. to 0 hp, it can use its reaction to self-destruct. Doing so destroys the P.I.T. and forces each creature within 20 feet of it (including the rider) to make a Dexterity saving throw, taking 1d8 fire damage and 1d8 force damage on a failed save or half as much damage on a successful one. This demolishes the P.I.T. beyond repair, including the use of your smith’s tools. You can also trigger this as one of its actions, but it can’t do so without your command. Each damage type increases by 1d8 when you reach 6th level, 11th level, and 17th level.

10/4/22: Working concept is based on my Cleaner base class entry (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25553561&postcount=6) that utilizes large cleaning equipment... as a mount! probably
10/7/22: I have a Field Technician on the way! It kind of fits for an Artificer subclass, but it shares too many similar features to Artillerist and Battle Smith. Sticking with my Cleaner for now.
10/10/22: Dropping my full subclass in here with all the base information needed. Still needs a fair amount of touching up.
10/13/22: I made some flavor text updates, standardized Safety First, and added to the list of programmable effects.

Notafish
2022-10-01, 04:42 PM
Thanks for starting the thread, Psyche!

Meet...
Fighter Archetype: The Heavy

The Heavy Weapons Specialist (or 'Heavy') is a highly specialized fighter who has trained to be proficient with weapons so large they would be considered unusable by most of their kind. Heavies are most likely to be found in martial cultures that spend a lot of time near larger weapon-users: halflings that live among humans, humans living close to giant territory, orcs who fight alongside trolls, etc... Many professional adventuring companies have also noticed that Heavies' attention-grabbing loadout, high damage potential, and innate resilience make them ideal dungeoneering squad members.

3rd Level - Oversized Favorite Weapons
When choosing this archetype, you embark on a path of training to master oversized weapons (weapons with a size, weight, and/or draw strength more appropriate for a user in a higher size category than yourself). Normally, attacking with oversized weapons is done with disadvantage, but Heavies overcome this drawback through focused training.

As part of your training, you create, find, or otherwise acquire two oversized weapons that you plan to focus on mastering. These weapons may be any non-magical simple or martial weapons. They have the statistics listed in the PHB for weapons of their type, with the following changes: they lose the Light and Finesse properties if they had them, and creatures of your size or smaller incur disadvantage when attacking with them, unless they are also Heavy Weapons Specialists.

Most Heavies have connections with a network of contacts who collect, produce, and train with oversized gear. If a favorite weapon is lost or destroyed (or if you want to choose a different favorite weapon) you can find or craft a replacement over the course of one week of downtime. You may also choose to designate a weapon acquired in the course of your adventures as a Favorite Weapon, provided it is oversized or has the Heavy property (normally-sized Heavy weapons designated as Favorite Weapons may be treated as oversized for the purposes of using this subclass' features). You may switch favorite weapons at any time, but you may never have more than two favorite weapons.

Due to your familiarity with your favorite weapons, you gain certain benefits with them as you gain levels as a Heavy Weapons Specialist:

Level 3
The weight of a favorite weapon does not count when determining if you are encumbered.

You roll triple (rather than double) your weapon damage dice on critical hits with favorite weapons, Bonus damage dice, such as those from being steadied, are still only doubled.

Level 7
You do not need to steady yourself (see the "Steady" feature below) to avoid disadvantage while attacking with favorite weapons. You must still steady yourself to gain bonus damage from being steadied.

Level 10
Your attacks with favorite weapons count as magical for the purposes of overcoming resistance and immunity to non-magical damage.

Level 18
You roll quadruple (rather than double) your damage dice on critical hits with favorite weapons. Bonus damage dice, such as those from being steadied, are still only doubled.

3rd level - Steady
Your training allows you to spend a bonus action to steady yourself while using any oversized weapon. Doing this carries several benefits. While steadied, you count as one size larger when determining whether you can attack with an oversized weapon without incurring disadvantage. If you are Small, using this feature also allows you to overcome the disadvantage normally incurred when using weapons with the Heavy property. When using an oversized weapon while steadied, you add an additional 1d6 to the weapon's damage rolls. These effects last until the start of your next turn.

7th Level - Hardened
By 7th level, you shrug off minor injuries easily. Whenever you regain hit points, gain 1d10 temporary hit points as well.

10th Level - The Front Line
Experienced Heavies are highly valued for their ability to control large sections of the battlefield while encouraging enemies to engage them at close quarters. When using an oversized melee weapon, your reach extends an additional 5 feet (Thus, a Medium-sized Heavy character with an oversized greatsword has a reach of 10 feet; a Medium-sized Heavy with an oversized halberd has a reach of 15 ft). If you are not within the reach of any enemies, you may use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against any enemy within your reach that attempts an attack.

15th Level - Indefatigable
By 15th level, you have gained exceptional reserves of stamina due to your kit and training. When you use your Second Wind feature, you may clear one level of exhaustion or gain the effect of a Lesser Restoration spell (clear one disease or physical condition) in addition to gaining hit points and temporary hit points.

18th-Level - Siege Weapon Wielder
By 18th level, your combat proficiencies extend beyond traditional skirmish tactics. Your attacks deal double damage to structures and objects. Once per short or long rest, you may use an action to produce a Shattering Smash effect at a point within your melee range. This is similar to a 5th-level Shatter spell, but it is not magical and you are immune to its effects. The save DC for this effect is 8+Proficiency+your Strength bonus.

Time: 1 action
Range: Any point within your melee reach
You strike a point with such force that all creatures in its vicinity (other than yourself) take damage. Each creature other than yourself within a 10-foot-radius sphere of this point must make a Constitution saving throw. A creature takes 6d8 thunder damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. A creature made of inorganic material such as stone, crystal, or metal has disadvantage on this saving throw. Nonmagical objects not being worn or carried also take this damage if they are in the area of this effect.

Damon_Tor
2022-10-01, 08:38 PM
School of Lifeshaping
Wizards who focus their studies on manipulation and alteration of living beings walk a fine line between exploring the mysteries of the natural world and playing god. Life will not be contained. Life breaks free. Expands to new places and crashes through barriers. Painfully, perhaps even dangerously. But life... finds a way. Lifeshapers can be found among the ranks of organizations such as the Simic Combine of Ravnica or House Vadalis of Eberron, those who bend life to their whim. This sort of power can lead to the creation of creatures both beautiful and deadly. Griffons, Manticores, Owlbears and more are reported or rumored to be the creations of wizards of this school... wizards so preoccupied over whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

Twisted Nature
Beginning when you select this school at 2nd level, you can treat the following spells as wizard spells, except you replace any instances of the word "beast" or "beasts" in the spell text with the word "monstrosity" or "monstrosities" respectively: Animal Friendship, Beast Bond, Speak with Animals, Animal Messenger, Beast Sense, Summon Beast, Conjure Animals, Dominate Beast, Awaken, and Animal Shapes.

Create Monster
Also at second level you grow your first monstrosity, a creature of your own design. This creature can look however you wish: most appear to be a combination of two or more types of natural beast, but some wizards are... more creative in their designs. Its statistics are found in the stat block below. This monstrosity is bound to you by the magics that created it, and will obey your mental orders to the best of its abilities. In combat, the monster acts during your turn. It can move and use its reaction on its own, but the only action it takes is the Dodge action, unless you take a bonus action on your turn to command it to take other actions. Those actions can be those in its stat block or other actions.

If the monster has died within the last hour, you can use your action to touch it and expend a spell slot of 1st level or higher. It returns to life with a number of hitpoints equal to your intelligence score times the level of spellslot you used to revive it. As a part of a long rest, you can create a different monster. The new creature grows in an unoccupied space within 5 feet of you, often inside a chrysalis, egg, or pulsating sack, and you choose its appearance during this time, remaining with it for at least two hours during the rest to guide its growth. At the end of the rest the creature emerges fully formed. You can only have the magical power to create one monster at once using this feature. If you already have a monster from this feature when you create a new one, the old one disintegrates into a pool of slime when the new one begins to grow.

If you die, the monster is free, and will pursue its own desires, which are usually aggressive or predatory. A monster freed from its creator's control can sometimes breed with similar creatures in the wild and produce offspring, originating a new species of monstrosity to plague the world.

Monster
Large Monstrosity

Armor Class 14 (Natural Armor)
Hitpoints 5 + Five times your Wizard Level (Has a number of d8 hit dice equal to your wizard level)
Speed 40 ft.

STR
X*

DEX
14 (+2)

CON
16 (+3)

INT
2 (-4)

WIS
14 (+2)

CHA
6 (-2)

Senses Darkvision 60 Ft., passive Perception 12
Languages None

*Unnatural Strength The monster's strength score is equal to the intelligence score of its creator.

Actions_____

Natural Weapon Melee Weapon Attack Your spell attack modifier to hit, reach 5 feet. 1d8+your intelligence modifier damage. Damage is your choice of Piercing, Slashing, or Bludgeoning.

Stimulate Mutation
Starting at 6th level, your ability to shape life expands, and can even allow you to permanently alter your monster with your magic. You add the spell Alter Self to your spellbook if you don't already have it. You can use the spell Alter Self as if it had the range of "touch", and it can affect any one willing creature you touch. Creatures can benefit from the effects of more than one casting of Alter Self, as long as each time you select a different option.

In addition, when you create a new monster during a long rest you can invest it with your magic, permanently altering its form. You can cast any number of wizard spells you know of first level or higher on your monster as it grows, and if those spells only target the montser at the time of casting, you can invest those spells. An invested spell does not require concentration and is permanent until the monster is killed or if the spell description specifies it ends on another condition. However, you cannot recover a spell slot used to cast an invested spell by any means until that spell ends. For example, if you invest your monster with the spell Enlarge/Reduce using a second level spell slot, all effects of the spell would be permanent on the creature, but you wouldn't be able to recover that second level spell slot for as long as that particular monster is alive. The combined levels of your invested spell slots cannot be greater than your wizard level.

Defensive Creation
Starting at 10th level, you can use your magic bond with your creature to cause it to protect you in dire need. When you are the target of a spell or attack from another creature, you can your reaction to compel your monster to protect you. If you do, your monster moves up to its speed as a reaction, to a point between you and the source of the attack or spell, giving you full cover. If it does so successfully, the monster becomes a target of the spell or attack instead of you.

Offspring
At 14th level you've learned to magically stimulate and hasten the reproductive capacities of your monster. During a long rest in which you do not create a new monster, you can invest one or more spell slots into your monster, creating offspring, which use the stat block below. They are otherwise treated as if they were smaller versions of your monster, obeying the same rules. When you use your bonus action to command your monster, you can also issue the same command or different commands to each of its offspring. The offspring benefit from any spells you've invested in the parent monster. The number of offspring produced in this way are equal to the total combined spell slot levels invested in their creation, and the total number of offspring under your control can never be greater than your proficiency bonus.

Monster Offspring
Medium Monstrosity

Armor Class 12 (Natural Armor)
Hitpoints Your Wizard Level (Has a number of d6 hit dice equal to your proficiency bonus)
Speed 30 ft.

STR
X*

DEX
10 (+0)

CON
14 (+2)

INT
2 (-4)

WIS
14 (+2)

CHA
6 (-2)

Senses Darkvision 60 Ft., passive Perception 12
Languages None

*Unnatural Strength The monster offspring's strength score is equal to the intelligence score of its creator -4

Actions_____

Natural Weapon Melee Weapon Attack Your spell attack modifier to hit, reach 5 feet. 1d4+your intelligence modifier damage-2. Damage is your choice of Piercing, Slashing, or Bludgeoning.

MutantDragon
2022-10-02, 05:25 PM
Well, I figure I might as well throw my two cents at this. And, to D&D players, what's more iconic as a giant monster than the Tarrasque? Well, now the barbarian has been converted into Tarrasque Junior!

Barbarian Subclass

Path of the Tarrasque

Titanic Rage
Starting when you choose this path at 3rd level, you take on attributes of the Tarrasque when you rage, granting the following benefits:
• For as long as your rage lasts, you count as one size larger than normal and deal an extra 1d4 points of damage on all weapon attacks
• While raging, you gain resistance to fire and poison damage

Weapons of the Beast
Also at 3rd level, you grow claws, fangs, and a tail which deal 1d6 points of bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage (your choice of damage) every time you successfully hit with an unarmed strike, which is eligible to receive the aforementioned 1d4 of extra damage while raging. Additionally, your unarmed strikes count as magical for the purposes of overcoming resistance or immunity to nonmagical damage.

Scales of the Titan
At 6th level, you grow hard, armor-like scales that grant you a +1 bonus to armor class. Additionally, these scales help deflect harmful magical energies, granting you a +1 bonus on saving throws against spells and other magical effects. This bonus to saving throws increases to +2 while raging.

Intimidating Presence
Beginning at 10th level, you can use your action to frighten someone with your menacing presence. When you do so, choose one creature that you can see within 30 feet of you. If the creature can see or hear you, it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier) or be frightened of you until the end of your next turn. On subsequent turns, you can use your bonus action to extend the duration of this effect on the frightened creature until the end of your next turn. This effect ends if the creature ends its turn out of line of sight or more than 60 feet away from you.
If the creature succeeds on its saving throw, you can’t use this feature on that creature again for 24 hours.

Rage of the Tarrasque
Starting at 14th level, you grow by two size categories when you rage, instead of one, causing the 1d4 of extra damage to change into 2d4 and your reach to extend by 5ft.

Breccia
2022-10-02, 07:47 PM
Well, something leapt to mind so...here it is.

Wizard Subclass: School of Topology ("Topologists")

Rather than focusing on a type of spell's effect, students of the School of Topology focus on the spell's overall area, stretching the same magic out over more space rather than concentrating its effects.

Knowledge of Expansion: Starting at 2nd level, wizards in the School of Topology add the enlarge spell to their list of prepared wizard spells, in addition to any other spells they have prepared. Furthermore, whenever they cast enlarge on themselves, their melee threatening reach increases by 5 feet and they resist all damage 5 or lower while the spell is in effect.

Overflow: Starting at 2nd level, wizards in the School of Topology get a new resource called Overflow. Overflow starts at 2 and increases by 1 for every four wizard levels past 1st (in other words, if you do not Multiclass, it would be the same as your Proficiency bonus).

When a Topologist uses their Action to cast a wizard spell, they may expend one use of Overflow to cause the spell to spill out of its normal effects. Spells with a radius create an additional Overflow effect that expands the area by spell's base radius. Cones and lines are equally extended in length by an additional base length (lines do not get thicker). Cubes extend in all directions by 5' for each 15' of their base side. Cylindars increase their radius and also their height. Spells whose area of effect is other shapes must be determined by the DM, or cannot be Overflowed.

Overflow cannot be used with other class abilites that grant increase spell size, other than Arcane Expansion.

Targets inside the Overflow effect, but not the normal spell's effect, take a reduced effect of the spell. Any damage they take is halved, and all Saving Throws have Advantage.

A target that is in both the normal and Overflow areas of the spell is only affected by the base spell. They do not also get affected by the Overflow (no double dipping).

Spells that can be affected by Overflow must either have a Duration of 1 round (or lower, including instantaneous) or Concentration. If the Duration is Concentration, the Topologist must expend one Overflow each round they maintain the spell's effects.

One use of Overflow is returned during a Short Rest, and an additional use during Arcane Recovery. All uses are returned during a Long Rest.

Ritual spells cannot benefit from Overflow.

Arcane Expansion: Starting at 6th level, any time the Topologist upcasts a wizard spell with one of the following areas, they may also use Arcane Expansion.

If the spell has a base radius of 10 feet or more, each spell level increase also adds five feet to the radius in addition to any other effects.

If the spell is a cone or line with a base length of 15 feet or more, each spell level increase also adds five feet to the length in addition to any other effects. Lines do not get thicker.

If the spell is a cube with a base side of 15 feet or more, each spell level increase also adds five feet to the side in addition to any other effects.

If the spell is a cylindar, its height and radius are both increased.

If the spell is a wall spell, things get kind of crazy, because there's several ways they could be affected. If the spell creates a number of panels (such as wall of stone) that is eight or more, each spell level increase also adds one more panel. If it has fixed dimensions (such as wall of fire) then each spell level increase either adds five feet to the largest dimension, or five feet to the spell's radius, whichever makes more sense in context. This is still in addition to any other effects.

And finally, if the spell has another area or is very large, the DM decides if there are any effects. A spell with a radius of one mile is not really all that special when the radius becomes one mile and five feet, for example. The DM should decide and inform the Topologist's player before they finalize their spellcasting Action, because it's assumed the wizard knows what the effects will be.

Arcane Expansion cannot be used with other class abilites that grant increase spell size, other than Overflow.

Note that both Overflow and Arcane Expansion refer to the spell's base dimensions. They stack, but they add rather than multiply. For example, if a Topologist casts a spell with a base radius of 10 feet, adds two spell levels and also Overflow, it'll add 10 feet to the radius for the two levels of upcasting, and 10 more from Overflow, to become 30 foot radius (not 40) because the base radius was always 10 feet.

Charged Overflow: Starting at 10th level, when a Topologist casts a spell with Overflow, they may also spend a second spell slot of the same level. If they do so, Overflow still increases the spell's size but no longer causes half damage, and no longer grants Advantage to the saving throw, of targets in the Overflow effect. For all useful intents and purposes, they use two spell slots and the spell just gets bigger.

In addition, also starting at 10th level, when a Topologist casts a wizard spell to summon a monster or create a Construct with a creature size (such as Medium or Huge) with a duration of one hour or lower, they may Overcharge the spell to make the spell's creation(s) one monster size larger (Medium becoming Large, for example). This does not change any of the summoned creature's or construct's other stats, such as melee attack reach or hit points. They do not need to spend additional Overcharge on this spell, even if they must Concentrate on it.

Explosive Overflow: Starting at 14th level, if a Topologist uses Overflow on their final remaining spell slot (so, it has to be a wizard spell or they can't use Overflow), that spell is automatically upcast to the Topologist's maximum spell level, regardless of the spell slot actually used. This upcast also activates Arcane Expansion.

A Topologist who uses both of their final two spell slots with Charged Overflow may also use Explosive Overflow.

BerzerkerUnit
2022-10-03, 11:44 PM
Rogue Archetype: Legend Stalker
(Note: using the OneDnD format)

As a Legend Stalker you’ve spent your career learning to hunt monsters so large as to be more like living dungeons, cultivating secret techniques to cripple wandering titans or inflict so much suffering as to drive them off. Such techniques are equally suitable to dealing with lesser foes.

Deft Ascent
At 3rd level you gain a climb speed equal to your speed and have advantage on d20 tests made to avoid falling off or being thrown from a creature or vehicle you are trying to climb or mount.

Crippling Strikes
Additionally at 3rd level you can reduce the damage dealt by your sneak attack dice to inflict a condition on a creature you hit instead. The creature can avoid this condition by making a saving throw against your Crippling Strikes DC. This DC can be strength or dexterity based.
If your weapon is magical and provides a static bonus to hit and damage (+1-+3) you can forego the bonus to damage to instead apply the bonus to your crippling strike DC.
You can inflict only one condition in this way per turn.
Deafened.
Cost: 3 points
Save: Con
Duration: 1 minute
Pain.
Duration: 1 minute
Effect: Disadvantage on Strength based d20 tests until the end of your next turn
Special: This Crippling Strike has no effect on Constructs or Undead.
Slowed.
Duration: Until the end of your next turn
Prone.
Cost: 6 points
Duration: until the creature gets up
Blinded.
Cost: 9 points
Duration: Until the beginning of your next turn
Stunned.
Cost: 18 points
Duration: Until the beginning of your next turn
Paralyzed.
Cost: 24 points
Duration: Until the end of your next turn

Portable Siege Weapon
At 6th level you gain proficiency in Siege Weapons and Carpenter’s Tools. You also construct a portable Arbalestier. The Arbalestier is immune to psychic and poison damage, has an AC of 18 and hit points equal to your level. It weighs 45 lbs.
As an action you can place the Arbalestier in a space you can see within 5 feet where it anchors itself to the ground. A creature can use its action to make a DC 20 Athletics check to move it. The Arbalestier can be triggered remotely as a bonus action, allowing you to make a ranged attack from its space, or fired by a creature you choose within 5 feet of it. It has the Loading, Ammunition, and Siege properties, a range of 60/300, and deals 1d12 bludgeoning damage. Arbalestier ammunition costs 1 gold piece for 10.
Alternatively the Arbalest can fire a harpoon trailed by up to 50 feet of chain, dealing 1d6 piercing damage. On a hit the target cannot move away from the Arbalestier farther than the chain allows. The Chain remains in place until the target or another creature uses their action to make an Athletics or Medicine check against your Crippling Strikes DC to remove it. A creature within 5 feet of the Arbalestier can use their action to reel the chain in up to 15 feet. The target can attempt to resist being pulled with a Strength Saving throw against your Crippling Strike DC. Once the creature is drawn adjacent to the Arbalestier it is restrained until it removes the harpoon or uses its action to move the Arbalestier.
You can restore the Arbalestier to its portable form as an action.
If the Arbalestier is destroyed you can create another with Carpenter’s Tools, 8 hours of work, and 100 gp worth of materials.

Legendary Lore
By 10th level you have collected enough legends that they can fill a book, and they do. You can use these notes to take the Study action as a bonus action, making a DC 15 Intelligence check to learn the details of a creature’s historical significance, the dangers it poses, as well as its resistances and vulnerabilities.

Closing the Book
Beginning at 14th level your ability to bring your massive prey to their knees reaches its peak.
You can divide the damage of your sneak attack dice among as many conditions as you like.
Alternatively, you can take a level of exhaustion before the creature rolls to have them automatically fail their saving throw against your crippling strike. This exhaustion cannot be avoided and can only be removed with rest.
Using either aspect of this feature expends a use. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus and regain all uses after a long rest.

sengmeng
2022-10-06, 04:58 PM
Way of the Sumo
The Sumo tradition is ancient and celebrated, but often misunderstood and ridiculed by outsiders because of its association with extreme weight gain. However, before beginning the lifestyle changes that lead to that weight gain, an aspiring Sumo must prove themselves a talented, agile, and strong wrestler. It is not enough to simply weigh a lot; your size is your weapon, but you must wield it with understanding and skill.

"Athlete"
Beginning when you take this subclass at third level, your weight becomes double what it previously was, and you gain a bonus to athletics checks to shove or grapple, and to resist being shoved or grappled, equal to your proficiency bonus.

Thunderous Charge
Also at third level, if you move at least ten feet in a straight line towards an opponent and make an unarmed strike, shove, or grapple attempt, you have advantage on the roll, and can shove them up to five feet farther for each ten feet of straight movement you made.

Sumo Stomp
Also at third level, if you use flurry of blows and both attacks hit a prone opponent, you regain a ki point.

Immovable
At sixth level, when you are subject to involuntary movement, you may reduce that movement by an amount up to your speed, reducing your speed by the same amount until the end of your next turn. This does not use your reaction. As a reaction to using inmovable or a creature entering your reach, you may shove a creature.

Mountain Stance
Beginning at 11th level, if you moved no more than half your speed on your turn, you may spend your reaction to gain resistance to all damage until the start of your next turn. You now weigh triple your original weight, and count as size large with regards to who can grapple you and whether or not you can be swallowed whole.

Sumo Squash
Beginning at 17th level, whenever you attack a prone opponent with an unarmed strike while you are not prone, you may deal triple damage by also becoming prone yourself.

Psyche
2022-10-11, 07:55 AM
Sorcerous Origin: Cosmic Lord

The first person Nature took us to was a tall, lovely elf with honey blond hair that perfectly complemented her bright blue eyes, which glittered in the moonlight. And she sang:
"Moonlight ring and Moonlight sing in dark places hidden.
Bring your bright, shine your light, we ask you do as bidden."
She turned to the people standing around her, elves of all kinds, but with one similarity between them: they were all beautiful. They joined her in her song:
"We bid the night to sing along,
We bid you join our glorious song,
we bid you give us sight
join our song
sing along
we bid you give us light
bless the new moon joining our world
we ask you show your plans unfurled
Bless the singer
bless the song
bless ye who sing along
Join the song you moon so bright
Join us with your lovely light."
The girl, in the most pure voice I ever heard repeated:
Bless the singer, bless the song, bless all who sing along, know the singer, know the song, bless all that sing along!

There are 6 primal elements in existence, Sun, Moon, Sky, Star, Earth, and Ocean. You are infused with the magics of moon.

Moon Features

Sorcerer level
Feature

1st
Waxing Sight, Moonbeam Magic, Shield of Night

3rd
Crescent Mist, Ethereal Mindset

6th
Quarter Rising, Waxing Gibbous

14th
Full Lunar Reflections, Moon's Mirage

18th
New Moon's Majesty

Waxing Sight
Beginning at level 1, you have darkvision out to 60ft that is not impeded by magical darkness, and you can see that distance into the ethereal plane.

Shield of Night
You can cast the Mage armor and shield spell a number of times (casting either of those spells results in using a use of this feature) equal to your proficiency bonus. You regain all uses on a short or long rest.

Moonbeam Magic
You learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class, as shown on the following table. Each of these spells counts as a sorcerer spell for you, but it doesn't count against the number of sorcerer spells you know.

Sorcerer level
Spells

1st
prestidigitation, Silent Image, Disguise self

3rd
Phantasmal Force, Moonbeam

5th
Counterspell, Major Illusion

7th
Dimension Door, Find Greater Steed

9th
Far Step, Wall of Force

Ethereal Mindset
The ethereal plane's energy seeps into your mind, giving you advantage on saving throws against being charmed or frightened. If you already have this advantage, you instead are immune to those two condtions
When you cast any spell of 1st level or higher from your Moonbeam Magic feature, you can cast it by expending a spell slot as normal or by expending a number of sorcery points equal to the spell's level.

Crescent Mist
Starting at 3rd level, you can expend 2 sorcery points as a reaction when you take damage to teleport 30ft away, gaining resistance to that damage. You can also expend 2 sorcery points as a reaction before another creature attacks you to turn invisible until you cast a spell or until the beginning of your next turn.

Quarter Rising
Beginning at level 6, you have a flying speed of 30 ft and can hover.

Waxing Gibbous
Beginning at level 14, You can cast the Enlarge/Reduce spell once without requiring concentration or a spell slot. If you do, you must finish a short or long rest until you can do it again.

Full Lunar Reflections
Beginning at 14th level, you may appear to grow tremendously. As an action, you may cause yourself to appear Gargantuan for 1 minute (or until the temporary HP runs out) gaining 25 temporary hit points, plus an additional five for each additional sorcery point you spend as part of this action (to a maximum of five sorcery points spent). While this feature is active, you essentially are gargantuan, with a few differences:
Keep track of the location of your own space, which can be anywhere in the illusion at the end of your turn.
When the illusion takes damage, you take half of the damage you would normally take, unless you are in range of the attack.
The illusion's AC is 13+ your cha
Your spells, attack rolls, ability checks, spells and saving throws originate from your actual space.
Creatures can be inside the illusion, when they are, they are blinded (this does not apply to you or creatures of your choice.
You may use this ability once, and then must finish a long rest before you use it again.

Moon's Mirage
Beginning at level 14, When you cast an illusion spell of 4th level or low, you may spend sorcery points equal to the spell's level so that it doesn't require concentration. You may only have one such spell active at a time.

New Moon's Majesty
You may become invisible as an action (This requires concentration). While invisible, you have the following benifits:
You may cast Misty Step at will
You may cast Phantasmal Force without requiring concentration 3 times per day.
You and creatures of your choice within 30ft of you gain 1d10+your cha temporary hit points at the end of each of your turns.
You cannot cast non-illusion or abjuration spells of 6th level or higher while invisible.
You may turn one other willing creature within 120ft of you invisible with you.

Note, this is one of Six subclasses I am/will be working on titled "Cosmic Lord," this is the moon variation.

animorte
2022-10-21, 03:52 AM
Due to requests, it looks like the contest deadline has been extended to November 2nd!

D&D_Fan
2022-10-27, 11:35 AM
Barbarian Path of the Besieger
Why take on mere monsters when you can take on cities? Well, you'll still be fighting monsters. But you can use big weapons against them and starve them out real good. That's basically the same thing.

3rd Level - Siege Equipment Proficiency
You are proficient in siege equipment. You use versions of siege equipment adapted to be used by one person. A ram used would be medium instead of large, and it would deal 2d10 damage rather than 3d10

3rd Level - Siege Rage
You deals double damage to objects and structures while raging. You are also resistant to poison and psychic damage while raging.

3rd - Oppressive Siege
While raging, monsters that you successfully grapple, flank, or restrain suffer from Xd4 untyped damage where X is equal to your barbarian damage bonus due to starvation per round flanked, grappled or restrained.

6th - Unbesiegeable
You cannot be flanked yourself, and you take twice as long to suffer from the effects of hunger.

10th - Siege Marvel
While raging, our attacks are considered to be adamantine regardless of their actual composition. This includes unarmed strikes. You gain a climbing speed equal to your walking speed. You now scale walls, and you can do additional damage against objects. Your armor class increases by 2 when unarmored.

10th - Oppressive Siege
Your O.S. damage increases to Xd6 where X is your barbarian damage bonus. At 10th level, this is 3d6 damage instead of 3d4.

14th - Eternal Siege
You can flank enemies just by standing next to them, regardless if there is someone else to help you. You are immune to poison and psychic damage, you can use full-size siege weapons regardless of your own size and the fact that you are one person.

This is my first time trying one of these contests.

Blackflight
2022-10-29, 03:37 AM
Circle of Anubis - Druid Subclass
Druids of the Circle of Anubis are devout followers of their Patron God of the netherworld. These druids believe that Death is a natural part of the Grand cycle, and that it is their purpose to ensure a safe passage for those that enter the realm beyond. To these druids, death is only the beginning, and it is their sacred duty to bridge the gap between the lands of the living and the dead.
Druids from the Circle of Anubis are able to call upon the powers of netherworld, transforming them into large and powerful Anubites in their God’s image. Through these powers they are able to balance the scales between life and death and call upon ancient curses to banish those that taint the sacred balance.

http://draganoth.blogspot.com/2017/02/raca-anubite.html
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6MK1Ew2Yxgs/WJZFXa1hjYI/AAAAAAAAOS4/lwk_1J2d8MoGjhK4VWbrGTDzaPWbHc7UACLcB/s1600/edda951e3d30d0df1b6579874fa3d030.jpg
Image source: Draganoth http://draganoth.blogspot.com/2017/02/raca-anubite.html

Circle spells
Your link to the netherworld gives you the ability to tap into the cycle of life and death and call upon ancient plagues to smite your enemies.
At your 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th level you gain access to the spells listed for that level in the Circle of Anubis Spells table. Once you gain access to one of these spells, you always have it prepared, and it doesn't count against the number of spells you can prepare each day. If you gain access to a spell that doesn't appear on the druid spell list, the spell is nonetheless a druid spell for you.
http://draganoth.blogspot.com/2017/02/raca-anubite.html

Circle of Anubis Spells
2nd Inflict wounds, Cure wounds
3rd Wither and bloom, Gentle repose (Enbalming)
5th Bestow curse, Animate dead
7th Blight, Giant Insect
9th Contagion, Insect plague

Anubite form (2nd level)
Starting at 2nd level, you gain the ability to transform into an Avatar of Anubis. As a bonus action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to transform into an Anubite, rather than transforming to a beast form. While transformed you gain the following benefits:

• You transform into a humanoid jackal. Your size increases to Large. Any equipment you are wearing increases to match your size and your weapon attack rolls deal an extra +1d4 damage
• You gain 4 temporary hit points for each level you have in this class
• You can use your spellcasting ability instead of Strength or Dexterity for the attack and damage rolls of weapon attacks.

These effects last for 10 minutes, or if you are incapacitated, or until you end them with a bonus action.

Extra attack (6th level)
At 6th level, When you take the Attack Action while in your Anubite form you can attack twice instead of once.

In addition, your weapon attacks count as magical for the purposes of overcoming magic resistances.

Rite of the dead (6th level)
Also at 6th level, while you are in your Anubite form, you know the Speak with the dead spell which you can cast at will without requiring material components.

Cursing strikes (10th level)
Upon reaching 10th level, while in your Anubite form, when you take an Attack action, you can forgo one of your attacks to instead cast a harmful spell with the range of “touch” on an enemy creature.

Shepherd of the netherworld (14th level)
At 14th level, while you are in your Anubite form, you gain truesight 120 feet.

In addition, while in your Anubite form, you gain resistance to bludgeoning, slashing and piercing damage aswell as necrotic damage.

Psyche
2022-11-03, 07:50 AM
Sorry I am a bit late, but this thread is closed.