PDA

View Full Version : Divine Minion question

schreier
2022-10-03, 03:44 PM
Building up a divine minion of Anhur (Mulhorandi) - and trying to make sure I handle the outsider-ness correctly for a human

He will retain the bonus skill and bonus feat.
He will gain darkvision 60', fast wild shape, all martial and simple weapon proficiencies

He also does not need to eat and sleep?
He will not be able to be raised from the dead by raise dead, reincarnate, and resurrection

Is that correct?

I apologize for posting something that has surely been answered multiple times, but my google-fu failed me.

Tzardok
2022-10-03, 03:58 PM
That is correct as far as I can tell. Don't forget to add the alignment subtypes (Chaotic and Good for Anhur) and the fear immunity.

Inevitability
2022-10-03, 04:23 PM
That is correct as far as I can tell. Don't forget to add the alignment subtypes (Chaotic and Good for Anhur) and the fear immunity.

and any alignment subtypes it has change to match the corresponding alignment subtypes of its deity

If you don't have alignment subtypes in the first place, you don't get any.

Paragon
2022-10-03, 05:09 PM
Also, you can get Banished

Beni-Kujaku
2022-10-04, 04:12 AM

[Any alignment subtypes it has]=∅
change to [alignment subtypes matching those of the chosen deity]=[Chaotic, Good]

[∅]->[Chaotic, Good]

Both readings seem equally valid to me, and always having the right subtypes seems to fit the flavor of the template more.

Thurbane
2022-10-04, 03:23 PM

I would have to agree with Inevitability's reading here - it changes existing alignment subtypes, not adds new ones.

Beni-Kujaku
2022-10-04, 04:26 PM
I would have to agree with Inevitability's reading here - it changes existing alignment subtypes, not adds new ones.

How would you rule having only one alignment subtype and your deity having two? Do you keep the good-evil and lawful-chaotic axes ([Good] becomes [Evil] even if the deity is Lawful Evil) or do you add a new subtype ([Good] becomes [Lawful‚ Evil])?

loky1109
2022-10-04, 05:10 PM
How would you rule having only one alignment subtype and your deity having two? Do you keep the good-evil and lawful-chaotic axes ([Good] becomes [Evil] even if the deity is Lawful Evil) or do you add a new subtype ([Good] becomes [Lawful‚ Evil])?
Nothing adds, just Good becomes Lawful Evil.