PDA

View Full Version : 3.P - Spells That Cast Other Spells

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-10-04, 09:33 AM
A friend is trying to remember the name of the spell that converts spells and SLAs cast in its area to another spell, but the name seems to be immune from lodging itself in my brain. I keep thinking it's 'Spell Engine,' but that's not correct.

Anyone else remember which spell that is? Also, other spells that allow you to cast other spells independently would be welcome, too.

Summon Nature's Ally IV, for instance, summons a unicorn that can cast spells as a cleric. A lot of other summoning-type spells can pull in critters that have various spells as SLAs. The Planar Binding line and Gate spells are great for Diplomancing Wish spells off of genies, as some more examples.

Anyone have anything more unusual to share?

Telonius
2022-10-04, 12:20 PM
I'm guessing it's Absorption?

EDIT: The 3.0 version of Spell Engine (from Magic of Faerun) did do something similar; it absorbed all spells cast within a 10 foot radius. They were just absorbed though, you couldn't use them for other purposes.

Feantar
2022-10-04, 12:50 PM
A friend is trying to remember the name of the spell that converts spells and SLAs cast in its area to another spell, but the name seems to be immune from lodging itself in my brain. I keep thinking it's 'Spell Engine,' but that's not correct.

Anyone else remember which spell that is? Also, other spells that allow you to cast other spells independently would be welcome, too.

The spell you're talking about is Energy Transformation Field, found in Magic of Faerun as Sor/Wiz 6, and the Spell Compendium as Sor/Wiz 7. It's awesome (if a little bit broken).

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-10-04, 12:59 PM
The spell you're talking about is Energy Transformation Field, found in Magic of Faerun as Sor/Wiz 6, and the Spell Compendium as Sor/Wiz 7. It's awesome (if a little bit broken).That, yes! Thanks!