PDA

View Full Version : Now that UA gave us BOONS

MisterD
2022-10-04, 05:21 PM
Now that UA gave us boons from the DMG I would also like Death Domain Cleric and Oath Breaker Paladin.

Anyone have anything else from DMG they would like in new UA?

animorte
2022-10-04, 06:14 PM
Now that UA gave us boons from the DMG I would also like Death Domain Cleric and Oath Breaker Paladin.

Anyone have anything else from DMG they would like in new UA?

From the DMG specifically? I’m not entirely sure. I could probably break down which subclasses I want to see represented first though.

KorvinStarmast
2022-10-04, 06:37 PM

Anyone have anything else from DMG they would like in new UA? UA didn't give us anything. This is "spaghetti tossed at the wall, what sticks?" and the boons as presented stink as compared to DMG epic boons, as a general case.

Hytheter
2022-10-04, 09:03 PM
UA didn't give us anything. This is "spaghetti tossed at the wall, what sticks?" and the boons as presented stink as compared to DMG epic boons, as a general case.

Huh? All but one literally ARE DMG epic boons, and several of them have been buffed... The issue is that Epic Boons have always sucked, save for a select few.

ProsecutorGodot
2022-10-04, 09:12 PM
Huh? All but one literally ARE DMG epic boons, and several of them have been buffed... The issue is that Epic Boons have always sucked, save for a select few.

And for the most part, they still suck, which is a shame.

I wouldn't say Korvin is wrong in his statement either, we're lacking what I personally would consider some of the better epic boons in the UA, so the DMG selection is better by comparison even if some options are very marginally worse.