PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dreaming, Dream Scion, and Scrying

Thedez
2022-10-06, 09:14 PM
So I had a cheeky idea a little earlier for getting more use out of Clairvoyance, namely by creating lights nobody else could see, and it rose a lot of questions.

Question one: The age old one, Dream Scion + Lucid Dreaming--How's this work, yo? Specifically if you start changing the architecture. Are we looking at stuff everyone can see and interact with, stuff only you can see and interact with, stuff only you can see but can't interact with? What happens if you try and pick up a dreamed-up branch, for instance, and poke someone with it?

Question two: Could I use Lucid Dreaming through a remote magical sensor?

Beni-Kujaku
2022-10-07, 07:21 AM
I don't get your point. Lucid Dreaming allows you to stay conscious while dreaming. It just means your consciousness doesn't go to your personal dreamscape. Lucid Dreaming still only affects your Dreamscape, and you can't bring anything from there into the Material Plane. Or am I missing something in what you're saying?

Thedez
2022-10-07, 03:38 PM
My fault for jumping a bunch of logical points. So, let's start off with the Lucid Dreaming skill.
Strictly speaking, it doesn't prevent you from entering your own dreamspace--In fact, I'd say the skill is most useful when you first use it inside your own dreamspace.
It allows you to:
Recognize you're in a dream
Change an aspect of a dream(It's described as being something innocuous, such as architecture, local plants, weather, etc.)
Travel dreamscapes
Enter the Dreamheart, and force people into the Dreamheart.

Now, most of these aren't necessarily important to what I'm trying to do, but changing an aspect of a dream is. After all, if architecture is considered innocuous, then it shouldn't be too difficult to add a lighting fixture to an area in a dream.

Of course, then comes your question--How one is supposed to transport dreamstuff into reality. And that's more or less answered by Dream Scion.

Dream Scion does a lot of stuff that is very helpful, but most importantly: "As a full-round action, you enter a dreamtouched state—a condition of conscious dreaming that focuses the world around you even as it reveals your own inner self. " The important part here is that you're both conscious and dreaming, which would imply that for your conscious/dreaming self, those two realities are one and the same.

Beni-Kujaku
2022-10-08, 03:02 AM
Sorry‚ I mistyped it. I meant "Dream Scion allows you to stay conscious while dreaming"‚ not Lucid Dreaming. Lucid Dreaming explicitly only works on your Dreamscape‚ which is a specific demiplane of the Dream Plane. On the other hand‚ Dream Scion allows you to "draw power from the dreamspace"‚ but you stay conscious‚ your consciousness remains in the Material Plane. You are technically dreaming‚ but Lucid Dreaming doesn't work.

Particle_Man
2022-10-08, 11:22 AM
Maybe a Snyad or a psionic character that gives off a part of their mind could pull it off?