PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed [3.5] What item effects should be made from a Tarrasque?

Endarire
2022-10-09, 10:32 PM
Greetings, all!

Some time in the future, I intend to have a party fight a Tarrasque (3.5 (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tarrasque.htm), PF (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/spawn-of-destruction/tarrasque/)), and I was curious what items would be most apt to allow PCs to craft using its parts. Assume PCs can't just regenerate an arbitrary number of Tarrasque parts: There's a set limit.

Thus, how many of what sorts of armors (belts, hats, bags, full plates, leathers, etc.) would be fair to make and at what price?

(Don't be concerned about how anyone would beat this thing. That isn't the point of this thread.)

Thankee!

pabelfly
2022-10-09, 11:22 PM
How about a belt that comes with Toughness x6

Buufreak
2022-10-09, 11:59 PM
How about a belt that comes with Toughness x6

I was literally on my way to say "+18 hp."

Uhh... armor that reflects all ray attacks, but probably has a hefty dex and asf number due to being made of hard shell-like carapace?

Idk. I think big T is a joke in most ways, so it is hard to come up with good rewards comparatively.

flappeercraft
2022-10-10, 12:45 AM
I always thought its claws or teeth could work as some sort of special material. Maybe function like adamantine for bypassing DR or something. Or perhaps something similar to dragonbone/dragonhide but better.

Beni-Kujaku
2022-10-10, 01:05 AM
Its teeth can destroy even adamantine‚ and could be made into an axe that ignores hardness. Its stomach removes the magic from even artifacts‚ before destroying them‚ and could be made into a bag of holding with permanent antimagic. Its shell deflects rays (and cones‚ but that may be too strong) and could be made into an armor giving the epic feats that allows you to catch and throw back rays with an attack roll. Obviously its heart can be used to create the greatest Regeneration item of all times‚ maybe with the added benefit of gaining an extra move or stanfard action 1/day‚ to represent the Tarasque's Sprint ability. Its muscles could be grafted to gain strength and constitution‚ and increase the damage die on your claws by one. And of course‚ its blood can be used to enchant a gold dragon's gizzard in order to cast Karsus' Avatar (but that probably won't come up‚ you can make it so that it instead can be used as a material component increasing the caster level of a single spell by 10).

Endarire
2022-10-10, 02:54 AM
I was thinking Plate Mail and (Studded) Leather/Hide armor of some sort with SR or/and regeneration, but those are interesting starts!

What else do you recommend?

Thankee!

Metastachydium
2022-10-10, 05:05 AM
You can always go demented. For instance, put the tips of Big T.'s horns on a helmet; its wearer gains the ability to make a primary gore attack that deals 1d10+STR damage and overcomes DR as if it were epic. Or, fashion some of Big T.'s diaphragm into a robe (body slot so as not to go overboard); as long as a character wears it, they cannot die (unless killed by a Wish or Miracle); any time they'd die, they become stable at -9 hp instead. Fashion shoes from the skin of its feet; anyone wearing it can activate it once per hour to increase their land speed by 130' for a round.

Jervis
2022-10-10, 07:22 AM
I always thought its claws or teeth could work as some sort of special material. Maybe function like adamantine for bypassing DR or something. Or perhaps something similar to dragonbone/dragonhide but better.

IIRC the Tarrasque’s natural weapons technically bypass DR epic and magic so maaaaybe that’s an option?