PDA

View Full Version : Intelligence Damage

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-30, 11:37 AM
I have a conundrum. Creatures with no Constitution scores are immune to ability damage, because they have no living body to damage. This is ok.

But are creatures with no Intelligence score immune to intelligence damage? The rules are silent on the issue, and my google-fu has brought me nothing on the subject.

Duke of URL
2007-11-30, 11:40 AM
I would think so -- they're already unintelligent/mindless, so what is there to damage?

Dausuul
2007-11-30, 12:12 PM
I have a conundrum. Creatures with no Constitution scores are immune to ability damage, because they have no living body to damage. This is ok.

But are creatures with no Intelligence score immune to intelligence damage? The rules are silent on the issue, and my google-fu has brought me nothing on the subject.

Yes, they are. They "lack the ability score altogether," and therefore there is nothing for the Intelligence damage to damage.

Look at it this way: If the creature does not have an Int score (and the rules explicitly state that not having an ability score is different from having an ability score of 0), what would Int damage do to it?