PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Outsourcing NPC Generation to You -- Students at the Academy

Malimar
2022-10-13, 12:22 AM
I was planning on doing this myself, but because I am very busy this week, and I know the Playground is a wellspring of good ideas (often better than anything I can come up with myself) merrily bubbling away, just waiting to be harvested, I call upon your offerings:

I need some various NPCs. They oughtn't need much in the way of stats; just a sentence might do, at most a physical description and a set of Ideal, Bond, and Flaw. Bonus points for pictures.

The setting: the Academy, which is a school for students from the world over (the world having been mostly united in peace under one banner). Students at the Academy are teenagers, mostly either a.) the children of lords and luminaries or b.) of low birth but talented enough to be recognized as a future luminary.

For next session, two of the PCs have hatched a plot involving dancing at a school dance, which the rest of the players are ok going along with. So I need a small variety of NPCs for the PCs to variously romance and/or be [chicken]blocked by (need some conflict, and NPCs getting in the way of PCs romancing other NPCs sounds like a rich vein of conflict to mine) and they'll probably even wind up wanting to set up some NPCs with other NPCs.

I can use pretty much any of the standard or less-standard races, though I definitely need: at least two tabaxi girls for the character who's known to be into that; the triton PC would make sense to give some offerings of triton, merfolk, sahuagin, locathah, or kuo-toa probably girls but they might be flexible on that; the tiefling is already entangled in a secret romance but hasn't told the rest of the party and they keep trying to set him up with every tiefling girl they see; I think the human and the two halflings are non-specific as to whom they're into.

Jervis
2022-10-13, 12:54 AM
Pasifay: Minotaur Girl that frequently hits people with her spellbook when she gets angry. Very tall and muscular, gets annoyed when people ask her to lift something heavy. Low born and works part time in the school library, can show you exactly where anything in the giant place is because it reminds her of a maze.

Zira and Talla: Tabaxi twins. Ones quite and the others loud. Ones a social butterfly and the others a wallflower. Ones a abjuration wizard the others evocation. You get the idea. Both are calico with similar spot patterns and odd eyes so telling them apart with a glance is hard for humans.

Persephone: Red haired Mermaid, spends most of her time in the water and goes around in a wheelchair when she isn’t. Dream is to get the ability to fly (don’t know levels so i’m assuming that she might not have the fly spell and even if she does it’s a bandaid). Hates being given any special treatment and is hyper competitive.

Clancy: The “Son” (actually a True Polymorphed spellbook) of a wizard lord with no sense of right and wrong. Neurotic and extremely paranoid of being anywhere near a dispel magic for obvious reasons most people don’t know. Wants to learn the clone spell somehow so he can get a body that isn’t vulnerable to a 3rd level spell.

Maryann: Aasimar classic good girl, blue skin and silver hair. Child of a lord that traces his lineage back to some such deity. Very sheltered and goody too shoes. Naive and trusting to a fault.

I can do these all day if you want more

Kane0
2022-10-13, 01:22 AM
Erver, male Goliath. Plays up the big dumb jock stereotype to downplay expectations on him, but also to engage in his favourite pastime: gossip

Adamar, male Elf. Tries desperately hard to look and act like a real mage but simply isn't clever enough, he does have some magical aptitude but it in fact stems from the magic item his family gifted him

Gamac, male satyr. A passionate but well meaning fellow constantly fighting the lecherous layabout reputation of his race (and parents); is in a healthy and devoted relationship with a halfling girl named Gudule which often gets him into trouble when he insists on being 'chivalrous'

Amnestic
2022-10-13, 05:34 AM
Hiriko, Tiefling (F) - Very tall and big muscles. Brash and direct, heart of gold but lacks social etiquette, quick to jump to a fight because they love brawling (it's fun!)

Topaz, Dwarf (M) - Twin brother of Opal. Doesn't really care much for romance, has been forced to be here by familial obligations. Would much rather be tinkering with magic formulae in his workshop. Polite but awkward.

Opal, Dwarf (F) - Twin sister of Topaz. Social butterfly who seeks political marriage to aid their family of miners and crafstmen. Already pretty, uses transmutation and illusion magic to enhance their appearance and allure further. An expert flirt who's not above subtly causing drama for their own entertainment and advancement.

Tyana, Human (F) - A world renowned musician, they are not allowed to romance as part of their employment contract. But that doesn't mean she doesn't want to, and maybe they're more like guidelines than rules, you know? Innocent in the ways of love, but eager.

Wren the Windswept, Half-Elf (M) - A man raised aboard a pirate (air?)ship with all the swagger, confidence, and debauchery one might expect from a dashing rogue raised by pirates. His skills with a blade earned him a place at the Academy but he's really only here for the fun of it. Will try sleeping with anything at least once.

Jenerik S. Tudent, Human (M) - Not an actual student, this person was pulled through to your world via a portal in place of a summoned familiar. Utterly unremarkable in every way except he seems to be incredibly lucky for some reason. Terrible at romance, utterly unflirtable with.

anamiac
2022-10-14, 10:19 AM
Janako, gnome (F) - Wealthy, arrogant, cold, and not living up to her reputation when it comes to magic. The lovely daughter of an extremely prosperous merchant prince. Supposed to get married into nobility (Larmor) at the end of the school year. In actuality she's an imposter - the real Janako has been kidnapped by the thieves guild and is being held for ransom. Secretly. Ashele is the actual name of the low level member of the thieves guild that is impersonating Janako. She's a charismatic halfling rogue and/or assassin wearing a hat of disguise, and right now she's very worried that this entire scheme's going to go to crap and she's going to be stuck with the bill. The headmaster has figured some of it out and isn't happy, but is keeping quiet because if news got out it might ruin Janako's betrothal with Larmor.

Larmor, gnome (M) - His noble parents own a floundering airship manufacturing facility. Is good at mechanical stuff, knows a lot about the world, and is looking for a long-term relationship, although he isn't entirely convinced Janako is the one for him. She's been acting weird lately.

Genna, Half-elf (F) - Celestial warlock. Tall, social and worldly; wants to sleep with the most handsome guy in the school, as soon as she figures out for certain who that is. There are just so many options! Secretly the only surviving daughter of king Vargen. King Vargen was a terrible king and his people rebelled and installed a merchant oligarchy. Ashele has no idea who Genna is, but would be a potential threat if she figured it out. The mechant oligarchy would surely give a lot of coin for Genna's head.

Malimar
2022-10-15, 02:01 PM
Thank you all! Session's in an hour, I'm using most of these!

Snowbluff
2022-10-15, 02:14 PM
I'm making an magical academy style game character. Decided to make a Satyr Aberrant Sorc nicknamed Shirk.

The fluff is a bit of an out there character, maybe even a bit of a spaced out delinquent almost, who isn't super good scholastically, but their telepathy and other abilities make them really good at cheating. These abilities could be seen as good in their own right, but they're always eager to find something interesting to do since they aren't being challenged by their classwork. They might pass off weird stuff to the PCs or tip them off about forbidden location, if only for a laugh.