PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Azurin Cleric Dip

Curbludgeon
2022-10-13, 10:01 AM
What uses I've seen of the Channel Incarnum ability seem arguably based on ambiguous wording. Is this a particularly optimizable ability? Azure Talent reads as a workable loop, but how does C.I. work in conjunction with feats like Midnight Metamagic/Augmentation?

Please forgive my ignorance. Thanks in advance for any help.

Twurps
2022-10-13, 10:17 AM
As far as I'm aware, the azurin cleric dip isn't for the essentia, it's for the extra turning pool from Channel Incarnum, combined with divine metamagic feat.
That one is actually one of least ambiguous turning pools out there, as it specifically states it can be used to power metamagic feats.

Zombulian
2022-10-13, 12:37 PM
As far as I'm aware, the azurin cleric dip isn't for the essentia, it's for the extra turning pool from Channel Incarnum, combined with divine metamagic feat.
That one is actually one of least ambiguous turning pools out there, as it specifically states it can be used to power metamagic feats.

Ohhhhhhhhh and then you get a regular turning pool from something like Sacred Exorcist? I never put that together.

St Fan
2022-10-14, 05:10 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh and then you get a regular turning pool from something like Sacred Exorcist? I never put that together.

Yes, that's the principle. And then you can get a regular Rebuke Undead pool (even if non-evil) with Death Delver to add to the mix.

And the Extra Turning feat will add to each of these pools.

Djinntonic
2022-10-14, 05:49 AM
And the Extra Turning feat will add to each of these pools.

Imho Extra Turning will only add to Turn Undead and Rebuke Undead pools but not to the Channel Incarnum pool.

Twurps
2022-10-14, 08:48 AM
Imho Extra Turning will only add to Turn Undead and Rebuke Undead pools but not to the Channel Incarnum pool.

I think this is why I'd prefer 'rebuke dragons' (DrM) at cleric lvl1 instead of 'channel incarnum'.
Of course just adding rebuke dragons for a 4th pool would be even better, but I don't know of any 1 level dips that would manage. Paladin can get rebuke dragon at 4th, but that's not worth the investment.

Edit: in my games, I do allow Extra turning to work on channel incarnum too.

Zombulian
2022-10-14, 10:23 AM

I respect that interpretation but I’m not sure it’s the last word on the issue. Probably DM dependent.

Curbludgeon
2022-10-22, 12:12 AM
I appreciate the comments. I've been fiddling around with an Akasha/Psionics build in Pathfinder to some consternation and was checking out the 3.5 rough equivalents as a way to clear my head. After seeing that ACF I first considered Sapphire Hierarch excesses, but became curious if there was some way to make the ability jive with Psycarnum Infusion and other silliness.

Thanks again.