PDA

View Full Version : How Well Will A Party Of Six Heroes Fight Against Demons?

Bartmanhomer
2022-10-15, 10:29 PM
Hello everyone. I'm writing a Degrassi/D&D crossover story about six teenage heroes fighting against a demonic invasion from destroying their world. I did choose the 6 heroes which may be viable for a good party:

Lawful Good Male Human Psion
Lawful Good Male Human Paladin
Neutral Good Female Human Druid
Neutral Good Female Human Healer
Chaotic Good Female Human Ranger
Chaotic Good Female Human Bard

So I just want to hear your thoughts is this a good team to fight against demons? :smile:

pabelfly
2022-10-15, 11:03 PM
What level is this for?

Bartmanhomer
2022-10-15, 11:04 PM
What level is this for?

All six heroes are level 1.

northernbard80
2022-10-16, 12:10 AM
While it will depend on the party makeup, there's something else to consider.

Outsider devil types can be a suitable challenge like imps (CR1) and lemures (CR2). But they also have damage reduction. Keep this in mind as your party will need special weapons and equipment to actually hurt those creatures.

Bartmanhomer
2022-10-16, 12:12 AM
While it will depend on the party makeup, there's something else to consider.

Outsider devil types can be a suitable challenge like imps (CR1) and lemures (CR2). But they also have damage reduction. Keep this in mind as your party will need special weapons and equipment to actually hurt those creatures.

I'm way ahead of you. :smile:

pabelfly
2022-10-16, 01:53 AM
How many melee characters are in your party there? Because it looks like you might not have enough melee characters depending on class builds.

Bartmanhomer
2022-10-16, 01:56 AM
How many melee characters are in your party there? Because it looks like you might not have enough melee characters depending on class builds.

Just the paladin and ranger but they also used ranged weapons as well.

pabelfly
2022-10-16, 02:02 AM
Just the paladin and ranger but they also used ranged weapons as well.

I'd suggest the druid have a melee animal then, three will likely be enough.

Bartmanhomer
2022-10-16, 02:04 AM
I'd suggest the druid have a melee animal then, three will likely be enough.

Yes. She has a wolf. I should make character sheets to give you a better description of my characters. :smile:

pabelfly
2022-10-16, 02:52 AM
Yes. She has a wolf. I should make character sheets to give you a better description of my characters. :smile:

At first glance, that looks pretty solid to me. Maybe the druid can have some backup healing ability in case the Healer needs a hand but otherwise should be pretty decent for a level 1 adventure.

Kurald Galain
2022-10-16, 03:05 AM
imps (CR1) and lemures (CR2). But they also have damage reduction.Conceivably, one of the casters can have a spell that temporarily makes weapons bypass DR. In PF this is e.g. the Weapons Against Evil spell, I'm sure 3E has something similar.

Bartmanhomer
2022-10-16, 03:26 AM
At first glance, that looks pretty solid to me. Maybe the druid can have some backup healing ability in case the Healer needs a hand but otherwise should be pretty decent for a level 1 adventure.

Yes. I guess I can tell you more information about the party:

Marco Del Rossi (Lawful Good Male Human Psion) is a 16-year-old psion who was born with psychic powers that want to help people. He's also a tarot reader during his free time when he not fighting demons. He worships Heironeous as his deity.

Bahamut Dragoon (Lawful Good Male Human) is a 16-year-old paladin who honors and worships Bahamut the dragon deity to fight for truth and justice of the law. He also has a romantic relationship with Marco Del Rossi.

Ellie Nash (Neutral Good Female Human) is a 15-year-old druid who follows and worships Ehlonna. Her mother introduced Ellie to following the path of her druid hood. Ellie follows the nature of the forest by being a druid. Her animal companion and best friend is Mauler the wolf.

Tamara Dragoon (Neutral Good Female Human Healer) is a 15-year-old healer who worships Tamara the dragon goddess. She's very kind and she loves helping people from all walks of life. She even goes to her church for healing and to worship her dragon goddess Tamara. She's also Bahamut's younger sister they have a good relationship with each other.

Emma Nelson-Simpson (Chaotic Good Female Human Ranger) Emma is a 14-year-old hunter who hunts animals for sport and competition. In truth shfollowsow her deity Kord in honor of good competition. She's very good friends with Marco Del Rossi and Ellie Nash. Also, she's a vegetarian who enjoys eating vegetables.

Hlal Dragoon (Chaotic Good Female Human Bard) Hlal is a 14-year-old bard who enjoys pranking people. Especially her friends and family. Her jokes can be way over the top sometimes for example she makes a fake pregnancy joke and pinned it on one of her boyfriends and his reaction was shocking. However, Hlal told her the pregnancy was fake and he was relieved. He did admit it was a funny joke though. She's Bahamut and Tamara's younger sister. They have a good relationship with each other.

I know. The backstory is a work in progress but you get the idea. :biggrin:

KillianHawkeye
2022-10-17, 12:38 AM
If you're writing a story, it's probably more important that you have well-developed characters and something interesting to say with them than it is to make sure they're properly following some game rules.

It looks like you have a start on the first part of that, at least. Keep going! :smallsmile:

Bartmanhomer
2022-10-17, 12:40 AM
If you're writing a story, it's probably more important that you have well-developed characters and something interesting to say with them than it is to make sure they're properly following some game rules.

It looks like you have a start on the first part of that, at least. Keep going! :smallsmile:

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. :smile:

RNightstalker
2022-10-17, 11:14 PM

I'll echo that. I heard a story from R. A. Salvatore when he tried to write by actually rolling the dice through an actual combat and he said he'd never do it again.

Bartmanhomer
2022-10-19, 07:33 PM
I'll echo that. I heard a story from R. A. Salvatore when he tried to write by actually rolling the dice through an actual combat and he said he'd never do it again.

I don't need dice for my story anyway. :tongue: