PDA

View Full Version : Trying to combine weapon/glove and armor/body enchantments

schreier
2022-10-16, 07:06 PM
If I have two enchanted sharktooth gauntlets (each a weapon) - they each enchant separately as a weapon
If I want to make them a pair of gloves of the balanced hand, can I? How do you price it?

Same question with armor - if you have +1 soulfire armor and want to combine with a ghost shroud (+1 deflection + ghost touch), how do you price it out?

Similar question - if you combine a necklace of natural attacks with another amulet (for example, necklace of adaptation) - would you multiple by 1.5 on the natural attacks assuming it is the lower cost of the two items?

Thanks!

Darg
2022-10-16, 10:49 PM
In most cases, if the item is one that occupies a body slot, the cost of adding any additional ability to that item is 1-1/2 times the value of the added power (or the value of the added power plus 1/2 the value of the existing item, if the added power normally costs more than the existing item). For example, if a character adds the power to confer feather fall to her ring of jumping, the cost of adding this ability is 3,300 gp, the same as for creating a ring of feather falling × 1-1/2. On the other hand, if she were adding the power of a ring of force shield to that ring of jumping, the cost of adding the ability would be 9,750 gp (8,500 gp for the ring of force shield plus half of 2,500 gp, the price of a ring of jumping).

There is no specific rule that says you can add the ability of the gloves to both gauntlets, however nothing says you can't add it to a single gauntlet. Personally I like to keep things in the same family so I would require that both gauntlets are part of the ability set. It's either 12,000 gp or 8,000 + 1/2 the value of the original item if 8,000 is more than the value of the original item)