PDA

View Full Version : Mirrorshades...

rollfrenzy
2007-11-30, 01:58 PM
So I just picked up Shadowrun 4th ed.

I love Cyberpunk.

I was basically just wondering what characters people have going, or just a place to share some stories about running the shadows.

What are some of the cool settings/ stories in the SR universe?

horseboy
2007-11-30, 02:35 PM
So I just picked up Shadowrun 4th ed.

I love Cyberpunk.

I was basically just wondering what characters people have going, or just a place to share some stories about running the shadows.

What are some of the cool settings/ stories in the SR universe?

Two words:

Bug City

Mr. Friendly
2007-11-30, 02:39 PM
Two words:

Bug City

Twelve words:

Cyberzombie Black Annis' with Move-by-Wire in an Aztechnology research station.

Ah, my players cryed...

horseboy
2007-11-30, 02:48 PM
Twelve words:

Cyberzombie Black Annis' with Move-by-Wire in an Aztechnology research station.

Ah, my players cryed...

Ouch.......... I can certainly understand why.

MaxMahem
2007-11-30, 02:55 PM
I've liked pretty much all of the big story arcs in SR since its inception. Bug City was great (my players are still afraid of Chicago), as was the Presidental Election, The Arcology Shutdown (my players now also fear and hate Renraku and AI's), and others, plus not to long ago we went through the Crash 2.0. All fun stuff.

But most of that is in the past in SR4. I'm starting to get geared up for running some of the stuff in Emergence. My only complication is that I've had a technomancer player for some time now so I have to retcon things slightly so that his technomancer status is still unknown (not that big a deal really), we'll see how that works out. The stuff with the rogue AI on the Aztech Bio-Weapons satilite should be fun and I'm thinking about having them actually make a run on the satilite for a big climatic end.

The SR Missions stuff online is great as well. Awesome for a new GM as you get a fairly decent run all mapped out for you. I found some of the opposition in them to weak though, so you might want to scale it up some (though teams vary). My personal favorites have been 'The Grab' and its sequel 'Chaseing the Dragon.' Though they are all pretty good.

As for SR stories, I've got a million of em (I've been playing since 2nd ed). My most recent noteworthy one involved a Troll, an enormously large bow, the NYC subway, and the NYPD. Fun times. Though my most recent run (where they players were betrayed at the very end) will probably be very memerable as well.

rollfrenzy
2007-11-30, 03:00 PM
Where is the SR missions online?

I could definately use some intro runs.

I am thinking about how to setup a Resevior Dogs style run.

GimliFett
2007-11-30, 03:00 PM
Bug City was great (my players are still afraid of Chicago)...The Arcology Shutdown (my players now also fear and hate Renraku and AI's)...

Snippage!

I loved Bug City! Still incorporate as much as I can into D&D games... Bug spirits simply rock!!!

I ran the Renraku Arc shutdown as a cross between The Cube and Screamers. Scared the ever-lovin' spit outta my players. It was greatness! Unfortunately, I've lost all my SR players and GMs, so I'm SOL in that department, and not that interested in 4th ed. 3rd was great, though. 'Specially the alternate races... Satyr (were they real or something I made? I dunno anymore) and oni and minotaurs, oh my! :smallbiggrin:

horseboy
2007-11-30, 03:03 PM
'Specially the alternate races... Satyr (were they real or something I made? I dunno anymore) and oni and minotaurs, oh my! :smallbiggrin:
Yeah, those came out in 2nd edition. Shadowrun Companion I believe it was, near the end of the cycle.

MaxMahem
2007-11-30, 03:16 PM
Where is the SR missions online?

I could definately use some intro runs.

I am thinking about how to setup a Resevior Dogs style run.

http://www.shadowrun4.com/missions/index.shtml

All the runs are set in Denver which is a divided city somewhat like Berlin, but with a Great Dragon ruling over it. However they are fairly easily adapted for use in other cities like Seattle or New York (where I am running it) as most of the adventures don't have to much setting specific stuff. The first run 'Parlament of Thives' makes for a fairly decent 'bring 'em together run'.

As for doing a Resevior Dogs style run that's easy. Just steal whole heartedly from the movie. The players are all brought together for a bank robbery (or really any other sort of crime). Only one player has a secret mission to betray the other PCs and foil the crime. Then just sit back and watch the fireworks unfold! The only problem with this sort of run in my experience is that players betraying one another does not tend to lead to them forming effective SRing teams, only more back stabing. This may or may not be a problem, depending upon you and your players desires in the game.

rollfrenzy
2007-11-30, 04:14 PM
I t would be run as more of a one shot intro to the rules and setting style. plus I love the movie and it's a good stage for it. I wouldn't think of trying to carry that particular group over into a campiagn I mean everybody dies in the end anyways. 'cept for Pink

Good Times, though. Thanks for the linkage.

GimliFett
2007-11-30, 04:49 PM
I t would be run as more of a one shot intro to the rules and setting style. plus I love the movie and it's a good stage for it. I wouldn't think of trying to carry that particular group over into a campiagn I mean everybody dies in the end anyways. 'cept for Pink

Good Times, though. Thanks for the linkage.

RDogs Spoiler;;;
Whaddya mean? Pink got it as soon as he ran out! I thought there was a shout followed by loads of gunfire? I s'pose I'll hafta watch again... Darn! :smallwink:

Crow
2007-11-30, 04:55 PM
We had a great bounty-hunter camapign. Only one member of the original team was left alive by the end of the whole thing (he had accumulated well over 300 karma over two years or so of weekly gaming).

It started out very street level, and slowly progressed as the hunters garnered a name for themselves. By the end, they were being sent on international missions by corporate and government agencies. The last living member retired with a paid-off medium lifestyle (he spent his spare cash buying things like hardwood floors and fine dining room furniture, it was great), a nice car, and 800k nuyen in gold bars chilling in his gun safe.

This was all in 3rd edition though. We never bothered with 4th edition because nobody in our group likes it. I imagine that one character's gold went way up in value with the big crash though!

ReproMan
2007-11-30, 05:00 PM
Res Dogs Spoiler:
Oh, Pink got away. They chased him, but he got out with the diamonds. That's the briefcase in Pulp Fiction :smallcool: .

Ooh, Shadowrun... Good memories... Mostly involving my brother's incredible ability to tweak out weapons, always within the rules, to be able to split a dozen Trolls in two with a single burst. Optimization: It's in the genes.