PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Making Altaïr (with some flavour)

MercCpt
2022-10-17, 04:51 PM
Hi there I would like to try to make an assassin's creed character in dnd either Altaïr or any of the others I saw a funny little spell that I would like to use called Wristpocket.

Which i'm trying(very hard) to get it so it doesn't use any resources and the only way I can see how is by being a level 18 wizard for Spell Mastery

Any and all help would be very much appreciated, and before you ask yes the spell is necessary (to me)

animorte
2022-10-17, 05:11 PM
I do like the wristpocket spell as well. Likely the best route you could take for this would be using whatever Rogue subclass you prefer, as many of them would suffice. You could take a level of Fighter for the fighting style and Action Surge.

Ultimately, I would go mostly Rogue and probably pick up Ritual Caster at level 1 (VHuman) or at level 4 (first ASI). This won’t get you wristpocket right away, but it is a second level spell and you could get it very soon (and a Wizard would have to wait until level 3 anyway). Also, this would just give it to you as a ritual, so you never have to worry about running out of slots. Just take. Little break to refresh after every hour (as it lasts an hour on concentration).

Dork_Forge
2022-10-17, 10:06 PM
What a weird spell, it seems so... painfully niche, even for a D&D spell.

The easy way is to just cast it as a ritual, the easiest way being just take 3 levels of Wizard, likely Bladesinger.

The real answer to this though is to just talk to your DM. This looks like it was originally created to be a cantrip, which makes infinitely more sense, so grabbing that version would be much, much better.

ShadeRaven
2022-10-18, 01:58 AM
Hi there I would like to try to make an assassin's creed character in dnd either Altaïr or any of the others I saw a funny little spell that I would like to use called Wristpocket.

Which i'm trying(very hard) to get it so it doesn't use any resources and the only way I can see how is by being a level 18 wizard for Spell Mastery

Any and all help would be very much appreciated, and before you ask yes the spell is necessary (to me)

Just be a Half-Elf (High Elf Variant for the Booming Blade cantrip) Assassin Rogue with 3 levels of Eldritch Knight Fighter. Use Weapon Bond as resourse free Wistpocket and and one-shot Mooks.

animorte
2022-10-18, 06:20 AM
Assassin Rogue with 3 levels of Eldritch Knight Fighter. Use Weapon Bond as resourse free Wistpocket and and one-shot Mooks.

Yeah, do this one. It takes away your wristpocket but does exactly what you’re looking for. So does Pact of the Blade Warlock, but this clearly is much farther from the theme.

MercCpt
2022-10-22, 05:06 PM
Just be a Half-Elf (High Elf Variant for the Booming Blade cantrip) Assassin Rogue with 3 levels of Eldritch Knight Fighter. Use Weapon Bond as resourse free Wistpocket and and one-shot Mooks.

I did not think of this...