PDA

View Full Version : Duck of many things(my personal effects)

D.O.M.T
2022-10-20, 07:52 PM
it's like the deck of many things, but it just quacks at random moments, it can't die, and here is the list of things it can do
1-5: summon a duck that attacks the you, disappears after 3 rounds
6-10: 1 piece of copper appears on your left big toe
11-15: "friends" laugh track plays
16-20: a poodle appears and wants cuddles, it stays for 1 hour or until it takes damage, it then dies
21-25: a cat appears and when you move it trips you, knocking you prone. disappears when it has tripped you 3 times
26-30: a small red pebble falls on your head, dealing 1d12-1 bludgeoning
31-35: a lighter dragon appears, sitting on a gold coin, disappears after 1 week
36-40: moldy cheese appears, if touched, that person cannot let go of it for 1 minute, it falls to the ground after. disappears after a long rest.
41-45: a taco appears, if someone eats it, it heals 2d10 health
46-50: 20 crossbow bolts appear on the ground
51-55: Vsauce appears and says "Hey vsauce, michal here, today we will talk about deez" then turns into confetti and falls to the ground
56-60: you lose your feet for 1 round, you fall prone, and are unable to make opportunity attacks
61-65: a glass of water appears in your left hand, dropping whatever you were holding
66-70: hand sanitizer appears in your mouth, making everything you eat taste terrible until you take a long rest.
71-75: all of your copper coins turn to gold, gold turns to silver, and silver becomes copper.
76-80: you have a gun with one bullet that you cannot replicate. deals 10d8 damage, or instakills on a nat 20
81-85: a golden duck egg falls out of the duck of many things feathers, is worth 20 gold
86-90: a burnt piece of pizza falls on the ground, dealing 1 fire damage to anyone who touches it, disappears after 1 minute
91-95: everyone you meet within the next month says "don't I know you from somewhere?" as the first thing they say to you.
96-99: the duck turns into a large lump of unknown metal, worth 3 silver
100: you illusionary transform into a duck, people can see through it with a 25 DC Investigation check. can only be undone by remove curse spell

(edit: also if you read my username, its an acronym for Duck of Many Things)

Leon
2022-10-20, 08:13 PM
sounds quackers

animorte
2022-10-20, 10:51 PM
You quack me up. I was looking for something nutty and this fit the bill.

I was honestly hoping the entire thing would be duck themed and at the same time concerned with exactly how that would happen. I also like the idea of themed wild magic decks.

Phhase
2022-10-21, 12:00 AM
Incredible item, this guy is quacked.:smallbiggrin:

Chronos
2022-10-21, 03:30 PM
Do these things just happen whenever it quacks (i.e., at random intervals), or is there some way a person "uses" it? If it just happens, how does one decide whom it happens to? The "owner" of the duck? And if so, how does one transfer ownership?

96-99: the duck turns into a large lump of unknown metal, worth 3 silver
Is this the end of the duck, or does the duck itself reappear?

DomesticHausCat
2022-10-22, 08:29 PM
76-80: And for his neutral special, Joker wields GUN.

D.O.M.T
2022-10-24, 09:40 AM
Do these things just happen whenever it quacks (i.e., at random intervals), or is there some way a person "uses" it? If it just happens, how does one decide whom it happens to? The "owner" of the duck? And if so, how does one transfer ownership?

Is this the end of the duck, or does the duck itself reappear?

basically whenever the DM decides, it just quacks. there is no attunement, it is just kinda a duck, it follows you around, if you feed it, it likes you instead of the last person who fed it. also, yes, the duck just dies.