PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Spencer in D&D

Psyche
2022-10-21, 09:07 AM
(As always, name of actor and character smushed together)

James Spencer
Medium humanoid (Shapeshifter), Chaotic Nuetral
Armor Class: 20 (Suave Defense) ; (23 with Mage armor)
Hit Points 110 (20d8 + 20)
Speed 30 ft., fly 10 ft. (hover)
STR
12 (+1)

DEX
16 (+3)

CON
12 (+1)

INT
18 (+4)

WIS
10 (+0)

CHA
24 (+7)

Saving Throws Dex +8, Int +9, Cha +12
Skills Arcana +9, Deception +17, History +14, Insight +10, Investigation +14, Perception +10, Performance +17, Persuasion +17, Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +8
Damage Resistances force, necrotic, radiant
Damage Immunities psychic
Condition Immunities blinded, charmed
Senses darkvision 600 ft., truesight 300 ft., passive Perception 20
Languages Abyssal, Auran, Common, Sylvan, telepathy 60 ft.
Challenge 13 (10,000 XP)
Shielded Mind. Spencer is immune to scrying and to any effect that would sense his emotions, read his thoughts, or detect his location.
Cunning Action. On each of his turns,Spencer can use a bonus action to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
Keen Sight. Spencer has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
Labyrinthine Recall. Spencer can perfectly recall anything he has seen.
Lucky. When Spencer rolls a 1 on the d20 for an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, it can reroll the die and must use the new roll.

Sense Magic. Spencer senses magic within 120 feet of himself at will.

Innate Spellcasting.
James' innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 20, +12 to hit with spell attacks). He can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:

At will: Mage Armor, Tasha's mind whip(At 6th level), Invisibility, Hypnotic Pattern, Hold Monster, Charm monster, Enimies Abound
5/day each: Shield, Silvery Barbs
3/day each: Dimension Door, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, Wall of Force, Far step, Mass suggestion
1/day each: Forcecage, Power Word Stun, Modify memory

Actions
Change Shape. Spencer magically polymorphs into a small or medium humanoid, or back into his true form. his statistics are the same in each form. Any equipment Spencer is wearing or carrying isn't transformed.
Etherealness. Spencer magically enters the Ethereal Plane from the Material Plane, or vice versa.
Illusory Appearance. Spencer covers itself and anything it is wearing or carrying with a magical illusion that makes him look like another creature of its general size and shape. The effect ends if Spencer takes a bonus action to end it or if he dies.
The changes wrought by this effect fail to hold up to physical inspection. For example, Spencer could appear to have no hair, but someone touching his head might feel the hair. Otherwise, a creature must take an action to visually inspect the illusion and succeed on a DC 20 Intelligence (Investigation) check to discern that Spencer is disguised.
Sense Magic. Spencer senses magic within 120 feet of it at will. This trait otherwise works like the detect magic spell but isn't itself magical.

animorte
2022-10-21, 10:26 AM
As this is easily one my favorite shows, I will offer some feedback when I get more time.

would also put in homebrew

CountDVB
2022-10-21, 10:31 AM
That is hilariously awesome though I’d say he’s Chaotic Good. After all, he did become a detective out of a desire to go and help people and for all his trickery, he still believes in doing the right thing and being moral.

RSP
2022-10-21, 08:50 PM
Second CG. Also, I’d imagine he’s really a 20 level Inquisitive Rogue: he just convinced everyone he has all the powers in the OP…

Psyche
2022-10-22, 06:54 AM
Second CG. Also, I’d imagine he’s really a 20 level Inquisitive Rogue: he just convinced everyone he has all the powers in the OP…
One: No one understands those rules anyway.
Two: That is what makes this fun!

Segev
2022-10-22, 11:50 AM
This is "as an NPC/monster," not "as a PC" build, yes? Just making sure I'm not missing anything.

Psyche
2022-10-22, 12:50 PM
This is "as an NPC/monster," not "as a PC" build, yes? Just making sure I'm not missing anything.

Yeah, it is.