PDA

View Full Version : Best armor enchantment value wise?

the_tick_rules
2022-10-29, 10:37 PM
We probably know the usual go to for best armor enchantments. Heavily fortified, soulfire, etc. But as +5 and +4 you pay a premium for them. What is the best one you can think of that is pretty cheap? The best I can think of is ghost ward from Magic Item Compendium. It adds your armor enhancement bonus to touch AC. If you get that on a +5 shield and armor you get a net +10 AC from touch attacks. I'm pretty sure ranged touch attacks count as touch attacks and most mages don't have the highest attack bonus so +10 from that is worth a lot. All for a +1 for ghost ward.

Particle_Man
2022-10-29, 10:41 PM
The armour crystals might alter the calculations.

But ignoring that, and class specific stuff like Wild for druid, I would argue glamoured is great value for money for tank types. You can look like a feeble wizard and let the monsters come to you to find out, too late, that you are the tank not the squishy. Since you usually face new monsters this trick can be used a lot. Not too shabby for its price!

Darg
2022-10-29, 11:28 PM
+1 for glamoured.

After that, gleaming (+3) is another great addition for permanent concealment which gives purchasable hiding in plain sight.

Biggus
2022-10-29, 11:58 PM
You may want to have a look at this: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?445923-Saving-from-WOTC-Forum-The-3-5-Armor-and-Shield-thread

Agreed Ghost Ward is one of the best. Death Ward (MIC) is pretty handy too.

Edit: also Healing and Mindarmor (both MIC).

YellowJohn
2022-10-31, 03:41 PM
Noone has said 'Blurring' yet?

Or Greater Blurring? Only a +3 for theoretically permanent blur (you have to spend a standard action every few minutes to renew it, but you can do so an unlimited number of times).

Blurring is a +1, swift activation but only 5 rounds and only 3/day.

Source: MIC.

Crichton
2022-10-31, 04:57 PM
Lots of good ones already. Adding Displacement [MIC] to that list

RNightstalker
2022-10-31, 10:39 PM
Called armor/shield enchantment. 2,000 gp to speak a command word and have your armor appear on you donned and ready for battle one round later.