PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed 3.0/3.5 Black dog build help pls

MasterSensei
2022-10-31, 01:23 PM
I'm trying to build a pg around Dhurinda's Touch (Sp), the last class feature of the Black Dog, and i have a few question:

1) Can i delivery the poison without take it from my bag or place it on my weapon? (like a free action :smallconfused: )

2) There is a way to make all my attack as a melee touch attack?

Dhurinda's Touch (Sp): At 5th level, you can poison your foes with a touch. With a successful melee touch attack, you target a foe with one dose of poison currently in your possession (regardless of the poison's normal method of delivery) by expending one use of your prestidigitation or purif y food and drink ability. You can choose to delay the effect of the poison by up to 5 minutes. You can make a Bluff check opposed by your target's Sense Motive check to conceal the nature of your action, but if you do so in combat, you provoke attacks of opportunity.

Zombulian
2022-10-31, 02:38 PM
The class ability takes care of the first part of your question. It says a poison you have in your possession, not in your hand. Reads to me like it could very well be in your backpack and the prestidigitation ability teleports it onto your hand as you use the touch attack.
For your second question, the Poison Ring weapon from Dragon Compendium does this, as well as the Hammer Psionic Power. Though I'm unsure if that makes a difference, since the ability is a (sp) ability and doesn't specify the action used, which makes me think it's a standard action.

MasterSensei
2022-10-31, 03:20 PM
The class ability takes care of the first part of your question. It says a poison you have in your possession, not in your hand. Reads to me like it could very well be in your backpack and the prestidigitation ability teleports it onto your hand as you use the touch attack.
For your second question, the Poison Ring weapon from Dragon Compendium does this, as well as the Hammer Psionic Power. Though I'm unsure if that makes a difference, since the ability is a (sp) ability and doesn't specify the action used, which makes me think it's a standard action.

Thank you.

loky1109
2022-10-31, 05:12 PM
2) There is a way to make all my attack as a melee touch attack? .

You don't need any special "way". If you want melee touch attack you can make it with any weapon. This attacks will not cause damage, but they are melee touch.

MasterSensei
2022-10-31, 05:17 PM
You don't need any special "way". If you want melee touch attack you can make it with any weapon. This attacks will not cause damage, but they are melee touch.

Whao whao whao, wait a minute. You mean that with 11 bab i can make 3 melee touch ?

Zombulian
2022-10-31, 05:25 PM
Whao whao whao, wait a minute. You mean that with 11 bab i can make 3 melee touch ?

Yes they just wouldn’t do any damage, so contact poisons could be delivered that way but not injury.

H_H_F_F
2022-10-31, 06:36 PM

The spell like ability you're looking at is a standard action, which requires you to make a touch attack as part of it. It's not something that would "activate" on just any old touch attack.

Bab, therefore, isn't helpful to you here.

MasterSensei
2022-11-01, 05:02 PM
The spell like ability you're looking at is a standard action, which requires you to make a touch attack as part of it. It's not something that would "activate" on just any old touch attack.

Bab, therefore, isn't helpful to you here.

So you are saying that i have to use a standard action, because is a Spell-Like Abilities (Sp), to make the melee touch attack?

Because in the sentece it states that " With a successful melee touch attack" i can poison someone, and yea a Sp usually is a standard action but in this class features it says that with just that attack i can use the abilities...
I'm probably wrong but i don't think is so overpowerful, i use it like 5 times a day right?

Zombulian
2022-11-01, 05:08 PM
So you are saying that i have to use a standard action, because is a Spell-Like Abilities (Sp), to make the melee touch attack?

Because in the sentece it states that " With a successful melee touch attack" i can poison someone, and yea a Sp usually is a standard action but in this class features it says that with just that attack i can use the abilities...
I'm probably wrong but i don't think is so overpowerful, i use it like 5 times a day right?

Yes, because the ability specifies neither an action nor a duration, you are making that touch attack as a standard action.
You would be right to think that it’s not particularly powerful.