PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Leadership and Undead Leadership

Max Caysey
2022-10-31, 01:33 PM
So, I'm considering taking Undead Leadership on my minionmancer, but I'm a little concerned about the combo.

Undead Leadership says that one's leadership score is treated as 2 higher than it otherwise would be for the purposes of attracting undead followers and treated as 4 lower than it otherwise would be for the purposes of attracting living followers. However, its unclear to me whether or not this penalty affects the ability to attract followers from the normal leadership feat or only when using undead leadership specifically to attract living followers.

I would imagine that this penalty specifically only affects undead leadership, since that feat can be used to attract living just as it can be used to attract undead.. however, its better suited at attracting undead and therefore functions as a lesser version of normal leadership when used that way.

Buut, as I have come to find over the years, what I perceive to be correct or logical is not necessarily the way the forum collecting views things. And although the forum collective is not my DM, its still great to have the perspective of so many experienced players and DMs alike!

Any comments or suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Cheers!

Paragon
2022-10-31, 03:59 PM
IMHO, those two feats shouldn't coexist much like Prestige Paladin and Core Paladin shouldn't be allowed together.

As to how they'd interact, I guess you'd have all the rules at once adding and subtracting all numbers.

aglondier
2022-10-31, 05:13 PM
In my experience, both as a player and dm, taking one of those feats would preclude taking the other. Though I would be okay with converting regular Leadership into Undead Leadership during a game for story reasons...your minions would all die during the transition though...

Stacking Leadership and (other) Leadership would definitely not be approved at most tables...but it's up to your dm...

Max Caysey
2022-11-01, 01:50 AM
In my experience, both as a player and dm, taking one of those feats would preclude taking the other. Though I would be okay with converting regular Leadership into Undead Leadership during a game for story reasons...your minions would all die during the transition though...

Stacking Leadership and (other) Leadership would definitely not be approved at most tables...but it's up to your dm...

So, if I understand you correctly, you seem to believe that undead leadership is just a different version of the same feat, instead of two separate feats? Like an ACF?

I would imagine tho, that if that was the case, it would have somehow been more explicitly stated… like that of Thrallherd… right?

aglondier
2022-11-01, 03:32 AM
So, if I understand you correctly, you seem to believe that undead leadership is just a different version of the same feat, instead of two separate feats? Like an ACF?

I would imagine tho, that if that was the case, it would have somehow been more explicitly stated… like that of Thrallherd… right?

Not telling you what to do at your table, just saying what happens at mine...

Malphegor
2022-11-02, 02:55 AM
tbh I’m of the opinion you should be able to stack them as leadership gives too few npcs and it is a roleplay enhancer more than something mechanically useful unless you have levels in Yakuza to make all your Followers have levels in Rogue, and I want to see the character where a character has a small army of low level zombie gangster ninjas with sneak attacks everywhere