PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge Devotion w/Urban Savant

carrdrivesyou
2022-11-03, 08:44 AM
So I was considering a bit of an odd build idea. I was looking at pairing Knowledge Devotion with the Urban Savant's Urban Savvy ability. In short, the K.Dev. is just a free action to make to get a flat +X bonus to attack and damage rolls. Meanwhile, the US: Methods ability grants you and allies up to a +3d6 bonus to damage rolls.

K. Dev. is a free action that grants the following based on how high of a DC you make:

15 or below +1
16—25 +2
26—30 +3
31—35 +4
36 or higher +5

US is a move action that also grants escalating bonuses (at base DC15):

With a successful Knowledge check, you grant yourself and your allies a +1d6 bonus on weapon damage rolls against the target for 1 minute. If you succeed on the check by 10 or more, this bonus increases to +2d6. If you succeed by 20 or more, this bonus increases to +3d6. (also grants other info)

So in actual play, how would this work exactly? How do you make TWO distinct knowledge rolls about the same creature in a single turn? Arguably, the US ability is a bit more specific, leaving KD as the more vague of the pair. Given that the general consensus is Specific > General, would that leave KD as a dead feat if you had US levels?

bean illus
2022-11-03, 01:32 PM
I've thought about stacking them. I think they do?
I would say one Knowledge role per type per conflict. So roll once, and use both actions.