PDA

View Full Version : Spellsword/Spellwarp sniper Possible? Curious.

Aldnoah13
2022-11-06, 09:39 AM
no technical campaign i was just getting some charcters ideas written down and this one came to mind, i believe it can be done though the base class escapes me and the only one i can think of without diverting a bunch of lvls is duskblade but i don't think he has any or much for aoe spells.

Any who could help i appreciate it.
if it can't be done then thanks anyway

Biggus
2022-11-06, 10:27 AM
I'm not quite clear what you're asking. If it's "is there are single base class which can qualify me for both on its own?" I'm pretty sure the answer is no. If UA variant classes are available, a single level of the sneak attack fighter can qualify a spellcaster for both.

Paragon
2022-11-06, 12:59 PM
no technical campaign i was just getting some charcters ideas written down and this one came to mind, i believe it can be done though the base class escapes me and the only one i can think of without diverting a bunch of lvls is duskblade but i don't think he has any or much for aoe spells.

One build I desperately tried to make work was a Spellthief with Spellwarp Sniper. It works best if you allow the Steal Spell ability to count as "able to cast X level spells" which FAQ specifically approved iirc.

If you want a more martial feel, I'm sure Spellthief4/Fighter 1 (don't have to be the thug variant) into Spellsword dip then Spellwarp Sniper and Abjurant Champ I guess.

I'm pretty sure it's not RAW that you can use wands or other items to spellwarp but it's a LOT more options for this build

Rebel7284
2022-11-07, 07:36 AM
Dragonslayer can give you the proficiency requirements for Spellsword, but due to the BAB requirements, comes kinda late.

Assassin's stance can give you the sneak attack prerequisites but costs 2 feats and requires character level 10 (initator level 5).

So you can qualify for both by level 12 for sure on any caster (although the combat Wizard ACF that gives you fighter feats is good for meeting prerequisites)

With that said, presumably you want earlier entry?

Zombulian
2022-11-07, 10:13 PM

What exactly would be the point of such a build? Seems to me that Spellwarp and Channel Spell are mutually exclusive.