PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Kingmaker second edition

pendergast
2022-11-07, 10:15 AM
Hi, I have a problem. my players want to switch to 5ed to continue the campaign. the rules for managing the kingdom attract them a lot, compared to the old system, but they have doubts about how to manage magical items. in fact, in 5ed, the arbitrary purchase of any object is not envisaged. therefore there are no tables with costs or requirements. Does anyone have a solution to this, or do I need to eliminate building bonuses for magical items and keep only generic stat bonuses? Thank you so much!

Keltest
2022-11-07, 10:27 AM
Xanathar's Guide has a "shop for magic items" downtime that gives a way to roll for price based on the rarity of the items if you just want them randomly determined. Otherwise the DMG page 135 has a table for a value range for magic items based on their rarity, as well as the character level recommended to be able to access them.

Sparky McDibben
2022-11-07, 11:42 AM
Hi, I have a problem. my players want to switch to 5ed to continue the campaign. the rules for managing the kingdom attract them a lot, compared to the old system, but they have doubts about how to manage magical items. in fact, in 5ed, the arbitrary purchase of any object is not envisaged. therefore there are no tables with costs or requirements. Does anyone have a solution to this, or do I need to eliminate building bonuses for magical items and keep only generic stat bonuses? Thank you so much!

I second Keltest's answer. Where are you getting the 5E rules for managing the kingdom?

JackPhoenix
2022-11-07, 03:11 PM
I second Keltest's answer. Where are you getting the 5E rules for managing the kingdom?

Funny thing about PF (1, not sure about 2) kingdom building rules is that they are pretty much independent on the rest of the system. Some modifiers from characters do get used and the lower numbers would shift math a bit, but overall, they mostly refer to themselves for everything, so they can be taken and used as they are with only few changes.

Kane0
2022-11-07, 03:33 PM
Yep Kingmaker kingdom rules are about 80-90% independant, a few stat mods from the key leaders will just about cover it. Id add proficiency to it to simulate access to gear that boosts stats.

You can substitute in the magic item tables from the DMG or the crafting/buying rules from Xanathar's

pendergast
2022-11-08, 04:14 AM
Rules are from new kingmaker ap. They can be downloaded for free at paizo site.
basically they are based on the second edition of pathfinder but they are totally independent from the characters as far as statistics and abilities are concerned. they finally remove that sense of straight track that a mere mathematical calculation takes over. They add a level of complexity and depth that can rival a management boardgame. I highly recommend.

nickl_2000
2022-11-08, 07:39 AM

Our table uses Wraith Wright's Magic Item Management prices *2 for magic item prices. It is more sane than then X's since there is a huge difference in power between some magic item and others.

JackPhoenix
2022-11-08, 11:54 AM
Rules are from new kingmaker ap. They can be downloaded for free at paizo site.
basically they are based on the second edition of pathfinder but they are totally independent from the characters as far as statistics and abilities are concerned. they finally remove that sense of straight track that a mere mathematical calculation takes over. They add a level of complexity and depth that can rival a management boardgame. I highly recommend.

Sounds interesting, do you have link? Can't find it on paizo.com.

pendergast
2022-11-11, 04:45 AM
I cant post link. Search paizo kingmaker. There are all link and One of those Is free rules for Kingdom and Warfare