PDA

View Full Version : Player Help {3.5} Want to play Marquis Cambion ECL 12

EdenNotRaven
2022-11-13, 05:47 AM
Dear players!
I want to play Marquis Cambion ECL 12 which starts on level 1 with prestige class.
and... I want a cool backstory related to the Underdark and the abyss related to the prestige class.
I wanted to have some related to Mephistopheles but don't sure how to do it.
I want to have a cool character, evil and chaotic.
The campaign is about a company that can make your wish come true...
Right now I play Synad, Psychic Warrior 9, and ECL 10 because DM decides that Synad should have +1 LA because it's not supposed to be Psionic adventure, But I took it, it's really fun to play.
But if I die in some way, I want to have a backup character for reasons.

*The players can choose only 3 books, one of them must be PHB or something near.
*I already talk with DM about half-fiend and she said the company doesn't want to work with evil people... they will try to get rid of them.
So... Here are Some Questions:

What is the coolest prestige class for Marquis Cambion?
From which book is this? just to give the DM to make sure everything is ok.
What should I ask the DM before choosing this race?
How to build a good backstory for this character that can be approved by her and her company?

After that, I should talk with you about Equipment, and feats if there are any left to choose from.
I like to play races with big Level Adjustment, it gives me excitement to see how far the character can go from level 1 to high level, to see the process.

Thank you very much!
Wish you a great week and best regards,
Eden

Curbludgeon
2022-11-13, 06:05 PM
If the Half-Fiend isn't available due to the company refusing to work with evil beings then a Cambion seems like it would be less so.

By ECL 12 do you mean 6 outsider HD, +5 level adjustment, and 1 level in a class? Assuming you can't use a version without outsider HD (https://srd.dndtools.org/srd/races/racesEttdp.html), I suppose I'd try to have such a character jump into Fiend of Possession/Blasphemy, and work through proxy agents, but such a character is impossibly behind the curve. Just a +5 level adjustment is by itself an insurmountable penalty save in edge cases like a sylph sorcerer or sharn.