View Full Version : DM Help I need help finding a magic item I forgot the name of 5e Help

IllegalCatToss
2022-11-13, 02:32 PM
Okay, so there are items that are for specific schools of Wizardry. I'm looking for what book they came from. These items Require Attunement by (For example; A conjuration wizard) A specific school of wizard, any help is much appreciated. I have no clue what the items are, but I remember the Conjuration one let you cast fabricate like 4 times, or something like that.

Biggus
2022-11-13, 10:05 PM
{Scrubbed}

Sayeth
2022-11-14, 10:52 PM
There are several items in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything that require attunement by a wizard. They don't require attunement by a specific school, but they provide additional benefits when you cast a spell from a specific school. For example, the spellbook Protective Verses allows you to give temporary HP when you cast an abjuration spell. Other items are Planecaller's Codex (conjuration), Heart Weaver's Primer (enchantment), Fulminating Treatise (evocation), Duplicitous Manuscript (illusion), Alchemical Compendium (transmutation), and Librum of Souls and Flesh (necromancy). Could this be what you're thinking of?

Chaos Jackal
2022-11-15, 01:33 AM
Like Sayeth said, TCE has school-themed items, though none of them require the wizard that attunes to them to specialize in that school.
Otherwise, nothing meets your specifics in 1st-party sources. The only items that allow you to cast fabricate are Akmon, Hammer of Pyrphoros (Theros), the Blade of Broken Mirrors (Wildemount) and the Lyre of Building (Tasha's), none of which are caster, let alone wizard, items (except the Lyre, but that one's for bards) and they all allow the casting of the spell only once every day.
So you're either misremembering something with your description, or you have some 3rd-party source in mind, in which case you'll probably have a much harder time tracking your item down.