PDA

View Full Version : UA date?

MadBear
2022-11-13, 06:43 PM
Is there any news on when the next One D&D UA #3 might be coming out? I feel a little spoiled getting one in August, then September, and now it's looking like we might not see it until December. I've tried searching, but I'm not seeing anything. This could just be that there is no news, or it could be that I'm not looking in the right places.

Mastikator
2022-11-13, 06:52 PM
Experts didn't come out until after the survey for origins was closed, and experts survey is extended to the 24th. So We'll probably get the next in December. I don't mind that they're taking their time and reading the feedback, and I really do believe they are.

I'm also excited for the next one. :smallsmile:

MisterD
2022-11-13, 07:47 PM
I am waiting for a reprint with a side bar on their thoughts and plans on why they made these changes Post Survey

Leon
2022-11-13, 10:01 PM
I am waiting for a reprint with a side bar on their thoughts and plans on why they made these changes Post Survey

Because they can? There are some questionable changes but also ultimately they are not beholden to explain to anyone* why they did what.

*Except shareholders but they care about money not game rules

Arkhios
2022-11-14, 02:09 AM
Because they can? There are some questionable changes but also ultimately they are not beholden to explain to anyone* why they did what.

*Except shareholders but they care about money not game rules

What an awfully pessimistic point of view. Not saying you're entirely wrong, though.

That said, the D&D designers are players as much as we are, and from my perspective, they have had our best interests in mind and have been very open (relatively speaking) in the past in regards to what they have designed and why. Especially when they were designing 5th edition (or as they called it then, D&D Next).

Psyren
2022-11-14, 03:17 AM
Experts didn't come out until after the survey for origins was closed, and experts survey is extended to the 24th. So We'll probably get the next in December. I don't mind that they're taking their time and reading the feedback, and I really do believe they are.

I'm also excited for the next one. :smallsmile:

Technically the dev video dropped before the survey was closed, so we'll probably get that first. Someone will make a thread I'm sure.

Oramac
2022-11-14, 09:09 AM

Did I miss something? What changes were made after the survey?

MadBear
2022-11-14, 09:19 AM
Thanks ya'll, it's as I figured that there isn't any official date, and also thanks for the notice that the 2nd didn't drop until the first had it's survey closed. That's as good as any hint as to when the next will drop.

Mastikator
2022-11-14, 12:38 PM
Did I miss something? What changes were made after the survey?

They updated the inspiration from rolling 20 on a d20 test, JC mentioned the survey responses as one of the reasons for that.

https://youtu.be/l44mmYu2pqM
Around the 4 minute time he talks about their strategy for rules glossary.

Psyren
2022-11-14, 12:42 PM
They updated the inspiration from rolling 20 on a d20 test, JC mentioned the survey responses as one of the reasons for that.

Around the 4 minute time he talks about their strategy for rules glossary.

They specifically state the survey was still open at the time of that video (6:12), so the survey result weren't the impetus for that change, it was a version they had always been planning to try out in the second playtest.

Leon
2022-11-14, 06:05 PM
it was a version they had always been planning to try out in the second playtest.

the Jump change will probably the same way, a what it if we did this, oh look at the outrage over that lol.
Its a Playtest, what better time than now to test ideas and watch players squirm.