PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e Batman Campaign (2.0) [2nd Thread]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Molan
2022-11-20, 01:08 PM
Hi gang,

Original OOC thread has reached the end of it's life cycle. Let's continue OOC chat for the campaign in this new thread! I included all the relevant links.

Again, for my reference:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2530516 - Barbara
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2533599 - Kate
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2536261 - Jason
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2535266 - Stephanie
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2538113 - Jean-Paul Valley
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2542204 - Damien Wayne

Here's the link to the Roll20 Campaign:
https://app.roll20.net/join/8895728/mB0crw

Original OOC Thread:
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?637689-3-5e-Batman-OOC-(2-0)&p=25639521#post25639521

Here's the link to the Google Drive folder with all the rules and lore info:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Iw&usp=sharing

Here's the link to the IC Thread:
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...Campaign-(2-0)

Special thanks to Flatfooted for the heads up about Thread Length! Can't believe we made it this far lol.

MrAbdiel
2022-11-20, 07:22 PM
Wow, it’s so roomy in here!

Molan
2022-11-20, 11:24 PM
Wow, it’s so roomy in here!

Bwahahahaha.

But seriously though right?

JbeJ275
2022-11-21, 01:14 PM
Yeah, this is the first time a game has gone two threads with me involved.

Molan
2022-11-21, 11:04 PM
Yeah, this is the first time a game has gone two threads with me involved.

Wooooooooo! We broke a whole year AND an entire thread! Killin' it!

Who knows maybe this'll last long enough for Joy to miss us and come back lol.

In the meantime -- Jbe what's your next move?

Feather -- any input?

Abdiel -- knight to F5. Your move.

MrAbdiel
2022-11-22, 03:34 AM
I am floor-is-lavaing; though I do need to touch the ground once. Let's see if I land on the deadly tile!

Molan
2022-11-22, 01:53 PM
I am floor-is-lavaing; though I do need to touch the ground once. Let's see if I land on the deadly tile!

Using the edges of the visible panels as walls to demonstrate when you're not touching the floor, could you try to draw a path for me for where your token started, where you did and did not touch the floor, and where you ended, via a vis that hallway?

:-)

EDIT: also completely off topic, but I thought your WoW campaign was really cool. I always wanted to do one but I was going to do a different ruleset. Still, fun to see an inspired campaign like that being run!

Just wanted to mention.

MrAbdiel
2022-11-22, 06:19 PM
Fine! I have noted my trajectory. Do you worst, villainous scum!

Also: Hey, thanks. I'm a WoW lifer, and I've spent a lot of conversations with nerd friends talking about doing some kind of game in Azeroth, then decided to just try it here, while learning M&M3e. I had thought to do it in 5e at first, but it doesn't exactly fit. It's taking some learning, but I think I have the system mostly down now - and because it's not Vancian magic based, there's less of a setting clash when it comes to magic - spell slots versus mana, you know? Alternatively one could do it in 3.5 and be like.. "If you want to play a mage, play a psion and we call it mage."

Molan
2022-11-22, 09:14 PM
Fine! I have noted my trajectory. Do you worst, villainous scum!

Also: Hey, thanks. I'm a WoW lifer, and I've spent a lot of conversations with nerd friends talking about doing some kind of game in Azeroth, then decided to just try it here, while learning M&M3e. I had thought to do it in 5e at first, but it doesn't exactly fit. It's taking some learning, but I think I have the system mostly down now - and because it's not Vancian magic based, there's less of a setting clash when it comes to magic - spell slots versus mana, you know? Alternatively one could do it in 3.5 and be like.. "If you want to play a mage, play a psion and we call it mage."

Funny you should say that. There actually is a 3.5e version of the game ("WoW RPG"), which I absolutely loved. That being said they did the spell slot thing not the psi points thing so it doesn't fully line up like that.

But I genuinely love that game / system. The Tinker class is my favorite thing ever.

I actually have a bunch of the PDFs in a other google file.

MrAbdiel
2022-11-22, 10:09 PM
Funny you should say that. There actually is a 3.5e version of the game ("WoW RPG"), which I absolutely loved. That being said they did the spell slot thing not the psi points thing so it doesn't fully line up like that.

But I genuinely love that game / system. The Tinker class is my favorite thing ever.

I actually have a bunch of the PDFs in a other google file.

Well, I knew there was a Warcraft RPG; I didn't know it's providence. Is that the one that predates WoW, being mostly post Warcraft 3? I heard it was pretty good!

Molan
2022-11-22, 11:10 PM
Well, I knew there was a Warcraft RPG; I didn't know it's providence. Is that the one that predates WoW, being mostly post Warcraft 3? I heard it was pretty good!

Kiiiiiiiiiiiind of, but no actually.

There was a Warcraft RPG, which was mostly post Warcraft 3 and predated WoW.

But it needed some work.

After WoW released (but before Burning Crusade), they redid the game and released the World of Warcraft RPG. Because of the timing the source material in the world was missing a lot of the major developments, and, eventually, lore changes / evolutions that occurred throughout WoW's timeline, but I found that overall it's core foundation was a *fantastic* baseline to create a WoW adventure / Storyline (and, really, a *Warcraft* one, WoW or otherwise) for a campaign. Race choices were divided between Alliance, Horde, and Neutral, there were several expansion books, a whole system for creating mechanical devices, and surprising depth in the classes. Plus the artwork was great. I always wanted to run one that retconned Burning Crusade but was like, pre-Wrath/during-Wrath.

MrAbdiel
2022-11-22, 11:47 PM
Damn; I didn't even know about that second one. Cool stuff; I might have to look into it some time just for inspiration.

I wasn't sure whether the group would be Horde or Alliance heavy when I posted the recruitment thread. Then I got... 1 Pre-BC Queldorei, 1 Horde-Loathing Ogress, 1 Alterac exile, 1 Sand Troll Diplomat, and 1 traumatized 2nd war veteran of Lordaeron.

So wildly eclectic, and requiring some lore tweaking to make it all work. But it's rolled out alright so far!

Oh, and "if you survive this". The -cheek- of you, sir.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

Edit: Also, *Provenance. I remain Typo Man, Man of Typos.

Molan
2022-11-23, 12:38 AM
Damn; I didn't even know about that second one. Cool stuff; I might have to look into it some time just for inspiration.

I wasn't sure whether the group would be Horde or Alliance heavy when I posted the recruitment thread. Then I got... 1 Pre-BC Queldorei, 1 Horde-Loathing Ogress, 1 Alterac exile, 1 Sand Troll Diplomat, and 1 traumatized 2nd war veteran of Lordaeron.

So wildly eclectic, and requiring some lore tweaking to make it all work. But it's rolled out alright so far!

Oh, and "if you survive this". The -cheek- of you, sir.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

Edit: Also, *Provenance. I remain Typo Man, Man of Typos.

Lol yea. I loved it. Really got me jazzed for the setting again. Lemme know if you want me to share the file I have the PDFs in.

In any case, I might be cheeky but you, sir, are the king of bad-search-rolls-in-the-one-dungeon-where-you-really-really-need-better-search-rolls lol.

MrAbdiel
2022-11-23, 02:49 AM
Lol yea. I loved it. Really got me jazzed for the setting again. Lemme know if you want me to share the file I have the PDFs in.

In any case, I might be cheeky but you, sir, are the king of bad-search-rolls-in-the-one-dungeon-where-you-really-really-need-better-search-rolls lol.

*Whines* When I started we had TWO batfriends who had search loaded up! Spoiler has forsaken me, Oracle has forsaken me.

I'm completely forsook!

JbeJ275
2022-11-23, 05:34 AM
DonI currently believe Bullock is at home? I intended to come early enough in the day that I could snoop around and set stuff up for a nightmare message in the middle of the night but if the carnival took to long that’s understandable.

Molan
2022-11-24, 03:46 PM
*Whines* When I started we had TWO batfriends who had search loaded up! Spoiler has forsaken me, Oracle has forsaken me.

I'm completely forsook!

FORSOOK!

But yea it's totally the BG2 thieves hall, lol. My favorite hideout, couldn't resist.

Like Skyrim is cool and all but they basically live in the sewer, y'know?

At any rate do you...wanna try searching again? Before we jank around with these doors?

16 is just like....it's low man. It's low.

Does Kate have any powers that could help this situation?

DonI currently believe Bullock is at home? I intended to come early enough in the day that I could snoop around and set stuff up for a nightmare message in the middle of the night but if the carnival took to long that’s understandable.

Ooooooooooooooh that was daytime? My bad that's a miscommunication there.

Let's just assume he's not at home, time of day be damned. Easier that way. How do you want to go ahead setting up your surprise IC?

MrAbdiel
2022-11-24, 04:32 PM
[roll0] Oh yeah? Well how about THIS search result!

Badup bap badup bup.

Bwah.

I hope you know, Molan, I am exposing myself to these traps and not gratuitously ghosting through all obstacles to amuse you.

Edit: Could that roll have gone better? Yes.

Am I now regretting that I didn't sink the money on those Elixirs of Search? Again, the answer is yes.

Molan
2022-11-25, 02:41 PM
[roll0] Oh yeah? Well how about THIS search result!

Badup bap badup bup.

Bwah.

I hope you know, Molan, I am exposing myself to these traps and not gratuitously ghosting through all obstacles to amuse you.

Edit: Could that roll have gone better? Yes.

Am I now regretting that I didn't sink the money on those Elixirs of Search? Again, the answer is yes.

God...okay...alright. So...let's do this lol.

EDIT: Okay jiggering the handle from a distance was smart. Probably won't work on every trap, but we avoided a dead party member for a round so yay! lol.

JbeJ275
2022-11-25, 06:16 PM
DC should still be 36

[roll0]

MrAbdiel
2022-11-25, 08:10 PM
… that was the first door, huh? Yeah, I might have to be a little less generous about my approach here! Haha.

EDIT: Very well, Molan; it is time to go full ghost ninja mode, if THAT is how you want to play it. I've posted, committing, I guess, about half of my turn; hopefully, I'll earn a description of what's behind four of those doors, and then I can choose which one to end up finishing my turn behind as my ethereal state wears off.

Molan
2022-11-25, 11:12 PM
DC should still be 36

[roll0]

Well done, that'll do it. *hacker voice* She's in.

… that was the first door, huh? Yeah, I might have to be a little less generous about my approach here! Haha.

EDIT: Very well, Molan; it is time to go full ghost ninja mode, if THAT is how you want to play it. I've posted, committing, I guess, about half of my turn; hopefully, I'll earn a description of what's behind four of those doors, and then I can choose which one to end up finishing my turn behind as my ethereal state wears off.

See, now we're talking.

No offense but Damien's just real bad at the Rogue-ing part of his job, way better at the ninja bit, lol. Also now that I've seen the route you took in roll20 I can share that all of the doors were trapped, so this is much wiser.

I'll post IC soon but you should hopefully be pleased with the result.

MrAbdiel
2022-11-26, 01:14 AM
Well, we can't all be experts at everything! :D

JbeJ275
2022-11-26, 03:54 AM
Well, we can't all be experts at everything! :D

Tell that to the lady who figured out how to steal competence from the gods. I can be an expert as long as my spell slots last (god I wish they lasted longer).

Feathersnow
2022-11-26, 04:09 AM
Hi! Checking in!

MrAbdiel
2022-11-26, 04:51 AM
Tell that to the lady who figured out how to steal competence from the gods. I can be an expert as long as my spell slots last (god I wish they lasted longer).

You say that like you weren't one bad roll away from being Killing Joke'd just now!

JbeJ275
2022-11-26, 05:00 AM
You say that like you weren't one bad roll away from being Killing Joke'd just now!

I was fine, I had a plan of extraction and everything. True I'd have 100% died if I'd stuck around which is why I made sure not to stick around.

Molan
2022-11-26, 02:25 PM
Hi! Checking in!

Hi Feather!

Sorry Kate is sidelined. I'll try to get Damien through this quick as possible so we can get back to awesome Kate stuff.

lol. this was great.

Seriously though I wasn't sure how that encounter was going to end but it was PREEEETTY dramatic lol.

JbeJ275
2022-11-26, 03:41 PM
Originally I was only going to take some of Bullock’s discarded hair to aid the nightmare roll, but as is I might dispose of Tetch’s body while I’m here and freak bullock out with it later.

Molan
2022-11-26, 05:21 PM
Originally I was only going to take some of Bullock’s discarded hair to aid the nightmare roll, but as is I might dispose of Tetch’s body while I’m here and freak bullock out with it later.

Dayum, this really is your dark phase lol.

JbeJ275
2022-11-26, 06:30 PM
Where can I buy the totally unnecessary and actively counterproductive armour spikes?

MrAbdiel
2022-11-26, 06:33 PM
Where can I buy the totally unnecessary and actively counterproductive armour spikes?

*Everyone looks at Kate.*

Molan
2022-11-26, 09:01 PM

*Everyone looks at Kate.*

Lmfao, I mean he has a point.

But this is Gotham, you can probably pick some up at a corner bodega.

EDIT: Shoot. Abdiel, I wrote that kind of wrong.

It wasn't the third door, it was the fourth. The third door was false, it led nowhere. ("But Molan, was it trapped?" "Oh hell yes of course it was trapped bwahahahahaha.")

Should we edit IC or.....?

MrAbdiel
2022-11-26, 09:28 PM
Eh. *Flaps wrist* Same outcome.

But oooh, ahahaha.. Ah ha. Ha. Hee hee. Hoo.

This is good gossip.

I might... listen to this a little longer. Damien is waiting for a dramatic fragment of dialogue to announce his presence on. Do I recognize any of the voices?

Molan
2022-11-26, 11:41 PM
Eh. *Flaps wrist* Same outcome.

But oooh, ahahaha.. Ah ha. Ha. Hee hee. Hoo.

This is good gossip.

I might... listen to this a little longer. Damien is waiting for a dramatic fragment of dialogue to announce his presence on. Do I recognize any of the voices?

Yes. Falcone, Velnire, and two others have spoken thus far.

MrAbdiel
2022-11-26, 11:58 PM
Yes. Falcone, Velnire, and two others have spoken thus far.

Oh, shoot, it's the LT's!

This... may require a distraction. I hope you're ready, Kate!

Molan
2022-11-27, 01:03 PM
I honestly didn't plan for this but it really does kind of seem like the perfect setup for Kate now lol.

Molan
2022-11-28, 11:21 PM
Woooooow Monday really kicked me in the teeth aight guys well I'll try to post tomorrow, feather it can be your move.

MrAbdiel
2022-11-29, 04:51 AM
Hope your Tuesday is a little friendlier!

Molan
2022-11-29, 10:55 PM
Hope your Tuesday is a little friendlier!

It was! Great success.

Okay new post is up. Should be fun.

EDIT: Kate, are you using Amorpha? Just verifying since I didn't see it IC but it's about to become pretty relevant lol.

EDIT TO THE EDIT: Nevermind, I just reread "Defensive powers". Noted. So Amorpha and braced, anything else? Trying to figure out the miss chance and various AC bonuses/total for my rolls lol.

Feathersnow
2022-11-30, 02:16 AM
With all defensive buffs up, I have an AC ofv25 and a miss chance of 20%, as noted in my character sheet. I can use the powers as a reaction, so they are assumed to always be in effect.

Molan
2022-11-30, 10:55 AM
With all defensive buffs up, I have an AC ofv25 and a miss chance of 20%, as noted in my character sheet. I can use the powers as a reaction, so they are assumed to always be in effect.

Word. Sounds good!

JbeJ275
2022-12-01, 05:57 AM
I just want to check, did the others plan on checking out the Chaarl? I don’t want to progress this scene too much if that’ll effect their timeline

MrAbdiel
2022-12-01, 10:33 AM
Time permitting, sure; but it depends on how beat-up-and-hostage'd we get.

Molan
2022-12-01, 04:35 PM
I just want to check, did the others plan on checking out the Chaarl? I don’t want to progress this scene too much if that’ll effect their timeline

This is a good point, but also, were you wanting the party (Kate and Damien, specifically) to find you here?

JbeJ275
2022-12-01, 06:35 PM
No, but I don’t want to deny them the opportunity through cunning use of meta knowledge. I’ll probably talk to fox for a bit but I don’t want to finish the scene without them there unless they’re significantly delayed with their stuff

Molan
2022-12-02, 12:04 AM
Yea....so........

.....You might just wanna go ahead and finish the Chraal mission, lol.

....There's like....a tiny chance they won't make it back tonight.

:smalleek:

JbeJ275
2022-12-02, 03:18 AM
… … … Well, this is gonna be very awkward if the one going through the emotional breakdown is the only one that survives.

Molan
2022-12-02, 08:41 AM
… … … Well, this is gonna be very awkward if the one going through the emotional breakdown is the only one that survives.

Right?? Talk about darkest timeline.

MrAbdiel
2022-12-02, 09:31 PM
Well.

Ow.

Well, we can finesse this into a stylish retreat, I think. But I am required to make some minor objections, not as a bad sport but as my own best advocate!

We hadn't rolled initiative yet; and they are all likely to act first because they are the ones swinging first. But! I'm not sure they're entitled to a surprise round. Damien certainly knows how wildly hostile the room he was in happened to be - he put away the vial to free up his hand from the display, but his shurikens come to hand freely when needed, so he hasn't made the mistake of thinking he's not in a hostile environment with a spell and a crossbow trained on him. Likewise, Kate certainly doesn't see her opponents coming because they're invisible - but she's aware they're moving to engage her because she was explicitly warned about numbers and imminent threat.

There comes a question of what 'unaware' means. If it means invisible and unheard, then I'm going to want someone to cast silence on me every combat so I can trigger surprise rounds mid-combat. But if 'unaware' means 'unaware that they are involved in a fight right now', which I would suggest it does, I think it can't apply to Kate standing in the hallway, poleaxe ready, anticipating three vicious rogues to attack her from any angle perhaps unseen.

With this in mind, the likely scenario is 'roll initiative'. If the enemy goes first, then we're badly wounded and next; if we go first, then we are stuck in a holding pattern waiting for the enemy to attack or agree to terms. Then it's their turn, and they maul us, and we're next.

In conclusion your honor, I would like to say I think I've proven that the characters are sufficiently aware of danger that the enemy is entitled to one, but not two rounds of tearing us apart like soggy paper before we can act.

I rest my case.

Molan
2022-12-02, 09:40 PM
The court has heard your request; does counsel motion that all parties involved roll for initiative in order to settle the dispute?

Kate is flanked either way, so assuming all rolls still allow at least two thieves in her room to go first, she still eats the sneak die.

Damien might have an opportunity to avoid getting shot; Kate has a shot to skeddadle if she changes her mind about the odds, though I might object to that depending on the circumstances.

How does counsel move?

MrAbdiel
2022-12-02, 09:58 PM
We respectfully agree to your terms, your honor.

[roll0] for Damien's initiative!

EDIT: *Murmurs to client.* When I set you up like this you can't just roll like that. You're blowing it, okay? You're blowing it.

MrAbdiel
2022-12-02, 10:02 PM
Oh, and for my favorite sub-game-game, Guess Molan's Inspirations, I'm thinking Falcone's speech was half Falcone in Batman Begins ("So don't come down here with your anger; this is a world you'll never understand. And people always fear... what they don't understand.")

And half Nice Guy Eddie, in Reservoir dogs. ("...He kept his mouth shut. He did his time like a man. He did four years for us. You're telling me a good friend of mine, who did four years for my father, who in four years never made a deal no matter what was angled infront of him, you're telling me now that this man is free and we're making good on our commitment to him, he's just gonna DECIDE out of the BLUE to rip us off?")

How'd I do?

Molan
2022-12-02, 11:21 PM
Oh, and for my favorite sub-game-game, Guess Molan's Inspirations, I'm thinking Falcone's speech was half Falcone in Batman Begins ("So don't come down here with your anger; this is a world you'll never understand. And people always fear... what they don't understand.")

And half Nice Guy Eddie, in Reservoir dogs. ("...He kept his mouth shut. He did his time like a man. He did four years for us. You're telling me a good friend of mine, who did four years for my father, who in four years never made a deal no matter what was angled infront of him, you're telling me now that this man is free and we're making good on our commitment to him, he's just gonna DECIDE out of the BLUE to rip us off?")

How'd I do?

Bwahahahaha. Damnit.

So, yes, although Falcone from the newest "The Batman" movie also had a similar vibe to Falcone from Batman Begins, sort of "Oh you think such and so was a saint? Guess what" kind of a vibe.

But yea that was pretty much it lol.

Molan
2022-12-03, 05:37 PM
I'll wait for Feather's initiative before I rejigger the post.

Feathersnow
2022-12-03, 07:07 PM
I use my power to skip initiative and run away

Molan
2022-12-03, 11:11 PM
Okay. Lady knows what she wants. In that case, you can reverse your damage taken, you'll have denied the Thieves.

Now...let's see if Damien lives...lol.

EDIT: Nope our boy's in trouble lol.

J/K i'm sure he can just ki himself out of this sticky situation, there's always healing options out of combat. I'll edit things so Kate doesn't get skewered and Abdiel can go assuming that Alberto did in fact shoot him, but he is not in fact dead.

Molan
2022-12-05, 11:16 PM
Aaaaayyyyyyeeeeeee I was gonna post tonight but I'm dead and I can't now lol. Post tomorrow though!

Molan
2022-12-07, 12:33 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys. You guys. You guys.

I just wrote....a SUPER long...dialogue and plot heavy post.

Like....so...so long. Been at it for thirty minutes....

...my laptop just...selected it all....and it all got deleted!!!!!!!!

THEN IT AUTOSAVED IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARDS!!!!!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can't. I'm sorry. I had a huge post for you. Revealed cool stuff too. It's all dead now. Good night.

(I'll....I'll try to do this again tomorrow. Idk.)

MrAbdiel
2022-12-07, 12:40 AM
Ahhhh! Noooo!

CTRL-z did not save you? Forsaken!

Sorry man. I know the feels. See you when you're up to it.

Molan
2022-12-07, 01:51 AM
Nope. One extra keystroke, not sure what it was. Whole thing nuked. Devastated.

Molan
2022-12-09, 07:43 PM
UGH. I did it, kind of. Feel like death today.

Abdiel you can make a move at any time.

MrAbdiel
2022-12-10, 09:46 AM
Posted! Sorry for the delay, I had it in my head I was waiting for an action to resolve, though I can't for the life of me imagine what it is, now.

Damien's ninja'ing out, for sure. What a bust! How was I to know Kysel Velnire was Falcone's best bosom chum from the old days, and not just a trusted but expendable henchman?

I added in some league-of-shadows flashback stuff for flavor. If that conflicts with something you have established that I do or do not know about, Molan, feel free to retroactively treat that as a misremembered memory brought on by weird assassin drug rituals.

JbeJ275
2022-12-10, 04:25 PM
See, I was thinking about how to respond and the temptation to do cinematic contrasting storylines with Damien’s league of shadows flashback and Oracle’s new philosophy of casting first is great indeed.

MrAbdiel
2022-12-10, 08:19 PM
See, I was thinking about how to respond and the temptation to do cinematic contrasting storylines with Damien’s league of shadows flashback and Oracle’s new philosophy of casting first is great indeed.

The quickest way to overcome temptation is to yield to it!

Molan
2022-12-10, 08:28 PM
Posted! Sorry for the delay, I had it in my head I was waiting for an action to resolve, though I can't for the life of me imagine what it is, now.

Damien's ninja'ing out, for sure. What a bust! How was I to know Kysel Velnire was Falcone's best bosom chum from the old days, and not just a trusted but expendable henchman?

I added in some league-of-shadows flashback stuff for flavor. If that conflicts with something you have established that I do or do not know about, Molan, feel free to retroactively treat that as a misremembered memory brought on by weird assassin drug rituals.

What!? Retract that? Hell no, that was awesome. We're keeping it all in.

Yeeeeesssssss! Please do!

EDIT: Idk why but Kate is beginning to have a real strong Rosa Diaz from Brooklyn 99 in my head lol.

Molan
2022-12-10, 11:02 PM
......also.

....I'm just gonna, leave this here....

.....just in case it gets missed.

"He steals this thing -- they call it the Eye of Ymir, in the old texts. Now I hear it's called something else. Anyway, big fuggin' magical diamond. People still come to The Village today and pay money just to see it. He steals it -- impossible fuggin' job -- and him and his crew use it to drop an entire winter snowstorm over The Narrows.

MrAbdiel
2022-12-10, 11:08 PM
......also.

....I'm just gonna, leave this here....

.....just in case it gets missed.

"He steals this thing -- they call it the Eye of Ymir, in the old texts. Now I hear it's called something else. Anyway, big fuggin' magical diamond. People still come to The Village today and pay money just to see it. He steals it -- impossible fuggin' job -- and him and his crew use it to drop an entire winter snowstorm over The Narrows.

…. Ahahah, okay. So he DID tell me where it was. Weird. Hmm.

Molan
2022-12-10, 11:13 PM
…. Ahahah, okay. So he DID tell me where it was. Weird. Hmm.

You got him yappin'! He got careless. I wanted to reward your super dramatic entrance lol.

Seems like you ought to be able to combine your previous plan with the updated Intel.

MrAbdiel
2022-12-13, 05:24 AM
Awesome. Okay, well that wasn't the huge fail I was afraid it was! Presuming we're all aware the Chraal's coming in today, then Damien would try to drag Kate in that direction; though we might well arrive long after Barb's gone. My main hope is to catch up with fox - I badly need chemical heals.

I find myself googling "cheap 3.5e healing items list" presently... but I'm looking for an option less cheeseball than having four or five belts of healing in my bag that I swap out as I need them, then put them back on the shelf to recharge for a day...

Molan
2022-12-13, 09:16 AM
Awesome. Okay, well that wasn't the huge fail I was afraid it was! Presuming we're all aware the Chraal's coming in today, then Damien would try to drag Kate in that direction; though we might well arrive long after Barb's gone. My main hope is to catch up with fox - I badly need chemical heals.

I find myself googling "cheap 3.5e healing items list" presently... but I'm looking for an option less cheeseball than having four or five belts of healing in my bag that I swap out as I need them, then put them back on the shelf to recharge for a day...

Yea, economically speaking there are some barriers (cost) to manufactured healing because the devs didn't want to take jobs away from clerics and druids lol.

Molan
2022-12-16, 12:55 AM
Sorry guys. Been a loooooooooooooooong week.

After tomorrow i'm off for like 10 days. Gonna be lotsa posting during that time, promise lol.

MrAbdiel
2022-12-16, 12:59 AM
We'll try and keep up!

Also I should have mentioned it, but if Questor is a closer visit than Fox at the Docks (in his socks eating lox) then Damien will definately take Kane up on her invitation to get get some healy dealies there. This kid is in bad shape.

Molan
2022-12-17, 01:26 PM
We'll try and keep up!

Also I should have mentioned it, but if Questor is a closer visit than Fox at the Docks (in his socks eating lox) then Damien will definately take Kane up on her invitation to get get some healy dealies there. This kid is in bad shape.

Okay yea, Questor is slightly closer as she's babysitting Verena. I'll have you guys go there.

Molan
2022-12-17, 01:54 PM
I posted! Glory be! The Dark Knights are back bebeeeee!!!!!

JbeJ275
2022-12-17, 08:40 PM
Oracle has cast a new even more powerful spell where she begins to subsume the identity of Questor into her own.

MrAbdiel
2022-12-17, 08:56 PM
Thaaaaank you auntie Questor. Damien is fully healed.

Well, hey; if we have Verena at this safehouse, and we know the Chraal's coming in today, then we're gonna have to meet up anyway. But I suppose the plan is probably to bring the captain to his daughter, and then get them out of the city Re: Fox-In-Sox's plan. We could just sit tight, or we could all jump in the car and head to the docks now.

I just don't want to force Oracle's and our scenes to merge prematurely, if JBE's plan is for Oracle to bug out again; no need to create a coincidence if the timeline isn't realistic.

JbeJ275
2022-12-17, 09:29 PM
I don’t plan to immediately bug out so don’t worry too much about moving your timeline forward

Molan
2022-12-17, 11:50 PM
Oracle has cast a new even more powerful spell where she begins to subsume the identity of Questor into her own.

Damnit!

Idk why I keep doing that lol.

JbeJ275
2022-12-20, 08:18 PM
I’m gonna do my rolls to determine how things unfold.

Bluff: [roll0]
Diplomacy: [roll1]

Molan
2022-12-24, 10:12 PM
Thank god you guys are so patient lol. I've been sick like all week. For like the 400th time this year somehow.

Jbe you're up!

Molan
2022-12-27, 04:12 PM
Feels like we should let JBE resolve Barbara's thing first before the reset...thoughts?

JbeJ275
2022-12-27, 05:24 PM
Sorry for the delay, Christmas was mad, clear to go again now.

Molan
2022-12-29, 01:31 PM
Agreed, we got reaaaaaally slow moving this month but I think this RP is worth hashing out. Or attempting to. Let me know how I'm doing.

JbeJ275
2022-12-29, 06:27 PM
Yeah, Christmas always is kind of like this. That said, I think we’re getting the gang back together. Oh and your RP so far has been great.

Molan
2022-12-29, 07:09 PM
Yeah, Christmas always is kind of like this. That said, I think we’re getting the gang back together. Oh and your RP so far has been great.

Yay! Thank you!

MrAbdiel
2022-12-29, 10:02 PM
Woo! Band! Together!

Only some lingering frictions!

Damien's instinct, after I thought about it, was to head back home, and let Fox's handoff of Verena happen with fiddling. But you're the master of time and coincidences, Molan; if you want us to meet up on the road or something, that works; otherwise, I guess it's most likely we'll regroup back at the bat cave!

Molan
2022-12-30, 12:05 AM
Okay! You're in the batcave! I open it up to the three of you to weigh in with what you've done, what questions you have (IC) or what you want to / intend to do next.

JbeJ275
2022-12-30, 04:17 AM
One minor thing, I do want to send a nightmare message to Bullock before the end of the day, but we can do that inn spoiler boxes while still progressing the scene if that works for you.

Molan
2022-12-30, 09:35 AM
One minor thing, I do want to send a nightmare message to Bullock before the end of the day, but we can do that inn spoiler boxes while still progressing the scene if that works for you.

Ok yea totally, that works

Molan
2022-12-31, 07:17 PM
Waiting for Abdiel and Feather before I chime back in.

Buuuuuuut...Bullock fails his Save, Jbe.

Molan
2023-01-02, 03:27 PM
Also, after discussing with Abdiel, I've tried to come up with a bit of an indicator system for the relative "heat" (how close we are to time lapsing moving the plot forward) of the various side quests you have going on.

Thieves Guild - The Gotham Thieves Guild is in trouble. One of the City's preeminent organized crime organizations, the Guild's troubles are racking up. They're under pressure from the Downtown gangs (Dark Market, House Cobblepott), they lost their Fort Clinton territory, and their corrupt connections with the City's leadership are under attack from multiple sources, including the False Face Society. The party has a path to kneecapping the Guild's Underboss, Kysel Velnire, and knows where Boss Falcone's Guild Hall is hidden. Finally, the assassin "Padfoot" is now likely on the move, meaning the Thieves are as likely to strike out at their intended enemies as they are to be struck. Something will happen this week.
The False Face Society - House Sionis is dead. Their princeling and heir, Roman, appears to have destroyed his family and seized their assets for himself. Sionis controls a large and well armed army and likely the Craftsman's Guild to boot, plus who knows what else. He's intent on decapitating the city's leadership, and doesn't have the Penguin's patience about it. The Black Mask could strike again at any time, but you have no idea where he currently is or what he's up to.
House Cobblepott - The Cobblepotts are rich, powerful, and well armed, and control significant chunks of Gotham's "daylight" and "night time" worlds. Their patriarch, Oswald, is trying to decapitate House James and take over, but needs backing from the Wizard's College to do it. However, recently, Oswald overreached, and his enterprise is currently under serious investigation by city authorities, backed by the military strength of House Blackgate. Things are currently at a standstill, but the stakes are high.
SCI Cult - Oracle discovered a cult that seems very likely to be responsible for the attacks against the Bard's Guild. The cult appears to be mimicking the terror campaign of the old Fools' Guild that had harassed the Bards years earlier, until the Dark Knight threw their leader, the "Jester", into Arkham and destroyed their organization. Oracle disrupted one of their initiation ceremonies but so far they've been slow rolling their attacks, drawing fury and terror from the Bards but few others. However, the Bards' anger poses a political problem -- they hold Houses James and Gordon responsible for protecting them, something the latter two organizations have so far been unable to accomplish.
Justicar Corruption - Some excellent detective work, a lot of it on Oracle's part, has revealed the extent and nature of corruption among the Justicar ranks. It's bad, but not unsolvable. A huge amount of the influence wielded over individual and groups of Justicars comes from the Thieves Guild itself; going after corrupt Justicars, taking down the Thieves, or both will seriously help move the needle. However, there are currently no events urgently moving this issue -- with the exception of the terror operations Oracle is currently in the middle of.
House James' Fragility - After House Wayne fell, House James became the new rulers of Gotham after a bitter power struggle. They're weak, somewhat corrupt, and not well respected, leading to a slow burning political crisis. The biggest problem with the James' is that they can't really protect themselves, but so long as none of the other factions can overthrow them, the city is preserved from outright chaos.
The Eye of Ymir - Kysel Velnire made a name for himself stealing a powerful artifact -- the Eye of Ymir. Spoiler knows that a powerful wizard -- Lord Victor Fries -- wants to get his hands on the Eye, and he has a deal with the leader of the "House Kyle" rogues gang to get it for him. The "Cat Woman" has offered a valuable reward for anyone who helps her take it, but so far the Bat Family has not completed the operation. Something is going to give, and soon. Either the Cat will grow impatient and make a move for the Eye herself -- thus nullifying any interest she has in dispensing a quest reward -- or Fries will get tired of waiting and enact his vengeance on the Kyle Gang for failing to produce the artifact. Either way, time is running out quickly.
The Dark Market - Run by a nefarious and crooked convicted halfling named Baron Zucco, the Dark Market is one of the oldest organized crime organizations in Gotham. They've been trying to push north into Midtown after losing much of their territory after the Dark Knight threw Zucco into prison, but they haven't yet been successful. The Dark Knights successfully stopped the Market's takeover and infiltration of the Merchants' Guild, and Dark Market rogues were present at Chelsea Motte, where the criminals attacking the Justicars were very publicly defeated. Zucco got out of prison thanks to intervention by Oswald Cobblepott -- and with their patrons under investigation, the Market is currently forced to lay low, very low. They're weak, but not going anywhere.
House Tetch - Oracle was able to determine that the Tetch's were involved in quite a lot of criminal activity, including working with the Thieves and the Cobblepotts and being involved in Justicar corruption. However, no one has heard much from them since the attack at Hill Hall. Rumors on the street indicate they're upset about something...but only the Tetch's and maybe Oracle, know exactly what about.
House Nigma - The Nigma's were thwarted when the Dark Knights visited one of their lairs on South Channel Island and freed the hostage they'd taken, a girl named Verena. The Nigmas are likely still very unhappy about the intervention, but no one has heard from them since the events on SCI. The Nigmas aren't into big armed forces like some of the other Houses. Their physical headquarters is defended by elven duskblades, but most of their power base lies in a secret byzantine network of spies. The Nigma's likely have spies everywhere in the city; learning about their plans may depend on finding and cracking some of these informants.
The Merchant's Guild - When you first met them, the Merchants Guild were on the verge of collapse. Now, they've re-established their control over their docklands and are making money again, employing the once-desperate people of the Fort Clinton Slums and moving large amounts of Arcana - all thanks to the Knights. There's no immediate threats to the Merchants; they'd like to spread their influence throughout Midtown, by pushing out the crooked forces that run it, and eventually take over their own power base -- the Merchant's Guild Tower -- much of which is currently abandoned. However, without help or a new attack from an enemy, their status is unlikely to change any time soon.
The Bat / House Dent - A horrific bat-like monster is terrorizing Gotham. No one knows when it will show up or why, but you're aware that Bruce had previously fought a beast just like it -- and was nearly killed in the process. Bruce, Alfred, and Richard all believe that this monster can't be beaten by conventional means alone -- defeating it requires a pair of artifacts. One is a sacred magical book, which the party has already secured. The other is a magical "cypher" which will unlock its use. However, the villains of Gotham believe that rather than destroy the beast, it'd be in their best interests to control it -- the Monster appears to be one of the only things in the city that the Mages' College fears. Preventing them from taking it over will be vital to saving the city. The bad guys all believe that the "House Dent" Gang controls the means to capturing the beast -- though it's not clear whether that's actually true or just a misconception based on the botched heist at the Vaults. Only one thing is certain -- Harvey Dent and his minions are now some of the most sought after and wanted people in Gotham's underworld.

Red: Hot Plot. Events surrounding this plot line are heating up, and you can probably expect major action to occur within the week, whether you get involved or not.
Orange: Unstable. It's hard to gauge what's happening in this plot without more direct intervention, but things have been set in motion that cannot be undone.
Yellow: Precarious. Events in this plot are not currently moving. However, other changes to the layout of Gotham, or actions by the heroes, could tip this plotline into motion.
Green: Slow Burning. Things are in motion, but there's no urgent or immediate urgency -- players are likely to take their time getting what / where they want.
Blue: Cool Plot. The plot is active, you've interacted with it, but the key players are coasting at this time, and their status is unlikely to change at all without outside influence.

Hope this helps! Tell me what you think!

MrAbdiel
2023-01-02, 03:50 PM
This is awesome and extremely helpful for me. Let’s get that gem!

JbeJ275
2023-01-02, 04:07 PM
That’s brilliant, I love the system and it’s a good sign of how things have gone. It’s also a good refresher for other reasons, I was sceptical that getting the gem would just lead Velnire to lash out in at attempt to maintain their power base but if there are other interests involved it might be the play we need to make anyway.

Molan
2023-01-02, 06:45 PM
Sweet. Glad you like it. I'll wait for a post from Damien/Oracle and with any luck we can set up the next mission. Are we doing more with the Bullock thing given that he failed his save?

Molan
2023-01-04, 11:04 PM
Okay, I've already got the next one ready, so all I need from people is what you want to use the two days downtime for, then Stephanie will come back with her Gather Info and Know: Local Results and set up the premise for the heist!

You can post your downtime actions IC or OOC, but Jbe I replied to the Bullock nightmare.

JbeJ275
2023-01-05, 04:12 AM
I’m obviously gonna do some spell copying, and maybe shopping for scrolls, does anyone have anything they want scribed on in advance of our adventure?

Molan
2023-01-06, 12:05 AM
Okie dokes, pick your poison Dark Knights!

Jbe do we have more to do on the nightmare scene with old Detective Bullock?

MrAbdiel
2023-01-06, 12:12 AM
Okie dokes, pick your poison Dark Knights!

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fe986f 3cda38e718a181ce57cfad77fe4%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3 D5362501&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=ae77a719edbeb0afe9ed6f78c41f19620e752b5dca986f 1c479937e624c8a366&ipo=images

Oh, you mean metaphorical poison.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor.com%2F6hQQcKgpJ8cAAAAM%2F chris-pratt-andy-dwyer.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=a7edee763e9555da53ce68170f7f817b49debc9a39b88e d807cb31c96bc31b1f&ipo=images

Molan
2023-01-06, 09:44 AM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fe986f 3cda38e718a181ce57cfad77fe4%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3 D5362501&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=ae77a719edbeb0afe9ed6f78c41f19620e752b5dca986f 1c479937e624c8a366&ipo=images

Oh, you mean metaphorical poison.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor.com%2F6hQQcKgpJ8cAAAAM%2F chris-pratt-andy-dwyer.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=a7edee763e9555da53ce68170f7f817b49debc9a39b88e d807cb31c96bc31b1f&ipo=images

Hey, it could also be real poison! Lol.

I hope that scene made sense. I wanted to give the feeling of one of those pre-heist montages where you can see like how they got the intel, ocean's 11 style, before the whole thing went down.

EDIT: Whoops, almost forgot the nightmare bit. Fixed!

Molan
2023-01-07, 01:45 AM
Oooooooookay! Let me know what you think!

MrAbdiel
2023-01-07, 04:37 AM
Alright! In the short downtime, I bought a bunch of potions of low levels - lesser vigor, some more longstrider, one see invisibility, two gravestrike (I had about 5 before but I think I distributed them to the team and I've lost track of them since!) - and also the bracers of armor +1 I was eyeing up. Two shots of "Nerv" from Complete Scoundrel (+2 Alchemical bonus against fear). If the batcave can spot me any extra Purple Worm Venoms, I'll take 'em, since strength drain works just fine against the nerds we're hunting. A listening cone too, since they're so cheap and I might as well, and it seems easy enough to get! Camouflage kit I'll use 1/10 Uses of before we set out.

I suspect Nightwing has better spot and search than Damien. Damien will refuse to be more than a close second to whoever is going first, but his keen senses are his ears, and has to cope with the fact he is trusting other eyes.

JbeJ275
2023-01-07, 08:04 AM
I’m tempted to drop a clairvoyance and clairaudience here, and probably an arcane sight to. Let’s map this situation out then make sure we hit it right.

Molan
2023-01-07, 01:01 PM
Alright! In the short downtime, I bought a bunch of potions of low levels - lesser vigor, some more longstrider, one see invisibility, two gravestrike (I had about 5 before but I think I distributed them to the team and I've lost track of them since!) - and also the bracers of armor +1 I was eyeing up. Two shots of "Nerv" from Complete Scoundrel (+2 Alchemical bonus against fear). If the batcave can spot me any extra Purple Worm Venoms, I'll take 'em, since strength drain works just fine against the nerds we're hunting. A listening cone too, since they're so cheap and I might as well, and it seems easy enough to get! Camouflage kit I'll use 1/10 Uses of before we set out.

I suspect Nightwing has better spot and search than Damien. Damien will refuse to be more than a close second to whoever is going first, but his keen senses are his ears, and has to cope with the fact he is trusting other eyes.

Okay cool. Batcave can cover four vials. Nightwing definitely has better Spot than Damien does. Plus Oracle can help.

I’m tempted to drop a clairvoyance and clairaudience here, and probably an arcane sight to. Let’s map this situation out then make sure we hit it right.

Okay, got it.

JbeJ275
2023-01-07, 01:29 PM
Also I’m ready to post on the combat stuff, but am I missing something on the bullock thing that would be helpful to us long term beyond him giving Babs all the evidence of corruption and leaving the city forever?

Molan
2023-01-07, 02:19 PM
Also I’m ready to post on the combat stuff, but am I missing something on the bullock thing that would be helpful to us long term beyond him giving Babs all the evidence of corruption and leaving the city forever?

Ah, this web of lies and deception I spin...

...trying to remember what the heck I had him connected with. Obviously, he's bought by multiple parties, but I can't remember which other big players he could help incriminate based on the evidence you guys already collected...

...really need a better way to organize plot progression lol.

Okay let's recap. Based on the evidence you've gotten, you know:
1. He's dirty (early sleuthing by Oracle).
2. He was doing jobs for the Mad Hatter before...you know...
3. He was taking bribes from the Thieves Guild (multiple sources).

So...I would squeeze him for the following:
1. Known Lawmen (noble Justicars, typically poor knights), who are on the take.
2. Any of the Bloodhounds in his ring.
3. Names of any Thieves Guild or noble house members (likely not high level leaders, but mid level managers) who have used bribes or blackmail on the Justicars. If the cops round them up, they can collect evidence on which Justicars were bought.

All in, you could probably aim for squeezing upwards of 30 names out of him. That'll probably require that you write down whatever he says, I assume you can hear all this through the dream, right?

Then you can decide how to deploy the intel.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-07, 06:50 PM
Okay cool. Batcave can cover four vials.

Nice. I'll goop-up a pair of shuriken to have 'em ready.

Molan
2023-01-08, 01:55 PM
Okie dokes! Call the ball!

EDIT: Oh. Also. Feather / Jbe, if I look at your character sheets is there a quick reference to see what powers you know / spells you have prepared for today?

And Jbe you still have some charges left in that wand, right?

JbeJ275
2023-01-08, 02:18 PM
In the spells known column the ones on the left are all the ones I know and the ones on the right are the ones for today, with Xs meaning spells I cast already.

And rn all of my wands still have castings, I haven’t used any of them more than a few times each.

Feathersnow
2023-01-08, 03:06 PM
Okie dokes! Call the ball!

EDIT: Oh. Also. Feather / Jbe, if I look at your character sheets is there a quick reference to see what powers you know / spells you have prepared for today?

And Jbe you still have some charges left in that wand, right?

Whoops! I have forgotten to properly update my character sheet or it got reverted some how.

My spells known and numeric stats should be accurate.

I only know a few powers, they are listed by level

Molan
2023-01-08, 04:12 PM
In the spells known column the ones on the left are all the ones I know and the ones on the right are the ones for today, with Xs meaning spells I cast already.

And rn all of my wands still have castings, I haven’t used any of them more than a few times each.

Whoops! I have forgotten to properly update my character sheet or it got reverted some how.

My spells known and numeric stats should be accurate.

I only know a few powers, they are listed by level

Great! Thanks! Let me know if you guys want to take any other actions before opening the door.

JbeJ275
2023-01-08, 04:54 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Search:[roll1],
Listen: [roll2]
Sense Motive: [roll3]

I’d also like to spend the seconds to consider the area inside my emendation with Detect Secret Doors and to be annoyed that find traps is a cleric spell.

Molan
2023-01-08, 06:59 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Search:[roll1],
Listen: [roll2]
Sense Motive: [roll3]

I’d also like to spend the seconds to consider the area inside my emendation with Detect Secret Doors and to be annoyed that find traps is a cleric spell.

Okay cool.

Your Spot check turns up nothing.
Your Sense Motive, however, reveals a rather unconvincing Bluff on Nightwing's part -- he may be nimble but he's a poor liar.
You Search the area and find the following: the door's locked, but the mechanism is rusty and likely easily broken. The door itself is trapped by a bizarrely simple trap door directly in front of it. You can attempt to disarm it but are unsure of how the trap door would be a reliable deterrent for such a dangerous criminal's hideout.

Finally, the brick Nightwing had inspected has a curious symbol on it; a ring, with several smaller partial/broken rings inside of it. It's clearly a sigil of some kind, but you can't tell for whom. Three runes you also don't recognized are carved below it, but the brick does not hide the mechanism for any secret doors. A Decipher Script attempt could tackle the rune meaning, otherwise you're clueless.

Finally, Listen reveals there are voices behind the door. They're not whispering, but thanks to the door and the environment they are incredibly faint. It's hard to tell how far away the voices are, or if they're behind multiple other doors past this one or not.

You will need to use your own Search to spot the sigil unless Oracle points it out, otherwise you don't notice it and will have to ignore it. However, if she points it out, you'll recognize it immediately as the League of Shadows symbol. Problem is, you can recognize that the sigil is there as a directional marker, but you don't super remember the relevance of the runes below it in order to decipher their instruction. You can attempt to roll an Intelligence check to try to remember how the rune markers work.

JbeJ275
2023-01-08, 07:12 PM
Hang on what is he bluffing about? Just that he did in fact see something far more important than he initially let on? Or is that what’s behind the spoiler and you were referring to Oracle not Scion?

Molan
2023-01-08, 07:51 PM
He bluffed about seeing something and he was bluffing about it's relevance, in case you noticed it anyway.

Oracle can tell he was concealing something, and identified the presence of the sigil and runes herself, and even checked to make sure it didn't lead to a secret passage.

But so far as it's significance...that truth is cancelled from her.

JbeJ275
2023-01-08, 08:29 PM
…… See I can still cast the old reliable detect thoughts, but it might be considered rude and probably isn’t mission relevant so I’ll save my slots for now and circle back if I haven’t figured it out in a while.

Molan
2023-01-08, 09:34 PM
…… See I can still cast the old reliable detect thoughts, but it might be considered rude and probably isn’t mission relevant so I’ll save my slots for now and circle back if I haven’t figured it out in a while.

True! Lol. And I'd say that he's a hard target for mind affecting spells but the Hatter worked him over so....maybe not hahaja

MrAbdiel
2023-01-09, 06:07 AM
Well, I've already rolled a listen and spot; but I'll make the other checks as presently:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Depending on if I notice anything, I might consider ghosting past the door to see what we see.

Molan
2023-01-09, 12:58 PM
Damien also notices that Richard is bluffing, but his Search returns no results. Intelligence check also fails.

Molan
2023-01-10, 09:23 AM
Well, I've already rolled a listen and spot; but I'll make the other checks as presently:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Depending on if I notice anything, I might consider ghosting past the door to see what we see.

Are you gonna ghost past the door?

JbeJ275
2023-01-11, 08:05 AM
Well lets try out the rings meaning in case it's important:
Decipher Script: [roll0]

MrAbdiel
2023-01-11, 08:22 AM
Are you gonna ghost past the door?

He intents to; but the last time he took a unilateral action, after the subsequent events unfolded, Oracle was sent scything off into the Gotham underbelly on a jet of vengeance, so he's trying to be something like 'respectful'. But presuming no one says something like "NO YOU DUMBDUMB LET ME CAST CLAIRVOYANCE" then he's ghosting! 1 Ki point, slide through the wall up to 30 ft; look around and if it doesn't seem obviously unsafe to manifest, he'll move to somewhere in the room that seems vanishingly unlikely to be trapped and de-etherealize.

Molan
2023-01-11, 09:53 AM
Well lets try out the rings meaning in case it's important:
Decipher Script: [roll0]

You still don't know what the sigil with the rings means; its purpose is lost to you, but it looks like the kind of gangland wall markings or tags that different low life groups use to mark territory.

The runes below it, however, appear to have an internal sequence they follow. You don't have the cypher, but as best you can tell they function as a directional system, almost like this section of the sewer has an "address". There should be a specific number of runes in the set, and as you get closer to your destination -- likely some kind of safehouse -- the runes at the bottom of each sigil should follow the sequence until you reach your destination.

That would help other sewer rats looking to find the endpoint avoid getting lost. Unfortunately, without the key to determine the runes in the set and the sequence they follow, you can't really use the code to find what they point to. Are you *at* the hideout they were etched to indicate? Or is the real destination somewhere else?

One thing you feel confident about is this -- it doesn't appear to be related to the Thieves Guild. If for no other reason than the Thieves just seem to love slapping their skull key sigil onto everything, however unwise that might sometimes be. This ringed sigil is different. An interesting mystery, but so far one of questionable value.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-11, 05:55 PM
I continue to ninj'! This trapdoor might not be a secret entrance -it might just be a "No Black Puddings Allowed" measure; but it's worth a check.

Molan
2023-01-11, 06:04 PM
I continue to ninj'! This trapdoor might not be a secret entrance -it might just be a "No Black Puddings Allowed" measure; but it's worth a check.

Hmmm.

Hey. So. Just...want to be sure. Do you have gear or a class feature I forgot about that would guarantee you'd pierce an illusion?

Not that it matters...or anything...just...making sure I didn't miss something.......

JbeJ275
2023-01-11, 06:06 PM
If it's a door specifically meant to be hidden then it should have pinged for me the moment I spent a round considering it.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-11, 06:21 PM
Hmmm.

Hey. So. Just...want to be sure. Do you have gear or a class feature I forgot about that would guarantee you'd pierce an illusion?

Not that it matters...or anything...just...making sure I didn't miss something.......

Nope, you are the smart and I am the dumb. I don't know why I thought being Ethereal meant you saw through illusions. I think my brain is porting in a rule from another game system, but no, there's nothing Damien would have that would see through illusions and.. he's not quite boastful enough to lie about that, so I'm just going to.. .retract that. O_O Sorry.

Molan
2023-01-11, 06:33 PM
If it's a door specifically meant to be hidden then it should have pinged for me the moment I spent a round considering it.

Damien saw the room but Barbara did not; he went ethereal to bypass the door and scoped out the next chamber, which was rather large, but he failed to detect any exits.

Should your hidden-door-dar detect something even if you can't see it? And it's in another room? What kind of range are we talking here?

Nope, you are the smart and I am the dumb. I don't know why I thought being Ethereal meant you saw through illusions. I think my brain is porting in a rule from another game system, but no, there's nothing Damien would have that would see through illusions and.. he's not quite boastful enough to lie about that, so I'm just going to.. .retract that. O_O Sorry.

Lol okay cool. Just freaked me out there for a second.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-11, 06:37 PM
"Actually, you've been operating under the illusion that you aren't being dissolved by slimes for three turns now. Let me roll some back-damage."

JbeJ275
2023-01-11, 06:49 PM
Damien saw the room but Barbara did not; he went ethereal to bypass the door and scoped out the next chamber, which was rather large, but he failed to detect any exits.

Should your hidden-door-dar detect something even if you can't see it? And it's in another room? What kind of range are we talking here?

Lol okay cool. Just freaked me out there for a second.

Yes, it doesn’t give me the exact location if we’re not in the same room, only a general direction but it will still notify me that one exists in range. And it’s in a 60ft cone from where I am now. It can be stopped by especially think walls but unless the iron door is particularly bulky I should still get through it.

How large did Damien reckon the chamber was?

Molan
2023-01-11, 06:53 PM
Yes, it doesn’t give me the exact location if we’re not in the same room, only a general direction but it will still notify me that one exists in range. And it’s in a 60ft cone from where I am now.

How large did Damien reckon the chamber was?

Hot damn. Okay, so it's *juuuuuuust* barely, you are literally 55 feet away given where you're standing, but you DO actually ping an invisible door "north-ish" of you.

That is not to say the following room is 55' long; that is to say ORACLE by nature of the shape of the outer passage and where we already established folks are standing/acting, is 55' away from it.

JbeJ275
2023-01-11, 06:54 PM
Okay, thanks let me edit my post.

Molan
2023-01-11, 06:54 PM
"Actually, you've been operating under the illusion that you aren't being dissolved by slimes for three turns now. Let me roll some back-damage."

LOL I missed this the first go-round. On mobile rn so it keeps bouncing around

Feathersnow
2023-01-11, 07:00 PM
Kate has been burning through power points to keep up telecommunications. She should probably just join the group if we have reached a relatively new area.

JbeJ275
2023-01-11, 07:00 PM
Post edited. Being much meaner to Damien this time round.

Molan
2023-01-11, 07:13 PM

Kate has been burning through power points to keep up telecommunications. She should probably just join the group if we have reached a relatively new area.

Post edited. Being much meaner to Damien this time round.

Okay. Last question.

Given Oracle's dialogue with Damien, do we want to let him finish spelunking the trap tunnel before we move into the door so Oracle can locate the hidden door?

Or, Abdiel, did you want to retcon jumping in based on Oracle's snap @ you?

I shall abide either decision and post IC accordingly.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-11, 07:19 PM
I think I'll lay that decision at Nightwing's feet - since Damien's instinct to search the tunnel requires him to pass the lantern and hold the rope. If Grayson sides with Gordon, Damien will sullenly abide; if he's willing to delay for a minute to permit the spelunking, he'll take the opportunity. It's literally about 30 seconds of diversion to go down and up; maybe another 30 if there's something worth grabbing at the bottom.

Molan
2023-01-11, 10:20 PM
Hang on. Hit post too soon.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-11, 10:32 PM
Hang-on Protocol established. You can assume Damien will take-10 the lock on the door for 25, if that helps move stuff along!

Molan
2023-01-11, 10:55 PM
Done! Let's get nuts!

MrAbdiel
2023-01-11, 10:59 PM
Awwww SHOOT a mirror fight!

[roll0]

[roll1]

Geek the mage! Geek the mage!

Molan
2023-01-11, 11:06 PM
Awwww SHOOT a mirror fight!

[roll0]

[roll1]

Geek the mage! Geek the mage!

Nice initiative!

Yikerdoodles on the Spot though lol.

Has Damien considered taking Blindfighting? Lol

MrAbdiel
2023-01-11, 11:37 PM
You start hosing us down with free feats, and I'll start taking all the ones I'd want! :D I'm resigned with Spot, though . Even if I'd maxed it, I've rolled trash for it every time now!

Molan
2023-01-11, 11:44 PM
Fair point! In any case, I edited my last IC post to add that "Damien" and "Ricahrd" also tossed back some potions.

EDIT: Also you can now see this scene play out in Roll20, though the way the map is set up you may need to zoom out first to find the visible bit then zoom into the room. Just FYI.

EDIT EDIT: Damnit! Why do I keep forgetting this??

I also need everyone to make a Will save, lol.

Feathersnow
2023-01-12, 01:55 AM
[roll0] initiative
[roll1] spot
[roll2] will

Various called for rolls

MrAbdiel
2023-01-12, 02:03 AM
[roll0], +2 if it's fear based!

JbeJ275
2023-01-12, 07:39 AM
Will Save: [roll0] and I also have protection from evil runnning.
Spot: [roll1]
Initiative: [roll2]

Not great rolls to start the fight but here's hoping.

Molan
2023-01-12, 12:54 PM
Okay.

Nightwing, Oracle and Scion pass their will saves. Batwoman fails hers but feels no effect anyway.

Spots all fail. This team needs to develop echolocation lol.

Turn order is as follows:
1. Richard
2. Damien
3. "Scion"
4. "Oracle"
5. "Nightwing"
6. Kate
7. Barbara
8. "Batwoman"

JbeJ275
2023-01-12, 01:04 PM
I literally have blindsight from listening lore all right now if echolocation would help.

Molan
2023-01-12, 01:29 PM
I literally have blindsight from listening lore all right now if echolocation would help.

Nah, lol. I'm just having fun with absolutely everyone from the bat family (including Richard!) Being utterly unable to pass a Spot check to save their damn lives.

But I mean don't worry I'm sure it won't affect anything.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-12, 08:07 PM
I've attacked! A garbage roll, but not a natural 1; so with any luck, it'll still hit a flat-footed mage. Here's hoping. Time for bad guys!

Molan
2023-01-13, 12:01 AM
Good LORD those were some crappy attack rolls, lol.

Whelp, Feather's up!

MrAbdiel
2023-01-13, 12:29 AM
Hmm. I guess my attack...miiiissed? Or something? Am I failing to read something? Help me, Molan! I must know my outcomes!

Molan
2023-01-13, 09:10 AM
Oh. Shoot. I forgot to flavor text that. I'll fix. She took damage but she passed her save versus poison. I think she needs a concentration check too I'll check that.

Molan
2023-01-13, 09:15 AM
Aaaaaaaand she failed concentration. So. My bad, lol. She's still standing there now.

JbeJ275
2023-01-13, 12:45 PM
If no-one objects I'm thinking of focusing on analysing the mirror and trying to solve the battle outright rather than committing to a drag out fight vs ourselves.

Feathersnow
2023-01-13, 12:56 PM
Crit fumble to smite fake Damien!

Molan
2023-01-13, 01:29 PM
If no-one objects I'm thinking of focusing on analysing the mirror and trying to solve the battle outright rather than committing to a drag out fight vs ourselves.

Definitely an option! It's your move either way.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-13, 06:06 PM

Big brain move. Figure it out and dispel this nonsense before the Nega-Oracle figures out how to trap us in the mirror so they can take our place!

Crit fumble to smite fake Damien!

Oh so HE can dodge your axe. Fake news; it's not that easy. >:(

Molan
2023-01-14, 11:10 AM
Big brain move. Figure it out and dispel this nonsense before the Nega-Oracle figures out how to trap us in the mirror so they can take our place!

Oh so HE can dodge your axe. Fake news; it's not that easy. >:(

Bwahahahahaha.

I'm giving him a lot of flavor credit I'm fairly confident she rolled a 1 lol.

Kate Kane: dope at not dying, just-okay at dying other things lol

Molan
2023-01-14, 12:13 PM
Does Oracle have any actions left she'd like to take having done this, i.e. the identify move? You are also entitled to spellcraft I believe, but I just took-10 that for you because you'd pass on the "Oracle" analysis and at this point we've established Barbara is enough of a pro to be able to figure that part out quick.

Once you're done your turn let me know and it's "Batwoman's" turn.

Feathersnow
2023-01-14, 12:16 PM
Very OoC- I suspect they are a team of doppelganger messing with us. That would explain why they couldn't field a copy of my exotic weapon and fits with the facts I know as a player. Kate has no special training to even know what a doppelganger is, though, nor any reason to doubt the impression they are some kind of cursed mirror constructs.

JbeJ275
2023-01-14, 12:36 PM
Does Oracle have any actions left she'd like to take having done this, i.e. the identify move? You are also entitled to spellcraft I believe, but I just took-10 that for you because you'd pass on the "Oracle" analysis and at this point we've established Barbara is enough of a pro to be able to figure that part out quick.

Once you're done your turn let me know and it's "Batwoman's" turn.
I'll end my turn by casting invisibility on myself.

Molan
2023-01-14, 01:20 PM
Fair enough! I did some more work on the roll20 dungeon -- very pleasant morning, all in all, lol. And I resolved "Batwoman" and Nightwing's moves. Damien is now up.

Feathersnow
2023-01-15, 03:16 PM
[roll0] Attack of opportunity

[roll1] damage

And I skip my turn this round because I took a double turn last round.

Molan
2023-01-15, 04:20 PM
No worries. Fairly confident that means it's JBE's turn. Halberd strike misses (barely) so no further IC edits needed till Original Oracle takes her turn.

JbeJ275
2023-01-15, 04:26 PM
I’d like to shoot the retreating figure in the back with my crossbow: [roll0] for [roll1]+[roll2]

Molan
2023-01-15, 04:44 PM
I’d like to shoot the retreating figure in the back with my crossbow: [roll0] for [roll1]+[roll2]

*Speaking slowly as he confirms the results* And...that...is...a...hit!

Okay my turn.

Molan
2023-01-15, 06:35 PM
Recalculating I think Kate's AOO actually does hit. Good times.

Had to edit my most recent post, if you've already read it. Abdiel is up.

Molan
2023-01-15, 08:04 PM
New terrain in Hallway is revealed. All enemies KO'd or fled, you are no longer in initiative order.

Feathersnow
2023-01-15, 08:06 PM
Damien- this is very important- what do you tell Kate? Her first impulse would be to stabilize the dying person. You, however, are not so squeamish about killing.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-15, 10:03 PM
Damien is presently on the slippery slope of mercy; so even though he knows it would be easier and safer to kill these guys, he's going to second Nightwing's call to try to stabilize them for capture. I'll do so IC, even!

EDIT: Failed to stabilize. Dang! I was gonna buy some Blessed Bandages for just this reason. I need to hit up Questor for them, after!

Molan
2023-01-15, 10:15 PM
Feather, given that Damien told you his copy is bleeding out, is it safe to assume you're on board dragging him into the round chamber and working to help stabilize him?

Feathersnow
2023-01-15, 10:44 PM
Feather, given that Damien told you his copy is bleeding out, is it safe to assume you're on board dragging him into the round chamber and working to help stabilize him?

Yes, very much so. Kate only used lethal force because she thought they weren't real people. She'd have an existential crisis if she killed what looks like a kid.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-15, 10:51 PM
Yes, very much so. Kate only used lethal force because she thought they weren't real people. She'd have an existential crisis if she killed what looks like a kid.

The devil-blooded trained soldier is the least traumatized and most empathic of us all.

Molan
2023-01-15, 10:54 PM
The trained soldier is the least traumatized and most empathic of us all.

Lmao. The trained soldier who's mom summoned and slept with a demon to have her.

But to be fair, as far as mortal / demon relationships go, House Kane's setup was probably pretty amicable. She also managed to avoid accidentally blasting any civilians and wasn't raised by a lunatic doomsday cult with plans to slaughter entire cities.

So...yea! Somehow, she's the best adjusted.

Anywhoozle, if you guys wanna try to do something to wake these jabronies up lemme know what it is. Can probably just take 10 on picking the lock for the next door.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-16, 12:20 AM
I'm hoping Nightwing has some smelling salts in his medical kit.

Molan
2023-01-16, 12:37 PM
Okie dokes. Am I the bottleneck? Because I had *not* prepared him with smelling salts but given the circumstances that's a fairly easy retcon lol.

EDIT: Abdiel, can I get a set of male/female tokens for rogue arcanists/necromancers or whatever?

:-D

MrAbdiel
2023-01-16, 08:10 PM
Haha, well I don’t know if smelling salts are a real item in D&d. It just seems less stupid than healing someone up to positive hit points then punching them carefully back down to 0 where they are helpless but conscious!

If you’re happy to just give it a sparkle coat of setting conceit, I’m sure we can just shake them awake and give them the ol’ “wherearetheotherdrugsgoing?!” Batteroggation.

And yea, you can! Will do tonight.

Molan
2023-01-16, 08:25 PM
Haha, well I don’t know if smelling salts are a real item in D&d. It just seems less stupid than healing someone up to positive hit points then punching them carefully back down to 0 where they are helpless but conscious!

If you’re happy to just give it a sparkle coat of setting conceit, I’m sure we can just shake them awake and give them the ol’ “wherearetheotherdrugsgoing?!” Batteroggation.

And yea, you can! Will do tonight.

Cool! I'm good letting you interrogate "Barbara" and "Damien" since they were not knocked out with Nightwing's subdual damage and instead were treated with First Aid.

We can set the timer for Oracle's invisibility and any other timed spell effects to start after the interrogation.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-17, 07:34 AM
Pfff. Natural one on the interrogation gambit. Whelp, I guess they're getting a visit from Kate's night-night stick.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-17, 08:41 AM
...Unless they think the answers to those questions without giving them, and Oracle reads their minds!

Damien's save against detect thoughts, BTW: [roll0]

EDIT: Tokens added to the folder Molan; five "FalconeXXXXX" and six "RogueWizardXXXXX".

Molan
2023-01-18, 10:48 AM
Got sleepy last night. Sorry about that. But yes we'll do detect thoughts and see if these goobers crack. Nat 1 isn't gonna do it whether you add one mod or the other lol.

Feathersnow
2023-01-18, 11:40 AM
It occurs to me I didn't actually roll Intimidation

[roll0]

JbeJ275
2023-01-18, 12:34 PM
I don’t know how intimidated they’ll be by the wizard standing across the room from them and starting at them but I’ll try…

[roll0]

Molan
2023-01-18, 10:58 PM
They are Intimidated, but still somewhat withholding. Do you press for further information, or knock them out?

Detect Thoughts worked on one target, but not the other.

JbeJ275
2023-01-19, 07:06 AM
Gonna Roll Knowedge (Nobility and Royalty) on Karlo keep: [roll0]

Molan
2023-01-19, 02:14 PM
EDIT: this post was for Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty

House Karlo is a strange, introverted and mysterious House. They popped up on Gotham's political radar - albeit barely as a blip - a few years ago. Karlo Keep is actually a quite large - if primitive and ugly - fortress that sits on top of a tributary network that spills across the southern Farm Lord's Pastures off of the East River.

It was originally called "Riverhold" when it was the property of House Elliott, which quietly dissolved a few years ago under mysterious circumstances. The Karlos' ascension was also mysterious -- they were essentially an unknown entity prior to being named the new Lords of Riverhold, and have been quiet and secretive ever since.

Karlo Keep is rumored to have a sprawling network of dungeons beneath it which are at least partially filled with water -- the tributary from the east river essentially runs through these tunnels. The land around it is muddy and swampy, but the periodic flooding they experience work well for the crops grown in that region. House Karlo is officially sworn to House Isley, who formally answer to House Crane. The Cranes are to the Farmlords' Pastures the way the Cobblepotts are to the Banker Houses; they currently sit at the top of that particular socioeconomic hierarchy.

Unfortunately, the Farm Lords are just sort of introverted and not very well known. They don't retain holdings on Gotham's primary islands, instead clustering along the fertile grounds of the east banks of the East River. They play an important role in the city, but receive extremely little scrutiny. As a result, few people know much about them who aren't actually in their circles.

But you now know something. Whoever "Damien" actually is, he's more than happy doing work for criminals, and doesn't seem to be too worried about his Masters at Karlo Keep looking down on his activities. That's a bad sign. It's possible the Karlos were more than passive participants in the Thieves' trade; and who knows what else, besides?

MrAbdiel
2023-01-22, 08:10 AM
Alright, I think we’re ready to ramraid the next room. Kate has to whack these prisoners with the night-night stick, but then the plan is to line up, throw the door open, and just SWAT rush in trying to put down the enemies in the other side so quickly we can roll right on. I thought about ghosting through the door but the way initiative works I don’t think it would net any more surprise for us than rushing in together.

Edit: question - how quietly am I able to pick a lock? Is there a stretch goal DC to pick a lock quietly?

Molan
2023-01-22, 07:44 PM
Alright, I think we’re ready to ramraid the next room. Kate has to whack these prisoners with the night-night stick, but then the plan is to line up, throw the door open, and just SWAT rush in trying to put down the enemies in the other side so quickly we can roll right on. I thought about ghosting through the door but the way initiative works I don’t think it would net any more surprise for us than rushing in together.

Edit: question - how quietly am I able to pick a lock? Is there a stretch goal DC to pick a lock quietly?

The lock is pretty old and ****ty. So yes if you can beat a higher DC you can do it silently.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-23, 06:07 AM
...You know what? We're on the clock and I can't afford to fail that, so I'll use the once per day Knock on the ring my bat-dad gave me. Then we'll blow in and seize the initiative!

Molan
2023-01-23, 10:00 AM
...You know what? We're on the clock and I can't afford to fail that, so I'll use the once per day Knock on the ring my bat-dad gave me. Then we'll blow in and seize the initiative!

Okay! That's a plan then!

EDIT: Do you guys want Nightwing to watch the prisoners or come with you? I'm fine either way but I don't want to force DMNPCs on you.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-24, 03:37 AM
Oh, just a bodak and a mummy also, casually. THATS ALL

Sometimes I forget how brutal 3.5e can be compared to bubble wrapped 5th!

Oh, and yeah; Nightwing 100% should come with us. We need his whacking sticks if we’re gonna roll up all these bad boys.

JbeJ275
2023-01-24, 03:51 AM
Initiative: [roll]1d20+4[roll]
Will Save: [roll0]

JbeJ275
2023-01-24, 03:53 AM
Well, that’s not ideal.
Initiative take 2
[roll0]

MrAbdiel
2023-01-24, 04:11 AM
Good gravy... The dice are DEMANDING a certain story be told about Oracle's mental health, stacked bonuses be damned.

[roll0]
[roll1],+2 if it's fear based. Edit: This is also not ideal.

Molan
2023-01-24, 09:45 AM
Oh, just a bodak and a mummy also, casually. THATS ALL

Sometimes I forget how brutal 3.5e can be compared to bubble wrapped 5th!

Oh, and yeah; Nightwing 100% should come with us. We need his whacking sticks if we’re gonna roll up all these bad boys.

Bwahahahahahaha. Yeeeeaaaaaa....3.5 is pretty kill-or-be-killed, heavy metal kind of stuff. Also as a DM I tend to enjoy a higher difficulty curve and sometimes MAAAAAYBE try to kill PCs? But also good GRAVY those dice rolls were bad. This will be.... interesting. o.0

Feathersnow
2023-01-24, 12:21 PM
[roll0] will

[roll1] initiative

Let's see how I do

JbeJ275
2023-01-24, 01:48 PM
This is literally a 1/2000 chance of us all rolling so badly on the will save.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-24, 03:39 PM
Well, we’ve already moved from the foolish, exterior “execute plan with precision” stage of the encounter and we’re right on to the old “fight for our goddamn lives” stage. Hopefully nightwing doesn’t also pike it and can… do something useful!

Molan
2023-01-24, 09:32 PM
This is literally a 1/2000 chance of us all rolling so badly on the will save.

Well, we’ve already moved from the foolish, exterior “execute plan with precision” stage of the encounter and we’re right on to the old “fight for our goddamn lives” stage. Hopefully nightwing doesn’t also pike it and can… do something useful!

I'm gonna be honest with you guys I did NOT see things going THIS far south this fast, lol. I was kinda like, "Eh, what's one will save to start off a round?" Lol.

I'll go ahead and roll for Nightwing.

Dealer's Choice: do you want me to roll stun lengths for each PC individually, or one roll for the whole gang? Lol

Molan
2023-01-24, 09:57 PM
Quick update: HE ROLLED A 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What...just...like...what....what happened to us....

Jbe what's the odds on 1/1/2/3 for a d20 roll? lol

So........hmmmm. How much...damage can you guys take? lol.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-25, 02:20 AM
I'm gonna be honest with you guys I did NOT see things going THIS far south this fast, lol. I was kinda like, "Eh, what's one will save to start off a round?" Lol.

I'll go ahead and roll for Nightwing.

Dealer's Choice: do you want me to roll stun lengths for each PC individually, or one roll for the whole gang? Lol

Individually. It's more technically adherent to the rules which is... the only solace I may derive from what is very quickly turning from a perfect ambush into everyone being turned into cursed sand and swept into a dustpan!

I'm guarding my heart by speculating on what backup character I would play. Maybe Azrael Redux!

JbeJ275
2023-01-25, 03:58 AM
I’m still greaterly invisible for what it’s worth. And it’s around 1/12000 btw.

Molan
2023-01-26, 12:07 AM
You know what? Damn the torpedoes. What's the point of an Unseen Seer if she's super easily seen?

Baydon's an idiot so you don't have to worry about him noticing Oracle, and the Undead are enslaved to Havyn and not exercising a ton of critical critical analysis skills.

Plus, we were slim on options, but I think this does make passing sense. I have a scene ready for when Nightwing, Batwoman and Scion arrive in their cells and start getting interrogated, but first let's give Jbe a crack at some decisions.

No pressure Oracle! :smallbiggrin:

MrAbdiel
2023-01-26, 02:14 AM
Hmm. Honestly, both Kate and Damien are pretty effective even when disarmed, and both have options to escape captivity.

It’s a dark night, but not the darkest.

JbeJ275
2023-01-26, 06:27 AM
This was a bad situation to put someone who’s trying to lean on options other than wholesale massed high lethality slaughter into. Now if only I had gravestrike, would my arcane sight have notified me to Damien’s potions of gravestrike at some point?]

Actually I've solved that, though remind me to offer Kate the crystal ask of mind armour, here having it rn would have been really useful.

JbeJ275
2023-01-26, 07:00 AM
Correctly formatted star attack: [roll0]

MrAbdiel
2023-01-26, 07:16 AM
This was a bad situation to put someone who’s trying to lean on options other than wholesale massed high lethality slaughter into. Now if only I had gravestrike, would my arcane sight have notified me to Damien’s potions of gravestrike at some point?]

Actually I've solved that, though remind me to offer Kate the crystal ask of mind armour, here having it rn would have been really useful.

Actually, I gave everyone in the party a potion of gravestrike back when we went after the codex, and I never took them back. So you probably have one!

Molan
2023-01-26, 11:53 AM
Alright. So.

1. Yes I remember Damien handing out Gravestrike, hard to remember but there was a time when we had a whopping 3 party members who could roll sneak die (RIP Joy!)
2. Can we all just appreciate what a gangster @$$ wizard JBE is? This is wild.

SOOOOO the villains are stuck with their Touch AC's -2 because Oracle is invisible so *everything* hits. I will do an IC post soon but we have a Big Ouch(tm) on Baydon and a *very* double dead Bodak.

This should be interesting! Bad news of course is that we won't have a ton of time to celebrate, the baddies, oh lawd they comin'!

Let's go ahead and Roll Initiative again just to be safe. Oracle just used her surprise round (though I believe still has 3-4ish rounds of invisibility left) and I have a feeling we're gonna be in turn order for *a bit*.

Great heist everyone. Really, top shelf stuff. I had no idea how exciting this would be!

Feathersnow
2023-01-26, 12:20 PM
[roll0] new initiative!! Yay!

Molan
2023-01-26, 12:44 PM
[roll0] new initiative!! Yay!

Real talk. Do we need to have a chat with the Mods about your dice roller?

What's the statistical likelihood of that many 1's in a single campaign?

Feathersnow
2023-01-26, 12:46 PM
Real talk. Do we need to have a chat with the Mods about your dice roller?

What's the statistical likelihood of that many 1's in a single campaign?

Lol. I may have blasphemed Tzeentch recently before I started this campaign.

JbeJ275
2023-01-26, 12:57 PM
Come on let’s see if I can’t follow that up nice and quickly.

[roll0]

And a lot of it is using the right items. I do like just being given a whole bunch of items I might never have picked out on my own, it means that I can pull stuff like this that I was aware of but never would have prepped on my own.

Molan
2023-01-26, 01:06 PM
Lol. I may have blasphemed Tzeentch recently before I started this campaign.

Ah right. I think you mentioned that earlier, or I'd remembered the future. Hard to say. The Raven God can tolerate many things but sanity is not one of them.

Anyone else hear that laughing noise or just me?

Come on let’s see if I can’t follow that up nice and quickly.

[roll0]

And a lot of it is using the right items. I do like just being given a whole bunch of items I might never have picked out on my own, it means that I can pull stuff like this that I was aware of but never would have prepped on my own.

Yeah, actually I strongly agree. There's an element of randomness that really helps spice up the gameplay. There's a bajillion items out there but you're never going to get your hands on *all* of them, but if random stuff gets acquired during your adventure (especially if the randomness fits the theme), then it's like "Hey! That was actually pretty dope!"

Case in point, I had no idea I was going to throw a Bodak at you when I was dropping those items. The two were unrelated. But look how cool that turned out!

Molan
2023-01-26, 01:31 PM
UPDATE: More good news! The sh!tty-dice-roll disease has spread to the enemies and their init rolls were terrible! Let's see how Nightwing and Scion do...

EDIT: Nightwing has some luck!

MrAbdiel
2023-01-26, 09:11 PM
Holy moly; Oracle with the big clutch moves!

Are we.. still in initiative? Not paralyzed anymore? Who's up?

And how effectively can I make unarmed attacks when I am bound? Badly?

EDIT: Furthermore... what is the nature of these bonds, specifically? Now is the time for wild maneuvers.

JbeJ275
2023-01-26, 09:23 PM
We’re rerolling initiative and you lot are ai think all bound but none are stunned.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-26, 09:25 PM
Alright. So.

1. Yes I remember Damien handing out Gravestrike, hard to remember but there was a time when we had a whopping 3 party members who could roll sneak die (RIP Joy!)
2. Can we all just appreciate what a gangster @$$ wizard JBE is? This is wild.

SOOOOO the villains are stuck with their Touch AC's -2 because Oracle is invisible so *everything* hits. I will do an IC post soon but we have a Big Ouch(tm) on Baydon and a *very* double dead Bodak.

This should be interesting! Bad news of course is that we won't have a ton of time to celebrate, the baddies, oh lawd they comin'!

Let's go ahead and Roll Initiative again just to be safe. Oracle just used her surprise round (though I believe still has 3-4ish rounds of invisibility left) and I have a feeling we're gonna be in turn order for *a bit*.

Great heist everyone. Really, top shelf stuff. I had no idea how exciting this would be!

Oh wow, sorry; a lot of movement in the OOC thread, didn't notice all this stuff! Haha.

[roll0].

Lol, amazing.

OH WAIT

I didn't hand out Gravestrike, handed out potions of Invisibility to Undead, ahahahahaha. Only I used mine; and I used Azrael's and a spare to save those two dent goons. So Oracle and Kate should have theirs in the dusty bottoms of their bags. In retrospect... might be useful. Top. Kek.

Molan
2023-01-26, 10:59 PM
Oh wow, sorry; a lot of movement in the OOC thread, didn't notice all this stuff! Haha.

[roll0].

Lol, amazing.

OH WAIT

I didn't hand out Gravestrike, handed out potions of Invisibility to Undead, ahahahahaha. Only I used mine; and I used Azrael's and a spare to save those two dent goons. So Oracle and Kate should have theirs in the dusty bottoms of their bags. In retrospect... might be useful. Top. Kek.

I mean, yea. And in fairness Oracle did call out the two undead minions BEFORE the door opened lol.

Buuuuuut Havyn's still up so the pots aren't useless yet.

All three of you have ropes wrapped around your ankles. Damien's hands are also bound with rope, but Nightwing and Kate's hands are bound with manacles.

An attacker who is prone has a –4 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use a ranged weapon (except for a crossbow). A defender who is prone gains a +4 bonus to Armor Class against ranged attacks, but takes a –4 penalty to AC against melee attacks. Some of your weapons were taken when you were seized; anything visible. (Kate's heavy pole ax). Any hidden weapons are still on your person...the thug/undead didn't bother much with searching you.

You can't separate your hands, but there's nothing stopping you from using a 1 handed weapon or attempting an unarmed strike (with all the penalties that entails, which stack with being prone) or attempting a trip attack (again, with all applicable and stacking penalties). Using a 1 handed weapon while your hands are bound does not incur any penalties, other than any you're already suffering from being prone ect.

Escape Artist and Strength checks are allowed to escape your hand bindings. This applies to the Ropes and the Manacles, though they have slightly different DCs to beat. You can't use Escape Artist to break out of your ankle bindings until you've broken out of your wrist bindings. You can use Strength Checks to get out of your ankle bindings while your hands are still bound; you can also do both at the same time, though doing so will incur a -2 circumstance penalty because you're concentrating on two things at once. But let's be honest, hulking out and breaking both bonds simultaneously would look dope and very comic-booky, so be my guest to try.

Oracle is still invisible, and Baydon is rapidly losing any appetite for facing his invisible assailant alone. The Bodak is obliterated, and the mummy is so far untouched. He's still carrying Richard's feet, but the Grapple check to escape it's grip likely won't be difficult given that it's distracted.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-27, 02:18 AM
Excellent excellent. And one last question: the weapons taken off us.. are they in a big pile. Back at the threshold where we got bamboozled, or did they set tucked under someone’s arm..?

Molan
2023-01-27, 09:37 AM
Excellent excellent. And one last question: the weapons taken off us.. are they in a big pile. Back at the threshold where we got bamboozled, or did they set tucked under someone’s arm..?

Literally just tossed to the side near the entrance. I was gonna have a skeleton go fetch them later if you would up in Anarky's cages. Oracle decided to thwart that potential outcome.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-27, 11:01 AM
Ninja time! I have assumed I am first in this initiative order and ninj'd. Let me know if I misunderstood any of the scene layout there Molan.

Molan
2023-01-27, 11:22 AM

Well...that was awesome!

Part of me was skeptical you'd had the actions to pull off both ki powers but ringing fist really does not have any specifications that it takes a whole Swift to use. Go figure!

MrAbdiel
2023-01-27, 11:40 AM
Yep, ringing fist is just a ki spend because it requires your attacks to function anyway. So hopefully we are getting back on the rails!

JbeJ275
2023-01-27, 02:12 PM
This fight scene has been crazy cinematic so far, starting with a straight light beam disintegration, then Damien's ki powered precision breakout. Can't wait to see what's next, speaking of can we have the initiative list?

Molan
2023-01-27, 02:43 PM
This fight scene has been crazy cinematic so far, starting with a straight light beam disintegration, then Damien's ki powered precision breakout. Can't wait to see what's next, speaking of can we have the initiative list?

Seriously! Turning out super freaking cool so far.

Anyway, Initiative Order is:
1. Nightwing
2. Damien
3. Barbara << We are here.
4. Baydon
5. Mummy
6. Kate

I'll post for Nightwing now; it's a little gamey/meta-ish but we can just have him delay his turn and then go after Damien, given the binding he was in I think there's an argument to be made for that, plus it's easier for our purposes. As soon as I post, it's Jbe's turn, then two NPCs, then Feather.

EDIT: Post is up! Pass to you Jbe.

Molan
2023-01-27, 03:47 PM
Not to give away *too* much of the game but you literally just need to blow on this dude and you'll have it lol. He is........very crispy.

JbeJ275
2023-01-27, 04:50 PM
I honestly think our best option is keeping up the momentum and slamming into the other mages with overwhelming force before they know what’s happening. I can hand out potions of resistance to everyone else which might help negate the worst of the dangers.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-27, 04:53 PM
Agreed. Also, hey… how long ago did the necromancer leave the room? How “still downable” are they, especially for a time warping, teleporting spike Queen?

Molan
2023-01-27, 05:03 PM
I honestly think our best option is keeping up the momentum and slamming into the other mages with overwhelming force before they know what’s happening. I can hand out potions of resistance to everyone else which might help negate the worst of the dangers.

Probably not a bad call, honestly, though you're working against an invisible clock so you don't know for sure when the cavalry will arrive. Still, every caster fewer is a big boon to your odds of success.

Baydon had brought you to a chamber off of the main corridor. (You can actually see where you are in roll20 right now, I've rejiggered the map to adjust to your current circumstances). It's a bit of a mystery why he bothered bringing you here; at first glance, the room looks like an empty closet. If I am remembering correctly doesn't Oracle have a magical secret door scanner? Do those automatically ping?

There are also five additional doors leading out of the main chamber -- not including the one you just walked through and the one you originally entered through. (so there's actualy 7 total but you've seen inside 2 of them).

Agreed. Also, hey… how long ago did the necromancer leave the room? How “in downable” are they, especially for a time warping, teleporting spike Queen?

Havyn left 2 rounds ago moving at 30ft. per round. She exited through one of the doors nearest your position, marked on the roll20 map with an orange triangle. You do not know what's behind that door and therefore can't tell how far she has to walk to find Kysel / the Lounge and bring him back to show him "her prize". (I mean you guys. Get your minds out of the gutter. Jeez guys real mature.)

MrAbdiel
2023-01-27, 06:01 PM
I REALLY want to chase Havyn but I'm veering hard towards the birds in the hand instead of blundering into the bush and getting kicked to death by all the... raccoons in that bush.

Look, the point is, we can still get the jump on some of these other wiz-kids, like JBE said! :D

JbeJ275
2023-01-27, 06:56 PM
I have a magic magic scanner but my magic secret door scanner has to be activated with spell slots and those are at a premium rn. Though I do have blindsight and blindsesne and arcane sight and probably still some lingering detect thoughts and magically enhanced listening.

JbeJ275
2023-01-27, 06:57 PM
Hmmm…. I’m gonna roll a straight wisdom roll to see if I chase Havyn down to lead the back into everyone else’s trap. Calling it a DC 10.

[roll0]

Also what’s providing the lighting in here?

Molan
2023-01-27, 07:29 PM
Hmmm…. I’m gonna roll a straight wisdom roll to see if I chase Havyn down to lead the back into everyone else’s trap. Calling it a DC 10.

[roll0]

Also what’s providing the lighting in here?

Wisdom check fails.

Lighting is provided by what appear to be mundane torches, though Oracle (take 10 like 14 different possible ways) deduces after looking at them even for a moment that they're lit by cantrips rather than proper fuel, so as to not produce too much smoke down here. That makes sense, since there appears to be very little in the way of ventilation but quite a lot in the way of arcanists. All that being said, the cantrips only give off the light of regular torches.

EDIT: This environment is technically "low-light". I should have probably mentioned that. The torches are okay but not great, and the rogue magi are clearly comfortable skulking around in a dark creepy sewer dungeon. I don't believe my omission of the poorer lighting conditions would have had much of an impact just yet since all of the action has happened in relatively close quarters, but it is worth noting, especially given how shadows-friendly the Dark Knights/Bat Family are. Well, that and the fact that you broke into a Thieves Guild House.

It'll take a turn to free himself from the ropes entirely for sure. Then however long you think is fair to run over and get his gear, then back to break position by that first north door! Hopefully, since Nightwing doesn't have weapons to retrieve, he can be the agent of mercy. Can Barbara's brain powers detect anything on the other side of this door, or is it too short range?

You're probably looking at 3 turns, or 18 seconds to complete those tasks. Nightwing can first aid Baydon back to Stable Condition.

Without giving too much away, a quick look at the trusty old ruler reveals that, were Oracle to stand next to you in front of that door, should would likely be able to get any of her 60ft. sensors to cover the entire next room. A shorter sensor -- if anything is limited to 30ft., for example -- would struggle to be as useful, but probably wouldn't be useless.

I say this because I am fairly confident detect spells have a 60ft. range if memory serves, but there are so many spells in 3.5e I tend to try not to guess what kinds of tricks Oracle might have up her sleeves at any given moment lol.

Yet another EDIT: It takes Nightwing 12 *seconds to stabilize Baydon, but he does so successfully. When we're ready to move IC I can articulate as much.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-27, 07:51 PM
If everyone is ready to breach again at that 18 second mark, I guess we ought to go in. I'm going to assume that the mage beyond this door hasn't locked herself in just because.. it feels weird to do during the day. But if we try the handle and it doesn't open, I think we might go straight to Kate kicking it off its hinges!

Molan
2023-01-27, 09:17 PM
Any objections to storming the next room?

JbeJ275
2023-01-27, 09:20 PM
I’m going to recast greater invisibility and offer everyone a potion of resistance. Then I’m good to go.

Molan
2023-01-27, 11:24 PM
Innocuous second question:

How close to 0% are the odds that you guys are going to, once the heist is over, go back to the beginning of the dungeon and let Damien spelunk that tunnel below the trap door?

MrAbdiel
2023-01-28, 05:59 AM
If we somehow manage to pull through with flying colours, trouncing all the magi and anyone who comes downstairs… then maybe. But that seems unlikely. Like 2%, things are just too desperate.

Oh, and Damien would have taken one of those potions of resistance but I think it’s a clashing bonus type with his best of resistance.

Also also… I’m trusting knightwing to looted anything worthwhile off Baydon!

Molan
2023-01-28, 02:46 PM
Sorry, would have posted already but had like 103 proof scotch last night and then got caught up because I needed to change my card for roll 20 to get my little tokens to work. long story short I'll post today lol.

Scotch was good though, in case anyone wondered.

Molan
2023-01-28, 03:10 PM
Turn Order:
1. Nightwing
2. Damien << We are here.
3. Kyton
4. Kyltania
5. Oracle
6. Kate

...Turns out all the cool monk powers in the world mean squat if you only ever roll 3's or worse lol.

JbeJ275
2023-01-28, 04:25 PM
With my arcane sight I'd like to use my arcane sight to know how many auras of what power level she has on her and then Spellcraft to determine their school and whether they're just magic or something else too. I also forgot to retap with my fox's cunning but I don't want to do it now so lets get on with it.

IDK how many auras she has so I'll just roll and tell me what's relevant.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Molan
2023-01-28, 06:55 PM
She is surrounded by an area effect spell, Level 3 abjuration.

She's dressed in three additional spells; Level 1 Transmutation, Level 1 Abjuration, and Level 1 Conjuration.

The demon also appears enhanced, though you can't tell exactly how. The effect may be metamagic or some other modification, but not strictly a spell.

Feathersnow
2023-01-28, 06:56 PM
Hey! My dad was a Kyton! Unfortunately, unlike stereotypes, not all Kytons know each other and we don't have a "secret code" to get preferential treatment. That's a harmful stereotype of Devil-kin, and I won't hear anything more about it.

Molan
2023-01-28, 07:17 PM
Hey! My dad was a Kyton! Unfortunately, unlike stereotypes, not all Kytons know each other and we don't have a "secret code" to get preferential treatment. That's a harmful stereotype of Devil-kin, and I won't hear anything more about it.

Upon seeing you the Kyton does briefly seem to have an expression flit across his face that seems to say, "Oh great, watch one of these mortals ask if we're related or if they can touch my chains.", But he doesn't say anything and instead merely concentrates on murdering you all.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-28, 09:33 PM
Sorry, would have posted already but had like 103 proof scotch last night and then got caught up because I needed to change my card for roll 20 to get my little tokens to work. long story short I'll post today lol.

Scotch was good though, in case anyone wondered.

I HAD wondered! Glad to know it!

Oh hey a Kyton, do you know Kate?

Molan
2023-01-28, 09:38 PM
I HAD wondered! Glad to know it!

Oh hey a Kyton, do you know Kate?

Oh my gods, Abdiel you can't just go around asking people why they're demons.

Molan
2023-01-28, 10:40 PM
Ssssssssssssspeaking of which -- OH LOOK! A new demon! Lol.

Oracle's up.

Those hits were good I may need to go back and clarify IC.

MrAbdiel
2023-01-28, 11:02 PM
Oh BOY.

Hmm. Well, I have no idea what the horror-pede is. Yuck. Also, I don't know why but I can't see Kyltania's Icon! And also also, gimme 10 minutes and I'll have a chain devil icon for you.

Molan
2023-01-29, 12:06 AM
Oh BOY.

Hmm. Well, I have no idea what the horror-pede is. Yuck. Also, I don't know why but I can't see Kyltania's Icon! And also also, gimme 10 minutes and I'll have a chain devil icon for you.

Sorry I failed to get around to fixing my roll20 thing today so it didn't let me place her icon yet.

I will.