PDA

View Full Version : Question about Druid Variant

Esper_Manny
2007-12-01, 03:56 PM
I want to take the shape shifting druid variant from PHBII and im wondering if i can take skills like muti attack and improve natural weapon since i can shapeshift at will, heck it doesnt say i dont have to turn it off XD Thanks in advance.

Darkantra
2007-12-01, 04:05 PM
As per straight rules there's nothing that says you can't, and Multiattack makes perfect sense if you're going to be a combat based druid. With Improved Natural Attack though just remember that you'd have to take it seperately for Bite, Claw, Slam and Talon.

Really though, it just comes down to whether or not your DM will let you take Improved Natural Attack (Bite), and let it count for both the Predator and Ferocious Slayer forms, and if Multiattack counts for every different form you learn or just one.

Esper_Manny
2007-12-01, 04:17 PM
how does muti attack work? i can bite an enemy and then i can claw him one or twice? im not too sure about the feat.

Jack_Simth
2007-12-01, 04:37 PM
Without Multiattack, on a full attack action, you get to use all natural weapons although the secondary ones are at -5 (basically, the ones after the first listing - so a Tiger with Bite and 2 claws has the Bite primary, while the Ape with 2 claws and Bite has the Bite as secondary and both claws as primary.

With Multiattack, the penalty is reduced to -2, rather than -5, for secondary natural attacks.