PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Skin. How do?

SangoProduction
2022-11-25, 09:32 PM
So, I was thinking about a character that was like a mimic - including the sticky skin. Going to build for grapple and disarm. But I'd really like to be able to disarm on being attacked. Is there any way to do so?

ShurikVch
2022-11-25, 10:37 PM
If you OK to start with 2 racial HD and LA +3, then Underdark have Kuo-toa race: with Adhesive racial trait, access to Enhanced Adhesive feat, and Inquisitor of the Drowning Goddess PrC (with the "Grappling Adhesive" class feature)

Other than it, Tarterian Creature template - with its "Farastu" variant - have Adhesive Slime.
But:
1. You must be Evil to have it (while Blibdoolpoolp allows non-Evil worshipers)
2. It's not 1st-party (The Shackled City Adventure Path)
3. Template have no listed LA (Technically, it's "+0", but good luck to get OK from DM - especially considering continuous Freedom of Movement effect)
4. Can't be raised or resurrected

Melayl
2022-11-26, 02:58 PM
Look at the Adherer. I can't remember which MM it's in, but it does what you're looking for.

ShurikVch
2022-11-26, 03:20 PM
Look at the Adherer. I can't remember which MM it's in, but it does what you're looking for.
Adherer was never updated to 3.X by WotC, but there is 3rd-party adaptation in the Tome of Horrors

From the 1st-party stuff, Web Golem (Monster Manual III) and Web Mummy (Monster Manual IV) have similar adhesive properties

The problem is: all three of aforementioned have "LA: -"

Maybe, custom Web Half-Golem...

Gruftzwerg
2022-11-26, 07:23 PM
1. Robilar's Gambit or Karmic Strike
2. Combat Reflexes
3. unarmed "Disarm" action

Or why not go for Vow of Peace?
One of the benefits is:

"If a creature strikes you with a manufactured weapon, the weapon must immediately make a successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + one-half your character level + your Con modifier) or shatter against your skin, leaving you unharmed. "

Melayl
2022-11-27, 06:46 PM
Adherer was never updated to 3.X by WotC

Pathfinder has an adaptation too. You can check the PFSRD or the Archives of Nethys (be sure to select the 1e site).