PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed d&D 3.5 Goggles of Night but better - help

samduke
2022-12-01, 12:37 PM
okay I have a race that has darkvision 60ft so Goggles of Night granting 60ft does no good what I am looking for, hopefully is an item that will extend the darkvision that is already there.

Yes I know all about Cavestalker PRC , I would like even more distance on darkvision

is there such an Item , Feat , Class / PRC

remain with 1st part WOTC no dragon mags ect

and thanks in advance

Gruftzwerg
2022-12-01, 01:36 PM
Improved Darkvision [epic] (feat)

Doubles your natural Darkvision range. Can be taken multiple times (! double double in 3.5 is triple and so on..)

Maat Mons
2022-12-01, 03:37 PM
Ring of Spelunking (Dragon 323, p88) doubles the range of your preexisting darkvision. Superior Darkvision (Unapproachable East, p53) is a 4th-level spell that gives unlimited range darkvision for 1 hour/level.

samduke
2022-12-01, 03:40 PM
Ring of Spelunking (Dragon 323, p88) doubles the range of your preexisting darkvision. Superior Darkvision (Unapproachable East, p53) is a 4th-level spell that gives unlimited range darkvision for 1 hour/level.

well i dont thing the ring will work but it wont hurt to ask and the spell is great, the epic feat is right out

thanks all

ShurikVch
2022-12-01, 05:12 PM
Feats:
Deep Vision (Complete Psionic) - +30' (while psionically focused)
Deepseer (Dragon #319) - +10'; prerequisites - deep gnome, stout halfling, or mountain dwarf
Devil's Sight (Fiendish Codex II) - +60'; prerequisites - Pact with devil, Devil's Favor, Wis 15
Eyes of the Mage (Dragon #359) - +60'; prerequisites - Int 13, arcane CL 12
Inhuman Vision (Lords of Madness) - +5' for any [aberrant] feat
Pierce the Darkness (Races of Stone) - spend one Turn Undead attempt to double range of Darkvision for 1 minute per character level
Umbral Shroud (Complete Champion) - +10'; prerequisites - 3rd-level or higher darkness spell available to cast

Classes:
Shadowcaster (Tome of Magic) - at 3rd level, +30'
Solstice Knight - Paladin substitution level (Dragon #338) - at 5th level, +30'

PrC:
Darkrunner (Lords of Madness) - at every even class level, +10'
Disciple of the Eye (Races of the Dragon) - at 3rd level, if range of your Darkvision is less than 120' - you get Darkvision 120'
Divine Crusader (Complete Divine) - at 7th level, +30'
Hoardstealer (Draconomicon) - +30' at 3rd, 6th, and 9th levels
The Ruby Disciple (https://web.archive.org/web/20161031215626/http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20030124c) - at 5th level, range of Darkvision is doubled
Stalwart Warden (Dragon #297) - this PrC is [epic] and Dwarf-specific; +30' every 5 levels

Other stuff:
Light and Darkness psionic mantle (Complete Psionic) - +30' (if you already have Darkvision when you get the mantle)
Magic Item Brow Chakra Bind (Magic of Incarnum) - +10' insight bonus to Darkvision range
Nightsighted (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm#nightsighted) trait - +10'