PDA

View Full Version : Wild Leap (1st level Psionic Power, Athas Pathfinder), can we optimise this?

Ramza00
2022-12-05, 03:50 PM
So I am doing time mage stuff and I stumbled on this 1st level Psionic Power Wild Leap on the Athas Wiki. (psion 1 and psychic warrior 1)

For a swift action, one makes two acrobatic checks for two different jumps treating the air as a solid between jump 1 and 2 (similar to the Castlevania double jump, though I bet we can reflavor this as Spider-Man webslinging, or Attack on Titan 3D Maneuvering) and you get a +5 competence bonus to these two acrobatic checks.

Augment, for every 4 pp (thus effectively boosting the power by two spell levels) the +5 increases by another +5.

=====

Seems fabulous in a practical optimisation kind of way for a Psionic Wand / Dorje for a good swift action movement mode for 750 gp / 50 charges (half if you craft.)

How can we optimise this? Feel free to drop down any 3.5, Pathfinder, and popular 3rd Party like Dreamscarred, Spheres, etc.

=====

The list so far.

Rebel7284
2022-12-05, 04:11 PM
I mean, the reading of Battle Jump feat that assumes the charge is a free action would benefit greatly from this power since you can then charge twice as a single swift action. With that said, I don't think I necessarily subscribe to that reading.