PDA

View Full Version : Infusion question

Spacehamster
2022-12-11, 04:47 AM
Is there an infusion for thrown weapons for artificer and if so what does it do? Afb atm. :)

Leon
2022-12-11, 05:04 AM
Returning weapon. Makes it a +1 weapon and returns to the throwers hand immediately after its used to make a ranged attack.

Spacehamster
2022-12-11, 05:05 AM
Returning weapon. makes it a +1 weapon and returns to the throwers hand immediately after its used to make a ranged attack

Nice so works with extra attack then I suppose? :)

Leon
2022-12-11, 05:07 AM
Nice so works with extra attack then I suppose? :)

Absolutely, I did it to our Barbarians spear as soon as I picked it up and he has been throwing it a lot and even more since level 5.

Spacehamster
2022-12-11, 05:20 AM
Absolutely, I did it to our Barbarians spear as soon as I picked it up and he has been throwing it a lot and even more since level 5.

Nice will swap to that one once my 5 battlesmith 2 fighter(going battle master 4) takes battlesmith 6, returning darts, quick toss maneuver, archery style and sharpshooter sounds fun. :D

diplomancer
2022-12-11, 05:29 AM
Nice will swap to that one once my 5 battlesmith 2 fighter(going battle master 4) takes battlesmith 6, returning darts, quick toss maneuver, archery style and sharpshooter sounds fun. :D

RAW, neither Archery fighting style nor the last bullet point of Sharpshooter work with thrown weapons (the first two points of Sharpshooter do work, however).

Spacehamster
2022-12-11, 05:44 AM
RAW, neither Archery fighting style nor the last bullet point of Sharpshooter work with thrown weapons (the first two points of Sharpshooter do work, however).

It works with dart, it’s specifically ranged not melee as javelin and handaxe. :)

diplomancer
2022-12-11, 06:04 AM
It works with dart, it’s specifically ranged not melee as javelin and handaxe. :)

Ah, good point. I believe it is the only thrown ranged weapon, so this should indeed work

Silpharon
2022-12-12, 01:56 AM
Ah, good point. I believe it is the only thrown ranged weapon, so this should indeed work

Indeed, a dart thrower with returning weapon, thrown weapon fighting style, archery fighting style, and sharpshooter makes for a great "gambit" like character. :)

It's effectively a +3 continuously usable dart with sharpshooter access. That's the equivalent of a +1 longbow with archery fighting style... except you have an extra hand for a shield!

Of course that takes a lot of multi-classing and/or feats... but may fit the theme with a horizon walker and battle master with quick toss.