PDA

View Full Version : proposition for ANY SEA FARING MMORPG

Dean Fellithor
2007-12-02, 02:36 AM
has any one seen this game so far? (http://piratesoftheburningsea.station.sony.com/) I like the look of it and everything, thats why I was thinking, when it comes out why don't we start a crew?

y'know, just sail around and pwn some idiots who try shooting at us or are just way too underhanded on their ships (see my sig)...

I was thinking about what ship we could all own depending on how many crew members we can get, but if no ones interested I won't post them.

now, who be with me?

Semidi
2007-12-02, 03:06 AM
It looks like a cool game, though I doubt it will be great. I just get these feelings, y'know?

I wish I had gotten into the beta when I had a chance. I just had too much going on at the time. If it has a trial period or a public beta I'll try it out, and I like it I'll be happy to break out the rum/parrot/peg leg with the GitP people.

Dean Fellithor
2007-12-02, 03:17 AM
It looks like a cool game, though I doubt it will be great. I just get these feelings, y'know?

I wish I had gotten into the beta when I had a chance. I just had too much going on at the time. If it has a trial period or a public beta I'll try it out, and I like it I'll be happy to break out the rum/parrot/peg leg with the GitP people.

I kinda get that sorta feeling too, since everyone is going to want to be captain, but I am willing to give this game a try swashbuckling and Dirty fighting some stupid noobs who think that 'they are too good for a crew and sail their 240 person ship by themselves'.

look at the good side: we'd be drinking rum and splitting the treasure equally inbetween the crew members and we'd take over some French Ports...and steal their hats all in the name of Giant in the Playground forums!

"I hereby Christen this ship: The Smiling Giant!"

Dragor
2007-12-02, 03:20 AM
I have the feeling this game is going to be awesome.

I'd heard of it a while back, just seeing screenshots. Now I've seen a trailer, I'm wetting my pants with excitement.

Yar, Dean, I'll join yar crew.... for a hefty sum o' dubloons! :smallbiggrin:

Dean Fellithor
2007-12-02, 03:34 AM
I have the feeling this game is going to be awesome.

I'd heard of it a while back, just seeing screenshots. Now I've seen a trailer, I'm wetting my pants with excitement.

Yar, Dean, I'll join yar crew.... for a hefty sum o' dubloons! :smallbiggrin:

good, so far we've got enough people for a raft! :biggrin:

Check the ship list (http://piratesoftheburningsea.station.sony.com/flash/en/ship-guide/index.html)

Icewalker
2007-12-02, 05:45 AM
Basically, here's how I'd come in: if it doesn't have a monthly fee, and I have spare time, I'll totally play this.

I don't think I'd want to be captain, but I'd prefer to avoid deckhand :smallbiggrin:

I'd go for a post of Lieutenant, personally.

Also, just so you know, we need to be England. Everybody is gonna be 'oooh I'm a pirate' when England totally ruled the seas.

Dean Fellithor
2007-12-02, 06:05 AM
DAMMIT! I just read some terrible, terrible news... EVERYONE IS A CAPTAIN OF THEIR OWN SHIP! :furious:
Oh Great who cares about historical accuracy? JUST STICK EVERY IDIOT AND HIS MONKEY WITH HIS OWN GODDAMN SHIP WITH ITS OWN GODDAMN CREW!

this game has made me angry... I was looking forward to being a Powder Monkey...and making other people my powder monkeys...

This game has just turned from the Greatest game ever into a a Combination of WoW and EVE set in the Caribbean!

pingcode20
2007-12-02, 06:24 AM
I also notice that it's got another one of those annoying level-based tiering systems.

Doesn't really stand out to me - I reckon Imma gonna say firmly superglued to TF2; a MOFPS (as distinguished from MMORPG), if you will. Never could stand levelgrinds.

Dragor
2007-12-02, 06:24 AM
Well, come on Dean. It's still going to be fun when you have a whole navy of pirates/privateers.

And let's face it, EVE is a good example to take when making a game which is quite similar.

Dean Fellithor
2007-12-02, 06:38 AM
Well, come on Dean. It's still going to be fun when you have a whole navy of pirates/privateers.

And let's face it, EVE is a good example to take when making a game which is quite similar.

But I wanted to be a powder monkey...:annoyed:

Oh well...as long as we can do some ground based activities...AND I'M STILL GONNA KILL SOME FRENCH PEOPLE AND TAKE THEIR HATS!

Our Cannon Balls shall block out the wind...

get ready Gents, we have a lot of Ports to take over... starting with the French ones...then move on to the spanish, then the English, then the Dutch (which are NPCs in this game despite the fact they make better ships then all of the rest of the nations combined.)...

I am ready for Orders Commander!

1) we shall take over our enemies ships.
2) Sail them to port.
3) ???
4) $$PROFIT$$

Dragor
2007-12-02, 06:49 AM
Yo ho ho and a barrel of French hats! Hurray!

*sails raft into French port, pistols blazing*

Spam the cannons, lads!

Dean Fellithor
2007-12-02, 06:52 AM
Yo ho ho and a barrel of French hats! Hurray!

*sails raft into French port, pistols blazing*

Spam the cannons, lads!

We shall take them by land and SEA!

any thought on what our Ships will be?

Dragor
2007-12-02, 10:30 AM
My ship? The one I can fit the most cannons on.

Dean Fellithor
2007-12-02, 10:40 AM
I shall take a small Galleon or a Fluyt, they by far the most stereo-typical Pirate ships.:biggrin:

Dragor
2007-12-02, 11:33 AM
Well, thinking more wisely, possibly a Brigantine or just a Brig. I've played enough Sid Meier's: Pirates! to know that speed is sometimes better than having a ton o' guns.

Yeah, I'm a hypocrite.

Icewalker
2007-12-02, 07:12 PM
I'm indifferent. If it doesn't have the group crew aspect, which would have been awesome, then I miiiight check it out if I'm bored and it doesn't have a monthly fee. I'll probably stick with WoW and assorted non MMO's though.

Dean Fellithor
2007-12-02, 10:45 PM
I downloaded Pirates of the Caribbean Online and have been playing it in Trial mode for a while, it's already pretty good, just have to do all of the quests and after that all I have to do is avoid the main characters! :biggrin:

By the way PotC does kinda have a crew system.

Icewalker
2007-12-03, 12:36 AM
I'm interested. How does the crew system work in that?

Dean Fellithor
2007-12-03, 01:18 AM
You ask people to join your "Crew" (Party) and I havent seen anything past that because everyone likes to do their own thing and the group seperates.

my Sloop's Maximum Crew Capacity is 3 and so far I've been the only one on it. I'm going to subscribe tonight, but none of you guys need to pay to play, you will just have less features if you don't.

Triaxx
2007-12-03, 07:18 AM
Arg, keep to your big boats. I'll be pirate in a row boat.

Who needs a crew? Not me.

Gaelbert
2007-12-03, 09:15 AM
You ask people to join your "Crew" (Party) and I havent seen anything past that because everyone likes to do their own thing and the group seperates.

my Sloop's Maximum Crew Capacity is 3 and so far I've been the only one on it. I'm going to subscribe tonight, but none of you guys need to pay to play, you will just have less features if you don't.

I'm interested. I joined up, and wil download when I have the time.

DrunkPrivateer
2007-12-06, 01:00 AM
I think it probably goes without saying but, I like pirates. Just saying. A crew setup would make the Burning Seas game cooler, but it could still be pretty cool. We could still rule the seas as a band of brigands! The PotC game sounds like it might be pretty good, I'll have to check it out, but I feel like the references to the movie would bother me and pull me out of the experience.

Amotis
2007-12-06, 01:42 AM
I think (I may be mistaken) that Alarra and Zeb both got beta cards for this game at GenCon. Might wanna ask them.

Gaelbert
2007-12-07, 09:22 PM
I finally got it loaded and I've been playing for about 5 minutes now. It looks decent. PotC, that is, and I think I'd be up for a crewmember.