PDA

View Full Version : Defenders of the District (MSH) IC

Phantom Genius
2022-12-16, 07:17 AM
OOC link: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?651678-Defenders-of-the-District-(MSH)-OOC

Fury and Bug should actually start their conversation here.

BananaPhone
2022-12-16, 07:24 AM
Lisa had taken a quick shower and had managed to comb her hair and changed into a pair of casual-dress jeans and shirt, her chestnut hair drawn over one side and groomed neatly. On the whole she thought she had done a pretty good job, as hope swelled within her that Mr Movie-Star looks would take her up on her offer.

What she was not expecting was a rapping upon her door. Curious, bottom lip jutted forward in surprise, she composed herself and moved to the front door, checking through the peep-hole and, if safe, opening the portal.

CardTrick
2022-12-16, 02:52 PM
Mildly swaying from side-to-side as he waits outside Lisa door, Deacon considers simulating a text message to further announce himself but his stomach distracts him with a rumble, not-so-subtly reminding him that the everything bagel he'd snagged this morning was no longer doing the trick. Hopefully the river monster or whatever it was wouldn't take up too much time.

When the door then opens and it is fairly obvious that Lisa had only just put herself together for something that probably didn't involve tussling in poluted river water, Deacon's facial features immediately scrunch into an sorely apologetic expression, "Yeah... umm... there's a thing, down at the river."

BananaPhone
2022-12-16, 11:33 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/8zgPcyny/828f7f2114c02c46ac1d969010faf86d.jpg Lisa/Fury

Lisa already had a sinking feeling in her chest when she saw his fish-eye-lens image in the peephole of her door. Closing her eyes and sighing, she told herself maybe the kid just wanted to run something by her or...something else innocent. Surely he wasn't going to be the grim reaper of her social life...

Opening the door, offering a pleasant smile, "Hey Deacon! What's up?" she asked.

Then she found out what was indeed, up.

Immediately her shoulders shrunk a little.

"Excuse me, sugar..." she uttered, closing the door for a second. The door, with its heavy wooden and nicely decorated frame was sound-proof enough so that the ensuing "Son. Of. A. Bitch! Why now?!" was muffled to barely audible levels.

A moment later, the door opened once more and Lisa stood there smiling, nodding. "Right, yes, the river! Let's go! I'll just quickly make a stop first, I promise just ten seconds!" she assured.

If the kid allowed her to indulge this seeming whim, as the pair were departing her apartment complex Lisa dashed across the street to the Cinnabon's, bought one of the delicious pastry treats and attached her phone number and a sorry note to it, described the man to the cashier and asked that she had it over to him.

With that minute-long distraction done, Lisa would hurry back, nodding, "Yup! Totally, let's go!"

Phantom Genius
2022-12-17, 06:07 AM
Tomorrow's Headline: Three Killed as So-Called "Hero" Stops to Flirt. Could They Have Been Saved?

I'm kidding. The Post is only occasionally that brutal. I'm waiting to see if Bug grabs some food also before he Carrier Waves them to the crime scene in progress. Also, how far away from the water's edge do you land? Lisa can certainly say "closer" or "not so close!" Something is definitely forming at the water's edge and firing globs of polluted water at the onlookers.

CardTrick
2022-12-17, 02:16 PM
Still getting used to the dynamics of being on an grown up superteam, Deacon shrugs, not wanting to rock the proverbial boat, "Uhh... sure, I guess. "

As Lisa was apparently indulging in a sweet tooth emergency of some kind, Deacon takes the moment to 'suit up' in the alley around the corner from the eatery, giving his teammate a thumbs up when they eventually come back and he can fly them off to the river.

*Deacon is an undergrad college student dealing with D.C. cost of living, his eventual next meal will probably be either sitting in on a campus group gathering for some free sandwiches or pizza (also 100% how he got his everything bagel this morning), or getting whatever his meal plan happens to cover*

BananaPhone
2022-12-17, 09:53 PM

Jogging up to 'Bug' in the alley way, seeing he had 'suited up', so to speak, Lisa nodded and held her arms out. She grabbed the kid around the shoulders from behind, latching onto him and pointing up to the sky.

"Hi-ho Silver - awaaay!"

Phantom Genius
2022-12-18, 05:47 AM
The kid behind the counter looks at Lisa and then the phone number and starts to get the wrong idea, but then registers her request. "Oh, uh, I guess. You uh don't seem the type to eat big gobs of carbs." Lisa finds that to be some of the most awkward and pitiful flirting she's ever heard, but she thinks there's a 50/50 chance that he might do as she asked.

The flight to the river is quick and almost thrilling (especially if Lisa has never ridden the Carrier Wave before.) How far away from the water do you land and how much time does Lisa need to become Fury?

BananaPhone
2022-12-18, 06:03 AM

Lisa would be lying if she said she didn't have a fantastic time literally flying across town.

"Woohoo!" she laughed and grinned, the wind billowing her dark hair out behind her as she gripped around Bugs shoulders/collar with one arm.

"Yeeee-haww!!"

Where they landed though was up to the kid, as he was the one flying. Lisa pointed out some spots that where near the frothing river, but it was ultimately his decision.

CardTrick
2022-12-18, 04:03 PM
Deacon doesn't comment about Lisa's apparent first flight excitement, as it wasn't that uncommon a response. Though he does kind of hope he's staying high enough that the gleeful implications of him being some kind of pony are not reaching anyone's ears.

Once the pair reaches the distrubance in the river, Deacon circles over an area closer to the ground by the river and noting Arcane wasn't anywhere in sight activates his predictive powers, "You can hop off wherever you want, I'm going to stay up here and get out over the water; give whatever this thing is a target away from people.", briefly calling back over his shoulder as he glides off, "Oh and, just so you know... you uh... don't actually need to hold on... so long as you stay inside the umm... shimmery bit you're fine."

*Guess he'll activate Danger Sense too.*

BananaPhone
2022-12-18, 07:45 PM

When Lisa touched down on the pavement, she gently took her shoes off and put them aside and out of sight. Those things were expensive. The clothes she could replace easily enough, but the shoes? No no no.

Drawing her shirt off, revealing the black, hex-patterned form-hugging suit beneath, she kept her eyes scanning the area before she moved over to the river, trying to spot the concentration of frothing, bubbling brew.

Phantom Genius
2022-12-20, 08:47 AM
Bug: Your Danger Sense is SCREAMING at you. The rippling and frothing river is firing hydraulic blasts at the people on the shore. Some people are already unconscious and lying in a puddle of water. Others have been launched into the parking lot. Since you can't be surprised and I'm about to roll initiative, please declare what your actions will be and roll any Dodge, Evade, Block, or multiple attack options.

Fury: You don't have the aerial view, but you have eyes. The person facedown in six inches of water a few feet from you will drown any moment if someone doesn't act. As you reach for them, a fleeing man grabs your arm and tries to lead you to "safety." Breathlessly, he says only, "Come ON!!!"

You also hear someone yell, "It's Bug! He'll save us!" At least someone's popularity is strong around here.

BananaPhone
2022-12-20, 08:50 AM

Lisa thought the civilian heroics were sweet, but she had to act.

"I'm fine sweetie - go!" Lisa yelled back over the noise, easily ungrappling herself with a few twists and turns of her body to reach down and grab the person in water and haul them from the watery grave.

ooc:
Using her Martial Arts ability in a reverse grapple to 'un'grapple herself and rescue the drowning person.

CardTrick
2022-12-20, 11:33 PM
Deacon lets out a concerned and clearly annoyed grunt as the river creature fires upon random bystanders, "Hey... uh... water weirdo... on your six!", and with a barrage of microwave energy blasts, makes the water around whatever it is beneath the surface sizzle, attempting to draw its fire on himself and away from civilians.

OOC: Bug's initial declared action is taking the Dodge action along with using the Lure tactic, the above described blasts are not attacks just descriptions of how he'd trying to goad the creature his way.

Phantom Genius
2022-12-21, 08:01 AM
The wet whatever fires a blast into the sky somewhere near Bug. It holds its form for over a hundred feet before coming apart and falling to the ground as simple river water. Fury sees this as do the many observers that got away. Cell phones start to come out and point toward the action.

Both of you please declare actions for Round 2 and roll any Dodge, Block, Evade, etc. I will roll initiative, remembering Bug's effective Monstrous Intuition.

Phantom Genius
2022-12-27, 07:35 AM
Hope you all had a good holiday. Ready to get back into it?

BananaPhone
2022-12-29, 04:28 PM

Lisa's eyes widened as she stared up at whatever that...thing was, before it collapsed down from its great height into a seemingly amorphous river that writhed for only moments.

Inhaling, reaching her mind into the earth, Lisa drew upon the minerals and soil buried beneath the pavement, her control over the crust of the planet surging the matter forward to pierce through the pavement and coil around the creature...

CardTrick
2022-12-30, 04:38 PM
Deacon is glad that whatever it was attacking people beneath the river's surface had diverted its attention his way, but is less enthusiastic at the number of bystanders who had chosen not to evacuate in favor of making Instragrams, Youtube videos, and like. Still, it presented an opportunity. After all, Deacon didn't want to start blindly attacking whatever it was firing at him from beneath the water only for it surface as some poor local engineering student's malfunctioning submarine or some other such silliness. Though it was hard for him to tell for sure, it seemed like Fury was exercising similar caution.

Sleightly drifting to the side in the air so the reckless civilians trying to get video of him are also pointing their smartphones in the direction of the thing firing at him, Bug reaches out his mind to usurp control over the devices from them. While he does this, a cartoonish, anthropomorphic red scarab character appears on all of their screens with its wings flapping open to reveal the text reading: *Sorry To Bug You, But Please Evacuate Immediately* and the insectiod toon giving them two comically oversized thumbs ups.

Phantom Genius
2023-01-04, 06:31 AM
While AGR-01 is setting up for a new painting, Bolt is mentally sketching the next improvement for their battle suits. Webs? Harpoon? SPF 100? But he quickly suits up and they fly out together.

Combat Round 2:
Heroes win initiative.
Fury, very light on her feet, prepares for another blast to come shooting out of the water and smacks that general area with hundreds of pounds of earth.
Bolt and AGR-01 arrive on the scene, within thirty feet of Bug, to confer with him on the situation.
Bug, his Danger Sense unrelenting, turns to the crowd and suddenly there is a chorus of "Awww," "What the..." and even a "Come on, BUG!"
Villain turn: The river water roils and surges upward, taking the shape of a fifty-foot tardigrade and swallows Bug whole. It's hard to hear if he screams over the whooooosh of the water, the screams of the crowd, and the exhaust of the rocket boots.
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/water-bear-or-tardigrade-science-photo-library.html

Round 3:
Please state if you plan to dodge (a ranged attack), evade (a hand-to-hand attack, but you do it instead of attacking,) or just move and attack.

MutantDragon
2023-01-04, 09:50 PM
AGR-01, upon seeing Bug engulfed by the water-creature, swooped in to save the young hero through raw strength.

If possible, AGR-01 will attempt to pull Bug free from the water-creature. If you want me to stick just to typical dodge, evade, or attack actions, he'll instead attempt to bludgeon it with his fists.

paradox26
2023-01-05, 12:27 AM
Bolt watches in horror as Bug is engulfed and seemingly eviscerated. He feels the bile rise in his throat, but fights it down as he prepares to step up and fight the creature, whatever it is.

"I am not sure if my powers are going to be of much use against a water creature. But maybe I can fry it into steam. Worth a try, I guess," he says as he moves in to blast the creature with his fire powers.

He focuses his rage into a ball in his center, then launches a spray of flames into the water where the creature seems to be emanating from.

Bolt will move into range of his fire bolts, then will launch an attack using his fire powers.

BananaPhone
2023-01-07, 11:24 PM

Lisa ran back from the area, her eyes up at the thing as the thousands of pounds of dirt she had produced churned at the floor beneath it.

Moving back, she threw her attention back to the unearthed and exposed dirt, grabbing it all wit her mind and yanking it upwards to splatter inside the water creature with the hope of turning it into a viscous mud or clay - something that could be physically harmed instead of nearly insubstantial water.

Phantom Genius
2023-01-11, 07:12 AM
Heroes lose initiative.

The "tardigrade" attempts to swat AGR-01 out of the sky with a brutal tsunami of river water but misses horribly.

The heroes working together like a well-oiled machine retaliate:
Fury fills the water with dirt, slowing the monster and converting much of it to mud. Bolt then blasts it with roaring gouts of flame, damaging the mud monster and hardening it in place. AGR-01 finally smashes a huge chunk out of it and it reels backwards, unbalanced and partially broken.

There is no cry of pain or look of confusion, so their instincts tell the heroes that this "monster" may be controlled water, not an entity of its own.

Round 4 actions and rolls?

MutantDragon
2023-01-12, 05:10 PM
Pausing for a moment to consider this new information, AGR-01 concludes that it will be unable to locate the water-monster's animating force while it is still a threat. Additionally concluding that forming another monster would A) end this one's animation and B) take some amount of time and effort, the heroic computer concludes that the most efficient course of action for it to pursue at this time is to pacify the water, or, it supposed, mud, monster in front of it. To that end, the machine dubbed by the media as "The Angry One" releases a particle spray intended to reduce the animated liquid to a more manageable size.

AGR-01 is using his diminution spray.

paradox26
2023-01-15, 06:54 AM
Bolt sees that his attack has been effective, alongside those of his companions. So, now that the creature is turned mostly to mud, he thinks he may be able to continue to damage it with his firebolts. He moved behind where he thinks its front is, and throws out his hand, launching a gush of flame straight at the beast.

Launch Fire attack at the monster. [roll0]

BananaPhone
2023-01-17, 11:23 AM

Watching the "creature" taking on the fibrous nature of the soil and dirt, its once liquid form hardening into something...punchable, Fury drew her shoulders up, exhaled and closed her eyes as she filled her own head with images that really pissed her off.

"God damn rent prices in this stinking swamp town I can't believe how ridiculously high they're getting...rw.....arrrg...ARGHH!" her body twisting and contorting; her trim and fit figure elongating, limbs extending, her skin hardening and darkening...

OOC:
Spending a turn to assume her Fury form.

Phantom Genius
2023-01-19, 07:55 AM
Heroes win initiative.

As Fury grows and contorts into her ferocious Fury form, AGR-01 shrinks the blackened and battered mudigrade to 12.5% of its original size. Bolt blasts it with sheets of flame and it loses most of its integrity. You wonder for a second where Bug might be in that shrunken, crispy mess, but then suddenly a waterspout erupts from the river and envelops Bolt, thrashing him around in its tornadic grasp. He will need to make an Intuition roll to figure out which way is up and an Escape roll (with a 2CS bonus for rocket boots.)

Everyone please declare your actions. I'm assuming Bolt will try to escape, but he might surprise me.

*A waterspout is a tornado on the water. Or something like that.

paradox26
2023-01-20, 04:17 AM
Bolt is startled by being engulfed by the water. He decides it is better to escape immediately, rather than fight from within, in case he can't get free later. He activates his rocket boots in his armour, and tries to launch straight up into the air.

Bolt will try to escape by flying into the air. I assume it is a percentage roll. [roll0]

MutantDragon
2023-01-20, 11:20 PM
AGR-01, after observing his ally be absorbed by the creature, slowly comes to a realization: this animated mass of material is probably solid enough to move, at least to some degree. Secondarily, the computer has a developing theory that the thing will lose integrity, cease animation, or at least be somewhat less annoying to deal with if it is separated from the main body of water it was created from. Additionally, the machine silently admits, he was fond enough of Bolt that he didn't want to risk bludgeoning him in a standard attack, especially now that the overall space within the water-mud-beast was so majorly reduced...though that admission brings with it guilt that he hadn't considered this when it came to Bug. Shrugging off these private thoughts, AGR-01 acts upon his new plan and rockets forward to grab hold of his foe.

AGR-01 is attempting to initiate wrestling with the "creature". [roll0]

BananaPhone
2023-01-26, 07:53 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ba/51/2d/ba512de7109d46474437a134f0d4cd0d.jpg Lisa/Fury

Lisa's form went from fit young woman, to towering, red-skinned and brimming with fury. Her over-shirt had been discarded to reveal the black, stretchable material underneath that hugged her figure, as Fury panted and gasped at the end of her transformation and threw those wild golden eyes about her as if a new consciousness had also entered that body: it spotted the hardened mud-monster.

With enough control to discern between friend and foe, Fury let out a loud bellowing roar that could be felt as much as heard, depending on how close one was, before hurling herself forward into a terrifyingly fast sprint that would end with her collision against the beast.

Phantom Genius
2023-01-30, 07:05 AM
Additionally, the machine silently admits, he was fond enough of Bolt that he didn't want to risk bludgeoning him in a standard attack, especially now that the overall space within the water-mud-beast was so majorly reduced

That's not exactly right. A waterspout rose up from the river, not from the mudigrade. But Angry's logic still somewhat holds and he can try to stop the visible threat, even if it doesn't act like it's controlling the waterspout.

Phantom Genius
2023-01-30, 07:24 AM
Heroes win initiative.

AGR-01 and Fury both charge the shrunken, blackened, mud-filled monstrosity. AGR-01 gets naught but wet and muddy. (That new suit is going to need serious dry cleaning!) Fury lands a nasty blow and the creature collapses and crumbles back into the river. There is no sign of Bug here, but perhaps he will burst out of the river at 12.5% of his previous size at any moment.

Bolt was spun around so badly that he's not sure which way is up, but blasts out of the waterspout somewhat upwardly and somewhat more out over the river. The crowd goes wild and applauds...and then gasps and starts to retreat as a Tidal Wave, that wasn't there a moment ago, rises up and slams down on Fury and AGR-01, pulling them into the river.

AGR-01 takes ten points of damage after his armor. Fury takes none, but drowning is a real possibility.

Actions?

paradox26
2023-02-03, 04:03 AM
Bolt comes out of the water and immediately realises he is not upright. He flips over in midair, trying to right himself, then moves out a little further away, to near the limits of his fire powers. He then launches another blast of flame at the water...thing, trying carefully to avoid those who have been engulfed in the water.

Bolt will launch another fire attack, since that is pretty much all he is capable of in combat. [roll0] Fire Attack roll.

MutantDragon
2023-02-05, 10:25 AM
"This is getting nowhere," the living computer thinks. They were going to need to find the animating force and soon. Otherwise, this was all going to be futile effort that leads only to their own deaths. Heh. "Death." Not really the case for him, is it? Just the destruction of a drone. His main computer would live on. Odd, how he's come to think of this remote body as such a large part of himself. Still, the humans, if they can still be called that, have no such advantages. If this carries on, they may well end up dead. AGR-01 cannot allow that to happen. Still, there's little he can do about it while trapped in the water, so he fires up his rockets and tries to grab Fury before bursting out of the water.

AGR-01 is trying to escape the water and, if at all possible, take Fury with him. [roll0]

BananaPhone
2023-02-07, 07:46 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ba/51/2d/ba512de7109d46474437a134f0d4cd0d.jpg Lisa/Fury

Fury's towering figure was washed back into the river, hollering and howling her rage at the walls of water dragged her thrashing figure under the surface.

Roars muffled by the suffocating water, Fury instinctively reached out and slammed around with her large, powerful hands, doubtless in an attempt to propel her upwards towards a source of air and out of the river.

Phantom Genius
2023-02-16, 06:56 AM
Heroes win initiative.

Fury uses her mighty strength to propel herself out of the water and back onto the shoreline, spitting up dirty water as she goes. Bolt blasts the entire area with flame, not doing any real damage, but turning the water in the area into super-heated steam which reduces all visibility to a few feet. (He loses sight of Fury and does not see AGR-01 either.)

AGR-01 tries to grab Fury and rocket out, but gets flipped over by the churning water and takes another ten points of damage.

Strangely, there are no new waves or waterspouts this turn.

Next turn's actions?

paradox26
2023-02-19, 01:31 AM
Bolt decides that his fire isn't doing any real damage to the water thing. So he figures the best thing he can do is to try to rescue his companions. He launches down into the water and tries to grab Fury where he last saw her, then to reverse course and launch back out of the water again.

Not sure what I will need to roll for this, so I will just make a roll and you can apply it as needed. [roll0]

MutantDragon
2023-02-19, 05:27 PM
Well that was humiliating. Or it would be, if AGR-01 actually cared about that sort of thing. Which he doesn't. At all. I mean, why would he? That's just and illogical thing the organics worry about. He is beyond such petty things. Totally. Regardless, it is still abundantly clear that this drone will be destroyed if it spends much longer in this blasted water. So, gearing up for round two and trying to avoid any embarrassment he totally cannot feel, The Angry One boots up his rocket jets and attempts once more to free himself from the Dihydrogen Monoxide that seems intent on his destruction.

AGR-01 essentially attempts to do what he did last time, except without trying to locate and grab Fury. [roll0]

BananaPhone
2023-02-19, 07:18 PM

Plumes of bubbles exited from Fury's mouth as the red woman thrashed about...at first. Seeing she was getting nowhere, and seeing her companion was struggling, Fury reached out and...grabbed him by the leg.

She sunk just far enough for her feet to touch the bottom of the river, then she 'squatted' down and launched both herself and her friend up and, hopefully, out of the river...

Phantom Genius
2023-02-28, 07:21 AM
AGR-01's rocket boots make an odd clunking sound and sputter out at the bottom of the river. This seems like the end of our beloved hero until suddenly the red giant spots the disturbance and pulls the drone to the surface. Bolt tries to pull her out, but comes up empty handed.

The river then recedes away from the heroes and starts to rise into the air. If it slams back down on them, it will cause massive destruction to them and everything around them.

Please declare your actions for next round. F&A are at the water's edge. B is flying above them, but low enough to be crushed under this looming tidal wave.

paradox26
2023-03-01, 01:22 AM
Having no success at saving his companion, and seeing the tidal wave about to come down upon them, Bolt launches himself straight upwards in an act of self preservation. After all, he can't save anyone if he is sunk beneath the waves.

Not sure what I need to roll, but here is a roll you can use for whatever roll you decide on. [roll0]

BananaPhone
2023-03-01, 01:23 AM

Her eyes flashing around in anger, her hair saturated, Fury bellowed out as her mind reached subconsciously into the earth around them...

MutantDragon
2023-03-01, 05:02 PM
That's not good. Well, at least the being known as Fury saved AGR-01 from further damage at that particular time. Though, really, if that wave comes crashing down on him, it will likely be something of a moot point. Though, silently, the machine admits to a certain level of fascination with this animated water. Certainly whatever is controlling it must be powerful. Another soon to be moot point, the computer supposed. Or was it? How much power could be channeled into their watery destruction? How much water could be wielded against them? How quickly could the control expand? That last question seemed very interesting at the moment. How much water would come rushing towards them if the current volume was suddenly and drastically reduced? Reduced to, say, 12.5%? There was only one way to find out. So, of course, the experiment must be run. For science, of course.

AGR-01 will attempt to fly above the soon-to-be-wave and hit it with his diminution spray. [roll0]

Phantom Genius
2023-03-04, 02:12 AM
This would be a terrible time to lose initiative. Either the tidal wave smashes down on the party, crushing two of them and maybe drowning the third, or it's reduced to 12.5 % of its size and flows into a hole as Bolt soars above it.

Let's see, true believers, if the dice favor heroism or death:
Heroes - 5 (+ 4 from Fury's bonus) => 9
Villain - Natural 1

Bolt soars above the scene, providing him with a fabulous view as AGR-01 shrinks the huge wave to a laughable 12.5% of its previous size and most of it drops into a large hole.

The wave tries to rise up out of the hole and splash Fury, but she is unmoved and unimpressed. :frown:

The bystanders laugh out loud.

Please declare your actions for next round.

MutantDragon
2023-03-04, 09:33 PM
That was satisfying. After getting tossed around earlier, it felt good to show that water who's boss. Erm...that is...this completely non-emotional computer had decided that...uh...the optimal outcome for that action had been achieved? Yeah, something like that. In any case, the machine senses a bit of a respite to figure out what's going on, and decides to reflect on all prior data from this fight, similar events in the past, current patterns in the water, and whatever else a sentient computer might think of to determine exactly what is controlling the water, and, perhaps more importantly, where that controlling force is located.

Essentially, AGR-01 is attempting to find out where the controlling force of the homicidal waves is located. Probably either a Reason or Intuition roll, right? Either way, the roll is 1d100.

Edit: Take two on the roll. 1d100

Take three?
1d100 Welllll...gosh.

BananaPhone
2023-03-08, 10:22 PM

Fury narrowed her eyes as the tip of a wave rose out of that hole and engulfed her briefly - her black hair saturated back down her shoulders and back as her rib cage heaved in and out with her long, angry breaths.

Throwing her vision around, Fury searched for the source of this rivers animation, while reaching into the earth to collapse it over the hole, burying the water underground.

paradox26
2023-03-12, 01:57 AM
Bolt watches the water collapse into the hole. Once Fury has covered it over with earth, he uses his fire blast to try to turn the dirt into glass, hardening the soil until the water cannot escape and renew its attack. His fire blasts out from his hands, as he lowers himself closer to the ground so that he can better and more fully torch the ground.

Bolt will descend closer to the ground, then will use his fire bolts to try to sear the ground into glass. [roll0]

Phantom Genius
2023-03-16, 05:37 AM
AGR-01 spots a figure near the edge of the Key Bridge in blue/green spandex, holding a trident and wrapped in a sheath of water. (Four areas away)

Fury does not see the figure, but sees, through the mud in her eyes, a large troll underneath the bridge, arms outstretched, perhaps about to throw the bridge at her. She also fails to get the earth to do exactly what she wants.

Bolt torches the area, but only creates more steam and some glass. The animated wave is now a puddle at best. He is also standing next to Fury.

Actions for next turn?

BananaPhone
2023-03-16, 05:44 AM

Fury's eyes widen and then narrow as her huge figure spots the troll underneath the bridge - his arms waving about.

"RAAGGHH!!' she bellows out ferociously, her towering figure leaping forward, sprinting and hopping to bridge the distance between them as she drew her right hand up to smash right into its face.

MutantDragon
2023-03-16, 07:49 AM
Bingo! If the strange figure with a trident and water sheath wasn't behind this, nothing was. AGR-01's voice modulators pitch up enough to be heard by all and say "There! Atop the bridge! Focus your attention on that entity!" With that being said, AGR-01 turns his thrusters to the max and shoots towards his opponent, quickly closing the distance. He then launches a fist towards the figure, hoping to end this situation with his strength before any innocents are harmed.

AGR-01 has TY flight which allows him to clear up to 6 areas on a given turn. He's then making a slugfest attack, so [roll0]

paradox26
2023-03-19, 01:57 AM
Bolt looks at where AGR-01 is pointing. He sees the figure, and immediately flies closer. Once he gets within range, he launches a firebolt at the figure, hoping that its water abilities and shielding won't disrupt the fire attack. He throws both hands out in front of him, pointing his hands and fingers at the target, and with a force of will, he launches the fire attack.

Fly closer to the target, then launch a firebolt. [roll0]

Phantom Genius
2023-03-22, 04:59 AM
The heroes win initiative again.

Fury begins moving quickly toward the bridge and, although hearing AGR-01 broadcast a different opponent, is fully prepared to smash the rusty-brown troll she saw from a distance. She travels three of the four areas, given her Incredible Endurance, and can now see that there is a rusty, iron bridge support with a graffiti monster on it taunting her... or maybe just holding up the bridge. She is one area from the bridge now, so she could move and attack next turn if she were to target the trident wielder.

AGR-01 and Bolt launch themselves toward the bridge; Bolt stopping short to blast the enemy with fire before AGR-01 can throw a mighty punch. But the blast misses and the enemy begins mocking his heroism, his aim, and even his manhood. "You point a flamethrower at the Mighty Mississippi? I have the power of a river god! I will pummel you, drown you, and then spike your body on the Capitol Spire!"

AGR-01 also misses the target, but receives a much more "pointed" response - a trident impaled in the leg, pumping cold water through his circuits, trying to short him out. (Twenty more damage after the armor.)

Please declare your actions for the next turn if you aren't out of health points.

MutantDragon
2023-03-22, 07:21 PM
Ow. One more hit like that and this drone will be close to completely shorting out. But I can't just let this foolishly named superhuman hurt people, though the machine. No, there is really only one option at this point: fight until one of the two sides is unable to. So, with that, the machine launched a fist towards "Mighty Mississippi's" face.

BananaPhone
2023-03-22, 08:11 PM

Landing near the commotion, Fury's animalistic movements launched her forward as she closed the final distance in just a few long strides. Upon contact, she reached up and grabbed the trident-wielding woman and brought her own foot forward like a hooking blade, muscle-memory taking over to slam them over backwards (https://youtu.be/c-A_nP7mKAc?t=4)...

paradox26
2023-03-29, 04:46 AM
Bolt realised that the river god was right, and that he could not harm him in any meaningful way. But he saw his companion fighting the river god, and so he decided to continue the attack anyway, in hopes of distracting it to help his comrades, if nothing else.

Fly to range of river god, then blast it with flames. [roll0]

Phantom Genius
2023-04-11, 03:59 AM
The heroes win initiative again.

Working with fine-tuned precision, the heroes all connect with their individual attacks. The water sheath protects Mighty Mississippi well and reduces the damage from each attack, but they are taking their toll on her health total. In response and maybe in desperation, she points her trident at Fury and says, "Begone!" A powerful spray of water appears out of nowhere and blasts her in the face.

Fury please roll an Endurance FEAT.

paradox26
2023-04-15, 04:09 AM
Bolt moves around behind the river god, then launches another blast of fire, hoping it will have at least some effect.

Move behind god, then launch firebolt. [roll0]

MutantDragon
2023-04-15, 09:00 PM
Dialing up his excellent banter programs, AGR-01 exclaims, "If at any point you wish to surrender, speak up. Until then, the beatings will continue. That is all." He then throws another punch while silently thanking Fury for taking the brunt of the villain's attack.

Just another slugfest roll. [roll0]

Phantom Genius
2023-04-19, 04:00 AM
The water is choking and almost blinding, but does not blast Fury off of the bridge and into the river.

Fury, go ahead and declare for next round. Also, please roll another END feat, in case you lose initiative and get blasted again.

paradox26
2023-04-22, 03:04 AM
Bolt continues to blast fire at the river god, in hopes of distracting him if nothing else.

[roll0] Blast fire

BananaPhone
2023-04-22, 07:01 AM

"RARRRGHHH!" Fury bellows from deep within, her hair becoming saturated and her face clenching in irritated rage as her arms come up to protect her against the worst of the water blast, before they swing viciously to put the water sorceress out of comission.

Phantom Genius
2023-04-25, 05:35 AM
Villain wins initiative.

Mighty Mississippi adjusts her attack angle slightly and blasts Fury again. This time, Fury is launched off of the bridge and deep under the water, gasping for air (or raging in frustration.) (If you can make a yellow Agility FEAT, you can cancel your planned action and do something else.)

Mighty Mississippi then turns toward AGR-01 and spits, "You're next, tin man! They will be finding pieces of you for decades!"

Both of your attacks hit, AGR-01 and Bolt, weakening her further.

MutantDragon
2023-04-26, 08:14 PM
Oh ****. Well, by his own calculations, AGR-01 will be able to take one more hit like the ones he's been taking without going down. The one after that will result in a catastrophic failure of the current drone body. Nevertheless, the machine stands resolutely before his foe, never letting his mental calculations show as he winds back for another blow.

Another slugfest attack. [roll0]

paradox26
2023-04-27, 04:42 AM
Bolt sees Fury go underwater, and figures the best thing he can do is to continue to blast the river god with fire, since that seems to be weakening it at least a little. He throws out his arms and points at the god, then launches a blast of flame at it.

Send firebolt at the river creature. [roll0]

BananaPhone
2023-04-29, 09:05 PM

Lisa bellows and roars as the water jet impacts her right in the chest, hooking the towering, red anger monster off her feet. She swung out with her fists, grasping with fingers, but all she caught was water as she sailed backwards and into the water.

However, submergence in a coolant did little to diminish the her hot temper, as Fury writhed about in the lake to return her baring's. Planting her feet against the floor, Fury either squats and then leaps out of the river and back to the sorceress, or sprints as fast as she can back to her enemy.

Phantom Genius
2023-05-05, 04:40 AM
The heroes win initiative.

AGR-01 misses, almost comedically, causing a chuckle from Mighty Mississippi.
Bolt lights up the area with fire and notes that Mighty Mississippi's trident is glowing white-hot and her face is almost as red as Fury's. Her water sheath is almost completely gone as well.
Fury fails her swim check, so makes no progress returning to melee this turn, but is not drowning yet.

Mighty Mississippi misses mightily with her swing against AGR-01. Perhaps chuckling would be an appropriate response from him.

Please declare actions for the next turn.

paradox26
2023-05-06, 03:20 AM
Bolt realises that he is finally managing to make some progress against the river goddess. He sees that the others are having little fortune against her, and that they need him to help distract the goddess from attacking them. He decides the best thing he can do is to continue doing what he was doing already, launching firebolts to distract her and cut through her protective sheets of water. He throws a hand out, launching a blast of fire at Mighty Mississippi yet again.

[roll0] attack with firebolt.

MutantDragon
2023-05-11, 04:55 PM
AGR-01, unfazed by the mockery, though silently pleased by the matching fumble of his opponent, adjusts his aim and throws another punch, hopefully to better effect, especially now the villain's defenses seemed to be falling.

[roll0]

BananaPhone
2023-05-12, 01:12 AM

Fury roars into the bubbling swathes of water clashing about her, her towering, enreddened figure thrashing about in search of solid ground to launch herself from.

ooc:
Actions: Trying to find solid ground or swim, back up to Mighty Mississippi and sock her.

Phantom Genius
2023-05-19, 02:40 AM
Villain wins initiative.

Mighty Mississippi continues taunting the two heroes flying around the bridge. "You fools! DC will fall! There is nothing you can do to save this city! Gah! MY HAND!" With that final exhalation, she releases the white-hot trident at AGR-01, perhaps hoping that he will be fried and Fury will be drowned, leaving only Bolt to be dealt with. But her plans continue to falter as the trident flies wide and disappears over the edge of the bridge. Even worse, AGR-01 smashes a fist into her skull as Fury leaps from the river and slams her in the chest. She falls unconscious at their feet, with neither one able to definitively claim the fatal blow. (Bolt missed, but we won't hold that against him.)

You may take a moment to catch your breath, look around, taunt her, etc. I can give you more information afterwards, certainly.

paradox26
2023-05-21, 05:26 AM
Bolt carefully lowers himself to the ground, his jet suit dropping him gently to the ground besides Mississippi. He studies her for a moment, then simply says, "I have never killed a goddess before. It is a strange feeling." He then goes to check on the others to make sure they are all alright.

MutantDragon
2023-05-23, 11:22 AM
AGR-01 is banged up. His drone is dented, scuffed, has holes in it, and possibly has wire sticking out. After dialing down the pain receptors and running a self-diagnostic, the AI is pleased to find no vital systems were destroyed during the battle. All systems operational. With that done, AGR-01 does a quick survey of the scene to asses the damage and locate any civilians who still require assistance.

paradox26
2023-05-24, 04:37 AM
Bolt stands back over Mississippi's body. He decides that he can't have a life on his conscience, so he immediately leans down beside her and starts to provide first aid. Though he doesn't understand a river goddess's anatomy, he figures it is probably basically human, so he does for her what he would do for a human.

I am not sure what I need to roll for, so I will just make a general roll and you can assign it to a stat as necessary. [roll0]

BananaPhone
2023-05-24, 05:40 AM

Fury bellowed and roared over the downed almost-corpse of Mighty Mississippi, her powerful lungs almost blasting the area with sonic waves. Still fused with rage, the towering, red-skinned woman performed her intimidation pantomime before she slowly morphed down and lost height and width as Lisa's more personable image slowly melted into view.

Phantom Genius
2023-05-26, 11:45 PM
As Bolt "cools down" and Fury changes form, several bystanders rush up to thank them and clap them on the back for their extraordinary bravery. Bolt flips Mississippi over and clears the blood from her mouth. She may be in the hospital for a while, but she won't die here and now. (No roll necessary in MSH, although that flies against the Perter Parker/Uncle Ben origin story.)

Bug is still missing and Fury's clothes were washed away. (Her top and shoes. She's not suddenly naked.)

Phantom Genius
2023-05-31, 12:01 AM
Should I just keep going?

BananaPhone
2023-05-31, 06:48 AM

Lisa panted heavily as she drew herself up to her feet, her figure, thankfully, mostly covered by the highly stretchable lycra she wore underneath her clothes. Though...it wasn't the most modest of of outfits, it was better than tearing off her own clothes whenever she transformed into Fury. We work with what we have.

Breathing hard, recovering, hands on her hips as she peered across the area as she came to her senses, Lisa smiled and offered pleasant, polite smiles to the civilians who approached.

"No worries guys, just helping out!"

"Oh, you should see the other guy!"

"No one got killed, that's the important thing!"

She kept the PR up until the police, authorities and ambulances arrived to tend to any wounded, assess the damage and take Mississippi off to hospital, preferably where she couldn't wake up and drench the place.

paradox26
2023-06-01, 05:13 AM
Bolt studies his hands, from where the flames magically emanate. It is not the first time he has blasted flame at evildoers, but it never ceases to amaze him that he is capable of such a feat. And it is the first time he has nearly killed someone with his firebolts. He finds himself feeling mixed emotions about the fight. Part of him feels relief that such a powerful foe has been stopped, but part of him feels bad that he harmed her in stopping her. He ends up at a feeling of mild anger that she has forced him into such a position.

He walks over to the other two heroes, and nods respectfully at them. "That wasn't the easiest battle I have ever been a part of. It is fortunate we didn't have to kill her, don't you think?" he says to the other two heroes.

MutantDragon
2023-06-01, 08:38 PM
With no civilian casualties to deal with and all self-diagnostics taken care of, AGR-01 turned to the other heroes as Bolt approached. He replied to the flame-throwing hero's statement by saying "Affirmative. The lack of fatalities was a positive-" AGR-01 suddenly cuts himself off and stares off into space. Pause. It is important to note that it is literally impossible for the eyes on AGR-01's drones to widen. It is also important to note that, at this particular moment in time, they did.

Why?

"We forgot about Bug!"

AGR-01 turned around and rocketed back into the water to search for the presumably drowning hero.

AGR-01 is doing just what I said IC. Here's a roll if you need it. [roll0]

paradox26
2023-06-05, 05:09 AM
Unable to act beneath the water, Bolt takes flight and slowly moves above the spot where Bug disappeared. He slowly flies a grid search pattern in order to better the chances of finding Bug, though he can't see any signs of his erstwhile companion.

[roll0] A roll for whatever skill is appropriate for the moment.

BananaPhone
2023-06-06, 08:37 PM

"Yeah, I'd rather see what she has to say for herself!" Lisa responded to the prompt that it was better they didn't have to kill, or cripple, the water wielding sorceress.

At the mention of Bug, Lisa's senses returned to the scene. Where had that kid gotten to?

Lisa stretched her senses across the immediate area, trying to use her control over the earth to locate the downed-form of Bug, if he was in contact with it.

OOC:
Trying to use Earth Control to kind of 'sense' Bug (I know he's not there lol) if he's laying against the earth somewhere nearb, assumedly unconscious: [roll0]

Phantom Genius
2023-06-09, 10:10 PM
Two of the heroes have no luck in finding any trace of Bug and a jubilant victory takes a grim turn as rescue personnel help in the search. Fury overhears a DC cop say, "the bodies usually float back to the surface in 3-4 days," but surely that can't be the case here. Bug simply can't go out like that.

Bolt flies a technical pattern across and down the river and miraculously spots Bug's telltale chitinous shell. He calls in AGR-01 who dives in and finds the husk that is left after Bug reverts to his human form. There is no body here, however.

MM is handcuffed and sedated for good measure.

paradox26
2023-06-11, 04:48 AM
Bolt feels a sense of loss and even mild grief at the loss of Bug, though they were barely known to each other. He continues to search for the human body, though he doubts that he will find anything. As the cops said, the bodies tend to stay underwater and don't surface until well after it is too late to do anything to help them. He travels over to the others, and says, "It appears that the river goddess has scored at least one fatality. I don't know how many civilians she managed to take down on top of that."

MutantDragon
2023-06-11, 08:14 PM
AGR-01 paused beneath the water by the carapace. With a shake of his head he resolved to not give up so easily. What kind of hero would he be if he abandoned his efforts at the first sign of tragedy? Until he sees a corpse, he will operate under the assumption of life, no matter how unlikely it seems. And...if he truly is dead, Bug wouldn't want his body to be claimed by the river until floating up to traumatize passersby. Humans are funny like that. After a moment's deliberation, AGR-01 decides to rely on what he's best at: harnessing his vast computational abilities. In other words, he will calculate the most likely locations an unconscious or barely conscious person would end up, being sure to factor in general size, weight, starting position, and the location of the carapace (as well as any other relevant factors).

I'm assuming this'll be a reason feat. [roll0] I'll also commit to spend karma on the roll, especially since we'll each lose 50 karma anyway if we can't find him.

BananaPhone
2023-06-11, 08:33 PM

Lisa helped as best she could, using her earth moving powers to shift aside tracts of the ground or close up others. She had a look of desparation on her face as she did it, working with the others as best was able but...in the end, it wasn't enough.

Where is that little bastard? she thought to herself as she pulled aside another swathe of earth and formed it into another area.

If there was any consolation, it was that they couldn't find the body.

Phantom Genius
2023-06-15, 04:30 AM
AGR-01's computations (and some Karma) lead the heroes down river a short distance where the property damage is not quite as bad, although the local crew team is recovering on the riverbank after their practice turned into the Poseidon Adventure.

They find no Bug and no body, but there are some strange drag-marks leading out of the river, through the grass, and toward the sidewalk.

paradox26
2023-06-16, 04:40 AM
Bolt takes to the air, trying to get an elevated view of the area in order to locate Bug, or at least, Bug's body.

[/roll]1d100[/roll] FOr whatever roll you want made to find his body.

Phantom Genius
2023-06-21, 06:33 AM
Bolt flies off in the direction of the drag marks, but loses the trail somewhere in the parking lot.

Someone took Bug and fled the scene, it appears. What would everyone like to do next? The press would certainly like an in-depth interview that skews into questions about your personal lives shortly after the repeated unanswerable questions about Mighty Mississippi's motives.

paradox26
2023-06-24, 12:17 AM
Bolt tries his best to avoid the press, as giving interviews will negate the benefits of a secret identity. He follows Bug's trail as long as he can, then is forced to give up again when the body's trail disappears. Someone either put him in a vehicle or maybe flew him away. He turns to the others to see if they want to give any interviews. If not, he will gather with them and says, "So. What do we do now? Follow the river goddess to make sure she doesn't escape, or just head back to headquarters?"

MutantDragon
2023-06-26, 05:07 PM
Interesting. Who would have a motive to kidnap their teammate? These questions are pushed aside by the immediate and literal demands of the press. With an internal sigh, the machine decides to interact with the press for a brief time. So deciding, he tells his companions, "I shall interact with the media for the time being. As it seems unlikely that we will be able to ascertain where Bug was taken, I would recommend returning back to base and getting some rest after the conflict, though you are certainly free to do as you wish. I will return to base in approximately 30 minutes and commence efforts to locate Bug."

BananaPhone
2023-06-26, 11:48 PM

It was...disheartening to know that they couldn't find Bug. Where had the little bastard gone? He'd only been with them recently, but still? And no body? What had he faked his own death or something?

Lisa, looking visibly confused and a little out of it, her hands on her hips as she kept peering up and down the river-way as if expecting Bug to emerge at any second.

"Yeah...back to HQ..." she said almost absentmindedly, her thoughts clearly where the kid could've gone.

paradox26
2023-06-30, 03:08 AM
Bolt nods in acknowledgement to the suggestion. He has no desire to speak with the press himself, so he is happy to return to base, though it feels strange to be returning to base one person down. He feels the early stages of grief, now that the suddenness of his loss has worn off.

He says, "I will see you back at base then. I am heading straight back there now. We can come up with a plan to find Bug's body, assuming he hasn't just been fooling with us and faking his death. Though I sincerely doubt it, I hope that is possible at least."

WIth that, he launches into the air and flies back towards base, after taking a last, low and long sweep over the battle zone to see if he can find a sign of Bug.

Phantom Genius
2023-07-02, 11:43 PM
Bolt scoops up Fury (knowing that she can't fly and that Bug brought her here) and takes her back to base. They find the AGR supercomputer there waiting for them, recording the interview taking place on the bridge.

The reporters begin barraging AGR-01:
Who was the villain?
What did she want?
Did anyone die?
Why are you called AGR-01? Is there an 02?

MutantDragon
2023-07-04, 11:53 AM
With the press swamping him, AGR-01 did the only thing he could do: record each question in his memory and answer them in chronological order while staring into the soul of the reporter who asked the question being answered.

"The attacker identified herself as "Mighty Mississippi," and used what appeared to be a form of hydrokinesis and enhanced strength. No further information is known about her at this time."

"The subject's objectives are unknown at this time."

"I have witnessed no loss of life over the course of events."

"AGR stands for Automated Genetics Researcher. The -01 denotes my status as the first computer of my make. To my knowledge, there has never been a -02."

Phantom Genius
2023-07-12, 03:05 AM
The unrelenting assault continues:

Was she from Mississippi? Was she an anarchist? Civil War denier?
Were her powers from magic, tech or mutant?
Are you a robot? A Terminator? Do you intend to replace all of the other heroes with robots?
Does your damage hurt? Do you feel pain? Do you want revenge?
What is Fury really like? Would she sit down for an interview? Is she stronger than She-Hulk?
When did Bolt start flying? Is he fire-proof or could he accidentally burn himself? Is he dating Fury?

MutantDragon
2023-07-13, 03:12 PM
The unrelenting assault continues:

Was she from Mississippi? Was she an anarchist? Civil War denier?
Were her powers from magic, tech or mutant?
Are you a robot? A Terminator? Do you intend to replace all of the other heroes with robots?
Does your damage hurt? Do you feel pain? Do you want revenge?
What is Fury really like? Would she sit down for an interview? Is she stronger than She-Hulk?
When did Bolt start flying? Is he fire-proof or could he accidentally burn himself? Is he dating Fury?

Again, the machine looked to each reporter while answering in chronological order.

"No further details are known about the individual in question.

Refer back to my last answer.

I am a computer remotely controlling a robotic drone. I have no plans like those you mentioned, nor am I a time traveling cyborg bent on murdering people with the last name of Conner.

Damage to my drone does not register as pain in the sense that you know it. I am aware of the damage and its severity, but I don't actually feel anything from it. Not in a way you would understand, anyway. And, no, I have no interest in something as illogical as vengeance.

Fury is a hero. I mean that in the truest sense of the word. If you wish to learn more, talk to her yourself. That also includes interview scheduling. Contrary to popular belief, I am not a secretary."

The machine paused when looking at the last reporter, visibly tilting his head as if to say "Seriously?" After this pause, he finally says "Refer back to my last answer."

AGR-01 then turns and flys off back to base, faintly hoping his time-traveling cyborg comment won't be taken completely out of context later. It seems unlikely that his hope will bear fruit.

BananaPhone
2023-07-15, 08:21 AM

Eeermageeeerd!! The press - and I'm wearing garbage clothes!

Lisa was hiding a slight panic attack as they arrived upon the bridge, only to find a mob of the press swarming around them and wanting a post-battle interview. Lisa, for all of her red-rage might, looked like what she was: a late 20s/early 30s woman, a little wide-eyed, deer-caught-in-the-headlights lacing, and wearing the tattered remains of her clothes. Nothing scandalous, of course, she had a black, lycra suit beneath it for when she got tall, larger and juicer, but still. As the only woman in the group, she could already mentally imagine the scathing, smug chitter-chatter about her atrocious regalia, the insinuations already running across her skin like sharp needles.

And so, when the press semi-circled around her, phones flashing, Lisa just kept her head slightly down, offered glib and polite little smiles and moved away as best she could, waiting for a 'lift' back to their HQ and away from prying eyes...

Phantom Genius
2023-07-21, 03:19 AM
The reporters are all at the bridge and, in my vision, none of them know the location of your secret HQ. So maybe you can tweak, ever so slightly, the Fury response to being on the bridge, up until she left with Bolt.

Cool?

Phantom Genius
2023-07-28, 04:14 AM
The reporters continue peppering (and pestering) AGR-01 as he flies off into the night.
Bolt must have paid the water and electricity bills this month, because there is plenty of hot water for Fury's and Bolt's much-needed showers back at the base. (The water does not attack, but you may have a nightmare or two about that.)
The AGR-01 drone is pretty badly damaged but has plenty of time for repairs.
An internet search finds multiple clips of the AGR-01 interview, but no clues as to Bug's fate.
A day passes with no ransom demands and no body.
Another day passes. No news. No sightings.
A meme appears of AGR-01 chasing Sarah Conner. No one seems threatened by it.

paradox26
2023-07-31, 04:03 AM
Bolt leaves the headquarters periodically, hunting low level street thugs. He isn't really equipped to go after high level white collar criminals, so he goes after violent criminals who he can catch in the act. He also isn't really equipped to track down criminals who work undercover, so it is mostly simple hoodlums that draw his attention.

BananaPhone
2023-07-31, 08:07 PM

Back at their little HQ, Lisa indulged in a hot, bubble-bath with epsom salts. Her mind wandered to the fate of Bug, pondering where he could have run off to and why, particularly as now there was no sign of any body. Had he taken the chance to fake his own death or something? Did he want out of this lifestyle so bad?

The optimist within Lisa hoped that the kid had just returned to his normal life, having cast aside his caped persona in favour of normality.

Yes, that's what Lisa was going to tell herself. There was no body, no sign of death. There was no random note, no video tape from some villain cackling madly that they had him as their prisoner, nothing. So...perhaps he had just used it as the chance to return to a normal life. In that case, Lisa wished him best.

MutantDragon
2023-08-06, 11:52 AM
AGR-01 spends its time checking up on the drone's repairs, replaying footage from the attack, staying abreast of any new information on Mighty Mississippi, and looking into leads on where Bug might be found. When even the computer runs out of ways to look into those topics, he looks into any new discoveries in the field of genetics and starts work on a new art project: a cat and a beetle atop an impossibly tall mountain looking out across the curvature of the Earth.

Phantom Genius
2023-08-09, 03:38 AM
Bolt doesn't see much criminal activity on his patrols. His fiery arrivals allow most street criminals to simply hunker down and act normal until he passes overhead. He does easily stop a robbery from a local pharmacy where the thieves had blocked the alley with a staged accident, assuming the police wouldn't be able to catch them.

Fury thinks happy thoughts about Bug (and Arcane to some degree.) This life is a difficult one and this team can adapt as members go on solo missions or personal adventures (at least until a worldwide threat appears in DC.) The bath and the recovery do much for her sore muscles and reeling brain. She finds herself thinking of cinnamon rolls at some point, though.

AGR-01 initially finds nothing about Bug, but after a couple of days of searching, it locates a hit on the dark web. [The real location of Bug. What happened to DC's beloved hero.] Do you want to alert the rest of the team or keep poking around?

paradox26
2023-08-13, 04:35 AM
Realising at last that he is giving away his presence before arrival, he starts patrolling the city in a car or on foot, looking for signs of trouble that will allow him to reveal his armoured, flaming, form.

MutantDragon
2023-08-14, 09:16 AM
AGR-01, interest piqued, briefly notifies the others about what he's found before looking into it himself.

BananaPhone
2023-08-15, 06:48 AM

Lisa exhaled and smacked her hand against the padded mat as her body impacted against it; instinct, muscle memory and present reflexes rolling her body appropriately. Dressed in her gi, dark belt wrapped around her waist, the black-haired woman grinned as she lay there, eyes closed, exhaling and laughing softly before rolling over onto her front and up in a single motion. Her angular, pleasing features were slick with sweat and flushed red, her dark hair back in a loose ponytail as she wore that bright smile on her face and beheld the woman before her who had tossed her down upon the ground.

"Great! Well done; you're getting the hang of it," she complimented, reaching up to hold her right hand against the collar of the other womans gi and her left hand against her right-handed sleeve.

"Make sure you add in this pull motion first..." she demonstrated, using her right hand to tug the other woman forward just a little, "then push! And pull with this hand..." as she followed through with the reversal, the other woman stumbling slightly.

"See? It helps throw your opponent off balance; if they're a little off in their footing for even half a second you can use that; toss them or sweep the unstable foot - you can't rely on your opponent screwing up, you have to create your own openings and exploit them!"

Lisa grinned, genuinely happy with a smile across her face as she held the other woman appropriately by collar and sleeve, watching her make her efforts.

"Yes, like that - now, do it to me; I won't resist this time. Five practice runs then we'll do some randori - go!"

The world became a spinning blur for Lisa as she offered only basal resistance to the manoeuvre - her back soon hitting the floor, her free hand and arm smacking against it to absorb the impact, her smile from ear to ear.

"Yes - like that! You're doing great - four more!"

Phantom Genius
2023-08-18, 06:00 AM
Bolt, finding the streets to be rather quiet today, and Lisa, working up a sweat, both get subtle alerts on their phones. Not a 911, but maybe some 411.

AGR-01 follows the trail and gets to what appears to be a multi-page story about Bug's exploits and disappearance. The grammar is suspect and there are many, many ads - which is odd on the dark web.

BananaPhone
2023-08-23, 05:18 AM

Lisa was sweating gently, her face red and her gi soaking up the perspiration. After the session was over, she had moved over to her bag and towel, drawing her water bottle up and drinking greedily from it, she heard the alert on her phone. Digging through her possessions for the device, she brought it up and peered at the smart-screen, her eyebrow perking. 411s weren't good.

An hour or so later, a refreshed Lisa, still with duffel-bag over her shoulder, appeared into the little HQ, exhaling and muscles nice and warm from the hours of instruction and training she'd been doing.

paradox26
2023-08-24, 05:15 AM
Bolt ended his mostly pointless patrols when the message came through. He headed back towards the headquarters. He walked in, removing his overcoat that covered his armour, and which disguised him to some extent during his patrols. He removed the coat and placed it on a peg, then headed into the headquarters meeting room, where he would be able to see what was important enough to drag everyone in again from their activities.

Phantom Genius
2023-09-05, 04:05 AM
As the heroes reunite in the headquarters, AGR reports that it has found the coordinates for what appears to be the location of Bug and his kidnappers, based on an outgoing email to his parents that was found on the dark web. It's in a part of the forest of West Virginia with few roads and no major structures. AGR calculates it would take them three hours by car or 45 minutes by air.

paradox26
2023-09-11, 03:47 AM
Bolt considers the coordinates on the map, then says, "I think we should go by car. Bug may not be in any condition to be flown back with us after we free him, and he will be too heavy to simply carry the whole way." He checks his armour, then flicks a tiny fireball into the air to make sure that his natural powers are working properly, then he says, "I am ready to go if you are. Best we move quickly, lest he be relocated while we dither."

BananaPhone
2023-09-11, 09:36 AM

Lisa reclined in her plush, but functional leather chair and peered up at the display before them, perking an eyebrow as AGR-01 made his suggestion.

"Did you see any kidnappers there, at the river? Did they have any demands, any ransoms?" she asked, arms folded over her abdomen as she thought about it. No body, no kidnappers...initially Lisa had considered it as Bug's ideal time to 'break even', so to speak, to disappear and start life fresh. But kidnapped?

"Have we heard anything back about that crazy water woman yet? What her motives are? Did she stage it to try and kidnap a cape, but we got the better of her or something?"

More questions.

"If we're going to go..." she said, drawing her grande, frozen caramel drink with extra cream and fudge to her lips and taking a swill, before pointing to the display with her cup-wielding hand, index finger extended.

"How could we fly there?" she asked, "book a charter flight? Or road trip it?"

MutantDragon
2023-09-24, 03:54 PM
AGR-01 listens to his super heroic allies before speaking, "While no kidnappers were seen during the attack and I am unaware of any ransom demands, his sudden disappearance after being submerged for a prolonged period by a superpowered attack raises enough concerns to at least check. As for the self-proclaimed 'Mighty Mississippi', I have no further information on her at the present time, though her actions would not seem to indicate she planned on kidnapping Bug. That said, I cannot entirely rule out some form of involvement in any such plots that may or may not exist at present or in the past. As for the question of flight versus automobile, I will have to disagree with Bolt on this; time may well be of the essence, so it would be logical to fly and arrive as soon as possible. If we arrive and bug is in no condition to be flown out, it would likely be a simple task to acquire a vehicle while there. Ultimately, however, this is a group decision on how we will go about it."

BananaPhone
2023-10-02, 07:57 AM

Lisa pursed her lips, sucking the bottom one between her teeth for a second before exhaling outwards.

"So we need to get a charter flight?" she asks, turning her head to look at the other two for confirmation.

"For just the three of us? On a Cessna or something? How much will that set us back?"

Phantom Genius
2023-10-07, 12:01 AM
AGR's drone picks up Fury, and Bolt and he fly west out of the city, over Virginia, and into the mountains of WV. They reach the coordinates that he researched and see nothing from overhead except forest. There is a bit of snow on the ground, maybe three inches.

paradox26
2023-10-10, 05:45 AM
Bolt lands in the snow, and immediately starts to examine the ground for tracks, moving in an extended circle around the landing point.

BananaPhone
2023-10-11, 07:44 AM

Lisa had to endure the indignity of laying in a hammock, sailing across the skies, for the hours and hours that it took the slower moving drones to fly them to their destination. Predicting that the elevation and speed would mean cold, cold winds, Lisa at least had the thick clothing to rug up and ignore the worst of it, as she spent the majority of her time on her phone, while the blue sky above whistled past with the occasional cloud.

By the time they arrived, the girl had to stumble about and gain her bearings back, having essentially 'lay down' the whole trip. So while Bolt beings his immediate proper sweep, Lisa groaned and arches her body about as she stretched and regained feeling in her limbs in the background.

MutantDragon
2023-10-13, 08:12 PM
AGR-01 joins his fiery companion in searching the area, remaining in the air and sweeping the site from above.

Phantom Genius
2023-10-18, 05:05 AM
The flight takes exactly the forty-five minutes that the supercomputer predicted, but it feels like hours to Lisa. It's made all the worse when she loses her cell signal in the final ten minutes.

Above the treetops, AGR-01 sees only a scene of calm beauty, perhaps perfect for a future painting.

Searching the ground, Bolt finds few tracks other than animals, but perhaps one set of boots leading out from a strange hatch set in the ground and poorly covered with fallen tree branches.

MutantDragon
2023-10-22, 01:18 PM
Silently saving a memory of the scenery for future reference, AGR-01 lands near Bolt. "Found anything?"

BananaPhone
2023-10-24, 09:03 AM

In her phase of recovery after spending some time flying inside a hammock and with no phone reception, oh em gee, Lisa stretched her back and shoulders, looking around at the two more perceptive companions as one uses his flying powers and drones to scan the surrounding area and Bolt uses good old fashion elbow grease.

Lisa, however, had only the senses of a mortal. Show her some tracks she could uncover by punching something and she was good. Give her something harder to find and Hugh Glass she was not.

"Yeah, find anything?" she asked, approaching the other two from behind, cracking her back and sliding her phone back into her pocket.

paradox26
2023-10-25, 04:33 AM
Bolt looks at the other two heroes, then gestures at the tracks. He carefully removes the branches that were laid over the top of the tracks, then crouches down to examine the boot prints.

"I have found some boot prints, or at least, what look like boot prints. I am not an expert tracker, but they look pretty unmistakable. And it looks like whoever made the tracks also made an attempt to hide them. Lacking any better options, I suggest we start following them and at least see where they go," he says.

He rises to his feet, and places his foot beside the track, to try to judge its size. Then he starts to follow the tracks, moving fairly slowly to make sure he doesn't lose the track marks on the ground.

Phantom Genius
2023-10-27, 03:21 AM
The boot prints seem to be moving around the hatch and then leading into the forest, where they are lost in the pine needles blanketing the ground. (The snow is mostly in the trees, not on the ground under the trees.) Bolt would guess they are a men's snow boot, sized 12-13. Not a small person, but not a Hulk either.

The hatch has a wheel for opening, but does not seem to have a lock. It appears that it would keep out animals, weather, and maybe even nuclear fallout, but not someone looking for shelter.

BananaPhone
2023-10-28, 09:39 PM

Rolling her shoulders and nodding with an exhale, Lisa falls in line. She takes in a lungful of natural air and follows along behind the two trackers, acknowledging the limit of her expertise.

MutantDragon
2023-10-29, 01:06 PM
AGR-01 kneels down next to the hatch and glances towards the others for confirmation that he should open it and see what lies within.

MutantDragon
2023-11-06, 06:22 PM
After easily lifting open the hatch, AGR-01 begins slowly climbing down the ladder within.

paradox26
2023-11-09, 02:56 AM
Bolt is relieved that the boots were not Hulk sized, as he would stand no chance at defeating a foe of that size and strength.

When the door is opened, Bolt starts to carefully climb down the ladder, as he realises that there is not enough room for him to fly down the hatchway. He peers carefully as he works his way downwards, looking for some signs of life, or maybe even what remains of Bug.

BananaPhone
2023-11-09, 05:03 AM

Lisa, on the other hand, doesn't seem too phased by the ladder. In her human form, she topped out around 140 lbs or so of fit human; no slouch, but not enough to warrant too much concern for load bearing purposes.

Waiting until the two fellows proceeded, Lisa turned herself around and descended down the ladder...

Phantom Genius
2023-11-18, 07:10 AM
At the bottom of the ladder there is a hard concrete floor and a tunnel leading straight ahead into the darkness beyond where the light shines down from above. AGR continues leading the way until stopping very abruptly outside a metal door, causing Bolt to almost crash into the drone, rather comedically. When Bolt speaks or taps AGR, he gets no response.

AGR you have lost all contact with the drone and radio contact with Bolt and Fury.

paradox26
2023-11-28, 04:19 AM
Bolt uses his fire powers to create just enough flame to create light. But when they crash into the door, he is a little flummoxed. He can use his flames to try to melt through the steel, but if Bug is on the other side, then he could destroy his companion. Besides, he isn't even sure if his flames would be hot enough to melt steel. He notices that AGR seems to be halted, and he waits for his comrade to speak up, figuring that such a pause must be caused by deep thought and hopefully a solution to the problem. While he waits, he looks for a handle or grip of some sort, to try to allow them to simply open the door.

BananaPhone
2023-11-28, 09:15 PM

Above, Lisa exhaled as she had her hands about herself, almost giving herself a hug across her abdomen as her eyes swept her surrounding area, waiting patiently for Bolt to either return or check back in over the comms.

Phantom Genius
2023-11-30, 05:28 AM
Lisa sees a small flicker of flame appear in Bolt's hand and they both see AGR completely paralyzed in place standing a few feet back from the metal door. It has a handle-opener that just needs to be rotated 90 degrees for the door to open.

AGR is aware that someone is outside the door of the headquarters, attempting to batter it down.

paradox26
2023-12-03, 01:51 AM
Bolt checks on AGR to make sure they are okay. Then he very carefully, keeping the flaming hand free, opens the door handle. He rushes through the door, in case it creaks and ruins any attempt at stealth, at least he might have surprise on his side if the room is occupied.

Phantom Genius
2023-12-04, 07:23 AM
AGR doesn't seem damaged, just not moving at all. Any lights or gears seem to be operating. (The lights are on, but nobody's home?)

The handle opens easily and the door can be pushed open with effort. There's a room beyond it with a stone floor and stone walls that seem to have been treated with something shiny. Not decorative, but chemical. At the edge of your firelight a skeleton leers at you from a sitting position on the floor, against the wall.

BananaPhone
2023-12-04, 08:36 PM

Having no medical or mystical knowledge at all, Lisa narrows her eyes at the sight of AGR's paralysis, as Bolt goes ahead to open the door and head in.

"Hey...hey you okay?" she'd ask AGR, approaching from behind and whispering quietly.

Phantom Genius
2023-12-07, 07:42 AM
"Hey...hey you okay?" she'd ask AGR, approaching from behind and whispering quietly.

There is no response.

paradox26
2023-12-10, 11:28 PM
Bolt makes his way carefully into the room, and approaches the skeleton. He doesn't expect it to revive and attack him, so he crouches down beside it and inspects it very carefully for any form of identification or anything similar.

BananaPhone
2023-12-11, 08:42 PM

There is no response.

Lisa furrowed her brow. Nudging her compatriot once more, she circled around him to face him from the front, bringing her right hand up to cup his cheek.

"Hey, hey! Ay-gur?" she asked, visibly starting to worry as she gave him a light slap.

MutantDragon
2023-12-12, 10:22 PM
AGR-01 sends out a call to 911 imitating a random passerby seeing the break-in.

Phantom Genius
2023-12-13, 12:16 AM
AGR-01 sends out a call to 911 imitating a random passerby seeing the break-in.

Does it have a name ready for when the 911 operator asks? What does it say if she asks if they are armed?

Phantom Genius
2023-12-14, 06:54 AM
Lisa furrowed her brow. Nudging her compatriot once more, she circled around him to face him from the front, bringing her right hand up to cup his cheek. "Hey, hey! Ay-gur?" she asked, visibly starting to worry as she gave him a light slap.

There is still nothing. The drone seems undamaged but unaware. Lisa feels a tickle in her throat and coughs.

Up ahead, Bolt approaches the lifeless skeleton. Crouching down, he finds a note with block printing. It might be hard to read, but the flame in his hand grows brighter and brighter as he reads, eventually causing concern.

Here Lies Bug
Squashed Like a Bug
Left for Dead
In his suit of red
This can be his pyre
As you die in a fire
Flammable gas
Will choke your ass
You'll all perish
And the computer I'll cherish

Bolt quickly figures out that the flammable gas mentioned in the note is why his flame continues to grow brighter and why Lisa is starting to cough in the hallway. He also notes that the skeleton is a plastic Halloween decoration and is starting to melt in a creepy way. (Have you seen Raiders of the Lost Ark?)

paradox26
2023-12-16, 05:51 AM
Bolt feels a surge of fear run through his body. "Get out, now!" he yells. He immediately drops his flaming hand, and starts to run to the exit and to the ladder, which he tries to get up in the darkness, lit only by the light coming from the top of the ladder exit.

BananaPhone
2023-12-26, 07:36 AM

Lisa coughs gently, still trying to shake AGR out of his stupor, before Bugs sudden alarm rips through her sense of quiet.

Eyes widening, sensing an explosive trap, she grabbed AGR and swung the machine over her shoulder and bolted for the exit, her panic remaining under control - for now.

Phantom Genius
2023-12-29, 06:36 AM
Bolt quickly extinguishes his open flame and you both notice that you are now in complete darkness. (There had been light coming from the vertical shaft with the ladder up to the surface, but something has changed.) Lisa can scoop up the drone by feel, but Bolt blindly crashes into her and sends the drone sprawling to the floor. Bolt and Lisa's throats are beginning to burn and talking becomes difficult. What actions do you try next?

The 911 dispatch reports a false alarm and possible SWATting at your address. There seems to be no urgency. Let me know OOC if you don't know what "SWATting" is.

MutantDragon
2024-01-05, 05:28 PM
Lacking other options, AGR-01 calls back with a short string of profanities and exclamations of distress, demanding that someone be sent to provide assistance.He once again repeats the address and stresses quite plainly the urgency of the situation. Should his second plea be similarly ignored, he tries to hack into neighboring businesses' systems to try and trigger their alarms.

[roll0]

paradox26
2024-01-07, 01:05 AM
Bolt staggers to his feet, and tries to feel his way back to the ladder, where he climbs carefully to the top. He assumes that because the light from the top has disappeared, that the entry is being blocked by someone or something, so he prepares to throw flames from the top of the ladder.

BananaPhone
2024-01-07, 09:26 AM

Lisa, carrying AGR over her shoulder, scrambled towards the ladder, using her free hand to free at the walls as best she could so that she could guide herself in the darkness. This left her mouth vulnerable, forcing her to inhale, though she kept such imbibement to a minimum.

When she reached the base of the ladder, she looked up to see the area illuminated by Bolts flamethrower, as she brought up her free hand to shield her face and eyes from the sudden burst of heat.

When able, she'd start to stagger up the stars - holding Agr over her shoulder while drawing herself up the ladder with her natural strength.

Phantom Genius
2024-01-10, 08:38 AM
(Lisa, Bolt is only "preparing to throw flames." It's still completely dark.)

Bolt works his way up the ladder with Lisa scooping up AGR-01 a second time and following. At the top, he finds that the hatch has been closed... AND LOCKED. The air here is a tiny bit fresher but is getting worse. He could choke out a few words to his teammates, although only one is listening.

paradox26
2024-01-13, 02:33 AM
Bolt desperately tries to tear the door open. "Lisa, you are stronger than me. Get up here and try to tear the door open. I am not strong enough, and it has been locked from the outside," he yells, trying to not to cough.

BananaPhone
2024-01-14, 07:42 AM

Feeling the abrasion of the gas compressing upon her mind, and sensing the desperation growing in her companions voices, Lisa reached within.

She gently set AGR down as she inhaled, exhaled, her eyes closed, her mind filling with images from times when powerlessness halted her movements and things she hated seemed to keep getting away with it, the dollar signs and monthly bills for her Washington DC apartment searing into her brain...

Bolt wouldn't notice it at first, but he'd hear it. Lisa's haggard breathes become...deeper, heavier, more sonorous, carrying as much force as a mild breeze, from all the way down there.

The next thing he'd feel is vibrations through the ladder, as something large, powerful and angry was swiftly scaling the ladder to smash the door off its hinges...

Phantom Genius
2024-01-17, 06:42 AM
Lisa's breath is almost her last as she takes in more poison than she breathes out. With very little oxygen left in her system, Fury moves past Bolt and impacts the sealed door. It caves in a large amount and there is a sudden hiss of escaping air as the seal is broken. One more punch will likely destroy the door.

Bolt, on the verge of passing out, dangles from the ladder, too weak to move and not daring to take a breath. He sees pinpoints of light above, either freedom or the angels coming to take him to Heaven.

AGR gets a better response as the 911 call center is flooded with desperate callers relaying the situation. There is still zero communication with the drone or his teammates in WV and the villains successfully batter down the door and back the van up to it. "Unplug everything and load the hardware in the van. Then we open the gas valve and torch the place," says a scrawny man in an accent that AGR can't quite place.

BananaPhone
2024-01-22, 11:09 PM

Fury's vision is half-clouded with frustration and rage, the burning poison seeping across her skin and into her lungs only serving to piss her off even more, as the towering, red-skinned...'woman', gripped the ladder with one large fist, roared her defiance and brought her other one up to smash the door off its hinges, her shoulder and back behind her blow to reinforce its power.

paradox26
2024-01-26, 05:12 AM
Bolt is on the verge of passing out, which he knows will likely be the end of him, when Fury blasts past and hammers at the exit. As the door buckles, Bolt tries to get up to the top of the ladder again so that he can get a bit of clean air before he dies. He stays out of Fury's way, though, so that she can continue to break the party out of the now evident trap.

Phantom Genius
2024-02-06, 07:13 AM
As Bolt and Fury lie in the snow gasping for fresh, clean, mountain air, AGR-01 starts to move again.
"Signal reacquired. Determining location and situation." It begins scanning the area. "How are we above ground now? Are you ill? There is a situation at headquarters. Armed men are inside and appear to be stealing my hardware."

BananaPhone
2024-02-11, 11:33 PM

Fury's towering, ruby-figure grunted and spat out a lugnful of burning vapor. Rolling over onto her knee's and standing up swiftly, her head spun about with a murderous expression in search of some unseen enemy, only to find none were available.

Panting.

Exhaling.

Fury's towering figure slowly rescinded, drawing in upon itself as the features shifted and changed back into Lisa's, leaving her standing there, clothes' torn, panting heavily.

Swallowing, "...armed men? Back home?" she asked, eyes widening.

"How do we get back quickly enough?!"

Phantom Genius
2024-03-12, 01:49 AM
We can fly back the way we came, offers Bolt.
"I have called the police multiple times and they are arriving shortly, but their response is not what it normally is, statistically." - AGR

BananaPhone
2024-03-20, 09:44 AM

Lisa could nothing but wait for the flight to get her to their HQ. She couldn't fly, she couldn't drop down to the ground and run, she couldn't hitch another ride - all she could do was wait impatiently, looking about as best she could and stay up to date with her phone.

BananaPhone
2024-04-12, 07:02 AM

Bolt and AGR scoop up Lisa as before and fly as quickly as possible back toward DC. AGR gives a play-by-play of the events at the "secret hideout" as they fly.

"Multiple people have entered the headquarters. MPD is on the scene, but are receiving instructions to fall back despite being fired upon. Now they are being told to return to base, but they are hesitating because no one else has arrived to secure the situation. Lisa, if they leave, the thieves will take everything and possibly I will fall from the sky. What should we do?"

You are still 30 minutes away.

Lisa could only stare at her phone in utter frustration. A deep-seated part of her wanted to transform into Fury and simply bound recklessly across the landscape, leaping and catapulting herself up and over any obstacle and clearing vast swathes of land at a time. But she knew that should she enter the city perimeter in such an...aggravated state of mind, there was no telling how easily she would become distracted.

And so, she simply had to be patient.

"Told to return to base? What the - ?!?!"

Lisa's next set of words were drowned out by the howling wind and the speed with which the trio passed through the atmosphere.

"Set up a perimeter at least so they cannot escape you useless f - !!!!"

That damn wind again swooped by once more to render Lisa as mouthing furiously, but with no sound to her words.

Phantom Genius
2024-04-25, 11:59 PM
AGR tries to relay Lisa's suggestion, but seems to get nothing but static. Clearly something suspicious is going on technologically.

A few minutes later, AGR seems to turn off entirely and falls from the sky. Bolt manages to hang on to Lisa, but your progress is definitely slowed even if you leave the drone behind.

Lisa, do you want to choose the next action?

BananaPhone
2024-05-27, 07:33 PM

"Hey - hey Bolt!" Lisa yelps, the world around her twisting as the DC skyline below her became a blurring montage as the pair started to descend and topple from the sky.

"Bolt! Bolt hey! Hey!!" she tried again, panic setting in as she pat-slapped her companion whom she had entrusted her transportation to, her mewling welp almost comical as the pair spiraled down, helter-skelter, to the ground and impacted in a plume of debris and smoke.

The pandemonium was swift and passing. A silence settled upon the bank of dust that surrounded the impact crater, but a loud thud! resonated from within, like a powerful fist hitting stone, and the all too familiar sound of deep, heaving, rage-filled breathing.

OOC:

Lisa goes down in the crash! Then turns into her Fury form, soon to belt it towards the HQ and deal with the interlopers.