PDA

View Full Version : Best spell choices for Spellblade Enchant?

pabelfly
2022-12-16, 08:21 PM
So, the Spellblade enchant lets you absorb and redirect one spell, which I'd like to put onto a melee character's weapon. What are the best spell choices for this enchant?

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-12-16, 08:26 PM
So, the Spellblade enchant lets you absorb and redirect one spell, which I'd like to put onto a melee character's weapon. What are the best spell choices for this enchant?Well, if he's a gish, transcend mortality. Nothing like a no-save-just-die effect for messing with your enemies.

Rebel7284
2022-12-16, 09:02 PM
Greater Dispel Magic is common I hear

Thunder999
2022-12-16, 09:35 PM
Got to be Greater Dispel Magic, few things nastier than losing your buffs at high level.
Often times something like a Death Ward, Fly Sheltered Vitality or Freedom of Movement is the only thing letting you actually fight a given enemy, and even if you're not then there's probably a few good buffs active giving you a very nice damage or AC boost.

AnonymousPepper
2022-12-18, 01:18 PM
Greater Dispel and, if your GM is likely to resort to them, some of its more exotic brethren like Reaving Dispel and Spell Theft and Chain Dispel on things like knee blades and the like. A high level beatstick with no buffs is a dead beatstick.

Relatedly, getting a friend with Craft Contingent Spell to put some on you tuned to sequentially counterspell Disjunctions and Antimagic Fields is a very valid use of contingencies at high levels, and only loses to Dweomerkeepers.