PDA

View Full Version : Something's Rotten in Calimsham

alchemyprime
2007-12-02, 11:43 AM
You wake up in a stone room.
The symbols of seven gods border the walls: Mystra, Eldath, Denier, Sune, Finder Wyvernspur, Tyr and Kelemvor. This room does not seem right. There are good symbols on the wall, but each is skewed. Kelemvor's scales are tipping, Mystra's stars are sideways, Sune's hair is black at the ends, and so on. Each is horribly mangled, yet so slight you didn't know it at first.
But there is one thought that has entered your head. A very strong memory.
Your death.

You look around and see others in this room. Three others. two n the floor, as dazed as you are. The third other person is leaning up against a wall.

"Well, you all seemed to take a nasty blow to the head. Name's Breven Wyverspur, of the Cormyr Wyvernspurs. And all of you are?"

Oslecamo
2007-12-02, 08:58 PM
Cristiano gets up and searches for his weapon, facing the standing man in the eyes:

"The name's Cristiano Crystal, lone paladin. I tought I had died. How did I get here?"

alchemyprime
2007-12-03, 10:57 PM
"Couldn't tell you. Last thing I remember, I was in Calimport with my father and mother, and an assassin atatcked. My mother and father are strong. She's a sorceress and my dad... well, he is the reason we're called Wyvenspurs. They laid waste to him, but another popped up and tossed a small bead in my mouth. Then I exploded... literally. Deayed blast fireball. My mom's used them before."

He looks at his hands. "Well, I wonder what's with our other friends here..."

Breven looks at the drow. "Well, what about you, my drowly accomplice? You seem to be stuck here too. Any idea why all of these god's symbols are messed up?"

Breven looks down at the drow and gasps. "Thats why..."

On the floor was a large purple mosaic of a sun made of polished gems. In the center was a mosaic of a skull made of peices of bone. The eye sockets were obsidian. And Breven looked shocked. "Oh... I was Aliba was here... he'd know what to do... damn it to the Abyss!"

"I think we were brought back by a follower of Cyric."

Oslecamo
2007-12-04, 07:36 AM
"Well let's see how tainted this place is then!"

(I start scanning the room with detect evil invocation)

Zarthrax
2007-12-04, 07:36 PM
The drow wakes with a start.

He spouts gibberish for a moment...
(Unless you speak Undercommon...)
"When I catch the damned fool who coshed me on the head, I'll have his guts for a cat's cradle!"

He gathers in the sights for a few moments before shaking his head and turning to his erstwhile companions.
(In Common)
"Who are you? Explain why you've brought me here or the consequences will be dire!"

alchemyprime
2007-12-04, 11:37 PM
"Now, wait a minute! I didn't drag you here! I am a victim of the same circumstances as you, fellow arcanist! We all woke up alive... er... dead... er... realive? Definitely not undead, I assure you. Listen, I don't know why I am here, nor any of you, but we really need to join together. For our new live's sakes, of course. "

The room is odd.

And to anyone detecting for evil, they'd realise that the only evil aura is coming from.... one of the chunks of bone, but not exactly sure which one. Very faint, I assure you.

Oslecamo
2007-12-05, 04:50 AM
"I'm Cristiano Crystal, paladin of truth! I suffered a vile ambush from unknown road bandits. They used inocent merchants as a bait to drag me to their trap and kill me from afar with hidden snipers. I tought I had died when an arrow pierced my head, yet I'm here, seemely living. I also don't know who brought us here. Who killed us, and who put us in the room none of us seems to know, but I sugest we must unite our forces to escape from here and look for answers. I think it's quite obvious the owner of this room isn't very fond of good. I can only detect a very faint aura of evil in this room, from one of the bones. I suspect they are only the remants of some evil ritual. Now, my drow friend, you don't seem to be evil like most of your bretehrn, could you please present yourself tell us your last memories to see if we can better explain this riddle? Geting out of closed rooms really isn't my speciality, unless you're willing to wait that I bash down the walls, maybe you can do something about it?"

Glawackus
2007-12-05, 03:53 PM
The human underneath the nondescript brown cloak awakens, one hand flying to the strange sword on his back before he's even off the ground. He looks about the room and his mouth moves. His face snaps into a confused expression. "H...Hello?" He glances at the Drow, and then at the paladin. "Where in the Nine Hells are we?"

Oslecamo
2007-12-05, 04:35 PM
"Well that's what we're trying to discover. It seems this is some kind of altar to Cyric. By chance do you have any talent that may help us get out of here? And by the way, we're not in the Nine hells...Still."

Glawackus
2007-12-05, 04:39 PM
"I do a little bit of everything...and picking locks comes under that. Doxian, by the way." The human slowly turns, looking around for a door or some other way of leaving the room.

OOC

Looking for everyone's best friend, the Hidden Door:
Search: [roll0]

Zarthrax
2007-12-05, 07:05 PM
"I'm Cristiano Crystal, paladin of truth! I suffered a vile ambush from unknown road bandits. They used inocent merchants as a bait to drag me to their trap and kill me from afar with hidden snipers. I tought I had died when an arrow pierced my head, yet I'm here, seemely living. I also don't know who brought us here. Who killed us, and who put us in the room none of us seems to know, but I sugest we must unite our forces to escape from here and look for answers. I think it's quite obvious the owner of this room isn't very fond of good. I can only detect a very faint aura of evil in this room, from one of the bones. I suspect they are only the remants of some evil ritual. Now, my drow friend, you don't seem to be evil like most of your bretehrn, could you please present yourself tell us your last memories to see if we can better explain this riddle? Geting out of closed rooms really isn't my speciality, unless you're willing to wait that I bash down the walls, maybe you can do something about it?"

The drow shakes his head.
(Undercommon again. And only if you can read thoughts.)
I wonder why I didn't set off Sir Stick Up Rectum's Detection? "I remember being bashed on the head while I was walking towards the graveyard. Err, for a completely legitimate reason that momentarily escapes me."

alchemyprime
2007-12-06, 02:48 PM
There seems to be a door behind the eye of the symbol of Denier, and one benaeth the up scale on the tainted symbol of Kelemvor.

Breven looks about. "Yep. As Miss Olive would say, There Is Definitely Some Bad Mojo in Here. Oh, I wish Aliba was here! He'd be able to help..." Breven looks around. "Woah! The entire mosaic! It's magic! I'd say... an enchantment spell. And each of these symbols... they're magical too... Kelemvor's is radiating necromancy, and Denier's... either a changing spell or a death spell, can't tell which. I'd say that this room has some big magical traps in it."

Breven's eyes are glowing, in an omninously friendly way. "Hm... I could help shatter a wall or two. I'm mighty good at shattering things. Figured out how after my third trip with Aliba and Miss Olive. And Father, of course. So... my Kara-Turan blade weilding friend, are there any ways out of here that will save my throat and Sir Crystal's arms?" He looked at the cloak wearing man and then heard the drow's comment in the Underdark trade language.

Breven looked at the drow. He goes over and whispers in his ear in Undercommon.
If you wish to make yourself less suspiscious, don't dress like an arcanist. If we are anywhere near Calimport or Cormyr, I can get you noble's clothes. Makes you less obvious, necromancer. And yes, he didn't find any evil on you. We may need your spells too. Keep that bell I slipped on you in your pocket. It'll help throw off paladin's sight.

Glawackus
2007-12-06, 03:07 PM
"There's a door underneath the skeleton hand and scales, and one underneath the eye-and-candle," Doxian says. "Do they have any magic emanating from 'em?"

Oslecamo
2007-12-06, 05:03 PM
Cristiano sighted. He really didn't liked people talking in unknown languages in front of him. And the drow's story didn't really sound very convincing. But, one way or another, they were in the same boat now, and the last thing he needed he wanted was a needless fight. Whoever had put them in this room was certainly a powerfull necromancer, and geting out wouldn't be easy. Depleting his forces attacking them only to find himself enclosed in a giant magical trap wouldn't be a very good idea. And nobody really deserved to be left entombed alive like this. First they would get out. Then, if any of them proved too wicked he would think of a way to cleanse them. And get a mount. Gods he felt naked whitout a mount.

"Not evil magic, at least, but that really isn't saying much. But if you aren't sure you can't disable any potential magical traps I can try to open them myself. I spent a good deal of my life taking blasts to the face when needing to enter some dark place alone. We paladins are very durable when it comes to magical tricks."

Zarthrax
2007-12-06, 06:09 PM
The drow nods at Breven's comments. (Undercommon yet again.) "Understood. And... Thank you. "

At Cristiano's comment, he nods yet again. "A sound plan. Volunteering probably scores you some kind of points with your diety, I trust?"

alchemyprime
2007-12-06, 08:20 PM
"Hm... yeah, the symbol of Kelemvor and of Denier... but I wonder why not Mystra's... Cyric dislikes all gods, true, but he especially hates Mystra and Kelemvor, from what Aliba has told me... why Denier?"

Breven went over and whispered to the rogue. "You aren't from arounf these parts, eh? Don't worry, you pass very well for a Faerunian. I can tell you're Kara-Turan, though."

He then walks over to Cristiano. "Look, he's drow. I simply told him I was glad that there was another person with some arcane talent, that's all. I said it in his native tongue. Thought he'd like some familiar sounds, you know?"
There is obviously something hidden in his voice, but more of something like it wasn't quite said openly.

Breven then looked to Cristiano. "So, do you want to handle the door, or should I? I can do some minor dysjunctions to magics."

Oslecamo
2007-12-09, 05:51 PM
"Ok, ok, everybody has his right to privacy, I understand. Just don't hide anything that could help explain why and how we are here."-sighted Cristiano.

"Well, see what you can do to disrupt any existing magic, and then I'll try to open it."

(I'll let Breven do whatever he can do to the door and then open it myself)

alchemyprime
2007-12-11, 02:57 PM
Breven casts an abjuration at the door and a sizzle and fizzle is seen.
"I think I failed... sorry... but it may be easier for a paladin like yourself to bust through... I'm just not strong enough an arcanist to undo this spell. Unless our drow friend can also dispel magic?"
Breven looks longingly at the drow, hoping for some help.

Zarthrax
2007-12-11, 03:33 PM
The drow acknowledges Breven with a slight nod. "As it so happens, I can." He waves his hands at the door for a moment.

Dispel Check (1d20+7=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1420442)

alchemyprime
2007-12-15, 11:08 AM
Where Breven had failed, the drow had succeeded.
"It's all yours now, Cristiano." Breven gestured toward the eskewed symbol of Denier.

Oslecamo
2007-12-15, 04:25 PM
"There can be only failure in not trying."-murmurs Cristiano as he firmly advances towards the symbol and opens the secret door in one swift decided move.

(I open the secret door)

alchemyprime
2007-12-16, 12:00 PM
A simple small hallway leads down away from the door. It seems like this was the way whoever left you here left, as there is a very minimal covering of dust, as compared to the room you all woke up in.

Breven looks over Cristiano's shoulder. "Searchin, searchin... no, I think we're safe as far as magic goes. Magic eyes. Best gift from Mom ever."

Breven looks around. "Well... I'm not going down first. We all died to get here. Literally. I frankly don't know if they want us to leave. But then again, it would take some expensive magic to bring us back, so they might not want us dead again. What do you guys think?"

Glawackus
2007-12-16, 12:31 PM
"I agree on the latter. Market value on the components for resurrection magic is too high. Unless our unknown benefactors want to test us. I say we send someone more durable down the hall," Doxian says, crossing his arms and leaning in the doorway.

Oslecamo
2007-12-16, 08:20 PM
"Yeah, somebody bothered to kill us and bring us back. One question, tough is that I always tough one could only be ressurected if he wanted, and also that the deceased soul knows who is trying to bring him back. But I don't remember any of this hapening, only my death. Some kind of new magic perhaps?"

Looks in the corridor

"Well, any of you have rope of any kind? I can take poisoned darts to the face whitout much trouble, but pit traps don't need magic to work and I'm a not very good climber. Perhaps some of you can make us fly so we don't trigger any traps? If no once knows how to magically fly, I'll tie up a rope between me and you so if there's a pit trap I don't all the way."

alchemyprime
2007-12-18, 05:47 PM
Breven sighed. "Auntie Alias always said, 'The only difference between a wizard's pockets and a child's is that a child has more candy!' Made me and dad laugh, if mom a bit angry the first time. Here, I have some rope in my sack."
Breven opened the sack and pulled out a rope. "No idead how to knot this, though... hey, Doxian, can you tie knots?"

Glawackus
2007-12-18, 05:54 PM
"I'll give it a try," Doxian says, taking the rope and concentrating on it for a moment before beginning to tie it as Cristiano suggested.

Use Rope: [roll0]

alchemyprime
2007-12-18, 07:55 PM
Doxian gets a decent half-hitch around Cristiano. Breven gets a hold of it. "He volunteered to go first. None too bright, eh? Better him than us though." Breven says in Undercommon. "So, what's your name, friend?" Breven asks the drow.

Zarthrax
2007-12-18, 08:02 PM
"I have a name for people who go first. That name is 'Spare Parts'. My name is Ilztmyree Mirfryn. No relation to anyone you might have heard of."

OOC: I hearby designate Magenta as Undercommon.

alchemyprime
2007-12-19, 01:33 AM
"Opposite boat, myself. I'm related to quite a few people you may have heard of."

Breven patted Cristiano on the back. "Good luck. May Oghma and Denier guide your steps away from pits. We'll be..." Breven looks at the rope. "Well, I'll be right behind you, Doxian kind of close, and my fellow arcanist may be taking up the rear. And using a good 40 feet of rope as space."
Breven then whispers in Cristiano's ear. "I have bladefire and ravages if need be. Want any? What about wet-fire?"

OOC: Yellow is Celestial, Magenta Undercommon, red Doxian's funny accent. J/k on the red.

Glawackus
2007-12-19, 06:21 AM
"Right then. Shall we?" Doxian says, moving away from the door to let the roped paladin pass.

OOC

:smallsmile: @ accent comment.

alchemyprime
2007-12-19, 05:05 PM
Breven looks to Cristiano, the one person who wished to go first. "I'm ready. Ilztmyree, what about you?"

Zarthrax
2007-12-19, 06:41 PM
"When you are."

alchemyprime
2007-12-19, 09:56 PM
"Lead the way, Cristiano." Breven patted the paladin on the back again. "I have so spells just in case we need them, and any items you might need."

(Okay, since CHristmas is right around the corner, how about we pause this from 23rd through the 27th? So Saturday would be our last string of posts?)

(And, as Glawackus already knows from the Doctor Who campaign, I have a two day rule. If we wait two days before you post, I'm NPCing you until your return. I prefer advanced notice of when I would need to, though... So, Oslecamo, if you could type something along the lines of "Cristiano begins down the cavern", it'd be much appreciated.)

Oslecamo
2007-12-20, 09:04 AM
"Well hold that rope tight."

And Cristiano went down the cavern.

(sorry about the delay, and yes, I agree that we make a stop from 23 to 27)

Glawackus
2007-12-20, 12:24 PM
Doxian prepares to follow behind the paladin and the...unusual wizard...looking about the room one more time, lips moving as if trying to remember something.

alchemyprime
2007-12-20, 02:57 PM
Breven follows Cristiano closely, ready for if he falls, holding the rope tightly.

alchemyprime
2007-12-27, 06:01 PM
Breven looks at the drow. "Well, come on. We don't want to strand you in a room dedicated to an evil god of murder. You might get... well... murdered." He follows on behind the paladin.

The hallway infront of the paladin seem's pretty clear. No arrows, no springs, no pitfalls. The firsdt fifty feet of the tunnel had no traps in it that cristiano, Doxian or Breven triggered.
Of course, the drow had yet to start, as he is bringing up the rear.
(psst... Zarthrax... that's you...)

Zarthrax
2007-12-28, 09:28 AM
(Sorry.)

The drow moves forward, following his new 'friends' at a cautious distance.

alchemyprime
2007-12-28, 11:45 AM
As the odd group continues on down the hallway, they seem to not run into anything. Eventually another large room is reached. It seems like... well... a warehouse. A large warehouse. Bottles, jugs, shelves of boxes, a large clay building. Breven runs over to a window.

"Wait... we seem to be in Calimport. They must have gotten me last. But, the plus side is that my cousin lives in Calimport. Do you guys have any connections here in Calimport?"

Glawackus
2007-12-28, 11:51 AM
"No..." Doxian says, voice trailing off. "I came here looking for my father. Maybe you have heard of him?" Doxian looks around eagerly. "Barnabas Bassar?"

alchemyprime
2007-12-28, 02:36 PM
"Sorry. But I've always been bad with names. Can you give me any other information? Oh, wait... if Miss Olive is in town, she can tell us! She knows everything! She even got me... well, that's not important right now. What about you Cristiano? Iltzmarie?"

Zarthrax
2007-12-28, 10:40 PM
The drow raises an eyebrow, in a distinctly Spock-like gesture. "And, what exactly, pray tell, leads you to believe I have anything to do with a country that's mostly desert? Unless you've suddenly started believing that darkness is now one of this country's major exports..."

alchemyprime
2007-12-29, 12:41 AM
"Woah, calm down, Iltzmarie. It was a honest question. Especially since... well, I guess most outside of Cormyr and Calim****e nobility would know, but..."
Breven looks around.
"The is an entire drow underworld running Calimport. I think Calimport is entering a new age. an Age of Drow. I just thought since we were all in the room, and we are in Calimport, you might have had some ties to the city, or maybe some family. Sorry for assuming, my friend."

alchemyprime
2008-01-02, 04:03 PM
(Psst... Oslecamo... it's your post...)

alchemyprime
2008-01-09, 09:45 PM
(Bump.)
(I give Oslecamo until Saturday. Maybe Sunday. If no post by the next time I post, then Cristiano is NPCed. Glawackus knows I can do this. I just did it in the other game he is in. Not to him though.)

alchemyprime
2008-01-15, 11:17 PM
Cristiano just shook his head. Breven sighed and walked to a window to see where they were.
"We seem to be in one of the halfling's volutary ghettos. We may be able to get to the noble quarter in about an hour. Then I can find a cousin I may have. A major advantage of Dad's blue blood: a noble anywhere shares it. Sound good to you guys?"

Glawackus
2008-01-16, 12:20 PM
"That sounds fine," Doxian says, stretching and looking around some more. "Anyone know what that is?" He points to the clay building.

Zarthrax
2008-01-16, 06:33 PM
"About as good as anything since I awoke. Let's get on with it."

alchemyprime
2008-01-20, 11:24 AM
(Sorry, I could have made details clearer. The warehouse is a clay building. The clay building is what you are all in.)

Glawackus
2008-01-20, 04:41 PM
"Hm," Doxian says, straightening up. "Just a box.

He looks about the room passively. "Can we get out through that window? I'd like to get back on the trail here."

Doxian will take a 10 on a Search check if he needs one to find any doors.
Search: 18 {10+8}

alchemyprime
2008-01-22, 02:46 PM
There is a door, but a large shelving unit filled with items has been pushed in front of it. it seems like it'd be tough to move.

Glawackus
2008-01-22, 05:43 PM
"Door," Doxian says, pointing at the shelves. "Right over there. Someone want to help me move the darn thing?"

alchemyprime
2008-01-24, 12:01 AM
Breven and Cristiano go over to pull the door down.

Strength check from Doxian, with a +3 bonus from Breven and Cristiano helping.

Glawackus
2008-01-24, 06:09 AM
Doxian goes over to the shelf with the others and shoves hard against the shelving.

Strength Check: [roll0]

alchemyprime
2008-01-25, 02:29 PM
The shelf pulls away enough for the door to be opened just wide enough for a human in full plate to fit through the door sideways.

Breven pats Doxian on the back. "Good job, Dox. Found and got us the door."

Glawackus
2008-01-25, 04:04 PM
Doxian shrugs. "It's a talent."

alchemyprime
2008-01-28, 02:51 PM
Breven pokes his head out the door and looks about.

"This is a khepri ghetto. Don't kill too many of those odd half-meter beetles. Those are male khepri. I'm a noble. If they see me with an "enoturage" no one will mess with us. Actually..." Breven smirks. "A few khepri women have shown a bit of interest in me. My cousin is a bit of a flirt, and that has improved my own reputation with the ladies, even if my father thinks otherwise." Breven looks about. He looks at everyone.
"Cristi, you're my bodyguard if anyone asks. I will actually hire you if need be. Dox, you're my buddy from when we were younger and I went to the east to train in the Art. Iltz, you're a trading buddy from Comanthor. Do those sound like good alliases, or do you guys want to make your own?"

Breven looked around. Cristiano, though not happy to be called "Cristi", nodded. They looked to Doxian and Iltzmarie.

Glawackus
2008-01-28, 03:23 PM
"Perfectly fine, old friend!" Doxian says with a big grin, as if he's known the mage for years. His eyes dart over the street for a moment and watch one of the beetles scurry about.

Zarthrax
2008-01-28, 05:14 PM
"Acceptable. Barely." Ilztmyree looks around. "Why do the walls smell of dung?"

alchemyprime
2008-01-30, 12:39 PM
Breven looks around. He sighs.

"I am afraid building standards outside of the noble's reigions are not as high. At our summer home in Calimport, we have large slatted walls, and a nice marble fireplace. Oh, and the library... an an entire room, twice the size of this warehouse... well, maybe one and a half... but still filled with books, grimories, tales, texts, scrolls of a nonmagical sort, oh it is amazing! Iltzmarie, you must see the texts! Dox, maybe you should read some reigonal histories so you can know more of the lay of the land. Okay then, lets go!"

Breven leads the way out of the warehouse. A halfling stops him as he walks out.

"WHat were you doing in there?" he asks. Breven sighs and looks at him.

"I got lost, and saw an old friend in the warehouse, and thought he and I could find our way back to the noble's quarter. Isn't that right, Dox?"

Doxian, make a bluff check.

Glawackus
2008-01-30, 03:11 PM
"Of course! What would we want with the stuff in there anyways, my good man?"

Bluff: [roll0]

Way With Words: At 3rd step, a silvertongue suffers only -5 penalty when making rushed Diplomacy checks (see Player's Handbook, page 72), and when she is bluffing, the lie never provides more than a +5 bonus on opposed Sense Motive checks.

alchemyprime
2008-01-31, 02:48 PM
The halfing beleives you and lets you continue on your way. After a few hours of wandering aimlessly, Breven points at a large black house on a hill.

"That's our summer home!" He yells as he runs to the fence. However, he stops at the gate.

"Let me in! I am a Wyvernspur!" Breven yells, kicking the gate. "Why won't you open! I am Breven Wyvernspur, of the Cormyr Wyvernspurs, son of Giogioni and Cat Wyvernspur! Open for me!"

The gate will not budge. But perhaps someone can open it somehow.

Glawackus
2008-01-31, 04:11 PM
"Surely there's some way in," Doxian says, looking up at the gates. "You haven't forgotten some password or something, have you?" Doxian runs one hand over the gate, knocking on the wood in a few places.

Probably no lock, right? :smalltongue:
Search to see if there seems to be any sort of lock or a way around the gate: [roll0]

Zarthrax
2008-01-31, 09:59 PM
The halfing beleives you and lets you continue on your way. After a few hours of wandering aimlessly, Breven points at a large black house on a hill.

"That's our summer home!" He yells as he runs to the fence. However, he stops at the gate.

"Let me in! I am a Wyvernspur!" Breven yells, kicking the gate. "Why won't you open! I am Breven Wyvernspur, of the Cormyr Wyvernspurs, son of Giogioni and Cat Wyvernspur! Open for me!"

The gate will not budge. But perhaps someone can open it somehow.

Ilztmyree chuckles. "Maybe they decided you needed to live on your own for a while?"

alchemyprime
2008-02-01, 02:34 PM
Breven shoots the drow a glance and then looks in his pockets.

"Oh no. My only proof left is my wallet. My papers, my signet rings, my..." Breven pulls up his left sleeve and gasps.

"My birthmark is gone! My mark! The same mark as my mother's family. Hold up."
Breven looks right at Doxian. "Tell me, what color are my eyes? My hair?" The blue eyed brunette looks desperate. "Tell me I'm still a strawberry blonde with green eyes. Tell me that I'm still in my own body."

Breven falls to the ground as Cristiano tells him. "I... I'm not me anymore. I'm not a Wyvernspur. My own Dad and Mum wouldn't even recognize me. How long was I dead? How long were all of us dead? I could have been a corpse for years! And Cormyr is so far away, and I doubt Uncle or Mum have spells strong enough to reverse this! Oh, who can I go to to get this all reversed?"

Know(Local) to see if any of you can think of someone who can help you all figure this out, since Breven's Noble Blood seems to have failed him.

Glawackus
2008-02-01, 04:00 PM
"I'm not familiar with the area," Doxian says grimly, looking around, slowly realizing that this is not going to be as easy as he thought.

alchemyprime
2008-02-03, 11:38 AM
"There is one person who may be able to help us... I met him once... but I don't want to work with him... he scares me..." Breven looks at his feet.
"Do any of you know of a drow named Jarlaxle D'Arthe?"

Glawackus
2008-02-03, 03:49 PM
Doxian smiles sadly. "To be honest, I don't know anyone from around here. I'll help you find this fellow, though...maybe he'll have some knowledge of where my uncle is."

Zarthrax
2008-02-03, 06:53 PM
If it were possibly for a drow to blanch, Ilzt would be doing it now. "Puling hells, your family doesn't mess around, does it? I ain't crossing Jarlaxle, not for all the jewels in Sembia!"

Glawackus
2008-02-03, 07:55 PM
"Why? Who is this Jarlaxle character?" Doxian rolls his head around on his neck, feeling a little bit of a cramp.

alchemyprime
2008-02-06, 12:05 AM
Breven sighs.
"It's either him or we try to find some way back to Cormyr... and even if we do that, we may still run into Jarlaxle. My father made it a point to ally himself with very important people in case my uncles ever decided to attack the family. I know that my wallet will prove I'm me to him... Jarlaxle has dealt with many magics before... and if that doesn't work, we have three other chances. We can try and hope the brother of the Patriarch Wyvernspur is up to answering a prayer... or I can try to find Miss Olive and one of our... friends, but we are an elusive bunch... besides, the rest would say that I should get myself out of it, because the Big Bosses can't just run and help everyone one of us that had magic go awry... and then I can try finding Auntie, but she's normally up in the Dalelands, and that's even further than home! 3000 miles! Wait... wait a minute..." Breven opened him wallet and produced two small gems. He rubbed them, but nothing happened.

"I guess the the High Priest or the Brothers can't answer... and I so hoped I could just call Cadderly for help... Iltz, you're the only other Faerunian here that isn't the strong and silent type... could you think of anyone besides Jarlaxle or my boss who could help us? My boss can be a jerk. A real jerk if he's drunk. Which he probably is..."
Breven sighed and looked sadly to Doxian and Iltzmarie.

alchemyprime
2008-02-08, 05:53 PM
"Sorry guys. I just don't know. Should I call my boss, or should I ask for Jarlaxle's help?"

(You're not getting out of a Realms campaign without a major NPC showing up...)

Zarthrax
2008-02-08, 09:23 PM
Ilzt ponders for a moment. "Your boss. The less I have to do with other drow right now, the better."

Glawackus
2008-02-08, 10:08 PM
"In my experience the Drow are usually...hard to deal with," Doxian says. "However, I wouldn't rule out this Jarlaxle character as a possibility. Best to go see your boss for now."

alchemyprime
2008-02-09, 08:00 PM
Breven sighs. "Okay." He looks around and spots some bushes. "Iltz, hide in there. I think my boss will know you aren't... what did Cadderly call him? Drizzit? Anyway, my boss has had bad dealing with drow."

Breven sighes and begins to chant: Talol Aelolaes. Talol Aelolaes.

alchemyprime
2008-02-21, 05:27 PM
(Sorry everybody. I've realized that doing a campign like this with no further planning and littler idea of what to do with the class abilities was a bad idea. I'm going to have to close this campaign, but I plan on rebooting it in the future. Sorry.)

Glawackus
2008-02-21, 06:09 PM
Righto. Hey, at least you were able to come right out and say you had no idea what to do with the crunch (unlike some other ultimate games I've played. >_>)

On the plus side--awesome way to start a campaign/adventure. :)