PDA

View Full Version : Fiend Blooded spell suggestions.

Yogibear41
2023-01-06, 03:43 AM
Looking for spell suggestion for a Fiend Blooded Beguiler. Mostly planned on picking up [fire] and Necromancy spells because beguiler already gets plenty of enchantment and illusion.

Spells I was considering: Death Ward, Speak with Dead, Harm, Fireball, Flame Strike, Fire Storm.

Mainly looking for Blasting/Utility that I cannot get from the base beguiler class. The party has a summon focused wizard, and a druid. So ideally stuff that neither one of them can do. (I know the druid has plenty of fire spells, but I want at least 1 blasting option) Our tank is immune to fire so lobbing fireballs onto him while he is fighting stuff in melee is a legit option. (I know everything is immune/resistant to fire at high levels)

Characters main purpose will be for trapfinding/skill monkey, but I don't want to be useless in combat if we fight something that is immune to mind affecting. (I know base beguiler has options for that, but looking to expand)

I may take Fire Bloodline(or another bloodline) from Dragon Compendium to for more spells as well.

Gorthawar
2023-01-06, 03:58 AM
At what levels are you getting the spell selections? I took heart ripper (lvl 4) from spell compendium for one of my BBEG as it was a very unique spell that the party didn't expect and scared the hell out of them. Shame the party rogue made his save :).

Edit: Command undead could be a nice addition for a beguiler to deal with those pesky undead immune to mind affecting spells.