PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 1E Warpriest advice for Dual Kukri User

Nosta
2023-01-11, 01:49 PM
My character is a CG Warpriest. He Dose not Have God/Goddess he worship Bug is just about punishing evil with his Kukri . I have a few things I'm unsure off

Race: Any that will Allow Human FCB (For Flavor I'd like something not Full on human)

Archetype: Possibility of Arsenal Chaplain Not 100% Convince

Starting level 5. 20 point buy

Kurald Galain
2023-01-12, 03:24 AM
So what's your question exactly?

If you're dual-wielding you probably want the TWF feat, meaning a decent dex. You could consider going full dex, either take the finesse feat or dip a level of rogue (+1d6 sneak on your hits is not bad either, it becomes 2d6 with another feat) and buy or craft Agile weapons for dex to damage. Or take the full chain TWF + Finesse + Slashing Grace + TW Grace; the warpriest gets bonus feats anyway. Going dex-primary does wonders for your initiative, skills, armor class, and reflex save. Warpriest is a solid frontliner overall.

Nosta
2023-01-14, 05:08 PM
So question.

Say a level 3 warpriest

Would Two handing a Katana with A threat range of 15-20 and stacking Buffs like divine Favor , and other Buffs, using power Attack So on, would my Damage out put be higher or lower on Average Then perhaps, dual using Kukri and going a similar Route but switching out power Attack for Piranha Strike , but still using the Buffs like divine power ETC .

Kurald Galain
2023-01-14, 05:13 PM
Katana with A threat range of 15-20
The katana in PF does not have a threat range of 15-20.

That said, generally speaking THF deals more damage than TWF except if you have a sizeable amount of bonus damage (such as sneak attack), but a dex-based TWF has better defenses.

Nosta
2023-01-14, 05:15 PM
The katana in PF does not have a threat range of 15-20.

That said, generally speaking THF deals more damage than TWF except if you have a sizeable amount of bonus damage (such as sneak attack), but a dex-based TWF has better defenses.

Oh I should've mention the 15-20 comes from the katana having a threat range from 18 20 and I'd get keen on it

Thunder999
2023-01-14, 05:35 PM
Dex based TWF can be pretty great on warpriest once you get Agile weapons, but that's 16,000gp for 2 +1 Agile weapons.
Warpriest gets scaling weapon damage dice, plenty of static damage bonuses and bonus feats.

The Two Handed build is probably better at lower levels.

For Race it's really hard to be Aasimar since they can easily have +dex, +wis or +str, +wis and the human FCB

Nosta
2023-01-14, 06:02 PM
So ai thinking Dex / WISDOM Base aasmir and using Two Kukri , going

1 Weapon Finesse
1 Weapon Focus = Kukri
3 Two weapon Fighting
3 Slashing Grace
5 Two-Weapon Grace

Eventually Two weapon Rend

And going Fates favored for a Trait

Kurald Galain
2023-01-15, 04:06 AM
So ai thinking Dex / WISDOM Base aasmir and using Two Kukri , going

Looks good to me.

spectralphoenix
2023-01-15, 12:12 PM
The other catch with a TWF build is that unless you're using Fervor to cast a self-buff, casting spells with somatic components in combat can be problematic. A weapon cord can help, but it still takes a move action to retrieve your weapon after casting.

Thunder999
2023-01-15, 03:56 PM
I feel like warpriests don't cast many spells without fervor mid fight. Maybe while an enemy is out of range, but you can always just start a fight by casting, then draw your second weapon as a move action.

Nosta
2023-01-15, 07:35 PM
The other catch with a TWF build is that unless you're using Fervor to cast a self-buff, casting spells with somatic components in combat can be problematic. A weapon cord can help, but it still takes a move action to retrieve your weapon after casting.

Ya most of the Offensive Buffs will be used a via fevor , ideally I can determine the duration of my Defensive spells and cast accordingly.