PDA

View Full Version : The Cataclysm (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) OOC Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-14, 10:01 AM
Hello everyone! Congrats on making the cut! Before I toss yall into the mist, I'd like to establish that you all know each other, but I'm not gonna tell you how. I want you as a group to develop that history in a relatively short pregame brain storm. How's that gonna work? I'm gonna post a short character description of everyone based on what they put on thier CS. You will look at the person below your description, and give a short, no more than a paragraph, description of an encounter the two of you had, maybe the two of you escaped the guard one weekend after a night of drinking, or you were high-res to kill a low level infestation of some sort, this experience should be in the scope of level 1 adventurers, and create a positive bond between you, and the character below yours, Cheyenne, since yours is at the bottom, do yours with the top player. Once you each have posted your blurb, we can move on to the next step.

Ted Hundred - Human Martyred Bloodrager weilding an orcish axe, seeks vengeance against royals who killed his ancestors.

Rosalina Rivet - Tiefling Divination Wizard, orphaned by her parents, expelled by multiple schools and magical teachers, she seeks arcane secrets and keeps her promises.

Grey Gareth - Human Shadow Oracle, this drug addicted orphan lived in the gutter for far too long, and the shadows of his past still haunt him, while the law seeks him. The light hurts his eyes and the shadows obey him.

Millie - Elan Psychometabolist Psion, this child sized guild member was able to establish herself with her natural talents, but now seeks to enrich herself and overcome challenges outside of guild life.

Amelie Pentagrast - Human Unchained Rogue, that's Miss Pentagrast mind you, she searches for clues for her brothers who went missing, weeding truth from a tangles mess of dead ends.

Cheyanne Julus - Half Orc monk and follower of Irori, This Tribal looking woman in holy robes seeks self perfection and inner enlightenment through trials and overcoming challenges.

INC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?653112-Cataclysm-(AD-amp-D-Ravenloft-gt-PF1-Conversion)-INC-Thread&p=25682950#post25682950)

Roll20 link for maps
https://app.roll20.net/join/14624919/0M4yEw

Ancient
2023-01-14, 07:01 PM
It was all a simple misunderstanding, really. The man had paid, quite generously, for a piece of paper. What the man thought the paper promised, and what the paper really said, were another matter entirely, but it certainly wasn't Amelie's job to ensure the man was properly literate, nor was it her duty to properly explain to the man that refunds certainly not done. That is when Cheyanne intervened, simply asking what the problem was and reassuring the simpleton that it could all be worked out, like there was a cure for loutishness. THAT, was when the man, had called Miss Julus a name, a rather uncharitable name, and to mind her own, thrice-damned half blood business. So, Miss Julus promptly broke the man's jaw, and all sorts of chaos erupted. Cheyanne didn't see the knife coming for her, but I, being used to such sorts of chicanery, did. I removed the would be stabber from the fight with a well placed kick to the nethers, but unfortunately recieved a broken bottle in my side from yet another of the man's neverending supply of associates. Really, if the man had half as much brains as he did lackwits, all of this would have never transpired. Needless to say, after the fight, Cheyanne put a kind touch to the wound and all was better, and we, have been watching each others back ever since.

Miss Pentagrast, btw, will be speaking in A nice shade of blue

Here I am putting the sheet line for Miss Pentagrast (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2741316)

Perception: 1d20+9

Initiative: 1d20+4

DigoDragon
2023-01-14, 11:02 PM
Rosalina (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2736559)

It began as a dreary cold morning under fog of both weather and mind. Rose awoke with a hangover after a night of ale and potatoes, because when you're an adult, nothing really stops you from making poor life decisions. It was at the marketplace where she first met him; the pale man she mistaken at first glance for a corpse. He was, as it turned out, very much alive. The same was noticed for the shadows around him. Rose had an eye for mystical things, and a heart for a fellow guttersnipe. A few coins parted from her purse to his hand. The small act of kindness was kept quiet; Rose was not one to make theatrics of the heart and so she simply passed him the coins and then herself passed from view.

No deed goes unpunished. Their paths crossed that evening when some thugs attempted to rob Rose for walking down the wrong alley. It was dark, and Rose's spells only hindered the threat coming for her. One of them grabbed her by the brim of her big, floppy, hat. Her personal effect was yanked off, exposing small horns on top of her head. Rose's tail curled up tighter under her long skirt as she shouted for help. Then the shadows came up like a cloak and enveloped her, protecting Rose from the daggers of her assailants. There were muffled screams of fear--and the thugs fled back to the fading light. Rose leaned back against the nearby wall.

The pale man was there.

Rose took a deep breath. She rarely thought much about the shadows; tieflings were often insinuated to walk them constantly, but Rose was more about following portents. This day, the threads of fate brought her to this man. It helped that he didn't run off or point and stare. She picked up her hat and donned it carefully before reaching out to him with a gentle hand.

"Rosalina," she introduced. "Can I buy you a drink?"

DarkOne-Rob
2023-01-14, 11:21 PM
It was all a simple misunderstanding, really. The man had paid, quite generously, for a piece of paper. What the man thought the paper promised, and what the paper really said, were another matter entirely, but it certainly wasn't Amelie's job to ensure the man was properly literate, nor was it her duty to properly explain to the man that refunds certainly not done. That is when Cheyanne intervened, simply asking what the problem was and reassuring the simpleton that it could all be worked out, like there was a cure for loutishness. THAT, was when the man, had called Miss Julus a name, a rather uncharitable name, and to mind her own, thrice-damned half blood business. So, Miss Julus promptly broke the man's jaw, and all sorts of chaos erupted. Cheyanne didn't see the knife coming for her, but I, being used to such sorts of chicanery, did. I removed the would be stabber from the fight with a well placed kick to the nethers, but unfortunately recieved a broken bottle in my side from yet another of the man's neverending supply of associates. Really, if the man had half as much brains as he did lackwits, all of this would have never transpired. Needless to say, after the fight, Cheyanne put a kind touch to the wound and all was better, and we, have been watching each others back ever since.
Cheyanne is not a Paladin yet, in spite of what our DM said. Monk 2 so far, so no Lay on Hands.

As for the rest, I like it. Once Cheyanne's 'voice' is more familiar it will be easier to work quotes, but the basic idea is solid.
Cheyanne was never very good at meditation - "inner peace" just wasn't her thing and it took so long! - but she tried every morning. The mists on the edge of the woods near Kolton were particularly thick and cloying as the sun peeked over the horizon and in spite of her efforts to harden herself against the elements Cheyanne shivered. Her eyes were still closed as she tried to focus her mind and direct her thoughts inward, but the constant chill was making it difficult.

Perhaps that's why she didn't notice the three men sneaking up on her, their intent obviously hostile. The detail-oriented observer might note several bruises, a broken nose, and a jaw wired shut - all souvenirs from the previous night's barfight where Cheyanne had met Amelie. (Wait! Miss Pentagrast, Cheyanne would have corrected herself.) As the female monk sat and the men crept a fourth figure appeared from the woods and with some deliberately loud steps walked towards the cross-legged woman. This new figure looked like a seasoned warrior - breastplate and axe and flail - and Cheyanne opened one eye to look in his direction as he approached.

He got to about ten yards from Cheyanne, saying nothing, just staring back over her shoulder at the trio, who had all stopped. All semblance of concentration lost, Cheyanne turned to look in the direction of the town and saw her would-be attackers. "Oh come on! Wasn't it bad enough losing to me last night? Go home, you three - you've already ruined my morning meditation!" she admonishes them, calling as she twists at the waste and raises an eyebrow questioningly. Looking between here and the new man, the three grumble and turn away, walking sullenly back into town.

Turning to the new man, Cheyanne rose in a short series of intermediate positions and bowed at the waist - a graceful series of movements that showed off her lean muscle and balance. "Thank you for warning me, good sir. My name is Cheyanne Julus. Who are you?"

Ted Hundred answered and the two spoke for several minutes before he continued on his way into the city on private business. Cheyanne watched him go as she performed her stances and forms, memorizing his appearance, name, and the sound of his voice. She was sure she could recognize him again and repay his timely presence sometime soon...

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-14, 11:31 PM
I must have misunderstood the character sheet, sorry about that. She's a monk, going for paladin.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-01-14, 11:35 PM
No complaints - getting to Champion of Irori (https://www.aonprd.com/PrestigeClassesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Champion%20of %20Irori) is somewhat challenging. I wanted to be sure she was useful in the early levels without investing in gear she would discard at the mid levels, so went Monk first. One more level of Monk, then the Paladin levels are next (2 at least), followed by entering the PrC.

Bunny Commando
2023-01-15, 08:46 AM
Character's sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2736977) for reference. And I guess Grey (Gareth is the real name, but he goes with the nickname Grey) is going to speak in... grey.:smalltongue:

---------

As much as he tried to turn over a new leaf, he could never really run away from his past.
He knew the dregs now asking for money they claimed they had lent to him (and there was a good chance they were actually telling the truth), problem was the interest rate was outrageously high; they knew he could not pay them back, so they tried to strike a deal: he would work for them until the debt was settled, but Grey knew all too well they actually meant "forever". Grey persuaded them to give him a couple days to find the money, otherwise he would accept their deal.

Of course Grey had no intention to either pay or work for them, but he had to move fast.

He needed muscle, but outside his usual circle of acquaintances - Rosalina was out of town at the moment and the others could snitch him to the dregs; he made some discreet inquiries in the more reputable parts of the city, trying to find an adventurer willing to help for an affordable sum. He hoped for a plate-clad brute, but the only one whose fee he could afford was this awkward young woman that claimed to belong to some magical guild and needed experience; with time running out, Grey felt he had no other chance to trust this Millie and her powers - at least she seemed confident in her capabilities and in the end, beggars can't be choosers.

Grey then arranged for a meeting and the fateful night he told the dregs to leave him be or Millie would make them. The dregs gave Millie a look and started chuckling, hands reaching for their weapons when one of them suddenly fell on the ground, screaming in pain. A fight broke out but it was soon over, the dregs falling one by one as soon as Millie turned her gaze towards them, whatever power she wielded enough to strike a man down with barely a gesture. On the fence if he should've felt safe or scared, Grey admired the ruin Millie had wrought on his enemies.

Well, at least she was on his side this time.

"...are you perchance looking for partners?" he asked, fingers crossed behind his back.

samduke
2023-01-15, 09:30 AM
Millie (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2739313) will speak in Bold Purple hope that works.

Ame as I have come to call her came into my life one day as we we both apparently searching for the same thing and just happen to bump into each other, after some discussion we decided to work together to meet the end goal in in the process ended up with a friendship

Ame! why it is so good to see you again, are you still looking for clues?.

looking at the assembled folk around all of whom seemed to know each other in some fashion, her eyes landed on Grey, typical human male not bad on the eyes still wondering about his last words that went unanswered (are you perchance looking for a partner?) at that time she took it for a marriage proposal and just left the question unanswered. Now here he was again and she wondered to his intent.

(ooc saturdays are real life dnd for me and very little posting)

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-15, 10:05 AM
INC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?653112-Cataclysm-(AD-amp-D-Ravenloft-gt-PF1-Conversion)-INC-Thread&p=25681183#post25681183)

We are looking great, 2 more submissions and we can start talking about INC business.

kinem
2023-01-15, 01:56 PM
Ted had found the sword wedged behind a stone at the site of an old battle. Long and sharp, and not rusted at all ... Is it magical? Ted had to find out, because the Hundreds could certainly use such an item in their quest to become strong enough to retake the city.

Of course, he had to keep it quiet. He had heard of a traveling hedge mage staying at the Black Crow Inn, looking for work. Good ... a traveler would soon move on.

He didn't see the man steal anything from the tall, pretty tiefling. But he knew the man ... Sam Crawford, a thief through and through. He took a chance ...

He tacked Sam and came up with a scroll case and showed it to her. "Is this yours?" he asked. Sam took off.

The woman nodded and thanked him, and he introduced himself.

"Rosalina, I would like to find out if this sword is magical ..."

The three watchmen - sent by Sam no doubt, and equally corrupt - stormed in. "Nobody move! We're looking for a stolen sword!" one said.

They searched the place thorughly and then left without a word, just a glare at Ted.

The sword he'd laid on the table was gone, Ted saw. Sad to lose it ...

Then Rosalina beckoned him into a private room ... and pulled the sword out from under her dress!

The sword did turn out to be magical. Rather than keep it ... swords weren't really Ted's weapon of choice anyway ... Ted ended up giving it to Fred Hundred; repayment for a favor, but that was another story ...

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-15, 02:23 PM
and thats 6! looks like we have some relationships now! Im going to start up the INC portion, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

samduke
2023-01-15, 03:03 PM
and thats 6! looks like we have some relationships now! Im going to start up the INC portion, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

um reading the introduction, it does not give us any you are here (area, town, building) ect difficult to IC stuff with what is in the intro specifically

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-15, 03:09 PM
the initial post was simply to establish a link due to that rule about having a link between inc and occ threads, the INC thread now has an introduction

samduke
2023-01-15, 05:49 PM
how do you want to handle rolls, here in ooc or in ic and then spoiled or not ?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-15, 06:48 PM
Rolls can be done in INC as long as they are fluid with the post, If you have a BLOCK of rolls, put it in a spoiler, if its 3 rolls or less, no need for a spoiler.

If you need to confirm or want to do rolls without a specific amount of role playing, like giving a will save, you can do it in ooc

Ancient
2023-01-15, 07:49 PM
Millie (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2739313) will speak in Bold Purple hope that works.

Ame as I have come to call her came into my life one day as we we both apparently searching for the same thing and just happen to bump into each other, after some discussion we decided to work together to meet the end goal in in the process ended up with a friendship

Ame! why it is so good to see you again, are you still looking for clues?.

looking at the assembled folk around all of whom seemed to know each other in some fashion, her eyes landed on Grey, typical human male not bad on the eyes still wondering about his last words that went unanswered (are you perchance looking for a partner?) at that time she took it for a marriage proposal and just left the question unanswered. Now here he was again and she wondered to his intent.

(ooc saturdays are real life dnd for me and very little posting)

"Sadly, it seems it am still looking for clues, and it seems all my leads have dried up, I may never find my brothers in this cursed land."

Ancient
2023-01-15, 07:50 PM
No worries, perhaps it was a simple bandage and good intentions that seemed to speed the healing of the wound, signs of future things to come.

DigoDragon
2023-01-15, 08:01 PM
Then Rosalina beckoned him into a private room ... and pulled the sword out from under her dress!

Heh, this gave me a Maya Schröedinger vibe from Wild Arms 3. Fun post! :smallbiggrin:

Bunny Commando
2023-01-16, 05:11 AM
@Darious Vibrtrar

Since my character has the Shadowbound curse, it would be quite useful to know the lighting conditions in the scene; right now I'm assuming we're in normal light, but knowing for sure would be great.
Thanks!

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-16, 09:31 AM
At the moment it is overcast, there is a storm brewing over the planes, no direct sunlight.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-16, 09:51 PM
@samduke roll perception

samduke
2023-01-17, 07:26 AM
@samduke roll perception

did I miss a call for that?

oh its for the -"looking around for signs of trouble"

Perception [roll0]

Bunny Commando
2023-01-17, 08:36 AM
At the moment it is overcast, there is a storm brewing over the planes, no direct sunlight.

Thanks!
Going to be a recurring question that one, hope you don't mind.

Ancient
2023-01-17, 06:40 PM
Rolling to see if we feel weird

Perception: 1d20+p <---------------------Formatting error

Ancient
2023-01-17, 06:42 PM
Take 2 to see if I can flub the bbcode

PERCEPTION ROLL: [roll0]

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-17, 07:45 PM
Did anyone have trouble with the Map, Moving their figure, etc?

DarkOne-Rob
2023-01-17, 08:54 PM
I don't see any tokens or anything when I open the map. I've used Roll20 before, so something isn't right, at least.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-17, 09:35 PM
Try it now? I adjusted some things

AHA! got it! Layers! LAYERS!!!!

alright, we are not YET on intitiative, you may move your tokens when you post doing so, and I will let people know if something happens.

samduke
2023-01-17, 11:55 PM
if roll 20 is going to continue to be a thing I would like to request the link for , be placed in the 1st post here in OOC

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-18, 05:06 AM
Done and Done

Cheyanne, you are roughly 25 ft ahead of the party, how much farther will you go to look for a way to cross?

Currently with your low light vision and perception, you think thier may be downed tree logs at the very edge of your vision.

DigoDragon
2023-01-18, 11:18 AM
AHA! got it! Layers! LAYERS!!!!

alright, we are not YET on intitiative, you may move your tokens when you post doing so, and I will let people know if something happens.

Like onions and ogres. :3

I'll move me on my next post later today.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-18, 04:04 PM
We are not yet on initiative, so you can have your mage armor cast

kinem
2023-01-18, 10:06 PM
I’ve been very busy, sorry for the lack of posting. I’ll post IC soon.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-19, 09:42 AM
On the map, everyone is currently ooc benefiting from Rosalinas 60 ft dark vision, she to expose more on the map, people will need to move and explore.

samduke
2023-01-19, 09:53 AM
okay lets go ahead and fire up some armor
Cast Inertial Armor (ML 2, PP 1) Augment 2 PP +1 duration 2 hours (3pp used and noted on sheet)
Millie AC is now 18 (applies against incorporeal touch attacks)

Psycrystal Senses Sighted 40 ft., Perception +6 [roll0]

samduke
2023-01-19, 09:34 PM
@Darius Vibrtrar

while I appreciate the psycrystal addition to the map, it may be easier to just leave it as just my image as 95% of the time the thing will be literally on or within 1ft of me...

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-20, 05:02 PM
Alright, Im going to Move us to Initiative. You guys have 1 Suprise Round, For those who dont recall, This gives you a single Standard or Move Action, and any free actions. Cheyanne, You are up first!

I will process Millies Crossbow shot as her Suprise Round shot.

Bunny Commando
2023-01-20, 06:52 PM
I'm going to cast Bless on my turn, so you might want to delay yours after mine.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-01-20, 10:08 PM
I'd like to recommend something that has worked to keep combat moving really well in games I DM and play in PbP. After determining who beats the enemies in initiative, can we work from block initiative? Anyone who beats the frogs gets to act first, posting in any order, until all those PCs have acted. Then the enemies act, as a group, and then all the PCs act in a block, posting in whatever order the players are able.

That method allows efforts to build into bonuses to Initiative mattering while not dragging the game to a crawl when we're in combat.

Just my 2 cp...

Edit: Poor first round attack rolls...oh well. Do you want us to move our tokens on the Roll20 map? Or would you like to handle that, @Darius Vibrtrar?

samduke
2023-01-21, 12:39 AM
@Darius Vibrtrar

relatable question where it actually might matter in shooting into combat the feat precise shot makes it so no neg to attack happens to avoid hitting allies...

I believe it works more or less the same way for most ranged arcane/divine spells, but Psionics , some are like a Ray and would require said feat to avoid, and others just have a range and just happen, for my psionic power Mind Thrust is one of those, do you rule it will suffer a -4 to fire into melee or will it be able to just happen as I am fairly certain my Ray power will suffer the -4

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-21, 06:37 AM
Yea block initiative is fine
Ms. Pendergast and Ted are up next

You can move your own tokens so there's no confusion on where you wish to move.

Powers that require a ranged attack roll like rays will be under the -4 effect for firing at a foe that is in melee with an ally. I will rule that you can choose not to take the -4, but risk hitting an ally if you miss.

Powers that do not require a roll to hit are not subject to this ruling.

DigoDragon
2023-01-21, 10:21 AM
Powers that require a ranged attack roll like rays will be under the -4 effect for firing at a foe that is in melee with an ally. I will rule that you can choose not to take the -4, but risk hitting an ally if you miss.

Powers that do not require a roll to hit are not subject to this ruling.

Sure! My Saturday GM does this, so that's cool with me.

Didn't expect we'd jump into this fight so quick. :smallbiggrin:
*awaits turn*

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-21, 09:40 PM
Hey millie, we are still in surprise round, first initiative block

Bunny Commando
2023-01-22, 07:08 AM
Might be me, but I can't find the Initiative counter on Roll20 anymore. I believe Grey should be next after Ted, but I might be mistaken.

samduke
2023-01-22, 07:14 AM
Hey millie, we are still in surprise round, first initiative block

um surprise round was
Draw Heavy Crossbow Load Bolt
looking a the map there is a frog on a fallen log that is by itself I will have that one be my target.
On millies initiative
Attack: (1d20+4)[8] <- well crap in a hat

and oops I guess I will edit this to say round 1, just wanted something posted because I am out all day on saturdays

on Milli's round 2 action, she moves up in an effort to see better, maybe the psycrystal can see better.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-22, 08:16 AM
What I'm saying is, not everyone has taken their suprise round action,

Ted Grey and Rose still have thier actions

Also, I waived the drawing and loading this time as having done that before initiative and let you shoot as your suprise action.

DigoDragon
2023-01-22, 09:58 AM
I'm just waiting until I get the go ahead to post. :smallredface:

kinem
2023-01-22, 10:55 AM
I’ll post tonight.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-22, 12:54 PM
Feel free to post as we are in the suprise round.

Ted, 40ft of movement only gets you to Mrs. Pendergast, but thats alright, you are still before the frogs.

samduke
2023-01-23, 03:37 AM
Your Psi-Crystal tells you about the raft behind the frogs...

do I get any details like its size, condition, is it loose or tied up, stuff like that ?

then I can decided what is the best action to take after moving

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-23, 04:21 AM
Its large enough to carry 6 people plus gear, it seems serviceable. It looks like it was tied up to the peninsula, but somehow became untethered, and is now adrift.

Aesthetic wise, its a log raft with a tent in the middle, perfect for moving around still waters like a swamp. It has two poles for pushing it along and guiding.

1st Block
Millie
Ms. Pendergast
Ted
Cheyanne

Frog #1

2nd Block
Grey
Rose

a Nat 20 will save..... really? wow....

samduke
2023-01-28, 12:09 PM
Good Grief a nat 20 -... REALLY ...
(1d20)[20] Frog Will Save..
LOL oh well millie has 8 pp remaining

DarkOne-Rob
2023-01-28, 01:31 PM
Thank you for the patience, everyone - I have begun a deployment with the US Navy and was very busy this week, in addition to getting sick. I'm better now and should have time to continue to participate, so no need to bot me.

That said, if I am ever holding things up don't hesitate to bot me to keep things going. Real life happens and sometimes I won't be able to let you all know. That said, I don't expect anything for a while.

Bunny Commando
2023-01-28, 02:01 PM
Uh, got a critical hit. Let's see if it's confirmed.

Confirmation [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-28, 02:02 PM
Thank you for your service, ill likely give you a message heads up to check in if you've not responded in a while, keep us posted if you will have foreseeable delays

Bunny Commando
2023-01-28, 02:05 PM
Thank you for the patience, everyone - I have begun a deployment with the US Navy and was very busy this week, in addition to getting sick. I'm better now and should have time to continue to participate, so no need to bot me.

That said, if I am ever holding things up don't hesitate to bot me to keep things going. Real life happens and sometimes I won't be able to let you all know. That said, I don't expect anything for a while.

I remember my time with the army, so I do understand your predicament.
Still, might be useful to have a rule about botting a player (e.g. you don't write in X days when it's your turn in combat, DM takes control of your character for that round).

DarkOne-Rob
2023-01-28, 02:11 PM
I remember my time with the army, so I do understand your predicament.
Still, might be useful to have a rule about botting a player (e.g. you don't write in X days when it's your turn in combat, DM takes control of your character for that round).
A rule like that wouldn't be a bad idea. Either way, I will do what I can to provide warning. I don't think it will happen much, as I'm not deploying on a ship, so there's that!

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-28, 02:12 PM
1st Block
Millie
Ms. Pendergast
Ted
Cheyanne

Frog #1

2nd Block
Grey
Rose

samduke
2023-01-29, 01:49 AM
I have begun a deployment with the US Navy .

well thank you for your service, I am personally interested in your rate and or rank , as well of a non classified version of what is your job

(USMC here - LT - office clerk)

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-29, 05:49 AM
@samduke

And thank you for your service as well. It was a Marine who taught me how to play tabletop rpgs all those years ago.

samduke
2023-01-29, 10:49 AM
um question why was I moved ?
I was 1 square behind that Lantern to my portraits right side as I look at it top down style..
which was 25ft from frog 2 and 15ft from frog with Grey

presuming the frog has imprved grapple or Grab and a reach of 25ft, or 20ft based on current position.

so From CMB vs Millies CMD 13
millie is not adjacent
but the squares are open so she is grappled presuming the frog had the reach

Frog #2
The middle frog opens its large mouth and its tongue shoots out towards Millie.
(1d20+8)[21] vs touch AC
(1d20+13)[22] CMB to grapple Millie
The Frogs tongue wraps around Millies Waist, grappling her.

*Notation*
can attempt to break the grapple as a standard action by making a combat maneuver check (DC equal to your opponent’s CMD, this does not provoke an attack of opportunity) or Escape Artist check (with a DC equal to your opponent’s CMD)

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-29, 11:14 AM
From what I recall you had moved down beside the lantern, then ted moved up adjacent to you.

Then this morning when the frogs were taking their actions I noticed you were suddenly not adjacent to Ted, as you had been. I figured I had accidentally moved you whilst using roll20 on my phone and put you back beside Ted. Are you saying Ted was moved to the wrong position and I mistakenly moved you rather than him? I can correct the error, if thats the case.

Frog has a reach of 30ft with their tongue and yes it has grab. And yes you will have a chance to break grapple depending on what action Ted uses with his prepared action

samduke
2023-01-29, 12:57 PM
From what I recall you had moved down beside the lantern, then ted moved up adjacent to you.

Then this morning when the frogs were taking their actions I noticed you were suddenly not adjacent to Ted, as you had been. I figured I had accidentally moved you whilst using roll20 on my phone and put you back beside Ted. Are you saying Ted was moved to the wrong position and I mistakenly moved you rather than him? I can correct the error, if thats the case.

Frog has a reach of 30ft with their tongue and yes it has grab. And yes you will have a chance to break grapple depending on what action Ted uses with his prepared action

shrug I look at the map like 1 or 2 times a week so I don't know about Ted's original spot..
anyways 30ft reach that is hell impressive.. but okay, leave things as is I guess and on millies turn

Standard Action: Escape artist a grapple. no AoO

Skill : You can attempt an Acrobatics check instead of a combat maneuver check to escape a grapple or pin.

so it would be skill check vs. #2 Frog's CMD

but that will wait for her turn I guess

DigoDragon
2023-01-29, 09:30 PM
Thanks to all who served. ^^

---

At least my failed attack didn't hurt allies. I had wondered about that situation; GMs have different ideas on 1s. :smallredface:

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-30, 01:44 AM
You took a willing -4 to not hit your allies, I considered that enough caution to negate fumble effects.

I often will use fumble effects when it flows with what is happening.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-01-30, 09:26 AM
well thank you for your service, I am personally interested in your rate and or rank , as well of a non classified version of what is your job
Prior Enlisted (ET2, Surface SATCOM) that joined he Dark Side and now I’m a LT hoping to make LCDR this year. I lead the IT shop for communications and cyber.

Always a pleasure to play with others who have served!

samduke
2023-01-30, 12:43 PM
Woot way to go ted...

okay what check to realize the distance they could reach with that tongue ?

millies action on her turn is to move back out of reach closer to rose. (moved character already)

Readied held action to fire crossbow at any frog that attacks any ally

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-30, 03:12 PM
Knowledge nature check to know the standard equation to measure the length of frog tongues.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-01-30, 06:41 PM
1st Initiative block
Ted
Millie
Cheyanne
Ms. Pendergast
Does this mean it is Cheyanne's turn to post? I want to be sure I understand what you're communicating to us. Thanks!

Edit: Good grief...my dice are going to kill Cheyanne...

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-30, 07:08 PM
Yes, anytime your Initiative Block is up you are free to post your turn.

samduke
2023-01-30, 11:49 PM
Knowledge nature it is a trained skill for her SO...
[roll0]

16 hope its enough

edited

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-31, 03:30 AM
You believe you remember hearing that a frogs tongue can extend out three times the length of their body, so a 10 foot long frog, would be able to snatch something 30ft away

samduke
2023-01-31, 07:04 AM
okay I am editing my action to include Words

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-31, 07:43 PM
Millie can take her Readied action vs Frog #1, the frog has gummed up Cheyanne with Frog spit

samduke
2023-01-31, 07:46 PM
The

[rolled a 9 total] Bite - (1d6+3)[4] Damage
(1d20+9)[27] CMB to Swallow Whole (Free Action) <- I do not think this is a free action

however I believe it constitutes as an attack action to trigger the held action for Millie

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-31, 07:48 PM
Its an ability they have to Swallow Whole if they start the round with the target grappled AND succeed on a bite attack on the adjacent target. But. Failed to Bite.

And yes. Millie can attack.

Bunny Commando
2023-01-31, 07:52 PM
Did Millie perchance kill the frog?
Would be good to know so that I can decide what to do with my turn. Thanks!

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-31, 07:54 PM
The Frog is not Quite yet Dead. But is certainly in its last 25% of HP

Bunny Commando
2023-01-31, 07:56 PM
Tough little buggers they are.
Thanks!

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-01-31, 08:02 PM
how hey! Daggers have a crit range of 19-20! roll that confirm crit!

Bunny Commando
2023-01-31, 08:03 PM
Another critical. Guess Grey is stealing all of Cheyanne's fortune.:smalltongue:

Confirmation roll [roll0] Damage [roll1]

samduke
2023-02-01, 07:30 AM
Grey - HP: 17\17 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: Bless (18 rnds.), Cloak of Darkness (1 hr.)

is the Bless effecting the party, if so we all need to adjust for it

samduke
2023-02-01, 07:33 AM
how hey! Daggers have a crit range of 19-20! roll that confirm crit!

should roll confirm crit no matter what, just as a note but if the original short of a nat 20 fails to hit the crit threat does not matter
unless that overall number does hit

DarkOne-Rob
2023-02-01, 03:52 PM
Another critical. Guess Grey is stealing all of Cheyanne's fortune.:smalltongue:

Confirmation roll [roll0] Damage [roll1]
So it would appear! At least someone is getting it!

Bunny Commando
2023-02-01, 06:51 PM
is the Bless effecting the party, if so we all need to adjust for it

Area of effect of the spell is highlighted on Roll20, so you can see if you're affected by it.

Bunny Commando
2023-02-02, 06:37 AM
@Darius Vibrtar
IIRC, it should be Ted in the first Initiative block instead of my character.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-02, 08:42 AM
Doh, that's what I get for dming at 5am. Lol thank you.

Ancient
2023-02-02, 05:16 PM
Miss Pendagrast

Seeing the behemoth frog threatening Cheyanne collapse, Miss Pentagrast mutters a very unladylike curse and whirls around to engage the wounded frog that appears to be flanking her.

"I am NOT enjoying the bayou!" Miss Pentagrast hisses as her blades lash out.

Double Dagger Attack:
Main Blade - To Hit: [roll0] , Damage: [roll1]
Main Blade - To Hit: [roll2] , Damage: [roll3]

Ancient
2023-02-02, 05:18 PM
Uh, too many distractions, that was supposed to go in the IC thread, and it is 11 to hit on the main and 16 on the secondary (for 2 damage).

samduke
2023-02-02, 11:42 PM
okay relatable to pf experience are we all using Medium or Fast track>?
level Medium Fast
2nd 2,000 1,300
+ 600 exp
going towards
3rd 5,000 3,300

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-03, 05:00 AM
We are on fast track, at the end of each of the modules there will be additional level ups for mod completion.

samduke
2023-02-05, 03:33 AM
millie does not have much to say or do atm

Bunny Commando
2023-02-05, 07:53 AM
By the way, is anyone in need of healing?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-05, 08:50 AM
I actually think everyone got out with no damage

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-05, 02:43 PM
@rose

Don't forgot prestidigitation lasts an hour, you could share that love

DigoDragon
2023-02-05, 04:03 PM
@rose
Don't forgot prestidigitation lasts an hour, you could share that love

Ah, too true. Alright, everyone gather around. Free dry cleaning, for all!

samduke
2023-02-06, 07:44 AM
okay with 8 hours sleep/rest millie will regain her expended power points.
1 days ration expended

Perception check everyone.
psycrystal [roll0]
millie [roll1]

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-08, 05:38 AM
Will give Cheyanne til Friday to roll perception, then I'll roll for them, if everyone else will roll initiative as well, that will be helpful while we wait. I'll roll for anyone who hasn't rolled by Friday

Bunny Commando
2023-02-08, 05:59 AM
Sure, here's mine.

Initiative [roll0]

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-08, 09:30 AM
Don't mind me... just DM rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

DarkOne-Rob
2023-02-08, 12:51 PM
Thank you for the patience, everyone. I will be posting tonight.

I spent the last several days traveling from Virginia to Djibouti and getting settled. It's been tiring, but I now have internet access in my room and should be able to keep up better.

DigoDragon
2023-02-08, 01:49 PM
Initiative check [roll0]

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-08, 02:27 PM
Its all good!, roll me an initiative when you get a chance

samduke
2023-02-08, 02:46 PM
millie Initiative [roll0]
repositioned my character (move action)

Bunny Commando
2023-02-08, 02:53 PM
You know, I don't really like how those rolls are so high. :smalleek:

Ancient
2023-02-08, 04:53 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

kinem
2023-02-08, 05:48 PM
Ted’s Initiative [roll0]

samduke
2023-02-08, 06:09 PM
okay seeing the croc's numbered should help, I have a busy weekend FYI, and will try to get my post in but just in case the default is crossbow to nearest croc. (LOL) Gator Boots

DarkOne-Rob
2023-02-09, 12:01 AM
Cheyanne has the class feature “Forewarned,” which allows her to “always act during surprise rounds.” I figure that means she acts last in the Surprise Round. I’ll check the full text later when I can.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-09, 01:22 AM
Oh. Neat. Still need an initiative roll for Cheyanne though

A nornkith can always act in the surprise round, even if he does not notice her enemies, though she remains flat-footed until she takes an action. In addition, she gains a bonus on initiative rolls equal to half her monk level (minimum +1).

DarkOne-Rob
2023-02-09, 01:53 PM
That's the class feature!

Initiative: [roll0]

I will also post an action just to stay on top of things.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-09, 05:36 PM
Suprise Round Initiative!

Rose is up! then Croc!

Suprise round over!!!!
1 croc dead!
Everyone take your turn before the other crocs act!

Manifesting powers follows the same rules as casting spells to determine attacks of opportunity.

Injury: Getting hurt or being affected by hostile psionics while trying to manifest a power can break your concentration and ruin a power. If you take damage while trying to manifest a power, you must make a concentration check (DC 10 + points of damage taken + the level of the power you’re manifesting). The interrupting event strikes during manifestation if it occurs between when you start and when you complete manifesting a power (for a power with a manifesting time of 1 round or longer) or if it comes in response to your manifesting the power (such as an attack of opportunity provoked by the manifesting of the power or a contingent attack from a readied action).

To manifest a power while grappling or pinned, you must make a concentration check (DC 10 + the grappler’s CMB + the level of the power you’re casting) or lose the power.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-02-10, 10:55 AM
I don't think this is working out...Monks have a reputation for being ineffective, but it's my dice that are causing all of Cheyanne's attacks to miss...literally every attack so far this adventure!

Ugh...

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-10, 12:06 PM
Its all the dice, things will get better, statistically have to.

samduke
2023-02-10, 02:24 PM
@Darius Vibrtrar

Millie, manifesting her armor takes her mind off of the croc in front of her for just a moment, a moment in which a croc takes advantage of the opportunity.

[AoO
(1d20+5)[17] to bite (1d20+5)[10] to confirm
(1d6+4)[9] damage. [roll1d6+4[/roll] crit damage
(1d20+11)[29] grab grapple if bite hits]

The crocs teeth are able to pierce the halflings flesh and grapple her into its maw.

[Millie roll concentration to finish your psionic power before the grappled condition takes effect]

good grief getting tired of large things that have Reach and Grab...

Millis is not a halfling - she is Elan small size

You must make a concentration check with a DC equal to 10 + 1/2 the damage that the continuous source last dealt + the level of the spell/power you're casting

When you are psionically focused, you can expend your focus on any single concentration check you make thereafter. When you expend your focus in this manner, your concentration check is treated as if you rolled a 15

10+4+1 = 15 , Millie is treated as if she rolled a 15 and this should pass
I do not need focus to manifest the armor and so that should also take effect

9 damage ouch that hurt

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-10, 02:29 PM
My apologies, I miss spoke. Yes. Elan, not halfling. I will edit that.

Let's see... I think you had a +4 int and +2 manifested makes a concentration check of 21.

DC is 10+ 9 damage + power level 1 for dc 20

Yup! You still get the power off!

Bunny Commando
2023-02-10, 02:34 PM
It's usual swinginess of low-level Pathfinder combined with the terrain (we can't really flank in these swamps).

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-10, 02:43 PM
Also, haven't been using reach with the crocs,

Frogs? Yes. Super reach.

There were 2 crocs adjacent to you when you started to manifest, so one took a swing. Luck of the dice. Lucky the crocs are not interested in sharing, they each are only targeting 1 pc.

But if it makes it any better, the next combat doesn't focus on reach, grapple, swallow hole, or large vs small

Ancient
2023-02-10, 05:01 PM
critical confirm for attack #2 [dice]1d20+4[/roll]

Ancient
2023-02-10, 05:01 PM
critical confirm for attack #2 [roll]1d20+4[/roll

Ancient
2023-02-10, 05:02 PM
DM, please roll for my critical confirm

samduke
2023-02-10, 05:02 PM
Also, haven't been using reach with the crocs,

Frogs? Yes. Super reach.

There were 2 crocs adjacent to you when you started to manifest, so one took a swing. Luck of the dice. Lucky the crocs are not interested in sharing, they each are only targeting 1 pc.

But if it makes it any better, the next combat doesn't focus on reach, grapple, swallow hole, or large vs small

how are they adjacent unless that raft is a lot smaller than it appear on the graphic, millie is in the center of what appears to be a 15ft x 15ft raft with that space right in front of grey empty

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-10, 05:13 PM
If you look on the map grid, the two crocs to millies adjacent right are in the squares adjacent to her. Functionally, these crocs are 5×10 squares [long]
The space below gray has half a croc, and the space below that had another half a croc

[roll0] confirm

Ms Pendergast, why are you rolling sneak attack damage?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-10, 06:32 PM
@rose

Roll confirmation, maybe your crit damage will Injure the croc

Ancient
2023-02-10, 07:24 PM
If you look on the map grid, the two crocs to millies adjacent right are in the squares adjacent to her. Functionally, these crocs are 5×10 squares [long]
The space below gray has half a croc, and the space below that had another half a croc

[roll0] confirm

Ms Pendergast, why are you rolling sneak attack damage?

I THOUGHT that if I went before an opponent in the first round of combat I could get SA damage, but I do believe that is from a previous edition, if the croc acted in the surprise round, it is not flatfooted and not subject to SA as per pathfinder rules.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-10, 07:42 PM
Yea, the crocs have already acted, ill post in a bit your effects

DigoDragon
2023-02-10, 08:08 PM
Oh, I didn't notice what I rolled.

[roll0]

samduke
2023-02-10, 08:56 PM

hrm okay, so is millie grappled then ?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-10, 09:01 PM
@pendergast.

Don't forget that dagger is technically a +3 dagger vs animals, extra attack bonus and damage.

Yes millie is grappled, but if this keeps up, it won't last!

DigoDragon
2023-02-10, 09:13 PM
I don't think this is working out...Monks have a reputation for being ineffective, but it's my dice that are causing all of Cheyanne's attacks to miss...literally every attack so far this adventure!

Wish I could have donated my 20 to you. Was rather wasted on my part.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-10, 09:45 PM
I've made an edit as there was a small confusion on croc #5 vs croc #4.

Crocs 5 and 6 are now dead. Millie is no longer grappled.

I do believe Ted is our last PC up

samduke
2023-02-11, 12:03 AM
I've made an edit as there was a small confusion on croc #5 vs croc #4.

Crocs 5 and 6 are now dead. Millie is no longer grappled.

okay so croc 3& 4 are still partially adjacent to millie correct?
rose and perdergast have 1 & 2 near

Grey and ted should concentrate on croc 4
rose, millie and pendergast should work on croc 2

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-11, 12:17 AM
Yes. 3 and 4 are diagonally adjacent to millie and are flanking ted.

DigoDragon
2023-02-11, 06:30 AM
Sounds like a plan. Just have to think how Rose can actually do damage in melee. ^^;

samduke
2023-02-11, 08:13 AM
Sounds like a plan. Just have to think how Rose can actually do damage in melee. ^^;

i hear that millie has no melee weapon either... need a dagger me thinks

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-11, 11:56 AM
Alright, All the NPCS are effectively in one block, and the PCs are in the Other, wooooo, that was a crazy NPC block. but everyone is still "Standing" Everyone! its your turn! Do the thing!

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-11, 04:06 PM
for future refrence.

being at 0 hp gives you the staggered condition.

Staggered
A staggered creature may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can he take full-round actions). A staggered creature can still take free, swift, and immediate actions. A creature with nonlethal damage exactly equal to its current hit points gains the staggered condition.

Bunny Commando
2023-02-11, 05:14 PM
Made a mistake, Grey is attacking #4, not #1.

DigoDragon
2023-02-11, 10:43 PM
Forgot to roll for my Portent ability. :smallsigh:

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-11, 11:03 PM
Lucky you didn't need it! Swish swish swish!

DigoDragon
2023-02-12, 01:27 PM
Lucky you didn't need it! Swish swish swish!

Uh? The srd I was reading says casting defensively mean you don't provoke an AoO at all. Failing the concentration check only loses your spell, not cause an AoO. Where did it say it causes an AoO for failing the check?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-12, 01:31 PM
Oh dear, conversion error.

Side effect of converting from 1e dnd to pf in my head, sometimes other editions and rules sneak in. Thank you for the correction.

So that means the aoo is being striken from the record, you lose the spell, don't get the ac bonus. And when they do attack, you do get hit instead and take 10 damage. And are now grappled.

I'll adjust the post

DigoDragon
2023-02-12, 09:06 PM
Oh dear, conversion error.

Side effect of converting from 1e dnd to pf in my head, sometimes other editions and rules sneak in. Thank you for the correction.

So that means the aoo is being striken from the record, you lose the spell, don't get the ac bonus. And when they do attack, you do get hit instead and take 10 damage. And are now grappled.

I'll adjust the post

It's alright.

Though I'm a little confused by the post now. On my screen it shows the croc has a to-hit of 14. Rose's AC is 17. Are the numbers wrong on my screen?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-12, 09:21 PM
*facepalm*

No.

You are right, I misread and swapped mage armor and magic missile castings.

You are free!!!

I am so sorry for the confusion.

DigoDragon
2023-02-13, 05:40 AM
I am so sorry for the confusion.

It's alright. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have moments like that when I was in the DM seat. ^^

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-13, 02:46 PM
2nd combat over! 700 exp!

samduke
2023-02-13, 04:03 PM
is there a check involved in gathering gators for millie's gator boots ?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-13, 04:20 PM
DC 10 survival check or an untrained craft check DC to determine that you don't ruin the materials to make later, you can try up to 6 times, cause 6 gators.

But I think the footwear you are making would indeed be called crocs.

samduke
2023-02-13, 07:06 PM
DC 10 survival check or an untrained craft check DC to determine that you don't ruin the materials to make later, you can try up to 6 times, cause 6 gators.

But I think the footwear you are making would indeed be called crocs.

LOL Animal Bane dagger, to remove (from each) the 2 feet which will be used as the "TREDS" then some hide for the sides / top, embellished by teeth around the tops - similar to hiking boots

croc 1
Survival [roll0]
Craft [roll1]

croc 2
Survival [roll2]
Craft [roll3]

croc 3
Survival [roll4]
Craft [roll5]

croc 4
Survival [roll6]
Craft [roll7]

croc 5
Survival [roll8]
Craft [roll9]

croc 6
Survival [roll10]
Craft [roll11]

DigoDragon
2023-02-13, 09:31 PM
At least three really good rolls there for some boots.

samduke
2023-02-14, 07:58 AM
well I will allow the GM to determine how many croc boots are crafted
* Croc meat to go around ( GM we need actual number of rations gain from that )

and when done millie gives the dagger back

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-14, 08:32 AM
6 sets of finely made croc boots

And 12 days of rations made.

Lmao, millie up to your neck in swamp, she is pretending to be a crocodile.

samduke
2023-02-14, 07:10 PM
did Cheyanne and Millie not sneak up (stealth) and look around (perception) before

The other eye is milky and blank. The man smiles and motions with his withered hand, inviting you to join his group.
"Come.... Come.... you are expected. You have my word, this night you will find no danger you do not seek, as long as you sit at our fire"

as I could see what was described before that portion fitting with the perception checks made...

and then the portion after I am presuming are 2 children juggling knives between themselves

anyways just trying to understand what is seen by the sneaking pair vs what is seen later by the party - presumed the whole is what is seen at that point

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-14, 07:17 PM
You have the feeling that you were spotted as you were sneaking up.

The sneaking pair see the description first, then hear the invitation, then the 3 children playing with wooden knives.

The group on the raft, hear the invitation, then see the description, then the 3 children playing with wooden knives.

samduke
2023-02-14, 08:59 PM
okay the roll map is not updated apparently
but millie will go back to the middle of the group after the "failed" scouting

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-14, 09:04 PM
So, Im not calling for initiative at this time unless one of you wants to initiate Combat, If a need for a map comes up, I will make one.

samduke
2023-02-15, 12:28 PM
ahh okay that explains it then

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-16, 02:25 PM
Trying to give everyone a chance to talk, ask questions, learn and RP before the next stage of the RP encounter starts

But if at any point everyone is ready to move on, just chime in.

@Rose, yes the children laugh and titter at your magic

DigoDragon
2023-02-16, 08:44 PM
@Rose, yes the children laugh and titter at your magic

Nice. Sadly the show is short lived. Rose is going to feel pressure to stop playing with her magic. :smalltongue:

samduke
2023-02-17, 08:58 PM
millie is mostly observing and has nothing to say, just sticking close to the party

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-17, 09:16 PM
At the moment specifically waiting to see if Pendergast has a response to roses revelation, or if Grey has a response.

Otherwise I'll move forward

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-21, 03:13 PM
Alright

Cheyanne, rose, Grey and Millie seem ready to move on, Pendergast and Ted feel the same?

kinem
2023-02-21, 03:15 PM
I’ll post IC this evening but ok to move on.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-22, 10:05 AM
Everyone can replenish for a long rest,

DigoDragon
2023-02-22, 11:27 PM
Spells are memorized for the day. Ready to move onward into the dangers once more. :smalltongue:

Ancient
2023-02-22, 11:52 PM
Ready to move on.

Bunny Commando
2023-02-23, 09:52 AM
@Darius Vibrtrar
Uh, so even if it's morning I guess there's not much light in this swamp? Just so I know if Grey is dazzled or not.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-23, 04:13 PM
Correct, not much light in the swamp, no dazzled

Bunny Commando
2023-02-23, 06:20 PM
Thanks!
Guess Ravenloft is a nice place if you don't like going out in the sun.:smalltongue:

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-25, 01:44 AM
@grey

No magical auras visible other than what your party has

Bunny Commando
2023-02-25, 04:49 AM
Thanks, I'll edit my post to relay the info.

samduke
2023-02-25, 06:16 PM
all my experience with anything ravenloft is that it is typically darker than normal

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-26, 07:55 AM
@rose

It seems to be a book of children's poems by looking at the cover.

@grey

You find food in the containers. You could have several meals here.

samduke
2023-02-28, 08:12 AM
what would be the relatable check to determine the nature of the poem?

millie will see what she knows
Knowledge (any) [roll0]
Knowledge (Psionics) [roll1]
Perception [roll2]

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-02-28, 10:35 AM
Something is off about the poem... it doesn't seem to make sense, the words are out of order maybe?

@Cheyanne
There doesn't seem to be anything outside the excessively large amount of lit lanterns, barrels of food and water, and a young man with a book of children's poems

samduke
2023-03-04, 09:27 AM
busy next 2 days so this is the actions for millie

millie is observing and keeps to the center of the group

DigoDragon
2023-03-04, 04:54 PM
Cool, thanks for letting us know. :3

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-04, 05:43 PM
@ grey

yes, a diplomancy roll would be great!

Bunny Commando
2023-03-04, 05:52 PM
Sure, here it is.

[roll0]

EDIT: Of course I had to roll low, of course.:smallannoyed:

samduke
2023-03-07, 12:41 AM
wow i think im caught up IC just posted a simple action.

seems like this is the "Hook" to get us to go an do as we are adventurer's

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-07, 05:52 AM
Its like reaching into a tackle box without looking. Its dangerous cause its full of hooks. Lol.

DigoDragon
2023-03-07, 10:42 PM
Its like reaching into a tackle box without looking. Its dangerous cause its full of hooks. Lol.

Oh ouch! That is a mental image to remember. :smalltongue:

samduke
2023-03-11, 07:57 AM
millie did make this same comment earlier at the house on stilts... about the phrase

Rose has been on-and-off pondering Luc's phrases. They're out of order in some way;

now we have it in correct order it seems

"The night of evil shall descend on the land, when this hexad of signs near at hand."

and dont forget that millie is there, even though I am posting like 1 per day she is still there, its almost like you guys are ignoring that fact.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-11, 08:42 AM
Alright guys! you have made it to town!

I have put up a town map on Roll20 so you guys can see where you are and where you can Explore, investigate, or other stuff!

Now, there is a system for investigating, if that is what you are interested in doing. There are informational clues around town that may or may not be helpful to your goals.

@Millie, I hope now that we are in town Millie will be able to feel more involved and less ignored, especially now that everyone is aware you were beginning to feel that way.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-03-11, 09:59 AM
and dont forget that millie is there, even though I am posting like 1 per day she is still there, its almost like you guys are ignoring that fact.
I'm in a similar boat - can't always post often. I haven't forgotten you, though, and will try to be sure to interact with the other PCs a bit more as I have time.

samduke
2023-03-11, 10:45 AM
not a huge thing on the interactions with the party - because thats the way it goes sometimes,

@GM
please explain the investigation system I have not heard of such a thing, short of Listen, Spot, Search, Gather Information ( perception )

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-11, 10:55 AM
Alright so

"Gossip" can be attained at different locations around the town. At each location a diplomacy check can be rolled to see if you are able to get that location [person] to "pour the tea". You get one chance a day to roll for gossip at each location. Others may assist with diplomacy to give better chances.

As you can gather from your interactions from Brucian, a non-human aiding or being the main diplomacy, will have a higher DC to gain the "gossip" but its not cumulative, while aid another with diplomacy is cumulative, if you have a 1 main roller and the other 5 attempt to aid, you can provide up to an additional +10 to the main roller.

For how this will play out, you as a group tell me where on the map you'd like to go, and roll diplomacy. I'll post results, any "gossip" gained, and you can respond with any follow up questions, and any other things you might like to do at the location before heading to the next.

Your current location is marked by the small red circle on the map.

Bunny Commando
2023-03-11, 11:01 AM
Guess we should see who has the highest Diplomacy bonus, Grey has +9.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-11, 11:07 AM
Just looking.... and yea, its Grey with +9, ms. Pendergrast, is right behind with a +8.

Bunny Commando
2023-03-11, 11:14 AM
Just remembered Grey could cast Enhanced Diplomacy, so his bonus should be +11. If everyone is fine with it, I think he should take point in rolling Diplomacy with the others providing assistance.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-11, 11:19 AM
Duration 1 minute, yea that should be enough, casting it before approaching, that'll work. Good thing its divine magic ✅

DarkOne-Rob
2023-03-11, 02:01 PM
Do we get to know the DCs for the Diplomacy checks? For example, Cheyanne has an untrained +4. If the DC goes from 10 to 15 it's statistically less likely she will be an improvement on things if she tries to help.

If its DC 12 from DC 10, though, it's worth it to try. Do we get to know?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-11, 03:13 PM
That's a fair question.

Base DC is 15 as your group are outsiders at this moment, it becomes a DC 20 with the non humans. But, if all 6 of you work together, it can effectively be a DC 10, due to the +10 from aid another.

Side note, the priest does not respond to your calls

DigoDragon
2023-03-11, 09:05 PM
millie did make this same comment earlier at the house on stilts... about the phrase

Ah you did. Sorry, I had forgotten that remark. Should have said Rose was thinking about Millie's comment on the phrasing being out of order.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-03-12, 02:41 AM
That's a fair question.

Base DC is 15 as your group are outsiders at this moment, it becomes a DC 20 with the non humans. But, if all 6 of you work together, it can effectively be a DC 10, due to the +10 from aid another.

Side note, the priest does not respond to your calls
Is the DC to "Aid Another" different than usual? Or still only DC 10?

samduke
2023-03-12, 06:14 AM
(OOC: in a mix of languages none of which are common <elven,dwarven,sylvan,draconic,celestial>)
millies swear jar ( 1 )

but in a nutshell is offended that anyone should treat anyone differently just because they look less than a normal human

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-12, 06:44 AM
@Cheyanne
The DC to aid another is indeed 10

Bunny Commando
2023-03-12, 07:36 AM
So, are people fine with me rolling Diplomacy? I mean, it's something that affects the whole party so I would like to know what everyone is thinking.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-12, 08:05 AM
Since I have everyone's numbers, to prevent a slow down, ill roll all the aid another rolls in a single post here in the ooc, when I assume Grey, rolls diplomacy.

Looks like you just need to start exploring.

samduke
2023-03-12, 09:18 AM
So, are people fine with me rolling Diplomacy? I mean, it's something that affects the whole party so I would like to know what everyone is thinking.

fine by me

DarkOne-Rob
2023-03-12, 09:46 AM
I'm good with it, Bunny Commando. I just needed to know that it was worth it for Cheyanne to try and Aid you. That has been confirmed, so I'm good.

DigoDragon
2023-03-12, 10:00 AM
So, are people fine with me rolling Diplomacy?

I'm fine with it. Rose has a diplomacy modifier of "potato", so it ain't like she'd be doing better. :smallbiggrin:

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-12, 05:30 PM
Just saw that people were having trouble seeing the map, has this been fixed?

Bunny Commando
2023-03-12, 06:19 PM
Just saw that people were having trouble seeing the map, has this been fixed?

Nope, don't see much.
This (https://i.ibb.co/Z1Jy365/Cattura.png) is what I see.

samduke
2023-03-12, 06:22 PM
Nope, don't see much.
This (https://i.ibb.co/Z1Jy365/Cattura.png) is what I see.

agreed that is what I see

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-12, 08:19 PM
I believe I have fixed the issue, try now, your tokens are off map for use later.

Bunny Commando
2023-03-13, 02:27 AM
I believe I have fixed the issue, try now, your tokens are off map for use later.

Yes, now I see the map. Is there a legend, by the way (even a generic one, like "this one is a tavern, this one looks like a rich house" and so on)?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-13, 04:05 AM
There are about 15 key locations in town, you won't know for sure what each place is until your standing in front of the building. With exception of the church and inn/tavern which you can guess at. 1 looks like it could be an inn or tavern.

Also, note that you are standing west of town, not north.

DigoDragon
2023-03-13, 03:11 PM
Dang, that compass rose is gonna annoy me to no end. Thanks, TSR. :smallbiggrin:

samduke
2023-03-13, 06:43 PM
'A Silver Snake for the night, a Copper Crocodile for each meal. Prices are set by head, not by room, so you can double up or take 6 singles. Gratuity is always appreciated for excellent service."

I am guessing this is 1 silver piece, 1 copper piece? - What time of day is it at this point ?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-13, 06:52 PM
Would be safe to assume that those are the names of the local coinage yes.

Its mid day

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-14, 04:51 PM
Just how much are you giving her?

Bunny Commando
2023-03-17, 03:47 PM
@Darius

You might've missed my last post.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-17, 06:47 PM
We must have posted a few seconds within each other, I edited the post right after your most recent post to reflect your question

Bunny Commando
2023-03-18, 07:01 AM
We must have posted a few seconds within each other, I edited the post right after your most recent post to reflect your question

Thanks! And yes, I noticed now we posted almost at the same time.

Bunny Commando
2023-03-18, 05:57 PM
Sense Motive as requested.

[roll0]

EDIT: ahahahahah, oh how I love rolling low on Sense Motive.:smallbiggrin:

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-18, 06:17 PM
He doesn't appear to be lying or trying to trick you. He sounds like his prices are firm and he won't budge on them.

samduke
2023-03-19, 05:46 AM
Since Millie has chosen to go back to the table where they both were, Grey sighs and mulls over how much to ask; again he stalls a bit to get some time to think

never said millie left, walked off followed anyone...

Bunny Commando
2023-03-19, 05:59 AM
never said millie left, walked off followed anyone...

Duncan is at another table, so when Millie asked Katha (the waitress the others were talking to) I assumed your character went back.

samduke
2023-03-19, 09:00 AM
Duncan is at another table, so when Millie asked Katha (the waitress the others were talking to) I assumed your character went back.

ahh I thought the whole was at one spot also, all good I guess

Bunny Commando
2023-03-19, 10:44 AM
ahh I thought the whole was at one spot also, all good I guess

It's fine, I'm going to assume Millie never left the table where Duncan and Grey are at then.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-20, 02:11 PM
If no one else has anything they'd like to add, I'll move us to the next event occurrence.

Bunny Commando
2023-03-20, 03:48 PM
Sure, Grey has nothing more to say.

kinem
2023-03-20, 08:46 PM
Sorry I haven’t posted much lately. I’m fine with moving on.

DigoDragon
2023-03-21, 06:51 AM
I don't think I have anything else to add either.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-03-22, 01:55 PM
Sorry for my delayed posts - Monday and Tuesdays are AWFUL here in Djibouti...

DigoDragon
2023-03-24, 05:44 AM
I find Mondays and Tuesdays pretty bad in general, so I can understand. :smallfrown:

Bunny Commando
2023-03-24, 09:08 AM
No worries, things have been peaceful for the moment; wouldn't count on staying that way, though.
My bet is that the dead will rise from the coffin!

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-24, 09:33 AM
So to prevent splitting the party, I'm gonna move the whole group with Grey and Ted to the funeral, giving everyone a moment to primp and groom.

Bunny Commando
2023-03-24, 09:53 AM
Fine by me, is there however the chance that Grey and Ted have scouted the place to check for potential threats beforehand? Even just a roll and you give us some info?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-24, 02:32 PM
Scouting from a distance there will not appear to have any threats. Everyone will be solmen and quiet as the procession starts.

Bunny Commando
2023-03-25, 04:50 AM
Good to know, thanks!

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-28, 02:06 PM
Alright, waiting on ms Pendergast, will give her til Friday to let us know if she has any reactions or input before we move forward.

DigoDragon
2023-03-28, 10:10 PM
Well. That... was a thing that happened. :smalleek:

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-29, 06:18 PM
no diplomacy needed at this moment grey

Bunny Commando
2023-03-29, 06:24 PM
Quick question: did we perchance pick some of this Red Licorice from the hut in the swamp where we found Luc (and later Brucian)?

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-30, 03:27 AM
Nope! You are clean!

Bunny Commando
2023-03-30, 05:26 PM
Nope! You are clean!

Thanks, even though clean is definitely not the word I'd use since the group has spent a few days in a swamp.:smalltongue:

DigoDragon
2023-03-30, 10:29 PM
Hmm. Starting to think there might be some silent/still metamagic in Rose's future. :smallbiggrin:

Thanks, even though clean is definitely not the word I'd use since the group has spent a few days in a swamp.:smalltongue:

I think we got a chance to clean up quickly before the funeral. Not sure how much of a bath that includes, but Rose would love to have a soak later tonight.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-03-31, 06:57 AM
Most likely it was a super quick wash up, but that might be in your future depending on what yall do next. Brucian has told you what he will and won't do.....

But you could also go back into town now that the people are back in their homes and businesses.

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-04-01, 09:35 AM
@millie

I'm confused my your statement of "its the closest"

The bakery is #2, and almost the farthest

Or did you mean it'd be the closest to a clue kinda?

samduke
2023-04-02, 06:10 AM
@millie

I'm confused my your statement of "its the closest"

The bakery is #2, and almost the farthest

Or did you mean it'd be the closest to a clue kinda?

The Constable said

"You could start at the candy shop"

OR

"You could always try talking to the Tarascon's, they own the large townhouse and the Plantation which brings in most of the income for the town."

I presumed without looking at the map that the townhouse was at the plantation, and they would be further out of the town.
so if that is not the case then it is just my bad for not looking at the map

also Millie is kind of ticked off about getting searched and that candy shop is definitely a source of information / aggravation

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-04-02, 07:13 AM
Aaaaaah!

Understood!

Thank you for clarifying.

The candy shop is indeed closer than the plantation

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-04-02, 09:18 AM
Ted or Pendergrast? anything to add?

Whats the next plan of action? talk to the town? bust open a coffin? go buy some weapons?

all the people from the funeral have gone back to town, only Brucian and the Constable have remained, other than the groundskeeper who is in the background

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-04-04, 09:29 AM
Alright Grey! Roll me that diplomacy check for once you get to the bakery, ill roll aids if you need it.

Bunny Commando
2023-04-04, 09:59 AM
Sure, here the roll.
[roll0]

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-04-06, 12:40 PM
How to describe a conspiracy theorist with a wall filled with thumb tacks connected with string in a huge web

samduke
2023-04-06, 09:28 PM
i am suffering with a nasty kidney stone and so my post rate is going to be very little for a bit

GM just play me until I return

Darius Vibrtrar
2023-04-06, 09:32 PM
Ugh!!!

Those are the worst! I wish you a speedy recovery!

Bunny Commando
2023-04-07, 06:20 AM
Sorry to hear that, best wishes!