PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for the 20th anniversary?

Chincaa
2023-01-14, 05:32 PM
I feel like we should write Rich a thank you note or just do anything to acknowledge it.

littlebum2002
2023-02-08, 12:16 PM
We should re-do the Giant-Sized Poster

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/oots/images/a/a7/Megaposter.jpg/

except include all the new characters that have been introduced since then and have each character drawn by a different forum member. I call a hobgoblin since I am not very good at art

Finagle
2023-02-10, 10:22 AM
Always felt it was a big mistake to feature the Oracle so prominently on the Evil side.

JustinKase
2023-02-10, 11:27 AM
Always felt it was a big mistake to feature the Oracle so prominently on the Evil side.

Could replace him with Oona

Synesthesy
2023-02-10, 11:51 AM

Mistake or........ foreshadowing?

:elan: duh duh duuuuuuuuuhn!

Sir_Norbert
2023-02-10, 12:14 PM

I don't think the two halves are meant to be "good" and "evil", more "allied with the Order" and "opposed to the Order". You will notice that Belkar is equally prominent to the Oracle, on the other side.

(Of course, that raises the question of Miko's placement... she was an ally for a while though, and that might outweigh the time she was an antagonist by number of strips.)

Dasick
2023-02-10, 03:33 PM

Well, he forms an opposite pair with Belkar, being a kobold. Likewise he is antagonistic to the order. Like Belkar he likes cheating the system. And his useless pointlessly antagonistic prophecy (seriously, couldn't find a way to word it better?) results in Belkar killing him, so they have a personal beef thing going.

Roy and Xykon as opposites make sense. Interesting that V and Redcloack are opposite one another, there's a few interesting parallels. Elves are the most "privileged" humanoids, while goblins are among the worst off, they're both educated and pedantic, they're both heavily emotionally invested into their plans being right, which leads them into some very questionable waters.

hroțila
2023-02-10, 04:01 PM
I'd say the wording was perfect, you can't really improve on "Yes" or "No" as an answer to a Yes/No question

edit: perhaps "Verily"?

Dasick
2023-02-10, 04:11 PM
"Not unless you want to paint the room with your insides" would be sufficiently cryptic, and give Belkar a way out of doing a stupid thing (which he would have done anyways and yeah I guess it was just a yes)

Metastachydium
2023-02-11, 08:37 AM
Mistake or........ foreshadowing?

:elan: duh duh duuuuuuuuuhn!

Neither, actually (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=9295927&postcount=4).

brian 333
2023-02-11, 01:36 PM
I volunteer to do the background.
"On a field azure" seems a good choice. Plus it is about the limit of my artistic ability on the computer.

And on a side quest: what is it that makes plants so good at finding obscure posts on this forum?

Peelee
2023-02-11, 03:41 PM
"On a field azure" seems a good choice. Plus it is about the limit of my artistic ability on the computer.

And on a side quest: what is it that makes plants so good at finding obscure posts on this forum?

Planties excel at rooting around.

Metastachydium
2023-02-12, 10:09 AM

Planties excel at rooting around.

[Happy flower noises.] (Also, you know how light is a common metaphor for knowledge? We eat that stuff. (And there's an Index. That helps, too.))

Peelee
2023-02-12, 10:59 AM
you know how light is a common metaphor for knowledge? We eat that stuff.

I'm green with envy.

brian 333
2023-02-12, 11:56 AM
I'm green with envy.

It's good to see you branch out.

I do like the idea of a gift to The Giant for his 20th anniversary. Prose and sculpture are my artistic strengths, and there is some debate about whether they really qualify as strengths.

How about a collage? We each submit a self-portrait rendered in OotS style, (no matter how crappy our individual talent,) and one of the more artistic among us assembles it into a digital poster. Or I could write a one thousand stanza epic poem about OotS. Your choice.

Metastachydium
2023-02-12, 12:58 PM
I'm green with envy.

Now, now. I'm sure your creature type has cool stuff too to tip the scales.

How about a collage? We each submit a self-portrait rendered in OotS style, (no matter how crappy our individual talent,) and one of the more artistic among us assembles it into a digital poster. Or I could write a one thousand stanza epic poem about OotS. Your choice.

Well, the Epic of Sir Thumb is still sadly unwritten