PDA

View Full Version : Which objects could have been created by an lvl 20 artificier that like necromancy

Zhepna
2023-01-15, 06:30 PM
Hi,

two of my players have background that they were created by a lvl 20 artificer that like necromancy. I try to find which objects or machines they could find in his lair since he is dead.

For the moment, what I have:
-a lab with electricity rods and a table, to creat a Frankenstein creature.
-a flesh golem that can execute very basic tasks
-an aircraft that could be an giant octopus that is dead but inside it's like an aircraft and it can fly.

I need more ideas and it can be high level items.
Thanks a lot for the information.

Telonius
2023-01-16, 09:24 AM
Necklace of Air Freshener. Combines the effect of Gentle Repose and a transmutation effect changing any grave-smell to fresh lavender. Designed for zombies that must be kept in the lab.

An onyx-polishing device.

Gloves of Electricity Resistance (to prevent on-the-job accidents while working with lightning).

Spire of Control Weather. The large central spire (that the slab is attached to) is a magic item that is capable of calling a thunderstorm 1/week. Mechanical activation, must pull a series of levers.

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-16, 10:24 AM
Self-resetting traps/runes of Preserve Food and Water, to keep as many body parts fresh as possible. Permanent black sand. A machine automatically grafting undead grafts to people. Mining machines to mine the black onyx mines below the lair. Probably a version of the Celestial Orb of Souls (Warcraft: More Magic and Mayhem (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiGpLLVscz8AhW2XqQEHcutBbwQFnoECA8QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Farchive.org%2Fdetails%2FWORLD_OF _WARCRAFT_MORE_MAGIC_MAYHEM&usg=AOvVaw2MaAPaUSlZ3EQ-_urTLr_J), p.136), basically the soul of any creature that dies close to it is sucked into the Orb. Then you can put it back into the body (Raise Dead or True Rez), into another body (Reincarnation) or simply burn it for mana (gains a few charges for the orb). Honestly one of my all-time favorite magic items, for the sheer plot-driving power it has.

Vizzerdrix
2023-01-16, 05:07 PM
A taxidermied darkmantle that has been made into an umbrella. Maybe enchanted with necromancy so it still blinks.

ShurikVch
2023-01-16, 08:53 PM
How about some of the Charonti Machines (from Jakandor)?

https://skullsinthestars.files.wordpress.com/2021/11/img_1914.jpeg?w=355

On the picture are:
Whaleship - flying with up to 4 people (+pilot) or up to 500 pounds of cargo
Bonebat - Huge 8 HD flying Construct
Bone Mole - Apparatus of Drilling

Bayar
2023-01-21, 07:11 AM
My artificer had a mount that died while adventuring. Instead of buying a new one or building a clockwork steed, she turned it into a lightning skeleton.

Your artificer could also have a raised mount that he kept for sentimental value. It does nothing but sit idle in a room or in a glass box.

Other things might be homunculi remains in various states of decay. Normally homunculi die when the master dies, but since we're talking about someone fond of necromancy they might have been working on fixing that issue. Maybe even a dedicated wright that is still dilligently crafting mundane objects like flasks and beakers for it's dead master. Perhaps inside a portable hole.

Wands and schemas of inflict wounds to be able to heal his undead minions.

Various bodyparts from monsters preserved in formaldehyde or salt. A partially mined out section of a wall of salt, with skeletal remains and pickaxes nearby.

A vat of acid somewhere for easy access to cleaning the lair. Drains that lead to a contaminated sewer from all the chemicals and ingredients used.