PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 2e - Alchemical Atomizer

Phhase
2023-01-16, 06:19 PM
Khismar developed this unique atomizer that allows for the distribution of elixirs, oils, and potions as a fine spray or mist. The atomizer can hold a single elixir, oil, or potion. An atomizer contains enough reagents to use it up to 10 times before the reagents must be replaced. A new batch of reagents costs 5 gp and requires an Interact action to replace.

Activate Interact; Effect You spray the contents of the atomizer on yourself or an adjacent willing ally or unattended object. The target gains the effects of the applied elixir, oil, or potion. The target must be a valid target for the effect, such as food or drink for a nectar of purification, or the consumable is lost.

Am I reading this right in that it allows one to stretch out the use of an alchemical item over several uses? How's this item function exactly? The description is a little confusing to me on the uses and recharge bits.

Gwynfrid
2023-01-16, 09:01 PM
The reagents mentioned in the text are for the atomization function and will work for 10 uses. The potion or elixir inside, however, will be consumed with a single use as normal.

Phhase
2023-01-16, 09:19 PM
The reagents mentioned in the text are for the atomization function and will work for 10 uses. The potion or elixir inside, however, will be consumed with a single use as normal.

Damn. Not really a point to the item other than to throw beneficial potions then.

Gwynfrid
2023-01-17, 08:38 AM
Damn. Not really a point to the item other than to throw beneficial potions then.

Yes, it's not a massive benefit. Still, it lets you buff or heal allies mid-combat using your actions rather than theirs. Given how critical it is to optimize your action economy on PF2, I think it's a very handy item.