PDA

View Full Version : Name that Prestige Class!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cowboy_ninja
2023-01-17, 12:19 AM
I'm trying to remember a prestige class.

I'm sure it was in one of the official supplement books. It had this super unique ability that gave you a bunch of DR, and you couldn't move or BE moved.

Anyone know what I'm taking about?

Vizzerdrix
2023-01-17, 12:22 AM
I'm trying to remember a prestige class.

I'm sure it was in one of the official supplement books. It had this super unique ability that gave you a bunch of DR, and you couldn't move or BE moved.

Anyone know what I'm taking about?

In the DMG. Defender or something like that. Dwarf only.

JNAProductions
2023-01-17, 12:22 AM
Dwarven Defender, maybe?

Cowboy_ninja
2023-01-17, 12:26 AM
Dwarven Defender, maybe?

thanks but no not that one.

The ability gave something like 20 DR/-, and you could not be moved. As in all attempts to pull rush or overrun you automatically fail.

Particle_Man
2023-01-17, 12:26 AM
A Tattoed Monl that picks the Crab tattoo (for dr /magic) and mountain (for immovability) tattoos might qualify and it is in Complete Warrior (a supplement).

2023-01-17, 12:30 AM
Tattooed Monk has mountain tattoo, which gives Con +4 and bull rush / trip Immunity while active, but you can't move. The OA version of the tattoo is identical, so that's a bust.

Cowboy_ninja
2023-01-17, 12:39 AM
A Tattoed Monl that picks the Crab tattoo (for dr /magic) and mountain (for immovability) tattoos might qualify and it is in Complete Warrior (a supplement).

That's the one!! Thanks!

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-17, 02:48 AM
Honestly that could be a long-running game. Find me the name of the prestige class that gives their allies the ability to sneak attack, and has Skill Mastery for four skills as a class feature.

MinimanMidget
2023-01-17, 03:16 AM
Honestly that could be a long-running game. Find me the name of the prestige class that gives their allies the ability to sneak attack, and has Skill Mastery for four skills as a class feature.

Nightsong Infiltrator, natch.

Edit: Find me the prestige class that can hide in plain sight (but not while being observed) as long as they are within 5 feet of a stone or earth wall. Specifically a wall, not just earth or stone. Extra hint: it does not use the phrase "hide in plain sight".

Gruftzwerg
2023-01-17, 04:24 AM
Nightsong Infiltrator, natch.

Edit: Find me the prestige class that can hide in plain sight (but not while being observed) as long as they are within 5 feet of a stone or earth wall. Specifically a wall, not just earth or stone. Extra hint: it does not use the phrase "hide in plain sight".

Dark Hunter

"Name the PRC that did come out as an April's fool"

Inevitability
2023-01-17, 04:34 AM
Dark Hunter

"Name the PRC that did come out as an April's fool"

The Avenger, that one Good-aligned Assassin variant.

Heal as a class skill, Intimidate as a class skill, and arcane casting advancement: which PrC has all three?

MinimanMidget
2023-01-17, 06:56 AM
The Avenger, that one Good-aligned Assassin variant.

Heal as a class skill, Intimidate as a class skill, and arcane casting advancement: which PrC has all three?

If it's arcane specific, Incantatrix or Sand Shaper. If classes that can advance any spellcasting count, lots.

Edit: in case it needs saying, since the rules aren't exactly codified here, I'm leaving the next question open for someone else to supply.

Tzardok
2023-01-17, 01:24 PM
Are 3rd party classes allowed? Then I ask: name the prestige class that requires ranks in Control Shape.

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-17, 01:58 PM
Edit: in case it needs saying, since the rules aren't exactly codified here, I'm leaving the next question open for someone else to supply.

If we're going to do the same as the OotS trivia thread, a simple "OQ" for "Open Question" at the end of your post explicitates your meaning.

Are 3rd party classes allowed? Then I ask: name the prestige class that requires ranks in Control Shape.

I guess 3rd party is allowed, but considering how wide the 3.PF 3rd party is, we should say that it's 3rd party when asking the question, and give a hint if nobody finds the answer in 12 hrs. That said, there's a non-3rd party class requiring Control Shape ranks: the Black Blood Hunter from PGtF.

Find me the Chaotic-only prestige class giving resistance to electricity 15.

MinimanMidget
2023-01-17, 06:11 PM
Find me the Chaotic-only prestige class giving resistance to electricity 15.

Storm Disciple! That one was tough.

Edit: No one saw that, right? OQ

Inevitability
2023-01-17, 06:18 PM
Thief-Acrobat!

What prestige class gives you Adept casting?

MinimanMidget
2023-01-17, 06:21 PM
Thief-Acrobat!

Dang, well done. Specifically only the 3.0 version - I forgot it got updated (which is why I tried to delete the question).

Zarvistic
2023-01-17, 07:07 PM
Thief-Acrobat!

What prestige class gives you Adept casting?
Nosomatic Chirurgeon.

What prestige class uses skill checks to do ability damage?

Venger
2023-01-18, 01:55 AM
Iaijutsu master.

What prc is the only one to cast arcane spells off of wis?

2023-01-18, 02:18 AM
Iaijutsu master.

Dark Hunter.

Which PrC changes your type to Vermin?

Venger
2023-01-18, 02:25 AM
Fang of lolth.

MinimanMidget
2023-01-18, 02:46 AM
Iaijutsu master.

Wait, iaijutsu master can do ability damage? I must be missing something, how does that work?

loky1109
2023-01-18, 02:46 AM
Iaijutsu master.

Does Iaijutsu master do ability damage? It was my first thought, but it doesn't.

Venger
2023-01-18, 02:47 AM
Does Iaijutsu master do ability damage? It was my first thought, but it doesn't.

Oh, whoops, I thought it did. Guess that one's still open then.

MinimanMidget
2023-01-18, 02:49 AM
Oh, whoops, I thought it did. Guess that one's still open then.

Closest I've been able to find is Bereft, which can inflict negative levels with Truespeak, and Dirgesinger, which can do ability damage with bardic music (Perform is involved, but no skill check).

Inevitability
2023-01-18, 03:41 AM
Thayan Slaver can deal Wisdom damage by rolling well on Intimidate, I think that's the one!

What prestige class rolls makes Use Rope checks as part of a class feature?

Venger
2023-01-18, 03:42 AM
Justiciar.

What prc do you have to qualify for more than once?

Zarvistic
2023-01-18, 03:48 AM
Thayan Slaver can deal Wisdom damage by rolling well on Intimidate, I think that's the one!

What prestige class rolls makes Use Rope checks as part of a class feature?
Yep, thats the one I had in mind!

Maat Mons
2023-01-18, 03:50 AM
Shouldn't this be happening over in the Message Board Games subforum?

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-18, 05:44 AM
Shouldn't this be happening over in the Message Board Games subforum?

In a word: all the 3.5 (and Pathfinder) nerds are here. Such a game would gain drastically less traction in the larger Message Board Games subforum.

Khedrac
2023-01-18, 07:55 AM
What prc do you have to qualify for more than once?

Ardent Dilettante

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-18, 08:19 AM
Ardent Dilettante

Nice find! Assuming OQ: Which PrC gives both Smite Evil and Improved Uncanny Dodge?

MinimanMidget
2023-01-18, 08:37 AM
Initiate of Pistis Sophia

OQ

Tzardok
2023-01-18, 08:38 AM
3rd party class: Name the prestige class that requires having levels in two other prestige classes.

Troacctid
2023-01-18, 02:51 PM
3rd party class: Name the prestige class that requires having levels in two other prestige classes.
Knight of the Rose.

Name the prestige class that has a class ability to completely rebuild your character.

Rebel7284
2023-01-18, 03:01 PM
Knight of the Rose.

Name the prestige class that has a class ability to completely rebuild your character.

Emancipated Spawn

Name a prestige class that makes you into a demi-god.

Tzardok
2023-01-18, 03:06 PM
Dragon Ascendent.

Name the prestige class whose capstone involves taking out your inner organs.

2023-01-18, 03:12 PM
Dragon Ascendent.

Name the prestige class whose capstone involves taking out your inner organs.

Walker In The Waste.

Name the PrC with an AC bonus equal to their enemy's ACP.

Inevitability
2023-01-18, 03:12 PM
Walker in the Waste with the ceramic jars, right?

Name a prestige class that forces you to eat space rocks.

2023-01-18, 03:14 PM
Walker in the Waste with the ceramic jars, right?

Name a prestige class that forces you to eat space rocks.

Green Star Adept.

Name the full casting progression PrC that requires Improved Initiative.

Troacctid
2023-01-18, 03:26 PM
Green Star Adept.

Name the full casting progression PrC that requires Improved Initiative.
Magelord.

Insert a space into the name of a prestige class to get the name of a different prestige class.

Tzardok
2023-01-18, 03:31 PM
Verminlord?

Inevitability
2023-01-18, 03:32 PM
Magelord.

Insert a space into the name of a prestige class to get the name of a different prestige class.

Dragonrider and Dragon Rider, I was looking at that one for the BHA iron chef.

What prc lets you summon a Good-aligned undead?

MinimanMidget
2023-01-18, 06:51 PM
Walker In The Waste.

Daidoji bodyguard.

Metastachydium
2023-01-18, 06:57 PM
What prc lets you summon a Good-aligned undead?

Plain old Shadowdancer.

MinimanMidget
2023-01-18, 09:18 PM
What PrC grants immunity to stun, sleep, and slow? (As a class feature, not via a type, subtype, or template.)

2023-01-18, 09:48 PM
What PrC grants immunity to stun, sleep, and slow? (As a class feature, not via a type, subtype, or template.)

Shintao Monk.

Which PrC gives you a million gp fortress as a class feature?

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-19, 07:20 AM
I'm not sure, does Kensai's capstone count? "this master likely assigns the ki warlord more responsibility and authority within his domain (perhaps giving him a castle, monastery, or military school)."

If so, OQ.

loky1109
2023-01-19, 08:43 AM
Shintao Monk.

Which PrC gives you a million gp fortress as a class feature?

Warmaster?
OQ.

2023-01-19, 09:02 AM
Warmaster?
OQ.

This was the one.

Which PrC might give 0/10 Arcane progression, 0/10 divine progression, or 10/10 arcane progression?

Rebel7284
2023-01-19, 03:38 PM
Warmaster?
OQ.

Out of curiosity, how does one calculate the value of castle in GP? I suspect the stronghold builder guide might have guidelines or something, but if I recall correctly, it's 3.0 and not super balanced.

Tzardok
2023-01-19, 03:40 PM
I'm sure that scattered over some sourcebooks there are mentions on the price of a castle, but propably nothing as finely grained as the Stronghold Builder's Guide. The first places I would look are Heroes of Battle, Power of Faerūn or maybe Miniatures Handbook.

2023-01-19, 03:50 PM
If you're looking to customize and upgrade and optimize your building, then Stronghold Builder's Guidebook is everything you could possibly want. If you just wanna know how much some basic structures costs with no bells and whistles, you can turn to page 101 in the DMG, or just check the SRD (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/wilderness.htm#buyingBuildings).

Troacctid
2023-01-19, 05:55 PM
This was the one.

Which PrC might give 0/10 Arcane progression, 0/10 divine progression, or 10/10 arcane progression?
Um...any 10/10 arcane casting class that doesn't require arcane casting?

But I'm guessing the one you're thinking of is mystic theurge, which could have shadowcaster on either half.

Name the prestige class that allows you to conjure lemon-scented acid rain at will.

2023-01-19, 06:28 PM
Um...any 10/10 arcane casting class that doesn't require arcane casting?

But I'm guessing the one you're thinking of is mystic theurge, which could have shadowcaster on either half.

Name the prestige class that allows you to conjure lemon-scented acid rain at will.

I suspected this one might be multiple choice. Was actually thinking of Wild Mage.

Cataclysm Mage?

If so, name the PrC that can make you worse at most skills when you initially take it.

pabelfly
2023-01-19, 06:52 PM
I suspected this one might be multiple choice. Was actually thinking of Wild Mage.

Cataclysm Mage?

If so, name the PrC that can make you worse at most skills when you initially take it.

War Hulk.

Which class requires Knowledge (Gemology) to enter?

MinimanMidget
2023-01-19, 06:56 PM
War Hulk.

Which class requires Knowledge (Gemology) to enter?

Crystal Master. OQ

Edit: I've been meaning to mention, I love how everyone has different approaches to picking classes and crafting questions for this game.

2023-01-19, 06:57 PM
Crystal Master. OQ

Which class gives you an breath weapon of living creatures?

MinimanMidget
2023-01-19, 07:47 PM
Which class gives you an breath weapon of living creatures?

Vermin lord. OQ (I need to come up with some good prompts in advance.)

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-19, 08:18 PM

I don't really get it. How can Wild Mage be a 0/10? Just because you can not have any spellcasting class? If so, any 10/10 class could be, just be a dragon who has sorcerer casting but no actual class level.

Taking the OQ, what prestige class can temporarily prevent other creatures from eating a specific kind of food?

2023-01-19, 08:21 PM
I don't really get it. How can Wild Mage be a 0/10? Just because you can not have any spellcasting class? If so, any 10/10 class could be, just be a dragon who has sorcerer casting but no actual class level.

Yeah it ended up broader than I thought. The feats are weird to take for a noncaster, but they are perfectly valid for a divine caster, who could take the class and then get 0/10 advancement. I was also kind of making an assumption about reasonable builds rather than trying to "well technically if you do something really ****ing stupid then everything could suck", especially when that's not necessary to find another class that fits the bill.

Taking the OQ, what prestige class can temporarily prevent other creatures from eating a specific kind of food?

Any of them capable of murder, which would definitely prevent you from eating food.

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-20, 04:01 AM
Any of them capable of murder, which would definitely prevent you from eating food.

Note that I predicted that answer, which is why I said "temporarily" and "a specific kind of food" ^^

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-21, 04:42 AM
Well, since it's been about a day, time for a hint: The mentioned kind of food is a part of our character's body.

MornShine
2023-01-21, 07:31 AM
Oh! Illithid Slayer!

Find me a prestige class that requires Combat Casting, but not the ability to cast spells.

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-21, 08:47 AM
Oh! Illithid Slayer!

Find me a prestige class that requires Combat Casting, but not the ability to cast spells.

That's the one!

MinimanMidget
2023-01-21, 09:21 AM
Oh! Illithid Slayer!

Suel Arcanamach. OQ

Tzardok
2023-01-21, 10:35 AM
Which prestige class is themed around manipulating nerves?

Inevitability
2023-01-21, 04:46 PM
Which prestige class is themed around manipulating nerves?

The Cerebrex: that iron chef wasn't too long ago.

Name a class whose only entry requirements are martial weapon proficiency and 3rd-level spellcasting.

Rebel7284
2023-01-21, 05:33 PM
Name a class whose only entry requirements are martial weapon proficiency and 3rd-level spellcasting.

Eldritch Knight.

Name a class that can give you spots like a leopard

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-21, 06:33 PM
Eldritch Knight.

Name a class that can give you spots like a leopard

Geomancer.

What prestige class gives you Improved Evasion, but only when on a mount?

MinimanMidget
2023-01-21, 06:38 PM
Geomancer.

What prestige class gives you Improved Evasion, but only when on a mount?

Aglarondan Griffonrider. Which class gives Exotic Weapon Proficiency four times?

Rebel7284
2023-01-21, 06:48 PM
Which class gives Exotic Weapon Proficiency four times?

Exoticist (not a prestige class)

What class typically requires all bad saves to enter?

loky1109
2023-01-21, 06:56 PM
What class typically requires all bad saves to enter?

Survivor.
Prestige Class that gives you assassin. 3rd party.

MinimanMidget
2023-01-21, 07:40 PM
Exoticist (not a prestige class)

The thread mandates prestige class, and exoticist doesn't really fulfill the wording I used, either. I was actually talking about Ninja Spy.

Rebel7284
2023-01-21, 08:03 PM
The thread mandates prestige class, and exoticist doesn't really fulfill the wording I used, either. I was actually talking about Ninja Spy.

Ah, got it! Sorry for the mistake!

MinimanMidget
2023-01-21, 08:04 PM
Ah, got it! Sorry for the mistake!

All good, just didn't want people thinking that was the answer I had in mind :smalltongue:

Troacctid
2023-01-21, 08:46 PM
Survivor.
Prestige Class that gives you assassin. 3rd party.
Assassin!

Rearrange the letters in the name of one prestige class to get the name of a completely different prestige class.

loky1109
2023-01-21, 09:23 PM
Assassin!

Rearrange the letters in the name of one prestige class to get the name of a completely different prestige class.

No, not assassin.
Class gives you another person with 1 (or more) level in assassin .

Venger
2023-01-21, 09:24 PM
Assassin!

Arachnomancer/anarchomancer

MornShine
2023-01-23, 12:08 AM

Seems like this question was missed, and I have no idea about the assassin-granting prestige class.

You're looking at Daidoji Bodyguard.

Keeping the thread going, what prestige class restricts entry to males?

Rebel7284
2023-01-23, 12:44 AM

Eunuch Warlock (I think there is one more out there)

What class allows you to float above the ground instead of walking?

Bucky
2023-01-23, 01:07 AM
What class allows you to float above the ground instead of walking?

One of the eight or so prestige classes I'd actually recognize, Elocater.

What prestige class can specifically break into Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion?

Troacctid
2023-01-23, 01:15 AM
One of the eight or so prestige classes I'd actually recognize, Elocater.

What prestige class can specifically break into Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion?
Silver key!

Name a prestige class that grants both sneak attack and a burrow speed.

Metastachydium
2023-01-23, 08:08 AM
Name a prestige class that grants both sneak attack and a burrow speed.

The delightfully demented Mole!

What prestige class makes one progressively uglier?

noce
2023-01-23, 08:29 AM

Primeval progressively reduces your CHA score, does it count?

Which mundane PrC allows you to control your opponent's body with its capstone?

loky1109
2023-01-23, 10:32 AM
Seems like this question was missed, and I have no idea about the assassin-granting prestige class.
I didn't come up with good tip for it.
It was Alliance Merchant from Kingdom of Kalamar PG.

It's also Oozemaster.

Troacctid
2023-01-23, 10:38 AM

Which mundane PrC allows you to control your opponent's body with its capstone?
I'm pretty sure Twisted Lord actually answers both of these?

Name a prestige class whose 1st-level ability allows you to convert 100% of the fire damage from your fire spells into untyped damage.

Gorthawar
2023-01-23, 11:42 AM

Name a prestige class whose 1st-level ability allows you to convert 100% of the fire damage from your fire spells into untyped damage.

Is it Sanctified of Kord? Although that turns it into good / divine damage I think so perhaps not.

Troacctid
2023-01-23, 12:15 PM
Is it Sanctified of Kord? Although that turns it into good / divine damage I think so perhaps not.
Yep that's the one 🔥

Thurbane
2023-01-23, 03:00 PM
What prestige class requires you to make a UMD check to fuse a magic item to yourself?

Venger
2023-01-23, 03:07 PM
Renegade mastermaker?

Thurbane
2023-01-23, 03:26 PM
Renegade mastermaker?

Hmm, hadn't considered there might be more than one answer, but not the one I was thinking of. I don' think RM requires a UMD check?

Inevitability
2023-01-23, 03:38 PM
Fang of Lolth?

Thurbane
2023-01-23, 05:08 PM
Fang of Lolth?

Bingo!

Always love the weirdness of this PrC. You permanently fuse a magic item to yourself with a UMD check (the item is normally only useable by spiders) to qualify for the PrC, which eventually makes you more and more spider-like.

Not sure if it was technically replaced by Dread Fang of Lolth, but is very different mechanically.

Metastachydium
2023-01-23, 05:23 PM

It's also Oozemaster.

(Heh. I didn't realize there were so many ways to spend half one's build getting ever more hideous. The intended answer was Oozemaster (with the slimy, slithery face and the decreasing CHA), but yeah, all three of those fit. And to think I was worried someone will bring up Acolyte of the Skin!)

noce
2023-01-23, 05:49 PM
Which PrC requires you to meditate a total of 100 days to unlock all its benefits?

MornShine
2023-01-24, 05:24 AM
Apparently not kensei, which was my first thought.

noce
2023-01-24, 04:47 PM
Apparently not kensei, which was my first thought.

Indeed, it's not kensai.
But here's a hint: you were quite close! And another hint, this PrC has not been printed in a phisical book.

Rebel7284
2023-01-24, 05:15 PM
Indeed, it's not kensai.
But here's a hint: you were quite close! And another hint, this PrC has not been printed in a phisical book.

I mean, it sounds like Meditant has this class features: Meditation time required to awaken each of her psychic energy centers is reduced by 30 minutes per level of meditant.

However, I am having trouble figuring out what the base meditation time is... so

edit: some third party source says 8 hours per center, so way short of the 100 days

ShurikVch
2023-01-24, 07:25 PM
(Heh. I didn't realize there were so many ways to spend half one's build getting ever more hideous. The intended answer was Oozemaster (with the slimy, slithery face and the decreasing CHA), but yeah, all three of those fit. And to think I was worried someone will bring up Acolyte of the Skin!)
In addition, take those two:
Thrall of Dagon (Dragon #349) - their First, Second, and Third Invocations required self-mutilation, and resulting to get progressively more and more "Innsmouth look"(/PotC pirates from the "Flying Dutchman" under Davy Jones' captaincy) even including a functional tentacle in a random place
Thrall of Kostchtchie (Dragon #345) - their very first class feature is literally called "Disfigurement"; it gives "class level" bonus to Intimidation and the same penalty to Diplomacy/Disguise/Gather Info

Besides the "intended" Eunuch Warlock, there are also aforementioned Thrall of Kostchtchie and the Darkhagard (https://web.archive.org/web/20050415021636/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/articles/20030604darkhagard)

Which PrC allow to either "pause" your Rage, or increase bonuses from it by reducing its duration?

Rebel7284
2023-01-25, 05:59 AM
Which PrC allow to either "pause" your Rage, or increase bonuses from it by reducing its duration?

Primal Rager ( Dragon #295 )

What class allows you to make a stunning fist attempt with any weapon?

noce
2023-01-25, 08:59 AM
Primal Rager ( Dragon #295 )

What class allows you to make a stunning fist attempt with any weapon?

Fist of Dal Quor.
However, there's still an unanswered question:

Which PrC requires you to meditate a total of 100 days to unlock all its benefits?

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-25, 10:25 AM

My only guess was OA samurai, but it's not a PrC and requires 200 days. Crap.

Edit: and surprisingly, it's not the Meditant (http://rpg.nobl.ca/archive.php?x=dnd/psm/20040827c) either, though the Meditant does meditate a lot. It's also an absurdly weak prestige class, with its abilities (though quite useful in themselves) only applying 2 hours per day.

Troacctid
2023-01-25, 10:46 AM
I figured it was the Meditant but I didn't want to do the math to check. I think it's only like 2 days of meditation per chakra though.

Rebel7284
2023-01-25, 10:56 AM
My only guess was OA samurai, but it's not a PrC and requires 200 days. Crap.

Edit: and surprisingly, it's not the Meditant (https://web.archive.org/web/20161031222034/http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pse/20020623a) either, though the Meditant does meditate a lot. It's also an absurdly weak prestige class, with its abilities (though quite useful in themselves) only applying 2 hours per day.

To be fair, the capstone makes it apply for 6 hours a day.... but yeah.... losing two manifester levels for those minor buffs is REAL weak.

With that said, I am stumped. If even Troacctid doesn't know, then few people probably do. Nice job with that question!

Edit:

actually.... don't have time to look up the Weapons of Legacy rituals, but is it Legacy Champion perchance?

Wildstag
2023-01-25, 11:57 AM
The 100 day meditation isn't Psychic Weapon Master, is it?

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-25, 12:04 PM
The 100 day meditation isn't Psychic Weapon Master, is it?

Indeed, seems like the one!

bekeleven
2023-01-25, 08:28 PM
What prestige class sets your level to 1?

JNAProductions
2023-01-25, 08:40 PM

Emancipated Spawn? I think.

bekeleven
2023-01-25, 11:02 PM
I'll give a hint: It's "first party."

lylsyly
2023-01-26, 09:34 AM
I want to say Risen Martyr but doesn't that set your level to Zero?

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-26, 10:04 AM

Is it about global level? Do you count racial hit dice?

loky1109
2023-01-26, 10:09 AM
Maybe it's Shadow Sun Ninja?

Telonius
2023-01-26, 02:10 PM
Looking at it sideways, Blackguard could do it for a Paladin11. (Trade in 10 levels of Fallen Paladin for Blackguard; you're a Fallen Paladin1/Blackguard10). Probably not what you meant though. :smallbiggrin:

ShurikVch
2023-01-26, 02:18 PM
Darklight Wizard (Villain Design Handbook, Kingdoms of Kalamar)

bekeleven
2023-01-26, 07:41 PM

Ding ding ding!

I will resist the urge to pose 50 more questions with this same answer, so instead I'll list a few here:

What prestige class requires 900 hours of study to enter?
What necromancy-based prestige class explicitly lowers the HD of undead you are allowed to control?
What prestige class is unable to learn its spells known?
What prestige class gives a saving throw penalty to Hextor, Boccob, and Ehlonna?
What prestige class requires a will save?
What prestige class has abilities you never gain?
What prestige class gives you 9th level casting, full BAB, more feats than a fighter, and more skill points than a rogue by the time you're done it?

...And so on.

MinimanMidget
2023-01-26, 07:54 PM
Name a 3-level class that gives Favored Enemy twice.

Troacctid
2023-01-26, 08:17 PM
I'll give a hint: It's "first party."
Ding ding ding!
Do people think Villain Design Handbook is 1st party? I've never heard that before.

Thurbane
2023-01-27, 12:15 AM
I think because they had WotC barrel legally, and the settlement included putting the official product logo on their books.

Vizzerdrix
2023-01-27, 12:41 AM
What prestige class requires a will save?

Tainted Scholar?

bekeleven
2023-01-27, 05:25 AM
Tainted Scholar?The answer to all of those questions is "darklight wizard."

Do people think Villain Design Handbook is 1st party? I've never heard that before.
That's why I put it in quotes. Kalamar has the only books published entirely independently from wotc that are still Official "Dungeons and Dragons" rather than D20 system.

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-27, 05:37 AM

May I remind you to label any request pertaining to a 3rd party prestige class? I understand Kingdom of Kalamar is a bit on the edge but it would prevent a lot of confusion. A simple "3rd party: What PrC ------?" for classes only printed for Dragon Magazine content (not reprinted in Dragon Compendium), Dragonlance (except DCS), Kingdoms of Kalamar, Ravenloft, Planescape, Dark Sun, anything by Dreamscarred Press or any other d20 system books would make the whole thing more palateable for everyone.
Same thing for Pathfinder. "Pathfinder: What PrC -------?".

Now, the last unanswered question was:

Name a 3-level class that gives Favored Enemy twice.

Inevitability
2023-01-27, 05:41 AM
Steel Legionnaire!

What prestige class gives you sorcerer casting, even if you didn't previously have it?

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-27, 05:56 AM
Steel Legionnaire!

What prestige class gives you sorcerer casting, even if you didn't previously have it?

Dragon Devotee!

What PrC is immune to confusion and can deflect arrows targetting them to their allies (oops!)?

Gorthawar
2023-01-27, 07:07 AM
What PrC is immune to confusion and can deflect arrows targetting them to their allies (oops!)?

Wild Mage.

This PRC let's you sleep in heavy armor without penalties.

Inevitability
2023-01-27, 07:13 AM
Wild Mage.

Dry Lich: undeath makes you immune to fatigue so this totally counts.

okay, clearly not the intended answer so I'm not going to ask a new question

noce
2023-01-27, 08:25 AM

Bone Knight definitely counts, starting from lvl 8, but probably Vengeance Knight is a more fitting answer.

Which PrC allows you to pick a bonus feat from a list that includes a prerequisite for entering it?

loky1109
2023-01-27, 09:00 AM
Bone Knight definitely counts, starting from lvl 8, but probably Vengeance Knight is a more fitting answer.

Which PrC allows you to pick a bonus feat from a list that includes a prerequisite for entering it?
Courtier
OQ.

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-27, 10:02 AM
Which PrC prevents magical healing in a zone around them?

Geeksthenewsexy
2023-01-27, 12:26 PM
Which PrC prevents magical healing in a zone around them?

Entropomancer!

What race-specfic PrC gives you an SLA of a Teleportation subschool SLA that can be used at-will, but has a 1 minute cooldown?

Thurbane
2023-01-27, 04:40 PM
Entropomancer!

What race-specfic PrC gives you an SLA of a Teleportation subschool SLA that can be used at-will, but has a 1 minute cooldown?

Vigilant Sentinel of Aerenal.

What PrC gives the ability to rebuke/command earth creatures, can grant 3 bonus feats, and allows you to select any six skills as class skills on top of the ones automatically granted by the PrC?

ShurikVch
2023-01-27, 04:54 PM
Shadow Thief of Amn - "Persuasive" is both available bonus feat and prerequisite feat

OQ

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-29, 03:11 PM
Vigilant Sentinel of Aerenal.

What PrC gives the ability to rebuke/command earth creatures, can grant 3 bonus feats, and allows you to select any six skills as class skills on top of the ones automatically granted by the PrC?

Since nobody has found the answer in two days, maybe a hint is in order?

JNAProductions
2023-01-29, 03:13 PM

Is it that one that gives a bunch of Domains?
Sovereign Speaker?

Thurbane
2023-01-29, 08:09 PM
Is it that one that gives a bunch of Domains?
Sovereign Speaker?

Not the one I was thinking of, no.

It was originally published in magazines, but then re-printed (and revised) in a hardcover.

ShurikVch
2023-01-29, 08:17 PM
It was originally published in magazines, but then re-printed (and revised) in a hardcover.
High Handcrafter (The Shackled City Adventure Path)?

OQ

Thurbane
2023-01-29, 09:50 PM
High Handcrafter (The Shackled City Adventure Path)?

OQ

Correct. I believe the magazine version was over 10 levels, but when it got reprinted in the Shackled City hardcover (which shares the same "official" status as Dragon Compendium, I believe) it was condensed to 5.

Tzardok
2023-01-30, 01:30 AM
3rd Party. Name a Prestige Class that fuses your eyes into one.

bekeleven
2023-01-30, 02:51 AM
It's possible there are multiple answers to this, but:

What prestige class has full casting, 2 good saves, 6+Int skill points per level, and not a D4 HD?

May I remind you to label any request pertaining to a 3rd party prestige class? I understand Kingdom of Kalamar is a bit on the edge but it would prevent a lot of confusion. A simple "3rd party: What PrC ------?" for classes only printed for Dragon Magazine content (not reprinted in Dragon Compendium), Dragonlance (except DCS), Kingdoms of Kalamar, Ravenloft, Planescape, Dark Sun, anything by Dreamscarred Press or any other d20 system books would make the whole thing more palateable for everyone.
Same thing for Pathfinder. "Pathfinder: What PrC -------?"
Thank you, that was very "helpful."

noce
2023-01-30, 03:55 AM
It's possible there are multiple answers to this, but:
What prestige class has full casting, 2 good saves, 6+Int skill points per level, and not a D4 HD?

Divine Prankster, Halfling Whistler, Dwarven Chanter, Fochlucan Lyrist, Savant Aboleth, Seeker of the Misty Isle (if text trumps table).

This is still unanswered.

St Fan
2023-02-01, 07:08 AM
What prestige class has a possible capstone that makes you burn everything you touch?

MinimanMidget
2023-02-01, 08:09 AM
What prestige class has a possible capstone that makes you burn everything you touch?

Disciple of Mephistopheles.

Edit: Elemental Savant is probably a better match.

Second time someone skipped this.

Tzardok
2023-02-01, 08:10 AM
I think it's time for a hint. It's in the Dragon Magazine.

St Fan
2023-02-01, 12:45 PM
Disciple of Mephistopheles.

Edit: Elemental Savant is probably a better match.

Yup, was thinking of Elemental Savant, fire option.

ShurikVch
2023-02-01, 02:12 PM
Sphere Minion

OQ

Tzardok
2023-02-01, 02:38 PM
Finally.

Third party: class with a theme of combining theatrivs, acrobatics and weaponry.

Troacctid
2023-02-01, 03:11 PM
Sphere Minion
Finally.
Sphere Minion is 1st party. It's from the WotC run of Dragon, not the Paizo run.

Third party: class with a theme of combining theatrivs, acrobatics and weaponry.
There are probably multiple correct answers here, but Blade Dancer should fit.

Name a prestige class that requires the expenditure of either 12,000 or 70,000 gp's worth of materials in order to meet its prerequisites.

Tzardok
2023-02-01, 03:12 PM
I thought everything in the Dragon counts as 3rd party, at least regarding this thread. :smallredface:

loky1109
2023-02-01, 03:14 PM
Name a prestige class that requires the expenditure of either 12,000 or 70,000 gp's worth of materials in order to meet its prerequisites.

Winterhaunt of Iborighu?

MinimanMidget
2023-02-01, 08:32 PM
Find me a PrC that gives permanent see invisibility.

Thurbane
2023-02-02, 12:08 AM
Find me a PrC that gives permanent see invisibility.

Well, there is Bloodhound, but their See Invisibility only works on their "mark".

There's also Planar Champion, which can use See Invisibility at will.

MinimanMidget
2023-02-02, 12:31 AM
Well, there is Bloodhound, but their See Invisibility only works on their "mark".

There's also Planar Champion, which can use See Invisibility at will.

Permanent, continuous. Supernatural if that helps.

ShurikVch
2023-02-02, 08:51 AM
Permanent, continuous. Supernatural if that helps.
Arcanopath Monk
(Although Planar Champion fits too)

Also, Tainted (Dragon #302) - "Nalfeshnee" variant gets continually sees invisibility at capstone

noce
2023-02-02, 03:59 PM
Which prestige class can detect life at will (except for living creatures with the cold subtype)?

MinimanMidget
2023-02-02, 05:14 PM
Which prestige class can detect life at will (except for living creatures with the cold subtype)?

Disciple of Thrym. OQ

loky1109
2023-02-02, 05:43 PM
Name class which has one more line in the table than has levels.

CustomDnD
2023-02-02, 06:12 PM
Name class which has one more line in the table than has levels.

Risen Martyr?

loky1109
2023-02-02, 06:16 PM
Risen Martyr?

Yes, it is!

Wildstag
2023-02-02, 06:58 PM
If I may indulge my humor, what PrC's prerequisites include getting high for one week?

Thurbane
2023-02-02, 07:15 PM
If I may indulge my humor, what PrC's prerequisites include getting high for one week?

Ah, I see what you did there! :smallbiggrin:

Cloud Anchorite.

Wildstag
2023-02-02, 07:18 PM
Yeah, it was a better joke than my first pass, which was "immortality for a 'high' price"; felt that would be too broad though.

Thurbane
2023-02-02, 07:21 PM
Which class gives you the evil subtype? (There may be more than one answer for this).

MinimanMidget
2023-02-02, 11:51 PM
Which class gives you the evil subtype? (There may be more than one answer for this).

Arachne?

I was surprised how many of the classes I checked don't give the evil subtype. Even Mountebank, which has the infamous "your character becomes an NPC", doesn't actually add the subtype.

Wildstag
2023-02-03, 12:17 AM
Arachne?

I was surprised how many of the classes I checked don't give the evil subtype. Even Mountebank, which has the infamous "your character becomes an NPC", doesn't actually add the subtype.

Yeah I figured Tainted or Acolyte of the Skin would, but nope.

Beni-Kujaku
2023-02-03, 03:56 AM
Which PrC can (without spell) give Cold Immunity to a friendly elemental?

Thurbane
2023-02-03, 04:16 AM
Arachne?

Not the one I was thinking of, but it is a correct answer.

Beni-Kujaku
2023-02-03, 04:20 AM

Was it the Winterhaunt of Iborighu? I've seen it pop up a few times these last days.

ShurikVch
2023-02-03, 04:41 AM
Divine Disciple of some Evil deity?
Or - Divine Agent?

Thurbane
2023-02-03, 02:21 PM
Was it the Winterhaunt of Iborighu? I've seen it pop up a few times these last days.

Divine Disciple of some Evil deity?
Or - Divine Agent?

It was WoI.

Sorry if it's already been used in this thread.

Wildstag
2023-02-03, 02:38 PM
A prestige class that requires as many prerequisite feats as it grants levels (there may be more than one, fwiw).

Inevitability
2023-02-03, 02:49 PM
A prestige class that requires as many prerequisite feats as it grants levels (there may be more than one, fwiw).

Tempest!

What prestige class lets you deal nonlethal cold damage at-will as a (Su)?

Beni-Kujaku
2023-02-03, 03:30 PM
Tempest!

What prestige class lets you deal nonlethal cold damage at-will as a (Su)?

Icesinger?
(Also theoretically an anthropomorphic badger frostrager can deal at-will nonlethal cold damage if she chooses to deal nonlethal unarmed damage)

My question was skipped, what PrC can give cold immunity to a friendly elemental?

ciopo
2023-02-03, 03:38 PM
Makes me think of durthan and telthors but that's not it

Thurbane
2023-02-03, 06:24 PM
I've looked at Elemental Savant, Elemental Scion of Zilargo, Bonded Summoner and Durthan, and none seem to fit.

Beni-Kujaku
2023-02-05, 03:08 PM
Hint: the elemental in question isn't composed of any of the four classical elements.

Thurbane
2023-02-05, 04:00 PM
Master of Shadow?

loky1109
2023-02-05, 04:07 PM
Master if Shadows
OQ

Beni-Kujaku
2023-02-05, 04:24 PM
Congrats to both!

Scion of Tem-et-Nu

Thurbane
2023-02-05, 06:10 PM
What PrC can let you cast spells without verbal components, up to a maximum level of 2 spells levels lower than the highest you know?

Inevitability
2023-02-05, 06:36 PM
What PrC can let you cast spells without verbal components, up to a maximum level of 2 spells levels lower than the highest you know?

Dark Scholar, with Book of the Stilled Tongue.

What PrC gives you spider legs?

Troacctid
2023-02-05, 06:47 PM

Do you mean besides arachnomancer?

loky1109
2023-02-05, 07:02 PM

It's Fang og Lolth
OQ

Gorthawar
2023-02-06, 08:00 AM
This PRC gives spell resistance against arcane spells only.

noce
2023-02-06, 08:44 AM
Jordain Vizier.

Which two prestige classes share Patron Deity requirement, gender requirement and part of their names?

Inevitability
2023-02-06, 09:42 AM
Scourge Maiden and Maiden of Pain.

What class adds a weapon to your list of special monk weapons without giving you proficiency in it?

St Fan
2023-02-06, 11:28 AM
I would say Shou Disciple, though it's not exactly "a weapon" but a group of them... (all light weapons at 3rd level, all melee weapons at 5th).

Which TWO prestige classes give you supernatural abilities that are not lost even if you lose all levels in said prestige classes?

ShurikVch
2023-02-06, 11:56 AM
Which TWO prestige classes give you supernatural abilities that are not lost even if you lose all levels in said prestige classes?
Anointed Knight and Warrior of Darkness?

OQ

St Fan
2023-02-06, 12:32 PM
Anointed Knight and Warrior of Darkness?

OQ

Bingo. I guess they're famous for that.

Tzardok
2023-02-06, 12:45 PM
Third party: A prestige class that makes you remove your own eyes when taking it in exchange for magic sensing.

MinimanMidget
2023-02-06, 09:34 PM
Third party: A prestige class that makes you remove your own eyes when taking it in exchange for magic sensing.

Astropath. It's a prestige class, it's certainly by a third party...did we ever say it had to be a D&D prestige class?

Tzardok
2023-02-07, 02:02 AM
1. No, we didn't (in fact, the class that I meant isn't exactly D&D either); 2. Where's that class from?

MinimanMidget
2023-02-07, 02:21 AM
1. No, we didn't (in fact, the class that I meant isn't exactly D&D either); 2. Where's that class from?

Dark Heresy. (Warhammer 40k RPG) - I'm guessing yours is at least within the d20 system.

Tzardok
2023-02-07, 02:56 AM
That's true. In that case, I think your answer doesn't count, as we are still in the d20/3.5 forum.

MinimanMidget
2023-02-07, 03:03 AM
That's true. In that case, I think your answer doesn't count, as we are still in the d20/3.5 forum.

It wasn't ever meant as a serious answer, I just found it funny that it arguably meets everything stated.

Troacctid
2023-02-07, 02:23 PM
It's starting to feel like just saying "third party" is an insufficient identifier. Maybe it's better to say who the actual publisher is instead.

Both Gray Sage and Eye of Gruumsh should answer your prompt, BTW.

Tzardok
2023-02-07, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't count Eye of Gruumsh; they only put out one eye. But the Sage is valid, and so it's your turn to ask.

Thurbane
2023-02-07, 02:53 PM
It's starting to feel like just saying "third party" is an insufficient identifier. Maybe it's better to say who the actual publisher is instead.

Agreed. If people are starting to throw in non D&D classes, it's going to make things next to impossible for some of us.

Tzardok
2023-02-07, 02:58 PM
Agreed. If people are starting to throw in non D&D classes, it's going to make things next to impossible for some of us.

I apologize for that. The class I meant was the Demon Hunter from the WoW d20 RPG.

Next question is Troacctid's.

Troacctid
2023-02-07, 03:11 PM
Name a prestige class that gains or loses major class features depending on which campaign setting you use it in. (Specific official settings, not just like "If your campaign doesn't use psionics.")

smasher0404
2023-02-07, 03:14 PM
Name a prestige class that gains or loses major class features depending on which campaign setting you use it in. (Specific official settings, not just like "If your campaign doesn't use psionics.")

Witch Hunter? (Resist Evil Magic and Smite Evil change depending on whether or not you are in Rokugan)

If I'm right: OQ

Troacctid
2023-02-07, 03:44 PM
Witch Hunter? (Resist Evil Magic and Smite Evil change depending on whether or not you are in Rokugan)

If I'm right: OQ
It's close, but altering a class feature isn't quite the same as gaining or losing a class feature.

MinimanMidget
2023-02-07, 06:09 PM
It's close, but altering a class feature isn't quite the same as gaining or losing a class feature.

Moto Avenger? Half its features don't work outside Rokugan. If not, does that mean it has to explicitly gain or lose the class feature?

noce
2023-02-07, 06:18 PM
It must be Arachnomancer that switches to scorpions in Eberron, losing spider domain and webwalking.

Troacctid
2023-02-07, 06:27 PM
It must be Arachnomancer that switches to scorpions in Eberron, losing spider domain and webwalking.
That's the one!

pabelfly
2023-02-07, 06:58 PM

Answering these questions has already been next to impossible for me for the last two weeks.

noce
2023-02-07, 07:38 PM
Easy one: name the prestige class that adds the entire paladin list to your spell list. Other than the prestige paladin.

pabelfly
2023-02-07, 07:45 PM
Easy one: name the prestige class that adds the entire paladin list to your spell list. Other than the prestige paladin.

Eldritch Master and Silver Pyromancer.

OQ.

Troacctid
2023-02-07, 07:53 PM
This prestige class from Dragon says in its description it is most commonly taken by wizards and sorcerers, sometimes fighters and bards, and occasionally paladins. However, to qualify for it, you must receive training from a Druid.

noce
2023-02-09, 05:35 PM
This prestige class from Dragon says in its description it is most commonly taken by wizards and sorcerers, sometimes fighters and bards, and occasionally paladins. However, to qualify for it, you must receive training from a Druid.

Unfortunately I know nothing about 3rd party. Could you give us a little help?

Aa602213x1023
2023-02-10, 01:04 AM

Elder Druid

MornShine
2023-02-11, 03:48 AM
Here's a simple one: What prestige class makes you auto-fail certain saving throws?

loky1109
2023-02-11, 04:39 AM
Here's a simple one: What prestige class makes you auto-fail certain saving throws?
Thayan Knight

Take prestige classes name, add to it one word and you get another prestige class name.
Hint: you can't membership in both.

Inevitability
2023-02-11, 04:50 AM
Take prestige classes name, add to it one word and you get another prestige class name.

Fang of Lolth (any nonlawful and nongood) and dread fang of lolth (lawful evil).

This class gives a natural weapon that may only be used if you're in the air.

Temotei
2023-02-11, 05:03 AM
This class gives a natural weapon that may only be used if you're in the air.

Stormtalon.

This class can spontaneously cast knock, arcane eye, and greater dispel magic with a class feature.

MinimanMidget
2023-02-11, 07:06 AM
Stormtalon.

This class can spontaneously cast knock, arcane eye, and greater dispel magic with a class feature.

Loredelver. OQ

loky1109
2023-02-11, 07:37 AM
What Prestige class does let you spontaneously cast vigor?

loky1109
2023-02-13, 06:59 AM
Hint: vigor didn't t always name vigor.

MornShine
2023-02-16, 08:32 AM
Verdant Lord, from Masters of the Wild.

What prestige class specializes in creating a particular kind of non-SRD magical item?

Tzardok
2023-02-16, 08:38 AM
The Rune Caster from FRCS.

OQ

bekeleven
2023-02-16, 08:43 AM
Candle caster!

What (non-book) PrC, given its expected entry point, has mid-level members grow stronger than the being to whom they have now pledged their soul?

Thurbane
2023-02-16, 06:49 PM
Hmm, thought it might have been Celestial Paragon, Spellfire Hierophant or Warlord of Utterdark, but none of those seem to fit.

Wildstag
2023-02-16, 07:40 PM
Candle caster!

What (non-book) PrC, given its expected entry point, has mid-level members grow stronger than the being to whom they have now pledged their soul?

Is it Infused or Tainted? I feel like it isn't since we've referred to them already in this thread, but I know there are some low-level Upper/Lower Plane denizens that you can interact with in those PrCs. Lantern Archons you almost certainly end up stronger than.

bekeleven
2023-02-17, 01:04 AM
Is it Infused or Tainted? I feel like it isn't since we've referred to them already in this thread, but I know there are some low-level Upper/Lower Plane denizens that you can interact with in those PrCs. Lantern Archons you almost certainly end up stronger than.

It's yours if there's a prestige class about worshiping lantern archons. I don't know that one.

Do note that I'm measuring strength in CR here, for simplicity's sake.

Troacctid
2023-02-17, 01:46 AM
It's yours if there's a prestige class about worshiping lantern archons. I don't know that one.

Do note that I'm measuring strength in CR here, for simplicity's sake.
That is one of the options for the Infused! I don't know about "worship" but you do link your soul with the celestial in question.

MornShine
2023-02-20, 09:13 AM
Is Dragon Magazine considered to be a "book" source?

If not, Snake Servant might qualify. Serves to a Medusa, a CR 7 creature; and is at level eight three levels into the five-level prestige class. I'm not confident about "pledged their soul" though.

(Dragon 260 pg. 50)

Thurbane
2023-02-20, 03:22 PM
We might need more clues or a mulligan on this one...

bekeleven
2023-02-21, 12:04 AM
Sounds like Wildstag's Infused is a correct answer. I was thinking of Deep Thrall.

ShurikVch
2023-02-21, 02:53 PM
Whitehorn? (Unicorn is CR 3)
Tree-Friend? (Dryad is CR 3)
Tiger Mask? (Rakshasa is CR 10 - but only 7 HD, and casts as 7th-level Sorcerer)
Shoal Servant? (Kuo-Toa is CR 2)
Faceless One? (Doppelganger is CR 3)
Artist's Vengeance? (Lillend is CR 7)

Wildstag
2023-02-21, 03:05 PM
Hmmm, if my answer is correct enough, I'll have to ask a new one. This PrC lets you become a jelly-like pseudopod from level 1.

loky1109
2023-02-21, 03:19 PM
Hmmm, if my answer is correct enough, I'll have to ask a new one. This PrC lets you become a jelly-like pseudopod from level 1.

Slime Lord
Take this prestige class, add to him region and you have different prestige class. This region exists in at least two another prestige classes' names. Or three.

Tzardok
2023-02-21, 03:49 PM
Gladiator (Thayan Gladiator, Thayan Knight, Thayan Slaver).

A prestige class from the Dragon Magazine with a rage-like ability that is based on Wis instead of Con.

Wildstag
2023-02-21, 04:27 PM
Slime Lord.

Does Slime Lord do that at level 1?

Since we kinda moved on, I was thinking Osteomancer, which gets to delete its bones at level 1 and move around, presumably through pseudopodia. All as a level 1 ability. They turn into a puddle of person and wander about through small spaces.

Tzardok
2023-02-21, 04:32 PM
Does Slime Lord do that at level 1?

Since we kinda moved on, I was thinking Osteomancer, which gets to delete its bones at level 1 and move around, presumably through pseudopodia. All as a level 1 ability. They turn into a puddle of person and wander about through small spaces.

Ostemoancer doesn't really do what you asked for:

Boneless (Su): At will, as a full-round action, an osteomancer may dissolve or restore his own skeleton. He becomes able to travel at a speed of 10 feet through muscular control taught to all novice osteomancers (he may not run). The osteomancer may now fit in minute spaces and crawl under barriers, with one important caveat: the osteomancer must at all times take care to protect his organs, making sure they are not squashed or crushed. For simplicity's sake, assume the osteomancer cannot travel through any space smaller than 6 inches in diameter.

The slim lord at least has an ability called pseudopod, which allows him to transform his hands into pseudopods.

Phhase
2023-02-21, 04:33 PM
Name the prestige class that allows you to effectively replace material components with an equivalent value in ink!

Tzardok
2023-02-21, 04:36 PM
Name the prestige class that allows you to effectively replace material components with an equivalent value in ink!

We generally try to have only one question active at once, with the one who answers the active question being the one to ask the next one. The currently active question is:

A prestige class from the Dragon Magazine with a rage-like ability that is based on Wis instead of Con.

Wildstag
2023-02-21, 06:08 PM
Ostemoancer doesn't really do what you asked for: stuff

Yeah, they don't say it, but if you don't have a spine to support you the only real mode of transportation left is pseudopodia. Like, it explicitly makes them considered prone, and unable to use somatic components of spells. It's amorphous pseudopods in all but name.

And if this challenge doesn't require people to think creatively, I dunno what to tell you. The PrC details leave a blank for you to fill in, and I worked the prompt backwards from there. How else would you describe a still-living human body sans skeleton? You're basically skin, organs, and a butt-ton of fluids.

P.S. I assume everyone's treating this thread like I described, since otherwise it turns into a game of "ctrl-f" keyword search.

loky1109
2023-02-21, 06:21 PM
I agree, I didn't read your task well, I saw "pseudopod", "1st level" and Evreka! It's Slime Lord.

Tzardok
2023-02-22, 03:20 AM
Yeah, they don't say it, but if you don't have a spine to support you the only real mode of transportation left is pseudopodia. Like, it explicitly makes them considered prone, and unable to use somatic components of spells. It's amorphous pseudopods in all but name.

And if this challenge doesn't require people to think creatively, I dunno what to tell you. The PrC details leave a blank for you to fill in, and I worked the prompt backwards from there. How else would you describe a still-living human body sans skeleton? You're basically skin, organs, and a butt-ton of fluids.

Maybe that's because I'm not a native speaker, but that doesn't sounds like a pseudopod at all. To me, a pseudopod is an appendage of a greater mass, an outgrowth. When you say to me transportation via pseudopodia, I imagine a mass growing a lot of little appendanges and pulling itself around, which is explicitely not what the osteomancer does. The osteomancer moves via muscle contractions, like a rainworm does (and unless you think that a rainworm is a pseudopod, it's also a counterargument to your claim that all movement without a spine is via pseudopodia).

I'm not against creativity, but reinterpreting words until they contradict the actual text of the Prestige Class is not creativity.

loky1109
2023-02-22, 04:31 AM
I imagine a mass growing a lot of little appendanges and pulling itself around.
It also could be flow cytoplasm from "main body" into pseudopodia.
Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-BoJTXGvI

MornShine
2023-02-27, 05:03 AM

Geometer. Good one!

We generally try to have only one question active at once, with the one who answers the active question being the one to ask the next one.

3rd Party and Dragon Magazine questions seem to consistently stall the thread. Perhaps we can run them in parallel?

For my part, what prestige class allows you to color spray an enemy a hundred feet away?

Tzardok
2023-02-27, 05:06 AM
3rd Party and Dragon Magazine questions seem to consistently stall the thread. Perhaps we can run them in parallel?

For my part, what prestige class allows you to color spray an enemy a hundred feet away?

I think it may be time for a hint anyway. The prestige class was based on a videogame.

MinimanMidget
2023-02-27, 06:27 AM

Well, arcane archer can, obviously, but I really hope that's not the answer you were looking for.

Curbludgeon
2023-02-27, 09:11 AM
A prestige class from the Dragon Magazine with a rage-like ability that is based on Wis instead of Con.The Perfected One epic class out of Dragon 297 qualifies.
3rd Party and Dragon Magazine questions seem to consistently stall the thread. Perhaps we can run them in parallel?I'd be into that.

This class grants a passive improved equivalent to True Seeing.

ShurikVch
2023-02-27, 07:30 PM
Dragon Warrior (Dragon #298)

bekeleven
2023-03-19, 03:13 AM
What prestige class's overly specific entry requirements attempt to disqualify entrants that aren't Adepts?

Inevitability
2023-03-19, 03:20 AM
Hexer.

What prestige class lets you Greater Teleport, but not through solid material and not through open spaces?

Beni-Kujaku
2023-03-19, 06:27 AM
Darkrunner, from Lords of Madness (what a weird prestige class, only really useful in a megadungeon or a cavern complex).

Find me a prestige class who gives a to-hit and damage bonus against Rusalkas and Kelpies, but not against Nereids, Nixies or Rime Sprites (https://web.archive.org/web/20161101074019/http:/archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20030223a).

Beni-Kujaku
2023-03-21, 04:52 AM
Nobody? Well, time for a hint: the attack and damage bonus has nothing to do with feys, but with the fact that they dwell in running freshwater.

Inevitability
2023-03-21, 05:29 AM
Scion of Tem-Et Nu?

This PrC lets you cry up a specific potion.

noce
2023-03-21, 05:31 AM
Nobody? Well, time for a hint: the attack and damage bonus has nothing to do with feys, but with the fact that they dwell in running freshwater.

Scion of Tem-et-nu.
Name the prestige class that lets you heal wounds when you rest.