PDA

View Full Version : Transferring A 3.5 Character to PF 1E

Nosta
2023-01-19, 10:53 AM
About 10 years ago when I first started playing TTRPG the first character I built my self was a Gestalt character who was Tefling Dusk-Blade / Warmage. She was the first character i stuck with for a long time, all most a year and a half. ( My previous character the GM built but I'd always switch them out after couple sessions)

Well its not like I have a game coming up.
And I'm not wanting a gestalt character but I'd like to Transfer as much of her over to pathfinder so when I do play I can use her.

She was a Tefling who Swung Around a Great Sword and used , I think it was shocking grasp or some simular spell, the Sword was a spell storing Blade I normally Stuck lighting bolt in and I think the Blade was shocking and when I wanted to end a fight I'd unleash everything in one great alpha swing.

I know the best class for this was be Magus
I know I can't use a great sword but so I'm kinda thinking of going Kukri but not sure. I now a scimitar would be optimal with the right fear but I don't want the most optimize character just enough to where I don't feel like im.a joke

I knowva checking Grasp magus main bag is Criting and I think pf 1e still has spell storing .

And idk if I can even use a shocking grasp spell strike but if I could what spell likely from my own list should I stick in it?.

Can I get some help rebuilding her in PF 1e
I'd l Iike her to not be as hanky but still feel familiar enough to where it feels like old times

Kurald Galain
2023-01-19, 10:56 AM
Magus guide, yo (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus).

I'm not sure why you need the right fear (feat?) for a scimitar, you're just proficient with those and yes they're a good choice.
Yes, PF1 still has spell storing.
And yes, you can spellstrike with Shocking Grasp.

Nosta
2023-01-19, 11:45 AM
Magus guide, yo (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus).

I'm not sure why you need the right fear (feat?) for a scimitar, you're just proficient with those and yes they're a good choice.

Sorry I was on my phone at the time so I typed up my question awfully

The scimitar thing was Referimg to I think its called Dervish Dance? (The one that gets me Dex to damage with that wewpon)

And what I meant is. Can I use a spell Strike and unleash the spell I have in the weapon via spell storing in one big swing?

Nosta
2023-01-19, 11:47 AM

Sorry I was on my phone at the time so I typed up my question awfully

The scimitar thing was Refering to I think its called Dervish Dance? (The one that gets me Dex to damage with that weapon)

And what I meant is. Can I use a spell Strike and unleash the spell I have in the weapon via spell storing in one big swing

Kurald Galain
2023-01-19, 11:56 AM
The scimitar thing was Referimg to I think its called Dervish Dance? (The one that gets me Dex to damage with that wewpon)
Yes, but you can also go strength-first and skip that feat.

Can I use a spell Strike and unleash the spell I have in the weapon via spell storing in one big swing?
Yes.

Kitsuneymg
2023-01-19, 07:43 PM
There’s a (pair of) third party magus arcana, (greater) enruned great weapon. They are kinda bad, but let you use a two handed weapon with spell combat. Two arcana points is not cheap, and it lasts 10 min/level without the greater version. So it’s too expensive to be optimal, but it might be good enough.

TotallyNotEvil
2023-01-20, 11:49 PM
There’s a (pair of) third party magus arcana, (greater) enruned great weapon. They are kinda bad, but let you use a two handed weapon with spell combat. Two arcana points is not cheap, and it lasts 10 min/level without the greater version. So it’s too expensive to be optimal, but it might be good enough.

Kinda bad? Kinda amazing, you get full two-handed PA and STR to damage!

Two Arcana isn't cheap, but it's an amazing benefit. Especially as the Magus has cheap accuracy boosters, be it Blade Tutor's Spirit, the arcana to add INT to hit or the one to hit touch AC for a round.