PDA

View Full Version : Sleep spell - wake up - aid another

Edhelras
2023-01-22, 04:52 AM
In the description of the Sleep spell, it says that awakening a sleeping creature is a standard action and an application of the Aid another action.
Aid another is usually described as an action where you need to succeed on a d20 DC 10 roll.

So when awakening someone from Sleep using Aid another - do you need to make a roll, or do you automatically succeed?

Chronos
2023-01-22, 08:14 AM
Aiding another at something that requires a roll in the first place requires a roll. Waking up does not require a roll.

Edhelras
2023-01-22, 10:32 AM
Aiding another at something that requires a roll in the first place requires a roll. Waking up does not require a roll.

OK, thanks. I just wondered since it was called an application of the Aid another action, and that action is usually described as trying to aid another by making a DC10 check.

Also, it might make some sense that waking someone from magically induced sleep required some extra effort to succeed.

Beni-Kujaku
2023-01-22, 11:07 AM

Hey, sometimes I do roll out of my bed. And I must roll a natural 1 and go to a fumble chart because it hurts and I'm on the floor afterwards.