PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me Some Word-based Only RPGs

Easy e
2023-01-24, 04:52 PM
Greetings all,

I have some experience with a word-based system in FUDGE, some books, or even versions of Werewolf. I also have some experience with diceless systems that use a different mechanic like Dread. However, my experiences are limited, and I want to understand some different ways diceless and word based systems work.

With that said, can someone point me to a really nice diceless and word based RPG?

Thanks in advance!

KorvinStarmast
2023-01-24, 05:01 PM
I have some experience with a word-based system in FUDGE, some books, or even versions of Werewolf. I also have some experience with diceless systems that use a different mechanic like Dread. However, my experiences are limited, and I want to understand some different ways diceless and word based systems work.

With that said, can someone point me to a really nice diceless and word based RPG?
This one Find the document What is a Role Playing Game by Epidiah Ravachol on line, it is freehas short adventures, but I think it's worth a try.
I think that Amber is diceless also but have not played it.

neuronphaser
2023-01-25, 03:25 PM
If you like the price of FREE, then might I recommend DeScriptors RPG, created by my cousin and published by yours truly? The core rules and a full example of play are included at the website descriptorsRPG(dot)com, and there's even an audio version of each page read by an amazing voice actor, Aaron Catano-Saez.

If you like it and want more, hit the products page on that site to pick 'em up on DriveThru or Itch. I must admit: the rules on the website are a bit more current than what's in the releases, as we're working on an updated edition, but it's taking a while. BUT! Compatibility is 100%, so nothing's broken; we're just adding more of everything, and making it sure the rule are written much more clearly, and with more examples.

Telok
2023-01-25, 05:55 PM
Apollo 47 Technical Manual

There's a free pdf out somewhere with the 12-15 pages of rules & examples & what not. The 700+ pages of supporting NASA Apollo documentation costs $. The print on demand is better quality than some of the 90s & 00s book though, even given the encyclopedic size.

animorte
2023-01-25, 06:00 PM
I'm marking all of these on my "next-day-off" to do list.