View Full Version : Night Court

Imbalance
2023-01-24, 08:22 PM
New series on NBC, a continuation of the old series. Sort of.

Tonight's episode (3) featured a case with a defendant who was an overzealous D&D cosplayer.

Hijinks ensued.

The very next commercial break had the trailer for Honor Among Thieves.

Anyway, I like the show so far.

Peelee
2023-01-24, 10:12 PM
I knew this was coming out but didn't know it was alreast airing. I'm a massive sucker for John Larroquette but I'm also falling asleep on my feet here so I won't be and to check it out tonight, but your post have me even higher hopes than when I heard it was coming back.

Bartmanhomer
2023-01-25, 11:05 AM
I love Night Court. I watch it since I was a little boy. :smile:

Dragonus45
2023-01-25, 11:53 AM
Oh wow, I have a lot of fond memories of this show. I'm almost afraid to check out the new one.

Trafalgar
2023-01-25, 12:16 PM
"Go Suck on a Tribble!"

https://youtu.be/pkJAbzZg8PY

Starbuck_II
2023-01-25, 01:55 PM
I like the new series, but I wish Bull was still doing it. Wonder why they didn't hire him.

But glad Dan is back.

Peelee
2023-01-25, 02:15 PM
I like the new series, but I wish Bull was still doing it. Wonder why they didn't hire him.

But glad Dan is back.

Law enforcement typically has mandatory retirement ages due to inability to perform duties past certain ages (eg needing to tackle someone and physically restrain them). Bull's actor, Richard Moll, is 80.

Bull is probably retired and not allowed to carry a badge anymore.

Scarlet Knight
2023-01-25, 07:32 PM
Rumor is that he may make a guest appearance.

brionl
2023-01-29, 12:59 AM
Law enforcement typically has mandatory retirement ages due to inability to perform duties past certain ages (eg needing to tackle someone and physically restrain them). Bull's actor, Richard Moll, is 80.

Bull is probably retired and not allowed to carry a badge anymore.

They're court bailiffs, not police officers. Before Bull came on board there was Florence, (played by Florence Halop, 61 years young in the first season[61, jimminy pimminy, I just turned 62 in November). Let's see, Richard Moll just turned 80 on the 13th of the month. Happy Birthday. Don't know how active he is these days.
(I looked this up on IMDB, I don't have this kind of stuff memorized)

Peelee
2023-01-29, 10:55 AM
They're court bailiffs, not police officers.

I don't know why youre making a distinction here when I never said they were police officers. I said they were law enforcement officers. Which bailiffs (and sherrifs and police officers, all of whom work in courts, location and circumstances depending) are.

Imbalance
2023-01-31, 04:27 PM
Guys, save your arguments for the judge.

Show's on tonight.

kyoryu
2023-02-01, 01:02 PM
I'm gonna have to check this out.

I saw the very first episode of the original when it first aired. Yeah, I'm old.

DavidSh
2023-02-01, 01:33 PM
I tend to conflate my memory of the first show with Barney Miller, which had a similar feel.

Peelee
2023-02-01, 02:13 PM
I'm gonna have to check this out.

I saw the very first episode of the original when it first aired. Yeah, I'm old.

Pft, that doesn't mean youre old. Now, if you saw the very first episode of the original when it first aired at your retirement party, then sure.

Bartmanhomer
2023-02-01, 02:17 PM
I tend to conflate my memory of the first show with Barney Miller, which had a similar feel.

Yes but Barney Miller is somewhat of a serious show if I recall. They throw in some serious topics in the show. There's a few laughs and punchlines now and then on the show. :smile:

Trafalgar
2023-02-04, 04:43 PM
Well, Red Letter Media have made their opinion known.

https://youtu.be/33Ii1pt_rJg

Starbuck_II
2023-02-05, 02:02 AM
I've liked it so far.

Not exactly the same, but it is pretty enjoyable continuation of series.

brionl
2023-02-07, 12:54 AM
Yes but Barney Miller is somewhat of a serious show if I recall. They throw in some serious topics in the show. There's a few laughs and punchlines now and then on the show. :smile:

It was definitely a Sitcom. About as serious as Night Court or Brooklyn 99.