PDA

View Full Version : Planeshift beacon?

Wombles
2023-01-25, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know of an item that acts as a sort of "beacon" for planeshift effects, like my character has planeshift 1/day from the shadow creature template, but i want him to be able to always teleport back to his house with 100% accuracy. So some sort of object or rune that he places on a shelf or carves into the floor/wall would be awesome, but still have the usual 5-500 miles off when attempting go elsewhere.

I can't seem to find an item or spell for it, but maybe you fine folks know something im missing?

Arcanist
2023-01-25, 07:20 PM
The Astral Beacon from Eberron Campaign Setting does this, but only for characters with the Mark of Passage. It isn't once per day and is just anytime it is used.

icefractal
2023-01-26, 05:58 AM
If you create a small demiplane that either is your home or has a portal to your home, you can just Planeshift there and it won't matter where on it you end up.

It's not easy to do yourself (9th level spell/power), but if scrolls/powerstones of that magnitude are available it's only a one-time charge. Easier to do in Pathfinder, since Create Greater Demiplane can provide the portal as well, and the lesser varieties can be accessed earlier.

Asmotherion
2023-01-26, 09:02 AM
I really need some sleep. I read the title as Planeshift Bacon. Which sounds good, I could use some Bacon right now.

Other than that, both ideas mentioned above are good solutions.

Fero
2023-01-26, 09:16 AM
I really need some sleep. I read the title as Planeshift Bacon. Which sounds good, I could use some Bacon right now.

Other than that, both ideas mentioned above are good solutions.

I once ran a GURPS game that involved an adventure to the Demiplane of Ham. Mmmmm pig!