PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Turning players (Characters) into patrons (Warlock)

Calen
2023-01-26, 03:50 PM
Hi, I am looking for ideas to help build out three Warlock patrons based on three characters that for various reasons have gotten trapped in a magical plane of existence. (Long campaign :smallsmile:)

As part of the end of the campaign other PC's completed a ritual that allows these characters to be patronized(?) become patrons of future warlocks. I am seeking some inspiration or ideas for these subclasses. Details of characters in the spoilers.

Thanks for your input!

Mae was a new grown dryad of the wild forests. She approached life with a charming naïveté and a love of flowers and cute animals. She would often use mushrooms or other drugs to enter a trance, seeking information from the local spirits. As a druid she would usually wield spells in combat, and use her wildshape to scout, favoring a soaring falcon.
Mae
The fey bridger
Spell List

Cure Wounds, Speak with Animals
Hold Person, Spike Growth
Speak with Plants, Plant Growth
Divination, Polymorph
Commune with Nature, Greater Restoration

First level feature
TBD
Sixth level feature
TBD

Transformative Mind
When you are willingly or unwillingly subjected to a spell or effect that changes your form such as Polymorph, Baleful Polymorph, or True Polymorph you retain your mental attributes if they are higher when you are polymorphed. You also have advantage on saving throws to end a polymorph effect on yourself.

14th level feature
I was thinking of some kind of short duration or short distance teleport or shape change that can be used on multiple people.

Trake was a human wizard who projected an air of mystery and danger. He was desperate to learn secrets, in particular magical ones, which led to an episode of absorbing dark energy from an artifact, and of messing with the unknown entrance to a new plane of existence.
Trake
The keeper of secrets
Spell List

Illusory Script, Thunderwave
Locate Object, Misty Step
Feign Death, Bestow Curse
Fire Shield, Banishment
Legend Lore, Teleportation Circle

Whispered Secrets
When you complete a long rest roll a d4. You gain proficiency in the following skill.

History
Arcana
Religion
Nature

If you are already proficient in the skill you rolled you have Expertise in the rolled skill. You gain this benefit until you complete a long rest.

What are friends for?
Starting at 6th level as a reaction to being hit with an attack you may choose a willing ally within 30 feet of you to take the damage instead. You take any other effects of the attack. The next attack that the targeted ally makes within the next minute has advantage and on a hit it deals bonus Psychic damage equal to your warlock level. You must complete a short rest to use this feature again.

10th level feature
TBD
14th level feature
TBD

Vesh was a half-orc ranger, often grumpy, but incredibly loyal. He had spent a long life, roaming the wilds and serving in the army. He favored sword and bow in combat. His beast companion Rochryn the owl was a constant friend, serving as scout and camp watch.
Vesh
The bold wanderer
Spell List

Absorb Elements, Alarm
Pass Without Trace, Animal Messenger
Water Breathing, Wind Wall
Freedom of Movement, Grasping Vine
Tree Stride, Wrath of Nature

Barrage
When you reduce an enemy creature to zero hitpoints you may immediately make a weapon attack or use a single Eldritch bolt against another target within range.

Feral Blood
At sixth level when you are reduced to zero hitpoints you may instead choose to be reduced to 1 hitpoint and move 10 feet without provoking attacks of opportunity. You may not use this feature again until you complete a long rest.

10th level feature
I was wondering about a feature that strengthens the pact that the warlock chose. Blade, granting a melee bonus of some sort. Chain, allowing the familiar to be Rochryn (improved owl) but I'm not sure about features for the other pacts.
14th level feature