PDA

View Full Version : Need a little Eberron help

stupnick
2007-12-03, 10:28 AM
So i will be running my first Eberron campaign this weekend. Since i have never really ran Eberron and have only played in it once, i am a little uneasy about it.

I just wanted to get a critique for the campaign i have written up and make sure it flows legitimately in Eberron, as a few of my players are almost experts there.

Level 3 starting.

The PC's enter the campaign thought a posting in the city of sharn looking for "new agents" for the silver flame. one of the pc's, who is already an agent, actually recognizes the posting as a hidden message to current agents in the city, calling for help.

As they goto the Temple they learn the church has made a "no no". one of the higher members of the council, while trying to push along the forces of good, was experimenting on lycanthropes. trying to get them undercontrol and used as drones of the silver flame. while doing so, he has began to cure the disease, so it is no longer spreadable. while not 100% effective, 50% aren't able to spread their curse. They are hired to go into the holding cell under the temple and flush out and destroy the cursed beasts.

While doing so, they not only realize that these are more horrid monsters, but they are actually mutated lycanthropes. the Council member crossed wererat's with some troll blood, in order to get the job done, but that just enhanced the abilities of the wererat's 90% of the time. What is interesting that they find, is several metal platings that have been forcibly removed. and when they exit, it seems that they didn't do a good job containing it. as a few have gotten out, and have put sharn on lock down.

What really happened is the lord of blade's agents snuck in there and freed the experiments to distract all the houses and the "stupid fleshies", and through the explotation of an old Cannith artificer, mainly Merrix d'Cannith, learned of a forge that is still being used in Xen'drik to make Warforged. With the whole main continent and area going crazy from a lycanthrope affliction it's up to the PC's to head over to Xen'drik and stop the lord of blade's agents from carrying out there duties..

Please critique honestly.. i just want to make sure if feels like s smoothly ran eberron game. this is just the first few sessions, and as you can see there is quite a bit going with it. and alot left open to lead to.

GimliFett
2007-12-03, 10:52 AM
Nice idea. Just remember to leave clues (subtle or not; whatever you think your player's can figure out) that will allow them to realize what the real problem is. Also, don't be afraid to use red herrings, to send 'em off on a total tangent at least once before geting themselves back on track. :smallsmile:

Garatolla
2007-12-03, 02:38 PM
My knowledge is hardly expansive, but from a quick look at the CR's of various lycanthropes, you'll have to tweak some of them a bit or be careful with encounters or you might end up massacring the party, given that only werewolves and wererats are CR 3 or below. If it's a level 3 start you're going for, you could make tougher, higher level were creatures into a later event, ones that escaped when the place was sacked earlier by the party?

bah, brain no worky, if I think of something more useful I'll post it...

Arioch
2007-12-03, 04:54 PM
Silver Flamers? Aah! Destroy! (My LE elf dread necromancer, like my avatar but less happy, hates the silver flame with a passion. We plan to destroy the Church of the Silver Flame by the end of our hig-level evil campaign).

Seriously, though, Eberron is a good setting, and this looks like a good, solid adventure basis. Good luck with your campaign.

Another thing about Eberron I've noticed - "If it can't go anywhere, chuck it in Xen'drik". Seriously, its the dumping ground for miscellaneous monsters. Why are they there? The giants did it.

puppyavenger
2007-12-03, 05:21 PM
why is this homebrew?

stupnick
2007-12-03, 08:33 PM
It is a homebrew adventure, thank you for the input and help.

My group is rather "tweakish", and we are actually starting at level 4 not 3.

If anyone else has any idea's please let me know. i never mind fellow DM's/Players helping out to make everyone's gaming experience better : )

Gorbash Kazdar
2007-12-04, 08:34 PM
Comrade Gorby: This would actually work better in the Gaming (d20 and General RPG) forum - Homebrew is more for discussion of entirely new, poster created content, rather than campaigns in pre-built worlds. So, off we go! :smallbiggrin:

stupnick
2007-12-04, 08:45 PM
question:

would House Cannith start the war again?

what i had planned is house cannith is using the guise of lord of blades to find the old warforge forge, and scrap the technology.

they are also the ones responsible for freeing of the wererats., and eventually going to pin it on Jorasco's experiments to cure lycanthrope.

anyone have any other suggestions to use in this upcoming campaign?

Just Alex
2007-12-04, 09:24 PM
Probably. Merrix is probably too absorbed in his research to orchestrate such a plot, though he's certainly clever enough. I can see either of the other two sect leaders pulling such a stunt to get their hands on some of the old Cannith tech.

Jarchh
2007-12-05, 03:47 AM
Silver Flamers? Aah! Destroy! (My LE elf dread necromancer, like my avatar but less happy, hates the silver flame with a passion. We plan to destroy the Church of the Silver Flame by the end of our hig-level evil campaign).

Hehe my LG Paladin hates the silverflame...it's full of really unique corupt flavour... makes for some interesting plots.

Eberrons my favourite setting in use at the moment. I love how low powered most it's npc's are compared to say Forgotten realms where every other npc is atleast epic.