PDA

View Full Version : 5e: A mechanized warrior class, and nothing else.

BerzerkerUnit
2023-02-03, 01:28 AM
Alright, back at it again!

Here's a link to a google doc for the Atma-Core (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LGpWV8mxTPUnyioAO3OTIoHBagGr6FquCs4ncqNBWcE/edit?usp=sharing). Did you die? My world's gods are indisposed, so maybe you let a bunch of culture crazed warforged bring you back as this:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/deb47061-fdfe-4d4b-8700-4731dbd7d93b/dfobgd1-025d1d34-b98b-44f5-a2b9-3d9907d0ae1e.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJ IUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQz NzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZT BkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6 W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2RlYjQ3MDYxLWZkZmUtNGQ0Yi04Nz AwLTQ3MzFkYmQ3ZDkzYlwvZGZvYmdkMS0wMjVkMWQzNC1iOThi LTQ0ZjUtYTJiOS0zZDk5MDdkMGFlMWUuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIj pbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.0l2OZbfK KfDLJUiBmFd15IL-HFfqp40niWk8n-rKCiQ

Boilerplate robot stuff is baked into the Reborn species/Lineage requirement. There are 3 subclasses: Transformer (Chariot), Tiny Gundam (Arc-Bit), and Mazinger-Z (Titan-Feller).

Pls give me feedback. I crave it.

World background. There's a magic mist, it's bad, some people use tech to deal with it. Ancient species had a civil war, both sides created autonomous weapons to fight, one side went soulless, the other went with souls, both sides were exterminated but the warforged side (with souls) fights to protect the creator's culture. The PCs are foreigners that can tip the scales. The soulless side wins by default over centuries if they do nothing.

The Warforged side will attempt to enshrine their souls if they die, giving them the option to be this. Anyway, thanks for reading, pls give feedback.

Calen
2023-02-04, 12:03 PM
Comments:
Feats: I assume this is home-brew that you are not getting the normal chance at ASI's?
Epic Boon: You don't mention this anywhere except the level up sheet. Epic Boon from the Dungeon Master Guide or something else?

Wyrm Helm: You should cap the amount of crystals that you can possess or give them a duration.

Overboost: Make this an action/or bonus action so you could use Aetheric Armanents on the same turn.

Chariot Accel: You can just say your Aetheric DC

Air Force: The language here is confusing. Do you mean "You can assume a form with the traits Flying and Hover, the speed of this form is your base speed plus 10."?

Pocket D Seating: Add language for what happens when the form ends. Are the creatures safely ejected? Trapped?

Bit Boost: move an object up to 30 feet per turn for up to ten minutes.

I like the flavor and mechanics. Well done :)

BerzerkerUnit
2023-02-04, 09:20 PM
Comments:
Feats: I assume this is home-brew that you are not getting the normal chance at ASI's?
Epic Boon: You don't mention this anywhere except the level up sheet. Epic Boon from the Dungeon Master Guide or something else?

Wyrm Helm: You should cap the amount of crystals that you can possess or give them a duration.

Overboost: Make this an action/or bonus action so you could use Aetheric Armanents on the same turn.

Chariot Accel: You can just say your Aetheric DC

Air Force: The language here is confusing. Do you mean "You can assume a form with the traits Flying and Hover, the speed of this form is your base speed plus 10."?

Pocket D Seating: Add language for what happens when the form ends. Are the creatures safely ejected? Trapped?

Bit Boost: move an object up to 30 feet per turn for up to ten minutes.

I like the flavor and mechanics. Well done :)

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll be making some of those edits shortly. I'll try to respond point by point:

I'm using the 1D&D format for subclasses and class design as seen in recent Unearthed Arcana (https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/one-dnd)

Under that system you get feats by default (there's an ASI feat as well). Epic @ 20th is also the standard. When I get to the final drafts I'll add a recommendation and a DMG page reference.