PDA

View Full Version : Wells of Darkness

Pages : [1] 2

paradox26
2023-02-05, 09:20 AM
Here is the OOC thread for the Savage Tides game, starting with the Wells of Darkness module. Say hi and introduce yourselves while I get the IC thread sorted.

EDIT: Here is the link to the recruitment thread, as forum rules require. I will add the IC thread as soon as it goes up.
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?652372-Epic-pathfinder-1e-gestalt

IC Thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?654201-Wells-of-Darkness-IC&p=25709022#post25709022

Re-recruitment thread link: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?656584-Re-recruiting-for-epic-Pathfinder-game-Wells-of-Darkness

Second re-recruitment thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?661563-Epic-gestalt-Pathfinder-1E-game-re-recruitment

samduke
2023-02-05, 04:57 PM
wow thanks for the selection,

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/27/59/46/27594628d520ede08287fce833582bee.jpg
Reiza Duneknight (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2734193)
Slayer/Sentinel
[AC 48, Touch 25, Flat-footed 39
DR:5/-
HP:483
Perception:35
Delayed Damage Pool: 102
Reserve Points: 19
Second Wind (Ex): 10d6+9 heals no more than 50% max
Conditions: none

Will Speak in Blue, Actions: none

edited

watupwithdat
2023-02-06, 03:35 PM
Setokh (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2734662)speaks in Turquoise.

With the party selected I'll make some time to do the finishing touches (gold to spend essentially, always a tough nut at higher levels) and a once-over of spell selection to better fit what's going on. A lot going on at work at the moment, so may need a few days, but people will probably trickle in as they notice selections have been made.

Samduke's thinking along the same lines as I. These guys have been together for much of the adventure, so if anyone have arcane spell requests that would make sense having in his spellbook I'm open to suggestions.

As for role in the party, I see Setokh as a toolbox, both when it comes to battlefield control and outside of combat, and a quite adaptive one at that. Got a lot of room to experiment as well.

https://i.imgur.com/Do2fhWq.png

Setokh accessed his vast psionic abilities at an early age, a natural with telepathy and psychometry. As he grew older, the decades of frequently rewriting and splitting his owe psyche and form has had a profound effect, with fragments of echoes of himself a part of his thoughts, and his mind has more or less shattered as a result. In an effort to gain a greater degree of control and protect himself from what he considered mental deterioration, Setokh turned to the study of magic, pursuing arcane and occult knowledge in and specializing in time, transmutation, and the mind.

Over the centuries, Setokh has become a powerful wizard in his own right, though not through traditional means, using his magic and psionic talents in tandem to bend time to his will and extend his own lifespan. His shattered mind is contained and under control, but seems to be irrevocable even with the most powerful of arcane and psionic knowledge available.

His apparent madness and sometimes questionable methods can make him seem unpredictable to those around him. Despite this, Setokh is not an evil person, but rather a pragmatic one who is not afraid to do whatever is necessary to achieve his goals. His intelligence and cunning make him a formidable opponent, and the blending of psionic might and magic make him a force to be reckoned with and an invaluable ally.
Level Prowess Special Power points per day
21st — Power boost, Epic Power? 374
22nd — Bonus class feat, Expanded Knowledge 407
23rd — Power boost, Epic Power 441
24th +1 Expanded Knowledge 477
25th +1 Power boost, Epic Power 514
26th +1 Bonus class feat, Expanded Knowledge 553
27th +1 Power boost, Epic Power 593
28th +2 Expanded Knowledge 635
29th +2 Power boost, Epic Power 678
30th +2 Bonus class feat, Expanded Knowledge 723

Powers: Gain power points and known powers (+2 odd/+1 even) as they increase in level.
Discipline: A psion includes his epic levels when determining any level-dependent effects of his discipline powers. They no longer automatically gain new discipline abilities.
Power Boost: as Wizard's Spell Boost.
Epic Power? (need to figure out mechanics, however, as cantrips and 0 level powers doesn't work the same)
Expanded Knowledge: as the feat.

samduke
2023-02-06, 06:57 PM
psionics wise you might consider the Metamorphosis chain

both wise I do not know how may of those are direct damage, and how many are support .. so you might consider a balance of both of those between the psionics and wizard sides

AdmiralIvy
2023-02-06, 09:09 PM
Xiuying (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2740759) will opt for green!

I can do another look over my spell selections to better match the group. The Cleric half is obviously very flexible, but I did my best to try to fill gaps where the Inquisitor list couldn't hold up. I'll do my best to look over everyone's sheets and try to provide advice or input, but this will be the highest-level game I've played in, so apologies in advance for my lack of expertise.

Reposting her backstory below for easy reference, as watupwithdat did for Setokh. (As an aside, I find it amusing that two characters in the group are both using blue planeswalker art.)
Xiuying was born in Goka to an affluent family of mages, who had garnered significant prestige for their generations of service to the Golden League. She received the finest in arcane education from the moment she could read, and took to the task with an unending thirst for knowledge. However, what always intrigued her most was not the thaumaturgical logic of admixture, nor the complex formulae required for teleportation, but the inscrutable laws and masters that governed the planes, behind them all the questions of "What? When? Why?"

The gods seemed the most capable of answering these questions, moreso than any of her tutors, so her attention turned from the arcane to the divine. Too headstrong to be deterred by even her parents, she spent her teenage years among the clergy of Abadar, who failed to satisfy her curiosity. They focused too intently upon material wealth, and she took that lesson to heart. Her early twenties saw her faithfully serve the temple of Shizuru, but they, too, did not meet her needs. What use is a single sun, in such a vast cosmos? Her gaze turned to more malign influences, with their temptations of forbidden knowledge and untold power, but chance left her soul unblemished. A scattering of leaves on the wind, the cast of dice in an alley behind her, and patterns in movement of the bustling crowd she waded through struck her all at once, a message written at her birth and delivered only now: "Avistan."

By the next morning, she had booked passage and was headed east. A whisper greeted her on the shore, and with each step in her path they grew more precise. Arriving, at last, at a secluded copse past the fringes of civilization, she met her patron-to-be. They spoke for what may have been hours or may have been years, and for the first time in her life she felt satisfied with the answers she received. Xiuying now travels the world in search of ever-greater secrets, empowered by a deal struck with the Eldest Magdh. Her divine mission is to correct where fate has been set askew, but the details of this are... left to her interpretation.

samduke
2023-02-06, 11:46 PM
@paradox26

something I need to ask partially due to being a wishcrafter and partially because I need to ask...
the spell Permanency can make a list of spells permanent, I would like to know if that can be expanded to any spell as I can cast effectively most arcane and most divine via WISH / MIRACLE beyond my standard list of spells and SLA'S.

paradox26
2023-02-07, 01:18 AM
Sorry, but we will be sticking with the existing list of permanencied spells.

samduke
2023-02-08, 08:08 AM
Sorry, but we will be sticking with the existing list of permanencied spells.

NP
Question for the party, as it is presented as an option to me. looking at what we have for classes only, I am seeing many overlapping casting abilities, You know what your character is about

I built 2 characters for this game, 1 was built as a Tank with minor Sphere Arcane Caster/Sneak/Thief/Scout
the other was built as a dual Arcane / Divine caster around the theme of granting wishes with minor Face/Diplomat, but the party has characters with those filled from what I see.

So the GM has presented me the option of using the Tank instead.
before I make that choice

I would like to know what of the following roles what ROLE(s) do you put your own character into, if you fill a role not listed, just list it.

Psionic Caster
Arcane Caster
Divine Caster
Sneak/Thief/Scout
Face/Diplomat
Tank, <- this is not just ac but the ability to draw the hit and take the damage

watupwithdat
2023-02-08, 09:04 AM
I would like to know what of the following roles what ROLE(s) do you put your own character into, if you fill a role not listed, just list it.

I'd consider Setokh to be in the Psionic/Arcane Caster, Battlefield Control, Scout (arguably) and Utility roles currently. Do we count mind control/manipulation powers as face/diplomat?

Depending on what is cast and/or manifested some roles may be added or removed, however. Not to mention him being a Psychic Reformation away from a slightly different configuration (though I don't expect anything too drastic.)

samduke
2023-02-08, 09:39 AM
I'd consider Setokh to be in the Psionic/Arcane Caster, Battlefield Control, Scout (arguably) and Utility roles currently. Do we count mind control/manipulation powers as face/diplomat?

Depending on what is cast and/or manifested some roles may be added or removed, however. Not to mention him being a Psychic Reformation away from a slightly different configuration (though I don't expect anything too drastic.)

*Notation you might consider finishing filling out your sheet

Psychic Reformation does not count, what counts is what is current.

mind control/manipulation powers as face/diplomat <- I would say yes to a degree as these are also things like the intimidate/diplomacy skills ect...

Without SPELLS/POWERS do you fill the Scout (arguably) and Utility roles ? as a caster one can fill almost any role to a degree

every caster should fill a portion of Battlefield Control and is why i only listed "X" Caster

*Note @Paradox26 WARLAWK withdrew, sent you a link to the actual post.
Considering that factor alone I will switch over to my Tank build, and then P26 you can find another player to fill in ...

I will keep amber around however

edited

AdmiralIvy
2023-02-08, 10:14 PM
I would most consider Xiuying a divine caster, with a lesser degree of specialization as a face and/or scout. For the former, Bluff and Diplomacy are only middling, but some Inquisitor abilities combined with great Intimidate and Sense Motive might help out. For the latter, her Perception and Stealth are both quite good, and even before actual casting she's under a permanent Nondetection and has a variety of very high Knowledge checks, particularly to identify enemies.

There is one thing I forgot to mention previously, which still needs to completed on her sheet. On her Cleric side, I took this ability as a capstone:

With This Sword (Ex)
At 20th level, the character’s blade has become as well-known as the character herself. The character selects one item she has—preferably something iconic and significant, such as a weapon or arcane bond. The item becomes a minor artifact and gains 100,000 gp worth of new powers. The player and the GM should work together to select the new powers, with an eye towards making something memorable yet campaign-appropriate. Characters of any class can select this ability.
I was waiting until after I was accepted, were that to happen, to work this out personally with paradox26. I've chosen ahead of time for it to be her weapon, because it feels fitting as an obvious connection to her faith, but her holy symbol or something similar would also work quite well in my eyes. So would it be best for me to look through some possible ideas for what to fill out the 100,000 gp worth of new powers with, paradox? Or would you rather decide on some guidelines yourself?

paradox26
2023-02-09, 02:30 AM
*Notation you might consider finishing filling out your sheet

Psychic Reformation does not count, what counts is what is current.

mind control/manipulation powers as face/diplomat <- I would say yes to a degree as these are also things like the intimidate/diplomacy skills ect...

Without SPELLS/POWERS do you fill the Scout (arguably) and Utility roles ? as a caster one can fill almost any role to a degree

every caster should fill a portion of Battlefield Control and is why i only listed "X" Caster

*Note @Paradox26 WARLAWK withdrew, sent you a link to the actual post.
Considering that factor alone I will switch over to my Tank build, and then P26 you can find another player to fill in ...

I will keep amber around however

edited
Thanks for the heads up. I saw your post before I went onto the forum to see Warlawk's post. I will decide on a new player. Does anyone have a particular preference? I figure since you will be playing beside them I should ask, especially since you are deciding on party roles.

I would most consider Xiuying a divine caster, with a lesser degree of specialization as a face and/or scout. For the former, Bluff and Diplomacy are only middling, but some Inquisitor abilities combined with great Intimidate and Sense Motive might help out. For the latter, her Perception and Stealth are both quite good, and even before actual casting she's under a permanent Nondetection and has a variety of very high Knowledge checks, particularly to identify enemies.

There is one thing I forgot to mention previously, which still needs to completed on her sheet. On her Cleric side, I took this ability as a capstone:

I was waiting until after I was accepted, were that to happen, to work this out personally with paradox26. I've chosen ahead of time for it to be her weapon, because it feels fitting as an obvious connection to her faith, but her holy symbol or something similar would also work quite well in my eyes. So would it be best for me to look through some possible ideas for what to fill out the 100,000 gp worth of new powers with, paradox? Or would you rather decide on some guidelines yourself?
You can come up with powers and just run them past me. I will be pretty flexible.

samduke
2023-02-09, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the heads up

based on the last table I look at ( https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25694925&postcount=380 )
in no particular order

Gunhaven Ixen'Hesjing Unchained Monk (The Stupor Monk) 4/Alchemist (Eldritch Infuser) 17 Guru (Essence Wielder) 1/Alchemist 1/Monk 3/Trinity Angel 6/Trinity Warrior 10

Thunder999 Zavud Rubato Bard 20/Master of Many Styles 1 Rajah 21

greenpotato Ilyat the executioner Fighter Runesinger 21 Thug 5 / Cavalier 4 / Spheres Pack Lord 12

Lord of Gifts Mhurren Stoneskin Fracture Fighter 21 Arcane Weaponeer Magus 21

these are who I would vote for , However You should look at their sheets and decide

watupwithdat
2023-02-09, 09:18 AM

Without spells or powers Setokh is fodder with close-range telepathy and a psicrystal which can scout. So in other words pretty useless for anything that's not sneaking up on you or can be spied upon by a psicrystal that barely ever leaves its master's side.

based on the last table I look at ( https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=380 )
in no particular order
Some of those apps are unavailable or very barebones (cleared out mechanics after selections perhaps.)

As for what to pick, I'm too poor at Spheres to judge apps fairly. Some kind of martial character?

paradox26
2023-02-11, 12:02 AM
We will go with Gunhaven then. I will extend an invitation. Thanks for the input.

Gunhaven
2023-02-11, 01:13 AM
Oh sick. Ixen’Hesjing ( https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2736935) ready to tempt fate with a 0.6 BAC! For chat I’ll go with… Purple.

As it stands I exist to punch things and confound them when they start to burn. Otherwise I can fill in for healing and a little bit of melee control.

Looking at things I suspect I'll be able to exist fairly comfortably as a mid range / melee DPS. Astral Pugilism lets me throw my punches 40 feet, or I can send forth a copy 200 feet once a turn as a swift action and then start swinging from that. Or I can start chucking alchemical items, which will apply me punches if the attack roll would beat their normal AC. If we need to do some area denial I can always make a volcano, too.

And barring any other suggestions/concerns I should be good to go. I added in a freezing geyser and spent some gold upgrading my implement.

AdmiralIvy
2023-02-11, 09:25 AM
Excited to have you in the group!

I had a hard time finding appropriately thematic enchantments or items for the ability, so I defaulted to generally defensive ones (and will likely apply this to her holy symbol as opposed to her weapon, to be more in line with that). Opting for three to fit in with Magdh, does this math check out?

Ring of Counterspells (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ring%20of%20Count erspells) - 4,000 gp * 1.5 (multiple different abilities) * 2 (slotless) = +12,000 gp
Black Soul Shard (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Black%20Soul%2 0Shard) - 12,000 gp * 1.5 (multiple different abilities) * 2 (slotless) = +36,000 gp
Ring of Evasion (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ring%20of%20Evasi on) - 25,000 gp * 2 (slotless) = +50,000 gp
Total value of Argat, the Shining = 12,000 + 36,000 + 50,000 = 98,000 gp
With a small custom request (which I am fine to go without), that Xiuying receives a slight nudge in the right direction of what would be useful when refilling the Ring of Counterspells portion.

samduke
2023-02-11, 05:09 PM
Excited to have you in the group!

I had a hard time finding appropriately thematic enchantments or items for the ability, so I defaulted to generally defensive ones (and will likely apply this to her holy symbol as opposed to her weapon, to be more in line with that). Opting for three to fit in with Magdh, does this math check out?

Ring of Counterspells (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ring%20of%20Count erspells) - 4,000 gp * 1.5 (multiple different abilities) * 2 (slotless) = +12,000 gp
Black Soul Shard (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Black%20Soul%2 0Shard) - 12,000 gp * 1.5 (multiple different abilities) * 2 (slotless) = +36,000 gp
Ring of Evasion (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ring%20of%20Evasi on) - 25,000 gp * 2 (slotless) = +50,000 gp
Total value of Argat, the Shining = 12,000 + 36,000 + 50,000 = 98,000 gp
With a small custom request (which I am fine to go without), that Xiuying receives a slight nudge in the right direction of what would be useful when refilling the Ring of Counterspells portion.

not sure if your math is correct

ring of evasion 25,000
black soul shard 12,000 x 1.5 (18,000)
ring of counter spells 4,000 x1.5 (6,000)
total 49,000 gp

are you attaching the black soul shard to a ring ?
(multiple different abilities) what abilities ?
(slotless) you dont need it slotless do you ?
I am hoping you put (greater dispell magic) on that ring of counter spells
do not attach these to a holy symbol that is just a waste IMHO
and unless the holy symbol states otherwise MOST are a Throat Slot

AdmiralIvy
2023-02-12, 10:01 AM
not sure if your math is correct

ring of evasion 25,000
black soul shard 12,000 x 1.5 (18,000)
ring of counter spells 4,000 x1.5 (6,000)
total 49,000 gp

are you attaching the black soul shard to a ring ?
(multiple different abilities) what abilities ?
(slotless) you dont need it slotless do you ?
I am hoping you put (greater dispell magic) on that ring of counter spells
do not attach these to a holy symbol that is just a waste IMHO
and unless the holy symbol states otherwise MOST are a Throat Slot

I thought making an item slotless multiplied the entire price by 2, after all other considerations. The multiple abilities in this case would be all three of those on one item, though you make a good point that said item need not be slotless. I got a bit caught up on what item would be most thematically appropriate to be blessed by Magdh, rather than what would make most mechanical sense. I'll pop back in shortly with a reconsidered idea for it, as the capstone ability doesn't give the option to bank unused value, so I should find a way to at least approach to 100,000 gp cap. Thank you for the corrections!

samduke
2023-02-13, 07:04 AM
I thought making an item slotless multiplied the entire price by 2, after all other considerations. The multiple abilities in this case would be all three of those on one item, though you make a good point that said item need not be slotless. I got a bit caught up on what item would be most thematically appropriate to be blessed by Magdh, rather than what would make most mechanical sense. I'll pop back in shortly with a reconsidered idea for it, as the capstone ability doesn't give the option to bank unused value, so I should find a way to at least approach to 100,000 gp cap. Thank you for the corrections!

hrm a 100,000 gp cap to a single item ? thats interesting
just as a note pending item and you obviously, but magic armor and or weapons add up fast
magic items in general do not unless they are very expensive, I personally have never bothered with trying to make something slotless that was not already such. so I would need to re-read the cost factor of that but again in my experience it really for the most part is not needed

but the formulea for adding items to items is the lesser expensive of items is 1.5 x its cost to be combined to the more expensive item regardless of item (type) THEN the combined item if it was to be made slotless is then cost factored last

AdmiralIvy
2023-02-13, 11:53 PM
hrm a 100,000 gp cap to a single item ? thats interesting
just as a note pending item and you obviously, but magic armor and or weapons add up fast
magic items in general do not unless they are very expensive, I personally have never bothered with trying to make something slotless that was not already such. so I would need to re-read the cost factor of that but again in my experience it really for the most part is not needed

but the formulea for adding items to items is the lesser expensive of items is 1.5 x its cost to be combined to the more expensive item regardless of item (type) THEN the combined item if it was to be made slotless is then cost factored last

Got it, thank you! Apologies for the delay on this, yesterday and today were unexpectedly busy and I keep fussing over exacts for this. My best idea thus far is this, without resorting to looking at a truly custom item (which I would prefer to avoid for both my and paradox's sanity):
Soultether Ring (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Soultether%20Ring ) - 8,000 gp * 1.5 * (multiple different abilities) = +12,000 gp
3x Ring of Counterspells (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ring%20of%20Count erspells) - 12,000 gp * 1.5 (multiple different abilities) = +18,000 gp
Ring of Evasion (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ring%20of%20Evasi on) - 25,000 gp * 1.5 (multiple different abilities) = +37,500 gp
Ring of Refusal (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ring%20of%20Refus al) - +32,500 gp
Total value of a round 100,000 gp

paradox26
2023-02-14, 01:56 AM
Just a heads up. The game is still going ahead. It is just that my houseguest is still here and taking up most of my time. He will probably be gone in a few days, but I will try to get the first IC post up before then.

@AdmiralIvy, that ring combinations sounds alright by me.

AdmiralIvy
2023-02-14, 02:54 AM
No worries, best wishes with you and your guest. Glad the ring works! I'm open to suggestions as to what spells to store in it (maximum of 6th level, and preferably ones I can personally refill it with if necessary), but as a default I'll be putting Dismissal, Greater Dispel Magic, and Harm in there.

samduke
2023-02-14, 08:07 AM
Ring of Refusal
a ring that I am not familiar with - NICE !

Gunhaven
2023-02-14, 10:08 AM
That Soultether ring is pretty sick, too. I appreciate the extended time limit if I have to crack open a philosopher’s stone in the worst case scenario.

And take your time with the house guest.

samduke
2023-02-14, 07:50 PM
@AdmiralIvy

as to the spells for the 3 rings of counterspells
Dismissal
Greater Dispel Magic
Harm

ultimately these spells are your choices, choose what you feel you might encounter.

*Greater Dispel Magic should be enough to counter just about anything
*notation the spell is expended once used and so Xue Xiuying needs to re-apply it to the ring once used as they have it on their spell list

You make one dispel check (1d20 + the rings CL 11th +4) and compare that to the spell with highest caster level
(DC = 11 + the spell’s caster level)

Notation about the FAQ notation in PFSRD
The ring only affects spells that target you, not spells that include you in the area..

this is generally true EXCEPT with Greater Dispel Magic

when used as a counterspell: it can counter a targeted effects, such as any spell targeting yourself, but not your items
and or an area effect, such as Anti-magic field or an area effect spell that could effect you and your items

@Gunhaven
did you link your character sheet here and pick a speech color ?

Gunhaven
2023-02-15, 12:49 AM
@Gunhaven
did you link your character sheet here and pick a speech color ?

Oh sick. Ixen’Hesjing ( https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2736935) ready to tempt fate with a 0.6 BAC! For chat I’ll go with… Purple.

Ye, and I should be good to go unless y’all think of anything I should adjust. I might just start working on me buffs and junk just so I know what a generic turn could look like.

paradox26
2023-02-15, 11:35 PM
I have just linked the first post in this thread to the new IC thread. Give me half an hour and the first post should go up in the IC thread. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

samduke
2023-02-16, 01:04 PM
first layer of the Abyss, often known as the Plane of Infinite Portals
Elemental/energy traits: None
Alignment trait: Mildly chaotic evil

"You wonder if it is safe to go blindly into a place within the Abyss. "

Reiza:
Knowledge (Planes) [roll0]

paradox26
2023-02-16, 11:07 PM
That will give you a good understanding of the layout of the plane. Ask whatever you like, and I will answer it for you.

samduke
2023-02-17, 09:20 AM
That will give you a good understanding of the layout of the plane. Ask whatever you like, and I will answer it for you.

well in a way I have asked

is it safe to go blindly into a place within the Abyss

what inhabits the plane as a general basis

paradox26
2023-02-17, 02:16 PM
As far as the Abyss goes, it is reasonably safe, and travellers can sometimes be found there on their way to other places.

As for what you will find there, any sort of demon can be found. But vrocks are especially common, as their rules Pazuzu rules the skies above this layer of the Abyss.

watupwithdat
2023-02-18, 09:37 AM
Damn, sorry, been out of it and haven't really had spare time over for GITP this past week. Didn't think of saying anything as we still lacked out last player when I last popped in.

I feel a bit bad about it, as I was intending to finally do the last pieces of the sheet. Hopefully nothing affected will be be mechanically relevant yet, so I can fix stuff after I get an IC post up this weekend.

paradox26
2023-02-19, 01:26 AM
Not a problem. I can understand people being slow to kick off, after I was so slow to get the IC going. You have time to finish your sheet, as this is just the introduction to the campaign. As this is actually part 10 of 12 of a module series, I had to find a way to bring all into the game.

samduke
2023-02-22, 05:41 PM
Damn, sorry, been out of it and haven't really had spare time over for GITP this past week. Didn't think of saying anything as we still lacked out last player when I last popped in.

I feel a bit bad about it, as I was intending to finally do the last pieces of the sheet. Hopefully nothing affected will be be mechanically relevant yet, so I can fix stuff after I get an IC post up this weekend.

Not a problem. I can understand people being slow to kick off, after I was so slow to get the IC going. You have time to finish your sheet, as this is just the introduction to the campaign. As this is actually part 10 of 12 of a module series, I had to find a way to bring all into the game.

not sure how busy watupwithdat is, but maybe P26 go ahead and progress the IC

samduke
2023-02-24, 09:27 AM
not sure if my previous knowledge planes 44, was enought to know who Malcanthet, Queen of the Succubi is- ?
knowledge planes[roll/1d20+37[/roll], looking for if I know of or have heard of and then powers abilities, schemes ect...

samduke
2023-02-24, 09:28 AM
k. planes [roll0] cuz i goofed

paradox26
2023-02-24, 10:31 PM
You have heard of her. She is a demon lord, former concubine of Demogorgon, before he moved on to another. Her powers are those of a succubi, but better. Her schemes are unknown, but likely have something to do with getting back into Demogorgon's good graces again.

AdmiralIvy
2023-02-26, 02:09 AM
I'll do my best to be quick with anything in response to Malcanthet. If at any point anyone would like me to employ Discern Lies, just let me know.

samduke
2023-02-27, 06:06 PM
is the town of Broken Reach in the material plane ?

knowledge planes[roll0], looking for if I know of or have heard of the Wells of Darkness

I need you to travel to the town of Broken Reach. I then need you to consult with a being named Red Shroud. They will be able to give you directions to the Wells of Darkness, where I need you to rescue someone."

[roll1] + applicable knowledge

Knowledge (Planes) 37

Knowledge (Arcana) 25
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 25
Knowledge (Local) 25
Knowledge (Nature) 25
Knowledge (Religion) 25

Knowledge (Engineering) 11
Knowledge (Geography) 11
Knowledge (History) 11
Knowledge (Nobility) 11

paradox26
2023-03-01, 01:36 AM
Broken Reach is in the Abyss. It is the portal town to the Outlands town of Plague-Mort. It is a fortress built two hundred years ago by the mysterious Red Shroud. It is famed for its marketplace, which takes good from both all over the Abyss as well as coming through from the Outlands via Plague-Mort.

samduke
2023-03-02, 05:02 PM
Wel I know gunhaven and I replied IC to the demon, but I would hope that watupwithdat ->Setokh & AdmiralIvy ->Xue Xiuying
would get a request in as well on IC

AdmiralIvy
2023-03-03, 04:04 AM
Too long spent considering on my part, but just in case, I would like to roll Sense Motive, just to be absolutely sure of her honesty in regards to this being a one-time contract with no lasting consequences. [roll0]

paradox26
2023-03-05, 06:27 AM
Of course the remaining two will get input on the remuneration. I was just progressing things a little. Didn't want the game to lag. Sorry, I should have waited a bit longer.

You find it impossible to tell for sure, since the Queen of Succubi is surely an absolute mistress of deceit. But as best you can tell she is telling the truth.

AdmiralIvy
2023-03-09, 12:06 AM
Hmm, it's reasonable to expect she has truth-confounding magic, but I'll trust my intuition. More to the point, should we move on without Setokh? I don't want to be rude but it has been a bit.

samduke
2023-03-09, 08:13 AM
Hmm, it's reasonable to expect she has truth-confounding magic, but I'll trust my intuition. More to the point, should we move on without Setokh? I don't want to be rude but it has been a bit.

I would think, maybe a pm to the players would be of use, but I think we can move along

it is reasonable to think that as a demon she wants what she wants and definitely is not giving all the details

samduke
2023-03-12, 06:30 PM
@paradox26

Warlawk Last Activity 2023-03-10 - Never posted in OOC or IC - need to re-recruit for this one.

watupwithdat Last Activity 2023-02-25 - I think they were having RL issues - may need to re-recruit for this one.

AdmiralIvy Last Activity 2023-03-10 - Last OOC 2023-03-08 Last IC 2023-03-03

Gunhaven Last Activity Yesterday 04:10 PM Last OOC 2023-02-14 Last IC 2023-03-06

Samduke Last Activity - Now - Last OOC Now Last IC 2023-03-06

paradox26
2023-03-12, 10:32 PM
I have DMed Warlawk and AdmiralIvy to see if they are still interested. I assume AdmiralIvy at least is, as they posted OOC, though not IC, and I forgot to respond. I have now done so, so they can post IC again if they are still keen.

If either is not interested then I will rerecruit from the existing applicants.

samduke
2023-03-15, 06:30 AM
I am holding off posting IC for now to see what happens with players

paradox26
2023-03-16, 03:31 AM
No worries. I have messaged everyone, and if I don't get a response by tomorrow I will contact alternates and invite them into the game.

paradox26
2023-03-19, 02:06 AM
I am trying to contact a new prospective player, but we will continue in the meantime.

QuantumFlash
2023-03-19, 12:55 PM
Hello everyone. I am being called in as a backup, and I am playing Ulbar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2733685), a powerful Munavri arcane spellcaster, being a cross between wizard and arcanist, for high flexibility. He focuses primarily on destructive magics, though he also has a fair amount of utility as one might expect. He will speak in red. I will be getting a post up in the IC thread soon here, just as soon as I finish refreshing myself on the character and scenario.

samduke
2023-03-19, 02:30 PM
Hello everyone. I am being called in as a backup, and I am playing Ulbar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2733685), a powerful Munavri arcane spellcaster, being a cross between wizard and arcanist, for high flexibility. He focuses primarily on destructive magics, though he also has a fair amount of utility as one might expect. He will speak in red. I will be getting a post up in the IC thread soon here, just as soon as I finish refreshing myself on the character and scenario.

welcome
do not forget to link your character here

QuantumFlash
2023-03-19, 02:49 PM
The link is there, no worries. Also a question since I don't remember if this ever got addressed, are we houseruling Gate to be able to transport on the same plane?

samduke
2023-03-19, 06:08 PM
The link is there, no worries. Also a question since I don't remember if this ever got addressed, are we houseruling Gate to be able to transport on the same plane?

Gate the spell, something for the GM... BUT

Casting a gate spell has two effects. -> concentrating on the 1st only..

First, it creates an interdimensional connection between your plane of existence and a plane you specify, allowing travel between those two planes in either direction.

Planar Travel: As a mode of planar travel, a gate spell functions much like a plane shift spell, except that the gate opens precisely at the point you desire (a creation effect).

Deities and other beings who rule a planar realm can prevent a gate from opening in their presence or personal demesnes if they so desire.

Travelers need not join hands with you–anyone who chooses to step through the portal is transported. A gate cannot be opened to another point on the same plane; the spell works only for interplanar travel.

You may hold the gate open only for a brief time (no more than 1 round per caster level), and you must concentrate on doing so, or else the interplanar connection is severed.

based on the bold underlined portion I would say it would not work for the intended travel

QuantumFlash
2023-03-19, 06:10 PM
Yes, I know about that, however I know that it is also a fairly common houserule to ignore that part of the spell and let it connect to a different spot on the same plane, so I'm just asking which way we're playing it.

QuantumFlash
2023-03-21, 10:42 AM
Also at this point I guess I’ll just roll a knowledge check for the Wells of Darkness.

Knowledge Planes: [roll0]

paradox26
2023-03-23, 03:42 AM
I will rule that Gate can work within the same plane, as a Greater Teleport effect. Since it is a 9th level spell, I figure I will grant it a bit of leeway.

The Wells of Darkness are a group of prisons within the Abyss, where those deemed hated by the powers that be within the Abyss place their enemies. It is the 73rd layer of the Abyss, the Wells of Darkness are ruled by Ahazu. Originally believed to be a large empty wasteland, Ahazu ordered his followers to build trenches in the layer to improve fortifications and when they did they broke into the Darkness. A rocky plane of jagged hills with a dim blue sun overhead, filled with black pits that appear to be full of tar, which are actually places where the followers of Ahazu opened the ground up to the void. The ruined stone fortress called Overlook is the base from which all of the marble fortifications around the wells originate, and constantly moving from well to well are the Custodians, terrifyingly large Bodaks that guard the wells. The wells act as nearly inescapable prisons, serving the followers of Ahazu well. Ahazu himself fed himself to the void, so obsessed with its power, which he calls Shattered Night. His followers the varrangoin run a multi-planar business of abduction and incarceration through use of the Wells, and Ahazu seems to draw power from those kept within the prison. Few beings have ever escaped.

QuantumFlash
2023-03-23, 08:58 AM
Thanks, that might come in handy.

Now also rolling for Broken Reach, to see if I know it well enough to target a teleport there. Presuming knowledge planes again.

Knowledge planes: [roll0]

samduke
2023-03-23, 09:08 AM
I will rule that Gate can work within the same plane, as a Greater Teleport effect. Since it is a 9th level spell, I figure I will grant it a bit of leeway.

The Wells of Darkness are a group of prisons within the Abyss, where those deemed hated by the powers that be within the Abyss place their enemies. It is the 73rd layer of the Abyss, the Wells of Darkness are ruled by Ahazu. Originally believed to be a large empty wasteland, Ahazu ordered his followers to build trenches in the layer to improve fortifications and when they did they broke into the Darkness. A rocky plane of jagged hills with a dim blue sun overhead, filled with black pits that appear to be full of tar, which are actually places where the followers of Ahazu opened the ground up to the void. The ruined stone fortress called Overlook is the base from which all of the marble fortifications around the wells originate, and constantly moving from well to well are the Custodians, terrifyingly large Bodaks that guard the wells. The wells act as nearly inescapable prisons, serving the followers of Ahazu well. Ahazu himself fed himself to the void, so obsessed with its power, which he calls Shattered Night. His followers the varrangoin run a multi-planar business of abduction and incarceration through use of the Wells, and Ahazu seems to draw power from those kept within the prison. Few beings have ever escaped.

oh interesting

Thanks, that might come in handy.

Now also rolling for Broken Reach, to see if I know it well enough to target a teleport there. Presuming knowledge planes again.

Knowledge planes: [roll0]

I guess I should try this also for broken reach... Knowledge planes: [roll0]

paradox26
2023-03-25, 07:00 AM
Broken Reach is a city founded a few hundred years ago by a succubus, Red Shroud, a flame-haired taskmistress who still rules the city to this day. She is well known for her poisons as well as having the most dependable information and rumors on the Abyss and the greater multiverse. Many Abyssal Lords, or demons hoping to become powerful, seek her advice and see the information from her as genuine and as real as you can get, despite her many connections, her city has had to fight to survive on this top layer. Mobs of petitioners, githzerai looking for a new citadel home in the Abyss, and even Abyssal lords have attempted to take the fortress city from her grasp, all have failed.

This town is typically one of the more hospitable places on the Plain, but that isn’t saying much. Those who are unprepared for the Abyss don’t survive their first night here, and those that do should have deep pockets for any supplies they need. Red, the succubus in charge, is a firm believer in turning a large profit and charges high taxes on everything in this town. In the town square is a slave auction and several succubi and incubi can be found there, most of them are the offspring of Red who doesn’t want any children trying to take over her role as head of the town.

Beneath the iron citadel that oversees the town is a portal to Plague-Mort, the gate town on the Outlands. Utilizing this portal, Red can conduct trade with the rest of the planes and gather the latest news and information about the multiverse. It is said that Red is no longer happy with just her one town and is looking to expand her holdings to the nearby fortress of Mithrengo.

QuantumFlash
2023-03-29, 03:38 PM
I'd assume based on previous checks we'd have a good idea where to look for Red Shroud? Like, based on city structure, where the affluent live or where the center of rule is?

paradox26
2023-03-30, 06:28 AM
I have sent you onwards to the meeting, as she would be easy to find. Now there is a flaming barrier to deal with.

paradox26
2023-04-06, 03:38 AM
I must submit my apologies for not having been online in a few days. I have been visiting a terminally ill friend in hospital every second day in my free time. And in between those days, I have been helping a friend do an online course that has taken him many hours longer than it took me when I did the same course. But he has been using my computer to do it as he doesn't have one himself, and so I haven't been able to access my computer.

I am updating the posts now.

samduke
2023-04-06, 09:29 PM
i am suffering with a nasty kidney stone and so my post rate is going to be very little for a bit

GM just play me until I return

I will recover, planning april 10 as I am spending a lot of time R&R

paradox26
2023-04-10, 04:40 AM
Sorry to hear that, Sam. Hope you feel better soon. I will just play you as quietly in the background for now. There is no real decisionmaking required for the next couple of days in any case.

samduke
2023-04-13, 10:50 AM
Rolls for Red Shroud Conversation

Diplomacy [roll0]
Knowledge Planes [roll1]
Perception [roll2]

edit

wow the rng almost hates me

paradox26
2023-04-15, 04:44 AM
I will allow you to remake the Diplomacy roll once you have offered her gifts that she would like. That is what the module calls for, so don't worry about your poor skill roll right now.

samduke
2023-04-17, 10:10 PM
I will allow you to remake the Diplomacy roll once you have offered her gifts that she would like. That is what the module calls for, so don't worry about your poor skill roll right now.

well i have reread and nothing stated what she wanted and no response given to the direct - what do you want question

paradox26
2023-04-19, 02:35 AM
Sorry, I thought it was clear that she wanted coins. But items are just as good. I just clarified that. Remember to ask Melcanthet to reimburse you for what you offer. She wants a great deal. Just to give you some idea, the mere mention of Shami-Amourae gives a -20 to the Diplomacy roll. You get a +1 to your roll as a Competence bonus for every 2000gp you offer. So it will cost you.

samduke
2023-04-19, 07:26 AM
Sorry, I thought it was clear that she wanted coins. But items are just as good. I just clarified that. Remember to ask Melcanthet to reimburse you for what you offer. She wants a great deal. Just to give you some idea, the mere mention of Shami-Amourae gives a -20 to the Diplomacy roll. You get a +1 to your roll as a Competence bonus for every 2000gp you offer. So it will cost you.

all Reiza is doing at the moment is Studied Target (Ex) = red shroud
red shroud <True Sight>
red shroud <Scout> As a swift action, you may identify a creature’s weaknesses (DC 10 + creature’s CR)
red shroud <Find Gap> knowledge or perception check
red shroud <Heightened Awareness>
When actively searching with the Perception skill (a move action), you may detect the presence of ongoing magical auras, such as those left by spells such as alarm or invisibility. If the target does not normally have a Perception DC, the DC is equal to the original spell DC as determined by the spell’s caster (DC 10 + spell level + caster’s casting ability modifier), or DC 25 if the effect does not originate from a source that would make it possible to determine a spell DC. This does not give you any information about the exact nature of magical effects detected in this manner, you are merely aware that a magical effect is active and the general area it is active in.
So long as you have martial focus, you may make a Perception check to notice the presence of traps or ongoing magical effects (as described above) whenever you pass within 10 ft. of them, whether or not you are actively looking.

red shroud Diplomacy [roll0]
red shroud Perception [roll1]
red shroud knowledge checks
all knowledge except the planes [roll2]
Knowledge the planes [roll3]

okay party Reiza has 6,701 gp, how much can we come up with ????

Gunhaven
2023-04-20, 03:00 AM
I only got 2450 gold, lol.

paradox26
2023-04-22, 03:10 AM
Just an idea. The module doesn't suggest it. You could always go back to Malcanthet to borrow the money, since it is for her purposes anyway. You don't seem to have enough gold to negate the negative to the diplomacy check you got from mentioning Shami-Amourae.

As for your rolls, you learn that she is in her natural form, but robed, so you can't see exactly what that form is, though from her size she appears likely to be a succubus. You also learn that she doesn't have any active spell effects cast upon her. She doesn't have any notable weaknesses.

samduke
2023-04-22, 07:26 AM
Just an idea. The module doesn't suggest it. You could always go back to Malcanthet to borrow the money, since it is for her purposes anyway. You don't seem to have enough gold to negate the negative to the diplomacy check you got from mentioning Shami-Amourae.

As for your rolls, you learn that she is in her natural form, but robed, so you can't see exactly what that form is, though from her size she appears likely to be a succubus. You also learn that she doesn't have any active spell effects cast upon her. She doesn't have any notable weaknesses.

okay but does what I learned give me an idea to her power level, I think that was one of the things I could learn (?) we probably should go back and get some GP from Malcanthet though vs. attempting to beat the information out of this succubus + guards.

paradox26
2023-04-24, 01:55 AM
She is effectively a demon lord. She doesn't rule the whole layer, but she is powerful. You also know that a condition of entry into the city is that you must be willing to fight to defend her if she is attacked. So if you attack her, you will be facing pretty much every demon and traveller in the city.

samduke
2023-04-24, 09:31 AM
She is effectively a demon lord. She doesn't rule the whole layer, but she is powerful. You also know that a condition of entry into the city is that you must be willing to fight to defend her if she is attacked. So if you attack her, you will be facing pretty much every demon and traveller in the city.

yeah - NOPE... did not think it a great idea

paradox26
2023-04-28, 01:39 AM
To save the game bogging down, I will handwave the trip back to Malcanthet, and just assume she will loan the money, though it wasn't part of her agreement to pay the costs associated with the quest. She will be lenient in favour of getting the job done. How much do you want to borrow off her?

Gunhaven
2023-05-02, 05:20 AM
Shoot, I think we need 40k to counteract the penalty to diplomacy? So.... [roll0] for funsies, to be deducted from the 400k we'd get from the quest completion?

paradox26
2023-05-06, 03:21 AM
Sounds perfect to me. I had been rethinking that I should just have given you 40K to counteract the penalty, but you got there before me.

samduke
2023-05-06, 08:21 AM
OOC Actions
Okay, I need just one of you to roll a Diplomacy check, now that the penalty has been negated. First one to roll is the one we will go with.

I see... Diplomacy
Setokh +30
Reiza +29
Xue Xiuying +10
Ixen'Hesjing +10

SO Reiza [roll0] opps -1 from that...

edited

paradox26
2023-05-13, 02:09 AM
Just checking in on the game. Is everyone still here? I don't want to have to re-recruit, so if no one wants to continue the game then we can just end it, though I would much prefer that we continue.

samduke
2023-05-14, 07:05 AM
Just checking in on the game. Is everyone still here? I don't want to have to re-recruit, so if no one wants to continue the game then we can just end it, though I would much prefer that we continue.

ping - here - I was hoping that one of the others would post IC, and I have been busy

Gunhaven
2023-05-15, 03:37 AM
I honestly kept getting distracted and waited to see what’s crackalackin.

samduke
2023-05-15, 06:15 PM
posted a short reply to Ixen

paradox26
2023-05-16, 04:46 AM
I am holding off on posting until the discussion is done.

samduke
2023-05-16, 10:38 PM
wondering about the other 2 players nothing recently from them

paradox26
2023-05-18, 05:27 AM
No, I assume they have gone. Do you want to continue with just the two of you, end the game, or re-recruit?

samduke
2023-05-19, 07:56 AM
No, I assume they have gone. Do you want to continue with just the two of you, end the game, or re-recruit?

well if I am being honest, due to issues this floundered out of the gate which probably lost the other two players, I would say that if Gunhaven is okay with re-recruiting, go that route but recruit like 3 cuz players tend to drop.

Otherwise just end it

Gunhaven
2023-05-19, 08:50 AM
I’d be okay with either, honestly. And ye, 3 sounds like a good number just because we could use a taxi at least.

paradox26
2023-05-21, 05:27 AM
I will put up a re-recruitment post in the forums then. I have given enough time for the other players to chime in, and it seems certain they have gone.

samduke
2023-05-30, 01:50 PM
post hey I have spent real money - pc power supply replaced

paradox26
2023-06-01, 06:19 AM
That sucks, but could have been worse. I had to replace my power supplies on my last two computers. At least it wasn't a CPU, motherboard, or hard drive burnout.

I am in the process of picking new players now, so we can get going again very soon. Thanks for your patience.

samduke
2023-06-02, 04:01 PM
That sucks, but could have been worse. I had to replace my power supplies on my last two computers. At least it wasn't a CPU, motherboard, or hard drive burnout.

I am in the process of picking new players now, so we can get going again very soon. Thanks for your patience.

yeah well i am extremely knowledgeable, I had this narrowed down to bad power supply or bad cpu, but as I did not have a spare to test with, I had to take the chance on the cheaper power supply.

great to hear on players

paradox26
2023-06-04, 04:48 AM
I have made my selections. It was tough, there were many high quality apps, and most of them tried to fill the caster slot. I ended up with three casters, as those were the apps I felt best suited to the game.

Please welcome Belgareth, Starmage 21, and Warlawk.

Welcome to the game. Please pick a colour, and you cans tart reading through the IC thread to catch up. You haven't missed a lot. Start posting as soon as you are prepared. You can assume you were with the party the whole time, but kept in the background, so you know all that has been discussed. The link to the IC thread is below:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?654201-Wells-of-Darkness-IC&p=25709022#post25709022

Warlawk
2023-06-04, 07:42 AM
Checking in, will speak in Orange. Will catch up on the IC thread and do any touch up needed on the character sheet.

@Paradox You indicated in the recruitment thread that we can just set aside some gold as generic "Expensive Material Components" correct?

samduke
2023-06-04, 10:12 AM
Welcome to BelGareth, Starmage21, and Warlawk

Gunhaven
2023-06-04, 11:24 AM
Glad to have y'all!

BelGareth
2023-06-04, 11:25 AM
Hey all! And thanks for selecting me!

Think I’ll grab bold This

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2795238

Warlawk
2023-06-04, 03:44 PM
As I'm doing the finishing touches on my character sheet, are there any Wizard (Arcanist) spells that people want to be sure I have either in my book for offtime utility or in daily memory for regular usage?

EDIT: Daily spells can be found on my Character Sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2794834), while the complete Spellbook (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xzepsI9sybCdJFC-xI58DvvdoBH0zvY1e0pkNs6vpBk/edit?usp=sharing) can be found here.

EDIT2: A question for P26 regarding stacking of bonuses from Akashic Veils. If I have an insight bonus to Knowledge checks, and I have a veil that allows me to reroll a failed int based skill check with an insight bonus do they stack? I know bonuses of the same type don't stack obviously, but they are bonuses to different things (Int based skill checks and knowledge checks).

The veils in question are these
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Gourd_of_Wisdom
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Book_and_Quill_of_the_Akashic_Record

Book and Quill of the Akashic Record
View source

Descriptors: Enhanced (dagger), Enhanced (light shield)

Class: Guru, Kheshig, Nexus, Radiant, Soulforge, Vizier

Slot: Hands

Saving Throw: See text

A steel chained lariat wraps around the veilweaver’s hand. From this chain hangs two charms that depict a book and a quill.

Shaping this veil allows you to conjure a book and quill directly from the akashic record. These objects do not necessarily have to be a book and quill; they take the shape of a writing implement you are most comfortable using, and a book-like object you would write in using that implement (you could conjure a fountain pen, if you know of them, or a chisel and slate).

The quill conjured by this veil can be wielded as a dagger, and can produce its own ink when writing in any color you can imagine, the color of which can be changed as a swift action. A thrown quill dissipates after the attack is resolved.

The book produced by this veil can be wielded as a light shield and contains an infinite amount of pages. Anything you write in the book is retained between shapings of this veil. You may tear a page from the book to permanently remove something you wrote, which causes the page to disintegrate upon being removed. This book also reacts to your will, turning to whichever page you like upon being opened.

The book created by this veil can also be used to draw information directly from the akashic record in a very limited way; whenever you would make a Knowledge check, you may spend a full-round action to flip through the pages of the book to receive a +2 insight bonus to that check. This also applies to Research checks, if using the Research rules.

The book and quill produced by this veil are enhanced as separate items.

Essence: For each point of essence invested into this veil the bonus granted by the knowledge checks utilizing the book increases by +1, and you gain a +2 insight bonus to damage rolls made using the quill. For every 2 points of essence invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack rolls made using the quill.

Gourd of Wisdom
View source

Descriptors: None

Class: Fisherking, Guru, Huay, Lunar, Promethean, Radiant, Spellweaver, Vizier, Volur

Slot: Belt

This simple drinking gourd hangs heavily from your waist on a belt of elastic spider silk.

A number times per day equal to 3 + your veilweaving modifier, you can take a drink from the sweet liquid within this gourd as an immediate action in response to failing an Intelligence based skill check. You then reroll the check with a +2 insight bonus.
Essence: For each point of essence invested in this veil, the insight bonus it grants to rerolled Intelligence based skill checks increases by 1.

EDIT3: P26 I just want to be sure that you're okay with purely fluff based reflavoring of abilities? As an example I would like to change Pestilence Cloak veil from being swarms of bugs surrounding the user to being something more fitting for the character like motes of magical energy. No mechanical changes.

Similarly are you open to very minor mechanical changes to veils? For instance the Lyricists Lament (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Lyricist%27s_Lament) grants bonuses to perform (String), but I would love to have it instead grant bonuses to Perform (Sing). IIRC I don't actually have any features, spells or abilities that rely on that skill check, I just want to pump it up for when he spends some quality time singing with Syra.

BelGareth
2023-06-04, 04:17 PM
Let me know if there are any spells on my list, seeing as you are a wizard base, and I’m a sorcerer based, I can;’t change my spell list like you. Looks like we have a few utility spells in common, but I don’t see an issue with that, stuff like fly, haste, teleport etc.

But I’m happy to change some, assuming that’s ok P26?

I’m mostly a utility caster, with a smidgen of blasting.

Warlawk
2023-06-04, 07:00 PM
Let me know if there are any spells on my list, seeing as you are a wizard base, and I’m a sorcerer based, I can;’t change my spell list like you. Looks like we have a few utility spells in common, but I don’t see an issue with that, stuff like fly, haste, teleport etc.

Hah, same for me in being primarily a support caster. I was VERY tempted when I first started the character to go the same oracle/sorcerer route that you did but decided to switch things up a bit and try out an Akashic class that I thought was neat.

I don't think that doubling up is necessarily bad, I can switch out my active spells for the day so we aren't doubling up too much but still have access through arcanist spell swap shenanigans. I am going to go ahead and swap out (from daily spells, not spellbook) the Teleport/Planar travel stuff since you have it and I can get it back if needed.

Also keep in mind for party suggestions that I have a feat (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/secret-of-magical-discipline/) that will let me cast any spell from any list twice per day. So if there is a niche spell that matches up with a situation feel free to suggest it! With a 41 KArcana and 45 Spellcraft my character knows spell lists better than I do, so you guys can be my backup there!

BelGareth
2023-06-04, 07:25 PM
Hah, same for me in being primarily a support caster. I was VERY tempted when I first started the character to go the same oracle/sorcerer route that you did but decided to switch things up a bit and try out an Akashic class that I thought was neat.

I don't think that doubling up is necessarily bad, I can switch out my active spells for the day so we aren't doubling up too much but still have access through arcanist spell swap shenanigans. I am going to go ahead and swap out (from daily spells, not spellbook) the Teleport/Planar travel stuff since you have it and I can get it back if needed.

Also keep in mind for party suggestions that I have a feat (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/secret-of-magical-discipline/) that will let me cast any spell from any list twice per day. So if there is a niche spell that matches up with a situation feel free to suggest it! With a 41 KArcana and 45 Spellcraft my character knows spell lists better than I do, so you guys can be my backup there!

Nice, works for me. Also of note all my conjuration (teleport) spells are enlarged, so double the range.

paradox26
2023-06-05, 12:07 AM
Checking in, will speak in Orange. Will catch up on the IC thread and do any touch up needed on the character sheet.

@Paradox You indicated in the recruitment thread that we can just set aside some gold as generic "Expensive Material Components" correct?
That is correct, yes.

As I'm doing the finishing touches on my character sheet, are there any Wizard (Arcanist) spells that people want to be sure I have either in my book for offtime utility or in daily memory for regular usage?

EDIT: Daily spells can be found on my Character Sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2794834), while the complete Spellbook (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xzepsI9sybCdJFC-xI58DvvdoBH0zvY1e0pkNs6vpBk/edit?usp=sharing) can be found here.

EDIT2: A question for P26 regarding stacking of bonuses from Akashic Veils. If I have an insight bonus to Knowledge checks, and I have a veil that allows me to reroll a failed int based skill check with an insight bonus do they stack? I know bonuses of the same type don't stack obviously, but they are bonuses to different things (Int based skill checks and knowledge checks).

The veils in question are these
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Gourd_of_Wisdom
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Book_and_Quill_of_the_Akashic_Record

EDIT3: P26 I just want to be sure that you're okay with purely fluff based reflavoring of abilities? As an example I would like to change Pestilence Cloak veil from being swarms of bugs surrounding the user to being something more fitting for the character like motes of magical energy. No mechanical changes.

Similarly are you open to very minor mechanical changes to veils? For instance the Lyricists Lament (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Lyricist%27s_Lament) grants bonuses to perform (String), but I would love to have it instead grant bonuses to Perform (Sing). IIRC I don't actually have any features, spells or abilities that rely on that skill check, I just want to pump it up for when he spends some quality time singing with Syra.
They wouldn't stack, as they are both Insight bonuses, but you would still get your reroll, just with a final bonus of +2, not +4.
Yes, you can make fluff based changes to effects for sure. And you can swap String for Sing without a problem.

That is fine to swap spells, now that you are in the game.

Starmage21
2023-06-05, 08:18 AM
Jaxon will speak in Bold Dark Grey. His internal monologue will be italicized.

Character sheet as well as any quick reference below. I have a lot of pre-built sphere effects set up as spell cards to make casting them a whole lot easier.

The Archwizard Jaxon Inegar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2735849)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/elder-scrolls-fanon/images/d/d8/Dark_Mage.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20200426225234

Class A: Incanter 21
Class B: Sphere Arcanist 15/Spheres Archwizard 6
Race: Magically Augmented Human
Ht./Wt.: 6'0"/175 lbs
Hair/Eyes: Brown/Hazel

Description: The garb of traditional magicians, a combination of robe and cloak, tends to conceal the fit and wiry frame of Jaxon. His recently shaven face bear a modest nose, and thin lips give Jaxon something of an everyman look which is only interrupted by his hazel eyes. Brown hair shorn short and oiled back away from his face, combined with the dark accommodating colors of his robe and cloak mark Jaxon's sense of style as utilitarian at worst. The shock of red glass contained within his staff draws the eye of an onlooker away as the only brightly colored piece of his gear or accoutrements.

Personality: Aloof, self-absorbed, and reticent from those outside the circle of close friends around whom he'd let his guard down. Amongst his friends, devilish, fun-loving, garrulous and jovial.
Jaxon uses a lot of ribs and jibes amongst his friends which would be a horrible way to treat them if they did not know that he lacked any sort of ill intent. He also is absolutely polite and cordial to anyone he does not like, or considers an enemy. This can create the illusion that he treats his friends worse than his adversaries. Something he often jokes about when discussing his introspections with others.

Step 1: write five things about your character’s concept and background, five things that you think are the most essential parts of your character. You don’t have to stop at five, if you like…this is just a minimum.
Came from nothing. Jaxon’s parents were day laborers that scraped and saved to pay to have him educated by members of a local artisan’s guild that made use of his father’s labor.aniel
Natural Talent. Jaxon took to reading and writing as if it was instinctual. Within a year Jaxon had consumed several treatises on politics, history, and magical theory that many would consider advanced subjects.
Refinement of Natural Ability. Guild members were impressed by Jaxon’s talents, and offered him more and more difficult tasks for training and work. He’d done enough work for the guild to not only ensure not only his own guild membership, but his father’s as well all by the time he was nineteen.
Notice of the Master. Guild Master Lecheron took notice of Jaxon as a result of his work and talents, and took him as his personal apprentice. He was taught magic in exchange for work in Lecheron’s laboratories. He was also able to utilize the labs for any of his own experiments and learning as a result.
Violence is not the only solution, but often it is the only achievable solution. Extreme creativity is often required to avoid violence.
Self-Absorption. If the gods were not plotting the demise of mortal men, I’d be back in my workshop.
Mutual Self-Interest gets **** done.

Step 2: List two goals for the character that you, as a player, think would be cool to see accomplished in-game.
Prove to The Gods that mortal men are capable of feats even greater than gods could ever hope.
Find or create an artifact which can be used against the gods, for either use, or as leverage against conflict.

Step 3: List two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help in creating plots that center around your character.
The name that Jaxon uses is not his true name. Jaxon wanted to prevent any enemies or the gods from exacting revenge against his family, and so he took on a new name.
(Unknown) Cursed by power. Jaxon comes from a bloodline that spans multiple worlds, born of the scattered children of a mortal ascended to godhood. An enemy of that god cursed his bloodline that they may always find power, and thus never have peace.

Step 4: Describe three people that are tied to the character through blood, romance or honor. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. All can do something useful for you, if you can get the situations to line up.
Guild Master Markus Zurvan
Archsage Aleksandr Avestrum
(Hostile) Roxzor, The Rune Smith; A stone giant

Step 5: Describe three memories that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
During the construction of Jaxon’s Warp Staff, Jaxon needed knowledge on rune-crafting to carve the many runes that contain the massive energy of the staff. He stole this information from Roxzor, because Roxzor had unreasonable demands for sharing the information.
Guild Master Zurvan allowed Jaxon to read advanced texts contained within his library at an age that had an impact on Jaxon. In his interactions with others his own age, he found himself disappointed and sad that the others were not as educated as he was.
The purchase of his farmland. They had always been day laborers, working for the guild. The transition to owning and operating their own farm was a momentous occasion, which meant that their acquired skills over the years could be put to use for their own ends.

Commonly Used Sphere Effects

Enhance Armor
Action: Standard
Spell Points: 1
Range: Medium
Duration: 21 hours
Talents & Spheres: Enhancement [Enhance] (Enhance Equipment), Deep Enhancement, Greater Enhance Equipment, Natural Enhancement
Augment: Mass Enhancement +1 SP
Effect: +6 Enhancement Bonus to Armor, Shield, or Natural Armor

Enhance Attribute
Talents & Spheres: Enhancement [Enhance] (Enhance Equipment), Deep Enhancement, Greater Enhance Equipment, Physical Enhancement OR Mental Enhancement
Effect: +8 Enhancement Bonus to one attribute

Enhance Skill
Talents & Spheres: Enhancement [Enhance] (Enhance Equipment), Deep Enhancement, Greater Enhance Equipment, Enhance Focus
Effect: +12 Enhancement Bonus to one skill

Protective Shield
Range: Close
Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis] (Deflection)
Effect: +5 Deflection Bonus to Armor Class

Force Screen
Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Ablating
Effect: Miss Chance 50%. -5% For each attack prevented.

Mirror Shield
Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Ray Deflection
Effect: 45% Chance to Reflect Rays

Spell Resistance
Spell Points: 2
Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Spell Ward
Effect: Spell Resistance 36

Protection From Energy
Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Energy Resistance
Effect: Energy Resistance 36 vs 1 Energy Type (Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic)

Mystic Shell
Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Mystic Shell
Effect: 4 Layers which are dispelled first. Layers can be sacrificed for Succor talents.

Temporal Acceleration
Duration: 21 Rounds
Talents & Spheres: Time [Alter Time] (Haste), Improved Haste, Temporal Haste
Augment: Mass Enhancement +1 SP, Extend +1 SP
Effect: +30ft Movement (Enhancement), +3 Attack Rolls, +3 AC (Dodge), +1 Attack on Full Attack, +5 Attacks of Opportunity, +1 Move OR Swift Action.

Temporal Blur
Duration: 21 Minutes
Talents & Spheres: Time, After Image
Augment: Mass Enhancement +1 SP, Extend +1 SP
Effect: 50% Miss Chance (Concealment)

Stoneskin
Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Obstruction
Effect: DR 14/- Capacity 250HP

Planar Protection
Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Breathless [Aegis], Planar Refuge[Aegis]
Effect: Subject no longer needs to breathe and is protected from harmful planar environment traits.

Negative Energy Protection
Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Deathless [Aegis], Undying [Aegis]
Effect: Subject is immune to Energy Drain and Negative Energy effects including Channel Energy. In addition the subject of Death subtype spells or sphere effects which do not allow a save can negate those effects with a Will save with a +4 Morale bonus.

Aldik Adath, The Archwizard

In the main door of the ziggurat's main chamber stands a humanoid figure of medium height where previously there stood no one. His first step forward into the chamber barely making a sound, as if his body carried no weight. Crimson pinpoints shine from beneath the shadow of the figure's hood. His second step into the room preceded by the metal on stone 'clink' of his staff used was a walking stick, a deep red ruby atop the staff focuses the sunlight from behind him into a red beam that is cast upon the floor ahead of the figure. The figure wears a red cloak, almost as dark as the ruby atop his staff, and brightly colored robes. As he proceeds towards the throne of Ashourina, the figure's features begin to be revealed beneath the shadow of the room, no longer concealed by the contrast from the sunlight outside. He is nothing but a bleached white skeleton, with no flesh about his animated bones to speak of.

The figure confidently approaches the throne, and kneels. Head lowered, he speaks with a raspy whisper of a voice which still carries the inflection of utmost respect

"My Queen...your servant, Archwizard Adath, answers your call. How may I be of service to you?"

Daroph sighs. Sitting in a bar like this wasn't going to fill his ever-shrinking purse if he couldnt find someone that could use his fairly rare set of skills. It was supposed to be easier than this to get someone to pay you to use magic that was by and large fun to use and a power trip from hell.

Daroph chuckles at that last thought. "power trip from hell...supposedly literally!" he mutters with a chuckle into his empty tankard.

Daroph is average looking specimen of the human race. He'd still get lost in the crowd with flat blond hair and green eyes looking pretty much like every other human. His clothing is dark and made of heavy cloth and leathers, but seen its fair share of use even if in reasonable condition. A dark brown cloak covers pretty much the rest of his adventuring gear in a heap on the floor next to him. He watches it cautiously as if it may contain something valuable, or it might just be every meager thing he owns.

In spite of having no particular moral qualms with banditry, it absolutely wasn't on the list of things he was willing to do, when there was supposedly enough people around willing to pay for legitimate business he was more than capable of carrying out.

Starmage21
2023-06-05, 08:38 AM
Regarding us new people joining the group: Are we to proceed as if we were always there, or did we have a separate meeting with Malcanthet?

BelGareth
2023-06-05, 09:23 AM
@starmage21, already grabbed dark red, i can change if you really want it tho?

Starmage21
2023-06-05, 10:29 AM
@starmage21, already grabbed dark red, i can change if you really want it tho?

I'll change. I was gonna do indigo but someone already has purple too :D

Starmage21
2023-06-08, 07:52 AM
I havent gotten an answer yet. I'm just gonna post as if I've always been there.

There are two questions I would ask Malcanthet while we were with her:

Are there any who are aware of this plan and will actively try to stop us from completing this objective?
Is this a secret plan? How much discretion would you like us to observe?

paradox26
2023-06-09, 03:29 AM
Regarding us new people joining the group: Are we to proceed as if we were always there, or did we have a separate meeting with Malcanthet?
Yes, assume you have always been with the group, so you know all that has been discussed.

I havent gotten an answer yet. I'm just gonna post as if I've always been there.

There are two questions I would ask Malcanthet while we were with her:

Are there any who are aware of this plan and will actively try to stop us from completing this objective?
Is this a secret plan? How much discretion would you like us to observe?

1. No one knows of the plan at this stage, other than the nalfeshnee guard to Red Shroud's throne room, Red Shroud, now that you have told her, and Malcanthet herself. The plans of demon princes are not widely discussed.
2. It is a secret plan by necessity. Demogorgon will not be happy with the proposed actions, so if he learns of it he will try to stop it by any means necessary. So proceed with caution, telling only as much as you must only to those that you must.

Sorry I have been silent, everyone. For some unknown reason the forum has stopped sending email updates on the latest posts, so I thought no one had responded to my last post.

BelGareth
2023-06-09, 09:33 AM
quick question i thought about, are the demons all speaking in common, or demonic?

paradox26
2023-06-11, 04:43 AM
The demons are all speaking in Common out of courtesy, as they assume mortals don't speak demonic.

samduke
2023-06-11, 06:29 PM
The demons are all speaking in Common out of courtesy, as they assume mortals don't speak demonic.

would they speak infernal or abyssal - do not recall demonic as a language :)

BelGareth
2023-06-11, 08:02 PM
would they speak infernal or abyssal - do not recall demonic as a language :)

Yep, you right

paradox26
2023-06-14, 06:00 AM
Sorry, Abyssal. I have been reading old Planescape 2E books lately, and they tend to refer to Abyssal as demonic, as demons come from the Abyss. Though they also called them Tanar'ri. A pity the old names were lost in the edition changes.

Starmage21
2023-06-14, 08:29 AM
Sorry, Abyssal. I have been reading old Planescape 2E books lately, and they tend to refer to Abyssal as demonic, as demons come from the Abyss. Though they also called them Tanar'ri. A pity the old names were lost in the edition changes.

Planescape is my absolute favorite campaign setting. I am miffed at the loss of things like that too, as the Baatezu and Tanar'ri were actually sub groups of devils demons that represented the most numerous groups but not all demons and devils were tanar'ri and Baatezu (respectively).

BelGareth
2023-06-14, 09:47 AM
Love tanar'ri and baatezu, soooo much cooler names.

samduke
2023-06-14, 01:46 PM
@ Warlawk
a spell that could help us locate our target
Discern Location
To find a creature with the spell, you must have seen the creature or have some item that once belonged to it.
* ? I do not think we have seen, nor possess an item ?

Knowledge Planes [roll0]
Perception [roll1]
Stealth [roll2]

Warlawk
2023-06-14, 03:20 PM
Hah, I believe you're likely correct. Not sure why I was thinking in my head that we had something belonging to our target but on quick review we likely don't.

Warlawk
2023-06-14, 03:26 PM
Double post for a knowledge check.
Knowledge Planes [roll0]

BelGareth
2023-06-14, 03:47 PM
Anyone know any ways to get around resistance/immunity? I am suddenly realizing I have several kinda unusable spells...which isn't really the worst thing in the world, more annoying

Gunhaven
2023-06-14, 04:07 PM
Unfortunately I think Crown of Elemental Mastery (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Crown_of_Elemental_Mastery?so=search) only works for my stuff. Maybe Studied Spell (https://www.aonprd.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Studied%20Spell) or a rod of it?

samduke
2023-06-15, 05:00 PM
Anyone know any ways to get around resistance/immunity? I am suddenly realizing I have several kinda unusable spells...which isn't really the worst thing in the world, more annoying

hrm not sure how helpful these may be...

The evocation subschool "Admixture" lets you change the energy type of your various evocations

use Force or Sonic spells

use Energy Substitution

Mythic path ability Energy conversion and Metamagic Elemental spell

Mythic feat Ascendant Spell (Metamagic)

use Dispel Magic or the greater version

paradox26
2023-06-16, 04:47 AM

I will allow you to rejig your spell selection if you like, since you had no way of knowing what might be useful for this game.

BelGareth
2023-06-16, 10:05 AM
I will allow you to rejig your spell selection if you like, since you had no way of knowing what might be useful for this game.

Thanks!

Would you be ok if I took Benthic Spell, and refluffed it to something like a torrent of sunstuff/fire energy? (would replace vast spell feat)

Benthic Spell (Metamagic)

Explorers in the depths of the Arcadian Ocean have learned that deadly pressure can be just as lethal as any flame.

Benefit: You can modify a spell that deals acid, cold, electricity, or fire damage to deal damage through high-pressure water instead. The spell gains the water descriptor, and you can either replace the spell’s normal damage with bludgeoning damage or split the spell’s damage so that half is bludgeoning and half is of its normal type. Creatures with damage reduction apply their damage reduction to bludgeoning damage from a benthic spell, but the spell counts as bludgeoning and magic for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction.

A benthic spell uses up a spell slot one level higher than the spell’s actual level.

paradox26
2023-06-18, 05:05 AM
That sounds acceptable.

Warlawk
2023-06-18, 07:01 AM
I do not have time for a full post right at the moment but Rysn will share the information regarding the Ants with the party in full. Just wanted to throw that out there in case someone wants to post before I have time to do so and they need to act on that information.

Warlawk
2023-06-18, 06:20 PM
Rolling K Engineering for Sacred Geometry.
Extended Resist Energy, effective level 4. [roll0]
Extended Haste, effective level 4. [roll1]

Starmage21
2023-06-19, 08:25 AM
Destruction sphere spells pretty much let me toss one of several elements, one of which is untyped. When you guys are ready to attack and we roll init, I can lead with a Sphere-shaped Disintegrate effect that is untyped.

Destruction Sphere (24d6 damage) 1 Sp, Explosive Orb 30ft Radius Burst +1 SP, +1 SP Disintegrate (untyped, unresistable), Gather Power -1 SP; Reflex DC 37 (10 + 1/2 Caster Level (11) + Int (15) +1 (Sphere Focus: Destruction) for Half.

I should make a spell card for that.
Destructive Blast
Spell Points: 0**
Range: 1200ft
Duration: Instantaneous
Effect: This attack has 3 forms:
Ray
Ranged +28 ; 17-20/x2; 14d6 Bludgeoning Damage
Talents: Destruction, Extended Range
Augment: Full Damage (+10d6) (+1 SP), Force Blast (+1 SP), Disintegrating Blast (+1 SP), Gather Energy (-1 SP)
Burst
Talents: Destruction, Extended Range, Explosive Orb, Selective Blast
Augment: Full Damage (+10d6) (+1 SP), Force Blast (+1 SP), Disintegrating Blast (+1 SP), Gather Energy (-1 SP), Better Selection (+1 SP), Wider Burst (+1 SP)
Saving Throw: Reflex DC 37; Half Damage
Attack of Opportunity
Melee +28; 17-20/x2; 14d6 Bludgeoning Damage
Talents: Destruction, Energetic Response
Augment: Force Blast (+1 SP), Disintegrating Blast (+1 SP)

BelGareth
2023-06-19, 09:45 AM
That sounds acceptable.

Thanks! that will help a lot, and also be cool

Lets kill some ants

paradox26
2023-06-20, 05:12 AM
Can I please have initiatives, since battle has been joined. Feel free to launch your attack when you roll, and I will sort them into order once you are all done.

[roll0] Ant initiative.

samduke
2023-06-20, 08:17 AM
Reiza Initiative

[roll0]

Notation the ants are subject to reiza's Challenge and are now her studied target

Warlawk
2023-06-20, 11:59 AM
Initiative
[roll0]

BelGareth
2023-06-20, 12:19 PM
oops, yeah, forgot that.

[roll0]

Starmage21
2023-06-22, 08:47 AM
Jaxon Inegar Initiative
[roll0]

Starmage21
2023-06-22, 08:56 AM
Of course I nat 20 init.

Question regarding how you handle pbp combats paradox26. Should I go ahead and post my combat actions now and you'll resolve, or should I keep checking until its my turn and THEN post?

BelGareth
2023-06-22, 09:39 AM
Can I please have initiatives, since battle has been joined. Feel free to launch your attack when you roll, and I will sort them into order once you are all done.

[roll0] Ant initiative.

Answered above.

paradox26
2023-06-24, 12:19 AM
It is looking like a short combat anyway. I wasn't sure if you had a way to deal with swarms.

Starmage21
2023-06-26, 07:57 AM
It is looking like a short combat anyway. I wasn't sure if you had a way to deal with swarms.

oh we got crazy AoEs. It would have been a bigger problem with players who'd been engulfed by swarms before we could act though.

paradox26
2023-06-30, 03:09 AM
I apologise for my absence. I had to take my mother in law to hospital a couple of days ago, and have been spending all of my free time there with her. She should be coming home on Monday night though, so things should return to normal soon.

BelGareth
2023-06-30, 09:31 AM
I apologise for my absence. I had to take my mother in law to hospital a couple of days ago, and have been spending all of my free time there with her. She should be coming home on Monday night though, so things should return to normal soon.

Hope everything is ok!

samduke
2023-07-01, 04:36 PM
@paradox26

just for the sake of conversation and questions if we are heading into a known anti-magic field, would a caster be able to use something akin to greater dispel magic or counterspell anti-magic field to turn off the field ?

and by that same token would a ring of counterspell ( GDM / AMF ) also trigger when entering such a field?

BelGareth
2023-07-02, 12:49 AM
Perhaps we can planar ally-esque get a creature via wish/miracle to assist us?

samduke
2023-07-02, 06:24 AM
well of the few planar that might, if we have access to wish/miracle - why not just use that to cast disjunction on the field, or if able just cast disjunction

Warlawk
2023-07-02, 03:49 PM

Life, Family and Health always come first, I hope everyone is mending/recovering well.

As for Disjunting the AMZ if that will work I have it prepared.
Knowledge Arcana to see if it has any chance of success I suppose? [roll0]

paradox26
2023-07-03, 05:49 AM
Thanks guys. My mother in law was released today, so things can get back to normal now.

Dispels explicitly don't work, according to the antimagic field spell description. Disjunction has a 1% chance per caster level chance.

samduke
2023-07-03, 08:02 AM
Thanks guys. My mother in law was released today, so things can get back to normal now.

Dispels explicitly don't work, according to the antimagic field spell description. Disjunction has a 1% chance per caster level chance.

ok what of a counterspell anti-magic field effect?

Starmage21
2023-07-03, 12:44 PM
We should be able to disjoin or dispel the Anti-Magic Field provided it is not created by an artifact or a god. Hopefully the Analyze Dweomer that was cast will tell us IF we can.

BelGareth
2023-07-05, 01:29 PM
Does a AMZ work in the astral plane as well?

Could we just ethereal jaunt through it?

paradox26
2023-07-06, 08:33 AM
I have always been under the belief that you can only counterspell as a spell is being cast. Beyond that you need to dispel or disjoin it, and dispel doesn't work on an AMF.

You could probably go astral to bypass it, but I don't think you can reappear in the zone. And that is beside the fact that the prison would surely be warded against people just going astral to escape their prisons.

BelGareth
2023-07-06, 11:24 AM
Vaguely worded Miracle spell go!!!!

Warlawk
2023-07-07, 08:40 PM
Found out on very short notice that I will be moving at the end of the month and there's much to do. I should have enough time for regular posts until we get to the last few days of the month when we are actually moving though. If there's a lapse waiting on me feel free to just assume that Rysn takes reasonable actions to move things forward.

paradox26
2023-07-09, 06:17 AM
No worries, Warlawk. Thanks for the heads up. We will run you in the background if you are unable to post.

Also, just a warning. My mother in law is back in hospital again, so I am spending all of my free time there with her. So my posts may be a little more sparse than normal. She should be home in a few days though hopefully.

Bel, did you want your spell to replicate a Disjunction spell? If so, please give me a roll of 1d100, needing to roll below your caster level for success. Because otherwise I will rule that the spell creates a rope that will allow you to climb down into the pit, since that will also bypass the problem. As you say, miracle spells can be unpredictable.

BelGareth
2023-07-09, 11:22 AM
No worries, Warlawk. Thanks for the heads up. We will run you in the background if you are unable to post.

Also, just a warning. My mother in law is back in hospital again, so I am spending all of my free time there with her. So my posts may be a little more sparse than normal. She should be home in a few days though hopefully.

Bel, did you want your spell to replicate a Disjunction spell? If so, please give me a roll of 1d100, needing to roll below your caster level for success. Because otherwise I will rule that the spell creates a rope that will allow you to climb down into the pit, since that will also bypass the problem. As you say, miracle spells can be unpredictable.

No to the disjunction, I was hoping for something better than a rope as my guy is slow and weak, but if that’s what we get then the multiverse confirmed our thoughts and we’re still good.

Starmage21
2023-07-10, 08:56 AM
Every day I'm learning. Turns out the Spheres of Power system uses a feat chain for Dispel Magic type effects. A feat chain which i do not have even one member of. So, I can counterspell things as theyre cast via the Arcanist Exploit chain, but once a spell like this Anti-Magic Field is in place, there isnt anything I can do.

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/co...ell-feats#toc2

DERP

TIL

BelGareth
2023-07-11, 10:54 AM
So if all we get is a Rope, then lets do that. My Liege Deity apparently hates me, and wants me to climb down a rope. lol

Gunhaven
2023-07-11, 11:37 AM
So if all we get is a Rope, then lets do that. My Liege Deity apparently hates me, and wants me to climb down a rope. lol

It’s okay, we’ll just tie you to the end of it and slowly lower you into the trees.

BelGareth
2023-07-11, 11:40 AM
It’s okay, we’ll just tie you to the end of it and slowly lower you into the trees.

That actual works for me. :smallcool:

samduke
2023-07-11, 09:34 PM
or you could lower Reiza Duneknight, as an alternative

Warlawk
2023-07-13, 01:04 PM
...It is as if the Burning One didn't want to waste the spell on such an obvious choice of action.

Ever feel like we might be overthinking things a bit? :smallbiggrin:

Short on time right this second but will get something up this afternoon.

BelGareth
2023-07-13, 01:27 PM
Ever feel like we might be overthinking things a bit? :smallbiggrin:

Short on time right this second but will get something up this afternoon.

yeah, thankfully we have a gracious dm who didn't take my costly spell components. :smallredface: I feel appropriately humbled.

Warlawk
2023-07-13, 06:23 PM
yeah, thankfully we have a gracious dm who didn't take my costly spell components.
Agreed, well handled.

paradox26
2023-07-15, 01:24 AM
I couldn't punish you to the tune of thousands of GP worth of wealth for something as simple as overlooking a potential way to descend.

samduke
2023-07-16, 03:51 PM
How far above are we from the 4 armed demons and are we directly above or are they all around the edges ?

paradox26
2023-07-17, 05:18 AM
They are about ten feet below you when they stop climbing, and they are around the edges, but close enough that you probably couldn't sneak past them using pure speed.

Starmage21
2023-07-17, 08:07 AM
*looks at character sheet*
LOL

ya'll gonna have to help my weak ass down the rope. My climb without magic is +1 :P

Can I take 10?

I'm considering a jump and just eating the fall damage.

BelGareth
2023-07-17, 12:59 PM
LOL

ya'll gonna have to help my weak ass down the rope. My climb without magic is +1 :P

Can I take 10?

I'm with you on that, my movement is even slower as well, due to my flaw.

samduke
2023-07-17, 05:29 PM
LOL

Can I take 10?

I was considering jump but with weapon drawn and land on them...

Starmage21
2023-07-19, 08:06 AM
I was considering jump but with weapon drawn and land on them...

Do you want to try a diplomatic solution first? Trying to annihilate an entire tribe of demonic girallons in an AMF might prove taxing. It seems like what they want is tribute. We can offer them something, or a service if necessary.

Warlawk
2023-07-19, 01:04 PM
As the group starts to tentatively descend into the darkness, You see movement below.

Just for clarification are we within the the AMZ? Are the creatures within the AMZ? Just want to be sure I have a clear idea.

Gunhaven
2023-07-19, 01:06 PM
I’m fine with either take. If a drinking contest solves it then that feels as appropriate as punching.

samduke
2023-07-19, 02:33 PM
Do you want to try a diplomatic solution first? Trying to annihilate an entire tribe of demonic girallons in an AMF might prove taxing. It seems like what they want is tribute. We can offer them something, or a service if necessary.

Just for clarification are we within the the AMZ? Are the creatures within the AMZ? Just want to be sure I have a clear idea.

well I guess there was no mention of if we were already within the AMZ, because that greatly would alter what Reiza would do/ have done as an AMZ turns off most magic items and spells ect..

@paradox26- can we get this clarified before adjudicating what I posted in IC

BelGareth
2023-07-19, 03:12 PM
I think it's something we need to figure out, whoever went down can test, they should know if their items are working or not.

paradox26
2023-07-20, 02:39 AM
You stop a couple of feet outside of the AMZ, so yes, you can still use your powers. But Sam's Truestrike spell would fail once she goes into the AMZ field. I will allow you to rejig your last post if you want to take that into consideration and change your actions, Sam.

And you could jump, but I warn you that if you fail your check, you will be considered prone and flat footed as you would land in the branches of the trees and be all over the place.

samduke
2023-07-20, 06:30 AM
You stop a couple of feet outside of the AMZ, so yes, you can still use your powers. But Sam's Truestrike spell would fail once she goes into the AMZ field. I will allow you to rejig your last post if you want to take that into consideration and change your actions, Sam.

And you could jump, but I warn you that if you fail your check, you will be considered prone and flat footed as you would land in the branches of the trees and be all over the place.

So a jump to the bottom, there is a tree to land in and take extra damage from.. is that correct ?

BelGareth
2023-07-20, 04:03 PM
if that info is relayed, you could theoretically cast Feather fall as it is an immediate action, would help with the prone issue, but then you would have to fight them in the trees, which seems like the way to go, can everyone cast that? I unfortunately do not, lol

EDIT: also curious if we can teleport through it, or DD through it. Technically speaking, that feels like it would work, as you are not traveling through anything, unlike shadowalk and the like.

Gunhaven
2023-07-20, 06:44 PM
Shoot if DD works then we could just go on the dragon express. I got Abundant Step, I might as well use it to yeet myself to the bottom.

samduke
2023-07-20, 07:23 PM
we know we are above the Anti Magic Field at the moment.
But Anti Magic Field Zone, presuming a standard spell area
Area 10-ft.-radius emanation, centered on creature

without knowing where it starts/ends, center, actual size, would DD effect actually work, due to range?
passing through debatable on if anything occurs

Feather fall the moment you enter the field gets turned off and the rest is fall damage, this was discussed when I mentioned it earlier

Teleport could work if we can see the spot where were going otherwise that is a huge risk best left un-taken

BelGareth
2023-07-21, 12:20 AM
It stops 10ft through, so like I said, if that can be communicated, then you can use feather fall, hell, even if it’s not.

samduke
2023-07-21, 07:01 AM
It stops 10ft through, so like I said, if that can be communicated, then you can use feather fall, hell, even if it’s not.

right, well unless someone who noticed where that field is says something in IC, I will give this a RL day or two and then if no one posts reiza will just jump, cuz she would.

Warlawk
2023-07-21, 07:46 PM
But Anti Magic Field Zone, presuming a standard spell area
Area 10-ft.-radius emanation, centered on creature

I was operating under the assumption that it was much larger, as in everything below the line was an AMZ. If it's just standard size that changes things significantly

BelGareth
2023-07-22, 12:01 PM
I think my 10ft is incorrect, but it is stated that it ends...

So, assuming Ixen’Hesjing relays that info (and thats a safe assumptiong), the rest of us know where it ends.

So lets just give em a favor, and move forward....I dunno, try singing to them

samduke
2023-07-22, 06:28 PM
well if you guys do nothing say in the next 36 or so hours I am just going to jump and hope to avoid that tree

Warlawk
2023-07-22, 07:45 PM
I think my 10ft is incorrect, but it is stated that it ends...

My understanding was that the very top portion of the pit is outside the AMZ, as you descend into the pit everything below "the line" was blanketed in an AMZ. If you're using an AMZ to keep a powerful demon lord in check that's the only thing that makes sense to me. Could use some clarification from P26 though it looks like.

Gunhaven
2023-07-22, 09:03 PM
Don’t mind me, I’m just offering them booze. I dont want to deal with the AMZ for as long as I can.

paradox26
2023-07-23, 02:00 AM
Sorry for the late response. I meant to reply yesterday, but forgot and went to bed early.

If you jump into the trees, you will get tangled in them, which will make you count as prone and flatfooted. The AMZ field is larger than ten feet. It will cover the whole of the well, to prevent escape. You wouldn't necessarily know that IC, but your characters are fairly intelligent, and would figure that out as at least a strong possibility. So you can use that information OOC to come up with a plan.

samduke
2023-07-23, 06:37 AM
Sorry for the late response. I meant to reply yesterday, but forgot and went to bed early.

If you jump into the trees, you will get tangled in them, which will make you count as prone and flatfooted. The AMZ field is larger than ten feet. It will cover the whole of the well, to prevent escape. You wouldn't necessarily know that IC, but your characters are fairly intelligent, and would figure that out as at least a strong possibility. So you can use that information OOC to come up with a plan.

what check if any to find or see a spot that might not get entangled into the tree ?

Starmage21
2023-07-24, 08:07 AM
So I was right about fighting in an AMF down there. The Girallons will have a serious advantage, and I'm flat out worthless. I'd suggest a diplomatic approach.

paradox26
2023-07-26, 03:44 AM
what check if any to find or see a spot that might not get entangled into the tree ?

Sorry for the late reply. An Acrobatics check will let you know where you can safely land among the tree branches.

samduke
2023-07-26, 06:25 AM
Acrobatics [roll0]

* I think this has taken far to long - Reiza - is jumping

Warlawk
2023-07-26, 06:57 PM
So I was right about fighting in an AMF down there. The Girallons will have a serious advantage, and I'm flat out worthless. I'd suggest a diplomatic approach.

P26 selecting 3 characters completely reliant on magic knowing the first big encounter will feature an AMZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAPblKzEy3o

BelGareth
2023-07-26, 07:00 PM
Right? I’m about to jump

Gunhaven
2023-07-26, 08:41 PM
Welp guess I’ll chuck some alchemical items at them in the near future.

paradox26
2023-07-27, 07:08 AM
Sorry, that was unintentional. I added the AMZ because you guys blow through encounters too easily when fully charged up with magic, so I figured I would make things a bit more of a challenge. If it makes you feel any better, the gorallons are only CR 14.

Starmage21
2023-07-27, 07:39 AM
P26 selecting 3 characters completely reliant on magic knowing the first big encounter will feature an AMZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAPblKzEy3o

I'm DEFINITELY not complaining. To me its a hurdle to be overcome and its not always gonna be all about me. We're a team, and this is gonna be all about the fighters if the diplomatic approach doesnt work.

Warlawk
2023-07-27, 11:14 AM
Sorry, that was unintentional. I added the AMZ because you guys blow through encounters too easily when fully charged up with magic, so I figured I would make things a bit more of a challenge. If it makes you feel any better, the gorallons are only CR 14.

Sorry I wasn't more clear, that was absolutely posted with a smile. Adversity and challenge are what adventuring is all about. All good!

paradox26
2023-07-28, 04:50 AM
That is a relief.

Can I please get acrobatics checks from everyone who tries to get through the branches, to see if you can drop straight through or if you get caught in the branches.

BelGareth
2023-07-28, 10:31 AM
[roll0] for branch checking

Warlawk
2023-07-28, 11:48 AM
Just as a heads up, we are edging into the final days before moving. Will be picking up the u-haul on Sunday and moving through the first few days of the week. Outside of the actual moving days (31st and 1st) I should have some times when I'm taking breaks and sitting at the PC to keep up with posts, but if you need to have Rysn act to keep things moving do not hesitate to do so!

paradox26
2023-07-31, 04:07 AM
I had a busy day yesterday too, and wasn't able to get online as expected. Don't worry too much. I am sure not much will be taking place in the next day or two. You can roll initiative for me though, if you want to take part in the fight I am sure isn't going to be avoided at this stage.

Gunhaven
2023-07-31, 07:25 AM
Oh hey I’ll throw them bones just in case: [roll0]

Starmage21
2023-07-31, 08:17 AM
Initiative WITHOUT MAGIC [roll0]

The AMF is gone once we hit the floor right?

Warlawk
2023-07-31, 10:52 AM
Initiative: 1d20+27
Currently I am above the AMZ, if I need to enter it -16 Initiative.

Warlawk
2023-07-31, 10:53 AM
Messed up my formatting I think.
Initiative: [roll0]

samduke
2023-08-01, 08:17 AM
Initiative [roll0]

paradox26
2023-08-02, 12:44 AM
Yes, the AMF is gone at ground level, but you can't just drop through the branches without falling prone, caught up in them. You need to succeed at an acrobatics check to fall through successfully.

Everyone can act first, before the gorallons.

Starmage21
2023-08-02, 09:23 AM
Are you saying the branches will catch us or they are just what causes the need for the roll to avoid being prone?

Do we roll our own fall damage or do you do that?

samduke
2023-08-03, 08:00 AM
Yes, the AMF is gone at ground level, but you can't just drop through the branches without falling prone, caught up in them. You need to succeed at an acrobatics check to fall through successfully.

Everyone can act first, before the gorallons.

just for the sake of question the Demonic Retriever, is it part of this combat, as I have made it my studied/challenge

Starmage21
2023-08-03, 10:17 AM
Rolled my own fall damage for expediency.

Warlawk
2023-08-03, 03:39 PM
There was an issue with our internet install and it had to be rescheduled to tomorrow 8/4 so do not wait on me to move the action along, I'm far to old, blind and lazy to try an IC post from mobile. If the fight goes to the ground Rysn will drop down through the branches to join the party.

paradox26
2023-08-05, 01:49 AM
Are you saying the branches will catch us or they are just what causes the need for the roll to avoid being prone?

Do we roll our own fall damage or do you do that?
Both. If you fail the acrobatics check you will get caught up in the branches and be considered prone and flat footed.
You can roll your own damage if you like.

EDIT: Never mind. We will go with how you did it, and just have the branches cause fall damage and let you hit the ground.

just for the sake of question the Demonic Retriever, is it part of this combat, as I have made it my studied/challenge
It will be part of the battle. It just doesn't act until you show hostile intent.

Gunhaven
2023-08-05, 02:20 AM
Ah well, that’s still 94 damage even without the fiddly bits. Just makes future yeets easier.

samduke
2023-08-05, 07:17 AM
Roll initiatives please, if you haven't already. Also, note that the gorallons are within the antimagic field, so the crown of elemental mastery, for example, wouldn't affect them.

gorallons CR 6 but the gm said CR 14
Initiative

demonic retreiver CR 11 so CR ?? (target of Reiza's studied and challenge)
Initiative

PC's
warlawk [43]
samduke [29]
gunhaven [15]
starmage [11]

Starmage21
2023-08-07, 08:09 AM
Both. If you fail the acrobatics check you will get caught up in the branches and be considered prone and flat footed.
You can roll your own damage if you like.

EDIT: Never mind. We will go with how you did it, and just have the branches cause fall damage and let you hit the ground.

It will be part of the battle. It just doesn't act until you show hostile intent.

I just rolled 100ft fall damage and rolled the check to see if I was prone after hitting the ground. I only did that so that you wouldnt be waiting on me to post because I was waiting for clarification. If you have any problems with me doing that in the future, I wont be butthurt because amendments have to be made to my posts :D

Warlawk
2023-08-09, 12:12 PM
Fall/Branch damage [roll0]

samduke
2023-08-12, 06:49 AM
gorallons CR 6 but the gm said CR 14
Initiative

demonic retreiver CR 11 so CR ?? (target of Reiza's studied and challenge)
Initiative

PC's
warlawk [43]
samduke [29]
gunhaven [15]
starmage [11]

@paradox26, so are we all on the ground together and going into combat or ??

paradox26
2023-08-13, 04:38 AM
OOC: You can all start the combat from ground level, though the gorallons are in the AMZ. Also, girallons are CR6, but Gorallons are higher level, and there are several of them. You can all start the combat rounds now.

samduke
2023-08-13, 07:08 AM
my shield damage rolls are messed up
+5 Mithral Heavy Spiked Steel Shield
1:[roll0]
2:[roll1]
3:[roll2]
4:[roll3]

BelGareth
2023-08-15, 02:50 PM
I'm going to drop this game, thanks everyone.

samduke
2023-08-15, 11:01 PM
@Paradox26

SO beyond myself who all is still around, & active in this game?

last player besides myself to post ooc was on the aug 9th and IC aug 6th

Samduke
Warlawk
Starmage
Gunhaven

BelGareth -> Dropped
Watupwithdat >gone
AdmiralIvy >gone

Gunhaven
2023-08-15, 11:43 PM
Still here, chucked a bottle at one of the monkeys and flying above the AMZ.

Warlawk
2023-08-16, 11:54 AM
Still here, assumed my movement through the trees was my turn but I've been checking the threads daily.

Even if the move through the trees didn't take my turn, the enemies are still in the AMZ so i'll be holding my action until they close at which point I would unleash a Slow on them.

Warlawk
2023-08-20, 08:14 AM
Just as a heads up there's a major wildfire in my area. 1 dead, 9500+acres and 185+ structures burned as of the last updates ~10 hours ago. It isn't currently moving in my direction, but it's only 10-15 miles away so I could have to evacuate on short on notice.

paradox26
2023-08-20, 11:54 PM
Sorry for the slow response. I have had a different activity on every night for the last week, and haven't been able to post.

If we still have three people we can continue, unless you want to re-recruit.

Hope you stay well, Warlawk.

The gorralons aren't straying from the AMZ. You will have to go in after them.

Gunhaven
2023-08-21, 04:00 AM
Damn that 1d4.

[roll0]+[roll1]+22

Starmage21
2023-08-23, 08:41 AM
I need to apologize to everyone. I went on vacation last week in Las Vegas. I intended to be away for just 3 days, but got stuck there over a week. I didnt have a computer and I didnt let anyone know I wouldnt be posting. Sorry for that!

I'll get caught up and post very soon!

paradox26
2023-08-24, 05:31 AM
No problem, Starmage. Hope you had a good time. If you have to be stuck anywhere for longer than expected, I guess Vegas is as good a place as any other.

Starmage21
2023-08-24, 07:27 AM
No problem, Starmage. Hope you had a good time. If you have to be stuck anywhere for longer than expected, I guess Vegas is as good a place as any other.

Based on what I've read so far, it looks like we're in the first round of combat still. Are we waiting on anyone for moving into round 2?

samduke
2023-08-24, 11:22 AM
Based on what I've read so far, it looks like we're in the first round of combat still. Are we waiting on anyone for moving into round 2?

technically I "moved" and set a new studied/challenged target to the "monkeys" and that would be round 2

samduke
2023-08-24, 11:29 AM
@paradox26

mostly because I fail to remember, are we toting around gear from slain enemies ?

I have come to the realization that I have a ton of GP left over but no ranged weapon.. LOL - something to be remedied when/if we get to a town

paradox26
2023-08-26, 02:14 AM
We are at the top of round 2, so everyone can act before the gorralons.

You haven't faced any other enemies yet, so you have no enemy gear to lug around with you at this stage.

samduke
2023-08-26, 09:28 AM
We are at the top of round 2, so everyone can act before the gorralons.

You haven't faced any other enemies yet, so you have no enemy gear to lug around with you at this stage.

um Big nasty ants , and now a demon spider? but okay

samduke
2023-08-26, 09:34 AM
@Ixen'Hesjing flick some paint at the gorallions which then turns into a hail of stones to crash into them.
Maybe they'd fall down to his allies

*GM I think Reiza is under the gorallions, and may or may not be subject to this effect, and if all else fails, can she pick up the stones or are they magically expired once cast or whatever.. ??

Gunhaven
2023-08-26, 11:02 AM
I imagine they magically expire. I’m yeeting a bunch of pebbles at them and casually taunting them until they decide to leave us be. Ideally they’d get hurled down to y’all and you guys can finish them off post-fall damage

samduke
2023-08-27, 11:33 PM
Rysn attacks a tree - die tree , die! LOL

paradox26
2023-08-28, 05:55 AM
um Big nasty ants , and now a demon spider? but okay

Sorry, forgot you faced those. They didn't carry treasure though.

Warlawk
2023-08-28, 07:17 AM
Rysn attacks a tree - die tree , die! LOL

Riven darts deals force damage, magic missiles deal force damage.
Trees are made of wood, gazebos are made of wood.

I cast magic missile at the Dread Gazebo! :smallcool:

Starmage21
2023-08-28, 08:35 AM
There are ways to use spell attacks against people in AMFs but I didn't bring any today. I'd have to shift my talents around and I don't have a way I can do that on the fly. (I have to wait for a rest)

@Paradox26 Can I dispel the Anti-Magic Field somehow with a Dispel Magic or Disjunction type effect?

samduke
2023-08-28, 12:20 PM
There are ways to use spell attacks against people in AMFs but I didn't bring any today. I'd have to shift my talents around and I don't have a way I can do that on the fly. (I have to wait for a rest)

@Paradox26 Can I dispel the Anti-Magic Field somehow with a Dispel Magic or Disjunction type effect?

dispel magic, nope, greater dispel, nope, Disjunction yes, wish/miracle yes

trees are wood,
Lantern Oil + flint n steel, Fireball or any other thing that causes flammable to ignite. set it at the base of the tree(s) = burning tree(s)

Starmage21
2023-08-31, 07:07 AM
Yeah with Spheres there is no Dispel Magic outside of the Counterspell (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/counterspell-feats) feat chain, which I didnt take.

paradox26
2023-08-31, 11:13 PM
Disjunction or Wish are the only ways to break an AMZ, and they only provide a % chance equal to caster level.

samduke
2023-09-03, 08:55 AM
@paradox26

IIRC, mudane stuff like oil, is unaffected by an AMF, I would like to know how high up the remaining portion of the tree(s) are related to the ground where my character is standing near atm

paradox26
2023-09-04, 05:14 AM
The trees are burned to a height of ten feet above the ground, where the AMZ is ended. Above that height they are very thick still. And yes, you can try to burn them using oil and alchemists fire. But the enemy will likely try to stop you doing that.

samduke
2023-09-05, 06:25 AM
right I was waiting for the others to post stuff IC before doing anything

Starmage21
2023-09-06, 08:15 AM
Warriors, this is your chance to shine! I've done what I can down at the bottom. You'll have to bring em down so I can disintegrate them!

or the DM can punish us properly because everyone is playing some variation of Gish... :D

samduke
2023-09-08, 01:12 AM
okay @paradox26
this may end up being stupid but..
action wise I think it is a standard action to "THROW" a flask of oil, as it would be targeting the "TREES" I do not know if an attack roll is required but presuming such, (improvised weapon -4, tree ac of what 10 ?) if I use both hands to throw I could toss 2 flasks as with TWF, no negatives for me, if I hand out oil to party members who do not have oil I could quickly expend all 6 of my oil, and in theory the tree area should be covered enough.. then probably the following round.. take a lit torch or some other such non magical flame, and toss several in there and hope to catch the tree on fire setting it ablaze.

I just need to know what rolls to make and then I can IC "RP" the whole interaction.

paradox26
2023-09-11, 03:40 AM
Hi guys. Sorry I have been quiet, but my life situation has changed a fair bit in the last week. I am doing a study course that has heated up and is taking my nights, and my aged care client has gone into respite and I am now spending all of my days with him at the nursing home to keep him company while his guardian is overseas. This means I will be unable to have enough time to run any games for about the next month or so. I should be able to resume after that, so if you don't mind waiting then keep your characters and I will try to resume when my life goes back to normal. I am very sorry I am not able to continue running the game at this stage. I am able to play in the couple of games I am in because I can post for those while I am waiting to be allowed in to see my client, but I don't have time to be able to access my books when I am at home.

So I unfortunately, long story short, have to put the game on hiatus for three to four weeks. I will understand anyone who doesn't want to stick around, but if you do the game will resume soon.

Starmage21
2023-09-11, 10:14 AM
Hi guys. Sorry I have been quiet, but my life situation has changed a fair bit in the last week. I am doing a study course that has heated up and is taking my nights, and my aged care client has gone into respite and I am now spending all of my days with him at the nursing home to keep him company while his guardian is overseas. This means I will be unable to have enough time to run any games for about the next month or so. I should be able to resume after that, so if you don't mind waiting then keep your characters and I will try to resume when my life goes back to normal. I am very sorry I am not able to continue running the game at this stage. I am able to play in the couple of games I am in because I can post for those while I am waiting to be allowed in to see my client, but I don't have time to be able to access my books when I am at home.

So I unfortunately, long story short, have to put the game on hiatus for three to four weeks. I will understand anyone who doesn't want to stick around, but if you do the game will resume soon.

I dont have any issues with this. Just ping us when you're back and dont hurry! Its important to take care of you and yours first! :D

Warlawk
2023-09-11, 11:13 PM
Take care of yourself and your life bro. I hope everything goes as well as it can. Will keep this subbed to take a look at when things become available again.

samduke
2023-09-12, 06:10 AM
take care, will keep checking this

samduke
2023-10-05, 12:09 AM
@paradox26, was this getting restarted, also who is still here?